00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CitrusTheNerd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Secret Service - Warning to all!

43,939 Views | 669 Replies

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 05:38:41

At 5/24/07 02:01 AM, Shawtey wrote:
If you told your teacher you were going to kill her, you'd go to jail. Do you consider that to be against your free speech?
yes...

It's called "free speech" but not when you tell someone you're going to kill them. Then, it's called "Death Threat" which is completely fucking different.

Cute+Funny=?

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 05:52:18

So lock up your daughter!
Lock up your wife!
Lock up your back door and run for your life!
'Cause Bush is back in town!
Don't you mess around!

Seriously, you guys live in a Terror State, and I'm not talking about terrorists...

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 05:55:14

The gestapo are-a comin'.

Best not screw around. >.>

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 06:32:34

oh my god.That's crazy Seriously Wade you need a page on things that NG users NEED to avoid doing.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 06:56:13

Well as I live in the UK I couldn't really give a shit, and if the SS want to call me up then I'd love to hear from them as I have diplomatic immunity and I'm sure the call wont be toll free ;-)

*Goes outside to do some target practice on a cardboard cut-out of bush*

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 07:03:15

Damn thats partially unbelieveable. I guess those bearucrats aint got anything better to do. Must be from the flood of bush sucks topics in politico and gneral.

I am tempted to try it curiosity.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 07:07:36

"This country needs an enema."

I love how you abbreviated them as the "SS" at the end of the post. It's quite fitting, I think. Why the fuck would they come dumping the weight on you, though, Wade? It's not like you posted the threat.

I could understand yelling at the kid's parents and leaving it at that, but I don't see a point in confronting you about it. Unless you found it necessary to enforce an IP ban/ account termination for every user who makes a threatening crack at the Bush Administration.

You've finally made it home

Draped in the flag that you fell for

And so it goes - the ashes of the wake

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 07:11:57

Everything cool happens when toms away, V tech game thing, SS attacking members, ummm, well thats about it, but still.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 07:18:03

i'm sure for most of the foreigners it'd probably be a no, wade could get in trouble because he helps run the site and therefore is somewhat responsible for what we do on it.

for the sake of the fulps, just don't

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 07:20:17

Hahaha thats insane what a paranoid America, reminds me of this

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 07:21:13

OK, thanks for warning, even though I made no jokes about the president, I'll watch out from now on.

I've lived in filth, I've lived in sin

And I still smell cleaner than the shit you're in

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 07:41:25

At 5/24/07 01:27 AM, Reed wrote: Again, I'm not mocking the seriousness of the SS I just think it's weird they would go that far on a harmless joke..

Well, they will.

Look, the secret service has NEVER been known for their keen sense of humor. I feel safer that way, really.

To be brutally honest, after reading through some of the post histories of the users here, I'd be surprised if the average adult wouldn't be a little concerned about what character is writing up all this stuff. You guys keep forgetting that the internet is still a whole new world to most people and they don't quite know how to take everything on here.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 07:50:07

At 5/24/07 04:33 AM, Sarai wrote: I think you're posting this because you're upset that the S/S contacted you.

Actually, Wade posted this so that the members here would not have to go through the unpleasant experience of dealing with the secret service showing up at their door. He's actually trying to be nice. WillPostForFood decided to be a supreme ass and report these 'threats' and I don't think he realised the gravity of what he was doing.

Basically what I'm saying is that Wade nor Tom have any control over what our government does in regards to investigation of our users because of what they post here if a third party decides to report it. All they can do is inform you of the policies the government does have, (and has had for many, many years) and hope that the posters take heed.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 07:54:13

At 5/24/07 07:50 AM, Maus wrote:
At 5/24/07 04:33 AM, Sarai wrote: I think you're posting this because you're upset that the S/S contacted you.
Actually, Wade posted this so that the members here would not have to go through the unpleasant experience of dealing with the secret service showing up at their door. He's actually trying to be nice. WillPostForFood decided to be a supreme ass and report these 'threats' and I don't think he realised the gravity of what he was doing.

Basically what I'm saying is that Wade nor Tom have any control over what our government does in regards to investigation of our users because of what they post here if a third party decides to report it. All they can do is inform you of the policies the government does have, (and has had for many, many years) and hope that the posters take heed.

Well, I don't know what "Willpostforfood" did or didn't do. But Newgrounds as I mentioned appears to have many 'kill so and so' flashes online. Are they all going to get taken down? *shrugs* If the SS want to investigate every threat, let them. It's up to them how to allocate their resources and I don't think we should modify what we do for them, unless this website removes all George Bush death flash, or whatever. Otherwise it's a bit hypocratical.

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 07:57:48

we are gathered here today to remember and celebrate the life of freedom of speech who so tragically cut down by a wave of frenzied paranoia R.I.P you will be sorely missed

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 08:03:55

Fuck George Bush. And the secret service.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 08:12:20

Will they travel to Holland to question me? >_<

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 08:16:49

about time someone gave these idiots a wake up call

and incase assholes try hiding behind the first amendment, freedom of speech doesn't work if you're threatening someone

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 08:22:06

Down with capitalism, i'll pop a cap in Bush's ass myself, bring it on.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 08:23:02

At 5/24/07 07:20 AM, Jesse-Ray wrote: Hahaha thats insane what a paranoid America, reminds me of this

You're 17, since you're obviously simple minded, let me tell you how the world works.

If someone came up to you and said "I'm going to kill you." Would you laugh or be afraid, and possibly call the cops? The world goes with option 2, since there are people who would kill you for any reason. Just becauaw it's a joke doesn't mean everyone will take it that way. A threat is a threat. it's not paranoia it's saftey.

Welcome to the real world now.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 08:25:53

At 5/24/07 08:18 AM, Red-Scorpion wrote: Remember me saying in my thread about Kongregate saying i will h4x0r them? it was just a joke :P

REALLY it was

btw is newgrounds going down now? :(

lol its too late...their coming for you!

i don't think american secret service would have any jurisdiction in australia

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 08:26:34

can they even do that? i mean this is a PUBLIC board, and there's a lot of people from overseas... would they get investigated? say if they are from Australia? yeah Bush's an idiot... but now we're gonna get investigated? isn't that like a violation of civil rights? freedom of speech?? wow... i mean like SERIOUSLY WOW! like WTF?!
i swear....

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 08:28:23

What if we tell about our intentions to slaughter the secret service? Is that allowed?

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 08:28:43

they mean business, i once heard they questioned a 5th grader for saying that she'd kill george bush in a paper for school.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 08:30:05

At 5/24/07 07:54 AM, Sarai wrote: I don't think we should modify what we do for them

Modifying our behaviour is what 'obeying the law' is all about. Talk of piracy isn't allowed on the forums because we don't want Macromedia (Adobe? Whatever) thinking we're harbouring and supporting illegal sharing of their program. In the same vein, talk of killing the President isn't allowed because we don't want the government thinking our users pose a threat to him.

Making an animation in which Bush gets shot in the head after you click a button may still concern certain people, but it's not in the same league as publicly declaring you're going to kill him.

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 08:32:46

Oh my you're all such whiney bitches.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 08:37:59

At 5/24/07 08:22 AM, WilliWowza wrote: Down with capitalism, i'll pop a cap in Bush's ass myself, bring it on.

nice knowing you

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 08:46:58

At 5/24/07 07:54 AM, Sarai wrote: Otherwise it's a bit hypocratical.

I addressed this very point much earlier in the thread.

If you want to be 'that guy' then feel free to report the authors of said flashes.

The celebrities portrayed in those flash games have the right to request that the flash be removed. There have been several cases where NG has had to remove content because of this.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 08:49:08

Like a give a fucking crap I live in Poland and I think the president of USA of a fag.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 08:52:43

At 5/24/07 08:49 AM, TacoFreak wrote: Like a give a fucking crap I live in Poland and I think the president of USA of a fag.

wow, that makes me feel like making a "flame bush" thread for non-americans only.