00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

horndogg60 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Secret Service - Warning to all!

43,946 Views | 669 Replies

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:01:25

I dunno what is crazier about this, the Secret Service taking stuff like that on NG seriously or people being stupid enough to write threats like that in such a public domain.

And those Secret Service guys won't get me. Unless they use their illegal flights technique....

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:01:30

At 5/24/07 12:00 AM, Maus wrote: Most of this happens because someone else reports it to them. I'd go into more detail, but I need to go put on my tinfoil hat because they are reading my mindwaves through this thread. 8)

Is it better with the shiny side in, or out?

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:03:27

At 5/24/07 12:00 AM, Maus wrote:
At 5/23/07 11:49 PM, Chumbawamba wrote: I think what's worse is that the Secret Service is using their time to scout out posts
I sincerely doubt that's the case.

Most of this happens because someone else reports it to them. I'd go into more detail, but I need to go put on my tinfoil hat because they are reading my mindwaves through this thread. 8)

You've got one too? I keep mine on at all times.
I haven't have had a haircut, or even bathed in years. I know the barber and the people at the body wash bottling plant are one of Them and They're all out to get me and take my Anal Virginity!

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:03:47

At 5/23/07 11:59 PM, Zerostar wrote: What a pleasant little suppression of the 1st amendment :)

You're not allowed to go up to your neighbor and say 'I'm going to kill you' while waving around a knife. That's not oppression. The secret service has always taken threats against the president very seriously.

The first amendment guarantees that I can say that I think Bush has fucked up this country and that I hate him as a president. It does not give me the right to threaten his well being. It's the same right afforded to any citizen of the United States of America, the right of protection against threats of grievous bodily harm and death.

Where are the civics teachers these days?

>:(

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:06:21

At 5/23/07 11:19 PM, Maus wrote: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/
is_20050418/ai_n14594695
READ THAT ARTICLE BEFORE YOU ARGUE.

I'm not so bad... once you get to know me...

Secret Service - Warning to all!

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:06:46

At 5/24/07 12:03 AM, Maus wrote:
At 5/23/07 11:59 PM, Zerostar wrote: What a pleasant little suppression of the 1st amendment :)
You're not allowed to go up to your neighbor and say 'I'm going to kill you' while waving around a knife. That's not oppression. The secret service has always taken threats against the president very seriously.

>:(

http://www.newgrounds.com/assassin/

If it's in a joking tongue-in-cheek manner, than it's acceptable in my mind. If someone's actually typing up plans on killing the president, then I'd understand.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:08:10

At 5/24/07 12:04 AM, MissAllanPoe wrote: I think the only person we can really blame in this situation is John Wilkes Booth.

HOW DARE YOU MAKE FUN OF SUCH A TRAGEDY.
It's just... too soon for me to make fun of something so horrific. How would you feel if your dad was the president, and he was brutally murdered by some random homosexual mexican immigrant? You sick, sick individual, you :[

You could have joked about a less touchy subject... like the VTech shooting! Now THAT would have been hilarious.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:09:57

At 5/24/07 12:00 AM, Maus wrote:
At 5/23/07 11:49 PM, Chumbawamba wrote: I think what's worse is that the Secret Service is using their time to scout out posts
I sincerely doubt that's the case.

Most of this happens because someone else reports it to them. I'd go into more detail, but I need to go put on my tinfoil hat because they are reading my mindwaves through this thread. 8)

How do you know this? Your head's fine for now, by the way. WHATEVER you do, though, don't mention B_ush. If you must, use B**h, I'll know what you mean. The Secret Service can use Google like pros.

At 5/24/07 12:04 AM, MissAllanPoe wrote: I think the only person we can really blame in this situation is John Wilkes Booth.

Of course. He after all did send that letter to the Lincoln administration saying "i hate you guys sooooooooo much, GET DAMNED". If it weren't for him the Secret Service wouldn't have to take the precautions they do today.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:09:59

At 5/24/07 12:06 AM, Zerostar wrote: If it's in a joking tongue-in-cheek manner, than it's acceptable in my mind. If someone's actually typing up plans on killing the president, then I'd understand.

Feel free to report all the authors that threaten the president.

Any of the celebrities that are portrayed in the games have the right to request that it be removed.

What's your point?

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:13:19

At 5/24/07 12:09 AM, Maus wrote:
At 5/24/07 12:06 AM, Zerostar wrote: If it's in a joking tongue-in-cheek manner, than it's acceptable in my mind. If someone's actually typing up plans on killing the president, then I'd understand.
Feel free to report all the authors that threaten the president.

Any of the celebrities that are portrayed in the games have the right to request that it be removed.

What's your point?

It's not whether or not they can, it's whether or not they really should.

I think you get my point.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:14:53

I've been reading through most of this topic and all I can say is this:

Some of you are just stupid.

Suppression of free speech? Do anyone of you KNOW the First Amendment? The First Amendment grants the right for free speech, but it doesn't grant the right to threaten.

How is this for similarity? If I shouted "FIRE!" in the middle of a crowded theatre or I point at someone and say "Man I really wish I could stick his head on a pike" this isn't free speech. It's legitimate threats and no matter how much you could say you are joking authorities are going to take it seriously. What's worse is that you are wasting their time because they KNOW you are joking, but they have to mess with you anyway because you are being a moron.

My God, some of you need to get a "Baby's First American Government Book" or something just so you can stop pretending you know what the hell you are talking about.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:16:02

At 5/24/07 12:13 AM, Zerostar wrote: It's not whether or not they can, it's whether or not they really should.

Ah. I know it seems petty and trivial. But you KNOW that if some /b/tard actually went and did something like that, then the secret service would get blamed for not 'investigating a threat to the president.'

MEH. At least Wade is warning you guys.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:17:43

At 5/24/07 12:16 AM, Hycran wrote: This is internet, not third grade social studies

Fixed.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:19:09

At 5/24/07 12:16 AM, Maus wrote:
At 5/24/07 12:13 AM, Zerostar wrote: It's not whether or not they can, it's whether or not they really should.

Ah. I know it seems petty and trivial. But you KNOW that if some /b/tard actually went and did something like that, then the secret service would get blamed for not 'investigating a threat to the president.'

MEH. At least Wade is warning you guys.

Yeah, I understand.

But I guess my issue is like in that article you linked to is that the Secret Service doesn't take down any of the art or comments, they just launch an inquiry. But the fear of an inquiry seems to be enough to scare everyone in this thread out of saying anything against the president.

And SirXVII, shut the fuck up wowza.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:19:11

I have a feeling someone has been reporting these users to the Secret Service, as Maus said earlier. If you make a threat, the Secret Service may never see it, but some NG user might, and they may think it's funny to report your to the Secret Service, or they may take your threat seriously, or not appreciate your joke, and report you.

So keep that in mind. If you make a threat, even joking, who knows who will see it and if they will report it. Based on recent events, I wouldn't chance joking around.

Again, the SS may not throw you in jail, but most people don't want the SS coming to investigate them as it could be embarassing, draw negative attention for yourself, etc. As far as account deletions, if a user goes against our warnings and ends up having the SS calling me, or another NG employee, and we have to waste our time dealing with trouble a user started, knowing they shouldn't have, I see no reason not to delete their account.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:20:43

God bless America. We've got a million Muslims in the Middle-East who want George Bush's head on a pike and verbally say so, but GOD FORBID someone on the internet should make a Bush joke.

You must be fuckin' kidding me. The Secret Service can kiss my ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:21:46

Wait, can we threaten to kill the Secret Service?

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:21:54

Calling Secret Service the SS reminds me of the Star Syndicate. Didn't, v0zz, goldencat and cr0m have the Secret Services come to their houses and take their computers taken?

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:22:58

At 5/24/07 12:19 AM, TheStarSyndicate wrote:

For what exactly?

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:23:08

At 5/24/07 12:21 AM, MadCow wrote: Calling Secret Service the SS reminds me of the Star Syndicate. Didn't, v0zz, goldencat and cr0m have the Secret Services come to their houses and take their computers taken?

LMAO YES! It was because they threatened to bomb the president. They went to Chacha.com and asked for instructions on how to build bombs, the president's morning routine, etc.

Well, v0zz didn't. Someone just dropped v0zz's name instead of their own.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:24:47

At 5/24/07 12:23 AM, TheStarSyndicate wrote:
At 5/24/07 12:21 AM, MadCow wrote: Calling Secret Service the SS reminds me of the Star Syndicate. Didn't, v0zz, goldencat and cr0m have the Secret Services come to their houses and take their computers taken?
LMAO YES! It was because they threatened to bomb the president. They went to Chacha.com and asked for instructions on how to build bombs, the president's morning routine, etc.

Lmfao, that's fucking great.
So that's why I haven't seen cr0m around in a while, eh?

Well, v0zz didn't. Someone just dropped v0zz's name instead of their own.

He knew what he was doing when he hijacked that plane >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:24:58

At 5/24/07 12:22 AM, SirXVII wrote:
At 5/24/07 12:19 AM, TheStarSyndicate wrote:

For what exactly?

My point in saying that this is a neat suppression of free speech was a comment on how nobody in this thread seems to have the balls to call Bush an asshole despot anymore. I didn't need your lecture.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:26:03

A week ago Wade made a thread telling us to stand up against censorship, and now this shit gets pulled.

L-to-the-awl.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:26:14

At 5/24/07 12:23 AM, TheStarSyndicate wrote:

Oh wow. That's hilarious. Just pure fucking gold. What a bunch of chumps. (Minus v0zz, if he was innocent).

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:26:17

At 5/23/07 11:17 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
If anyone leaves any smart ass replies to this topic.

That dosen't sound like me.

such as a threat to the President, your account will be terminated.
Ooh. *shakes hands*

When will the chaos end?

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:26:19

Al Gore got more votes, can we threaten him?

Jesusatan

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:27:28

At 5/24/07 12:21 AM, TheStarSyndicate wrote: Wait, can we threaten to kill the Secret Service?

Then you'll have the Super-Duper Secret Service coming to your house.

they have stealth camo too

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:28:10

At 5/24/07 12:26 AM, Serphyas wrote: A week ago Wade made a thread telling us to stand up against censorship, and now this shit gets pulled.

Quit whining and take a moment to actually think about the solid reasons behind this.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:28:22

At 5/24/07 12:27 AM, wwwyzzerdd wrote: Then you'll have the Super-Duper Secret Service coming to your house.
they have stealth camo too

They unlocked the ninja suit? That's pretty hardcore.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 00:28:33

At 5/24/07 12:24 AM, TheStarSyndicate wrote:
My point in saying that this is a neat suppression of free speech was a comment on how nobody in this thread seems to have the balls to call Bush an asshole despot anymore. I didn't need your lecture.

I wasn't lecturing you I was lecturing those who can't tell the difference between true free speech and being a complete moron is.

Besides, if people knew enough about government as it is then they will know it's still all right to criticize the Bush administration.

BBS Signature