00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Secret Service - Warning to all!

43,933 Views | 669 Replies

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:30:04

At 5/23/07 11:25 PM, Aksumka wrote: Why would someone joke around like that? That's just some stupid shit.

Because it's the internet.

The imaginary ever-present barrier some people think surrounds their Internet persona against them in real life.

It's technically the same as threatening someone else, honestly. As in example: People will threaten other people on the internet because they know the person they're threatening doesn't know who they are.

In the case here, especially since were all high-strung on security and taking even the lightest threats seriously.

I'm sure its not as bad as everyone thinks initially. Like in the article Maus posted, they arent busting into your house, and rummaging through your things. They're just conducting an interview with said individual.

Of course, it hasn't happened to me so I don't know for sure.

Jason Becker, will of steel. | Django Reinhardt, the greatest.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:30:16

At 5/23/07 11:28 PM, MadCow wrote: I contemplating whether I WANT the secret service to come to my house. What do they do? Just ask you retarded questions on whether you're serious, even though both parties know you weren't?

They'll crash through the windows and drug you before you can react. You'll later wake up in a dark room with a light over your head and two guys questioning you.
But that's just what happens in the movies.

Resident furfag, and (one of) Newground's bastard child(s).

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:30:32

At 5/23/07 11:24 PM, robattle wrote:
At 5/23/07 11:17 PM, WadeFulp wrote: YOU CAN NO DO THIS! YOU CAN NO JOKE ABOUT THIS!
I'm going to insult anyone.
DO NOT JOKE AROUND.
Big fucking deal the secret service is overeacting AGAIN.
DO NOT screw around with this.
I will not but what about the others?

You know what I think Secret Service, you act like the almighty boss of the web all damn day. I think it's about time that you came to your senses about what the people of the U.S have to say.

Robattle I have one thing to say...... YOU ARE DAMN RIGHT about the secret service. They have MUCH better things to do.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:30:54

At 5/23/07 11:30 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
)

Why in the world are you smiling over something like this?

SON OF BITCH AMERICAN

AMERICAN IS PIG

DO YOU WANT A HAMBURGER? DO YOU WANT A PIZZA?

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:31:17

Dont't worry Mr. President, Agent Wade's got your back.

I don't believe.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:31:48

At 5/23/07 11:22 PM, BirthofaNova wrote: Am I still allowed to call the President a retarded douchebag?

On a serious note, doesn't the SS have better things to do than investigate our BBS? Shit. Go America.

Okay, I'm breaking out the old thinking cap here.

Newgrounds is full of stupid teens that like to joke about stupid stuff, much like most middle schools and some high schools. These teens do not have the rules on the BBS that they do in real life, which causes them to think they can do WHATEVER they want.

Newgrounds is pretty freakin' big, and so there's a good chance, and in this case, an extremely good chance that a lot of people on here do not like President Bush. These are teens who are tought by their mom and dad that Bush is a bad man.

The kids then decide, well.... "Bush is bad, and I'm good. I could be cool to everyone else if I said I'm going to kill Bush! YAY!"

They post. Bam Secret Service.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:32:25

At 5/23/07 11:30 PM, true-or-not wrote:
Robattle I have one thing to say...... YOU ARE DAMN RIGHT about the secret service. They have MUCH better things to do.

Thank you. You now get 300 cool points for your post.

Nothing here anymore.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:32:48

Does the SS check every post made on the internet or something? I'm surprised they would act like this all of a sudden.

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:32:58

At 5/23/07 11:30 PM, true-or-not wrote:
At 5/23/07 11:24 PM, robattle wrote: You know what I think Secret Service, you act like the almighty boss of the web all damn day. I think it's about time that you came to your senses about what the people of the U.S have to say.

Because you're ex-SS. Fuckin' read that article Maus posted before you make yourselves look even stupider.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:33:54

At 5/23/07 11:32 PM, LordJaric wrote: Does the SS check every post made on the internet or something? I'm surprised they would act like this all of a sudden.

something like this.

SON OF BITCH AMERICAN

AMERICAN IS PIG

DO YOU WANT A HAMBURGER? DO YOU WANT A PIZZA?

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:38:07

At 5/23/07 11:32 PM, LordJaric wrote: Does the SS check every post made on the internet or something? I'm surprised they would act like this all of a sudden.

They've always been this way. i am quite sure there are people out there with nothing better to do than to try to find people making 'threats' so they can report them. The secret service must act on every report, no matter how trivial.

Anecdote: A kid I went to high school with joked about killing the president at that time. A couple weeks later, the secret service visited our school. This wasn't a couple months ago or last year. That was in 1992. Rules haven't gotten any stricter, it's just easier for find these 'threats' and report them.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:39:16

i know they are trying to protect the president, but thats a waste of time and money if you ask me. if someone was going after the president, they wouldnt post about it on a public forum.
thats what i hate about the post-9/11 world, everyones so damn paranoid.

I dont even.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:40:52

If only the Secret Service knew about Newgrounds back in 1963.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:44:33

Guess what NG, Bush hates us.

check it.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:45:08

Account deletion? Isn't that a little extreme? I mean, they just show up for questions, it's not like NG would get shut down/fined.

Also, what happened to freedom of speech? I'm not debating your right to bann this conversation on the BBS, it is your site after all. I'm just saying that it's a bit rediculous for them to question anyone who even vaguely mentions that they want Bush dead. I understand the reasons for it, but it is getting a bit out of control.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:45:50

Wow.
Has the SS arrested anyone on the BBS for writing threats?

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:48:14

At 5/23/07 11:37 PM, wadefloop wrote: Why plot to kill Bush his stupidity ought to catch up with him sooner or later its just a matter of time.

Ya know, I heard he got caught driving without a seatbelt recently...

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:49:45

At 5/23/07 11:25 PM, Aksumka wrote: Why would someone joke around like that? That's just some stupid shit.

I think what's worse is that the Secret Service is using their time to scout out posts on the Internet threatening George Bush. You know George is in hot water if the SS show up to your house after you've drawn a picture of Bush's head on a pike. Some might call it hatred, I call it art--it's the kind of stuff you might see in history books, as biased as that would be.

But hey, that's what the Secret Service are supposed to do: protect the president. I don't oppose what they do, I oppose what they represent. We shouldn't be thinking "whatever, that's just how it is". One good thing about America is that you are allowed to debate whatever you want to, which may lead to a solution. Perhaps the SS should spend more time on the threatening level of bear activity in this post-9/11 world than trying to protect the life of Dubyah, for it is the BEAR that shall bring this nation down, not the death of the president; we've got plenty of those guys to spare, and a whole new batch coming up in 2009.

In conclusion, bears can go suck a fuck.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:52:25

At 5/23/07 11:45 PM, Twerpo wrote: I'm just saying that it's a bit rediculous for them to question anyone who even vaguely mentions that they want Bush dead. I understand the reasons for it, but it is getting a bit out of control.

That's just it though. It is ridiculous, but they have to cover EVERY base just incase.

Did half of you guys read the article that Maus posted? I don't want to bother writing any more because it says what I want to about 10X better.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:52:53

At 5/23/07 11:30 PM, JackFox wrote:
At 5/23/07 11:28 PM, MadCow wrote: I contemplating whether I WANT the secret service to come to my house. What do they do? Just ask you retarded questions on whether you're serious, even though both parties know you weren't?
They'll crash through the windows and drug you before you can react. You'll later wake up in a dark room with a light over your head and two guys questioning you.
But that's just what happens in the movies.

Lmao, what if they actually did that in real life? That'd be great.

Right before you even post your threat, they just burst in, break a bunch of shit, your dad gets in the way and demands to know what's happening, one of them just smashes him in the face with the but of their gun. They violently force you out of the house, handcuffed, your last sight is your mom and little sister over your dads bloodied body crying for his pain...

Then your feel a sharp pain in the back of your head and your fall face-first to the ground. Awaking to what feels like days later in a dank, dirty interrigation room with a slap to the face. You feel dizzy, in one of your eyes the vision is distorted and blurry, (you hope that won't last long) and all you can smell is the scent of the dried blood on your nose.

The interrigators seem to be playing a game of "Good Cop - Bad Cop" with you. One agent continues to yell and spit in your face. You can barely hear what he's saying though, there's too much blood in your ears. They calmer agent quietly gets close to you, puts his hand on your shoulder and says "All we need to know is... did you mean that comment you made about killing the president?"

"The one online... on Newgrounds... from yesterday?" you cough out. "Yes." he simply responds. "What are you... retarded?" you slyly comment, you're regaining your energy, and are being sarcastic, as usual, then you spit in his face.

2 minutes later, they let you go. It's extremely bright out, it takes you a couple of seconds before you can see a thing. You don't know where you are. All you know is it looks like you're in front of a small building in the middle of the desert, it's hot as Hell, and your ass hurts... a lot... but you sluggishly begin your long trek home.

Before you leave, one of the agents runs up to you to apologize for all the trouble they've put you through. They hand you a coupon for a free small order of fries from you local McDonalds that expired years ago, shake your hand and pat you on the ass and go back inside :[

THE END!

OR IS IT?

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:53:48

Can I threaten to kill presidents from OTHER countries?

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:56:05

K i'm not even kidding now i'm scared to post anything

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:56:27

At 5/23/07 11:52 PM, MadCow wrote: THE END!
OR IS IT?

Oh lawd, hahaha, I think you pretty much summed it up. :-D

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:57:20

At 5/23/07 11:56 PM, DM692 wrote: K i'm not even kidding now i'm scared to post anything

Oh my The SS is whaching us. those Preves.

Nothing here anymore.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:57:23

At 5/23/07 11:45 PM, Twerpo wrote: but it is getting a bit out of control.

Based on Maus' article and the devices they employ to track down these people, I'd say they've got things quite tightly under control.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:58:01

At 5/23/07 11:52 PM, MadCow wrote:
Right before you even post your threat, they just burst in, break a bunch of shit

I loved Minority Report :D

I'm gonna go watch it!

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:59:37

What a pleasant little suppression of the 1st amendment :)

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:00:28

At 5/23/07 11:53 PM, Zerostar wrote: Can I threaten to kill presidents from OTHER countries?

Epic fucking win.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:00:29

At 5/23/07 11:49 PM, Chumbawamba wrote: I think what's worse is that the Secret Service is using their time to scout out posts

I sincerely doubt that's the case.

Most of this happens because someone else reports it to them. I'd go into more detail, but I need to go put on my tinfoil hat because they are reading my mindwaves through this thread. 8)

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:01:15

I'm curious as to how many threats are made by non-US citizens... Legitimately curious.

BBS Signature