00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DunciFlipz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Altered Reality Colab

69,870 Views | 1,732 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-08 10:23:49

I get the error. it closes down my internet explorer, adn fire fox.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-08 11:03:07

Hey guys, is my part in, how close are you guys to completion, I sent my part to that guy....forget his name...I wonder wants happened to it..well in case it's gone I've got backup for both of my parts...

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-08 11:06:48

At 7/8/06 11:03 AM, FlashKid wrote: Hey guys, is my part in, how close are you guys to completion, I sent my part to that guy....forget his name...I wonder wants happened to it..well in case it's gone I've got backup for both of my parts...

http://moglytom.com/../alteredreality.html

Thats the movie so far. We're gettign a problem where it crashes on Dusty's part.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-08 11:14:23

At 7/8/06 11:06 AM, -Mogly- wrote:
At 7/8/06 11:03 AM, FlashKid wrote: Hey guys, is my part in, how close are you guys to completion, I sent my part to that guy....forget his name...I wonder wants happened to it..well in case it's gone I've got backup for both of my parts...

Thats the movie so far. We're gettign a problem where it crashes on Dusty's part.

Yeah it's because of that stupid script that makes everything go negative, it's too much for flash or something, if you take it out everything will be fine.

BTW I can't beleive how far it's gotten since I was here last (4 months ago) thats increadible it's still going and another thing is it's so close to the finish.
I'm extactic! I'm glad to see my parts are in and in good order, looking good everyone!

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-08 11:31:17

(Detective FlashKid)

So yes, about the freazing up thing, if you look closely theres a script, I remmber rusty telling us about it saying that it makes the image go negative, well, at the exact point of where it freezes up just so happens to be exactly where the negative flash is... although it freezes up before the nagative flash occours I still remmebered thats where it was from past previews he showed us. Therefore I conclude if you simply delete this particular script all will be fine and dandy. If someone would kindly look back to prove my theory correct, I would be greatly appreciative.

-Inspecter Flashkid (or was it detective...I forget)

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-08 11:33:24

I think the code was removed Fishkid, and I think there was just a negative made in PS to substitute it. YOUR THEORY IS WRONG

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-08 11:42:54

At 7/8/06 11:33 AM, -Mogly- wrote: I think the code was removed Fishkid, and I think there was just a negative made in PS to substitute it. YOUR THEORY IS WRONG

NOO!!! Then why my friend does it freeze on that exact spot where the script supposedly was removed? Sounds a bit fishy to me... *sniff sniff* Mmmm mogly is my prime suspect...

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-08 11:50:36

At 7/8/06 11:42 AM, FlashKid wrote:
At 7/8/06 11:33 AM, -Mogly- wrote: I think the code was removed Fishkid, and I think there was just a negative made in PS to substitute it. YOUR THEORY IS WRONG
NOO!!! Then why my friend does it freeze on that exact spot where the script supposedly was removed? Sounds a bit fishy to me... *sniff sniff* Mmmm mogly is my prime suspect...

Wow, just wanna point out my subliminal message skill, I called you 'FishKid' to see if you would notice, and then you said 'fishy' in your post, did you notice I called you fishkid?

And maybe it is something to do with part of the code being left in? Who knows? Maybe baby Surely Shirley

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-08 11:59:53

At 7/8/06 11:50 AM, -Mogly- wrote:
At 7/8/06 11:42 AM, FlashKid wrote:
Wow, just wanna point out my subliminal message skill, I called you 'FishKid' to see if you would notice, and then you said 'fishy' in your post, did you notice I called you fishkid?

And maybe it is something to do with part of the code being left in? Who knows? Maybe baby Surely Shirley

WHY don't you just go look? Maybe you'll find some evidence to who really was trying to sabotage the efforts of this flash crew. Oh wait, you don't have the eferlay (fla)

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-08 13:26:43

haha
Flashkid, I thought you left for good or something. Hmm.. anyway, yeah my negative script was removed, and replaced by a photoshop image or something, I dunno, Starogre did it. The part actually freezes after the negative flash anyway, when the robot casts his shadow on the guy... so I don't believe it would be a script problem, unless like mogly said, there is still a stray piece of code lying around somewhere? Anyway your parts are both in and work fine, but we couldn't use the filler that you made because the .fla was super glitchy. I even tried decompiling the .swf file, and it still fucked up flash anyway. So the .swf is just in the extras>unused menu.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-11 16:23:30

How is it coming along?

Oh yeah (shameless plug time) please check out my tutorial

http://www.newground..m/portal/view/324138

and private message me with your thoughts or review it.

Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-15 15:41:21

ok im on my psp so i cant type very well, (so ill make this quick...). ill be back tomorrow.

there...thats my message :) im too lazy to type any more...

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-15 16:52:26

At 7/15/06 03:41 PM, Starogre wrote: ok im on my psp so i cant type very well, (so ill make this quick...). ill be back tomorrow.

I almost forgot about this.. haha.

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-15 22:49:15

At 7/8/06 11:06 AM, -Mogly- wrote:

its pretty sweet, except why is my part in the wrong place, the bumping of the elevator was in synch with the music.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-16 11:19:34

Sigh...Sorry dusty, but whenever I take out your whole part it works, but when i copy the exact file you sent, it freezes. It even freezes even if I take out just the shadow part. I don't know what to do at this point. It's up to you guys what you want to do.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-16 11:41:58

have you tryed importing the swf for his part and clipping it in?

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-16 14:22:22

What do you mean? I already tried taking his whole part in and putting dusty's fla's exported swf back in.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-16 15:06:13

You could try pasting it in layer by layer, until it starts freezing again.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-16 16:42:07

Hey guys, sorry to be a little off topic but... LogoPresents used our song in "Toof 5"!! Oh well.. just letting you guys know, eventhough it doesn't really matter now.

Toof 5

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-16 18:56:19

I'll enter. Hopefully this'll give me a start for flash.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-16 18:58:50

Er, nevermind, I thought the post date said 06, sorry.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-16 19:24:05

At 7/16/06 04:42 PM, RAWRoutLOWD wrote: Hey guys, sorry to be a little off topic but... LogoPresents used our song in "Toof 5"!! Oh well.. just letting you guys know, eventhough it doesn't really matter now.

Toof 5

Those tooth movies are SO BAD. WAY overrated and just plain stupid and pointless. Deserves about a 3.35 or so....

Anyways...There are a few other submissions that used the song...Just look at the song file on helix's music page. It says like [Used in 4 submissions] or whatever...

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-17 12:46:21

Ya uhh...Because of Bigarmybug's genius brain, he suggested that I take out dusty's cloudy background embedded gif video thing. And...now it doesn't freeze! All I need now is for dusty to give me a replacement background and other error stuff in the menu for me to fix up. This thing is well on its way to the portal, but only if dusty finishes his job! lol... once again...

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-17 13:05:20

Wicked :D

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-17 23:02:29

Ok .Now this collab is so close I can taste it..
And its prtty damn sweet.

C'mon Dusty!!

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-17 23:10:07

At 7/16/06 04:42 PM, RAWRoutLOWD wrote: Hey guys, sorry to be a little off topic but... LogoPresents used our song in "Toof 5"!! Oh well.. just letting you guys know, eventhough it doesn't really matter now.

Toof 5

wow thats over rated, does anyone agree?

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-17 23:57:39

At 7/17/06 11:10 PM, Kialom_box wrote:
Toof 5
wow thats over rated, does anyone agree?

Yip, they all are.

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-18 10:56:05

I don't know why the other post didn't work but...

Please send me dusty's part fla. I'll work on getting it going tonight.

submit@jacksmack.com

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-18 12:53:29

I'd suggest you read the other posts before posting...I already fixed it, thanks anyways...

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-18 22:31:39

At 7/18/06 12:53 PM, Starogre wrote: I'd suggest you read the other posts before posting...I already fixed it, thanks anyways...

well... meh... Phooy and pitoy... Good to know it's fixed. sorry didn't know it was resolved.

BBS Signature