00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PancracioChoco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Altered Reality Colab

69,876 Views | 1,732 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-20 17:44:03

Ok, there's some good news and some bad news.

I'll tell you the good news now so the bad news doesn't seem too bad.

Good news - the collab is finally being put together since you can all see that booga has finished his second part! Yay! It looks great so far, but I'm still copying frames in.

Bad news :/ - the collab is being put together, however it can't be put in widescreen format with black bars on the top and bottom. I forgot that since when you make the movie size bigger, it aligns everything in the upper left. So.........this means I can't put all the animation in the middle. However, if I put everything in a movie clip and align it, it should work right? Nope. Because a lot of the parts are using cameras and get messed up when put in MC's. Jack didn't lay this out very well, so ya. It won't work right.

There is hope however. If we just make everything transparent (movie controls and author names) it should look fine.

THE COLLAB'S END HAS FINALLY BEGUN! ------------------------------------------
------------------

woopdeedoo!

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-20 19:00:09

ANOTHER NEWS FLASH! ------------------------------------------
-----------

WE NEED 10 (TEN) SECONDS OF FILLER FOR PART 14!

You don't need the music to do it, just animate a couple seconds and I will be eternally grateful! (no, not really...)

I CANT ASSEMBLE IT ANY FURTHER UNTIL I GET ALL THE FILLER PARTS.

So far I have astropuff's 60 or so frames, and Rawr's 60 or so frames. I still need exactly 10 seconds more. I did have flashkid's filler, but it said it was an invalid file type for all three versions of flash I have installed on this computer (mx, mx 04, and 8), and I haven't heard much from him so i'm assuming he's not really gonna send it.

But if you want to animate a good 2 seconds of animation that'd be great, so i can continue working on the assembly. Thanks!

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-20 19:07:45

2 secs?
ok i'm workin on it.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-20 19:12:32

Cool! Thanks! It doesn't have to be 2 seconds, but leave room for at least 2-3 parts for the ten seconds worth of animation. The last person to do their part (filler) has to wait till everyone else is done, so I can give them the exact amount of frames/seconds (at 24 fps). So...start fillering!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-20 19:25:29

Hmm... some kinda update that measures out in miles.. what makes you think you're special when you smile?

Anyway, heres an idea. Everybody seems to now have a website or whatever, so if people would like ot have a logo in the credits, send it my way, either to my NG inbox (in profile) or my personal email.. I have Flash 8, so don't worry about ahead file types.

Here is an example of how the names will display in the credits. Keep in mind this is crappy paint .jpeg, so just get the general idea rather than taking it as it is.

Altered Reality Colab

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-20 21:03:35

Are the logo's small? You can just use my affiliate banner. I think you have it...

FILLER FILLER FILLER

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-21 00:12:12

Do mine too! You can crop it or do whatever you want, as long as you keep the main logo intact.

Altered Reality Colab

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-21 00:40:03

oo0o me too!
I'll give u mine soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-21 15:09:02

Everyone either email them or NG-Pm me them. FLA format too please :D

Dusty do you have the list of peeps in it too?

And everyone, if there is a different name you'd like to go by in the credits, then tell me so. Also the name of the website/link you'd like your image to go to.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-21 15:37:56

At 6/21/06 03:09 PM, -Mogly- wrote: Everyone either email them or NG-Pm me them. FLA format too please :D

Dusty do you have the list of peeps in it too?

And everyone, if there is a different name you'd like to go by in the credits, then tell me so. Also the name of the website/link you'd like your image to go to.

I typed up the full list of credits last night. I'll e-mail you the text file along with a picture you can use for my name in the credits.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-21 16:01:55

P.S.- I found Flashkid's filler part and decompiled it, and have sent it to starogre. But he still needs some more filler I believe, so Tystarr and anyone else is welcomed to send some in! The menu is coming VERY CLOSE to being completed.

*** If anybody has (or knows of) a reliable host that could be used to upload some of the extra content (It's not possible to shove it all into the menu file, especially for file size reasons), then please by all means contact me, via either my E-Mail or the new PM system. If you have an FTP account available, that would be great, and make the process much easier. Thanks.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-21 16:20:18

DUDES ITS TO CLOSE I CAN TASTE IT! its funny this was the very first flash project i started working on, like a year ago, now its finally almost done STOKEDD!

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-22 08:21:01

At 6/21/06 04:20 PM, RANTish wrote: DUDES ITS TO CLOSE I CAN TASTE IT! its funny this was the very first flash project i started working on, like a year ago, now its finally almost done STOKEDD!

dito.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-22 14:27:50

ok i'm done with my 3 sec filler. I'll send it to u in a sec.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-22 17:07:19

Ok heres my logo.
http://img484.images..88/tripleedge7cj.jpg

Just shrink it to whatever size you need it to be.
or you can just use this pic
Smaller Logo
It should link to www.TripleEdgeEnt.com

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-22 22:37:08

1. I need five more exact seconds of filler. Any takers for a 2 or 3 second part?

2. Then I will finish the assembly once I have those.

3. Once I finish the assembly, I'll send mogly short clips of each part so that he can use them in the credits.

4. And I will sometime send a logo in. How big preferably?

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-23 16:53:27

Ok, still need exactly 5 seconds of filler.

Also, working on my logo right now.

Aaaand I could host the content if needed. I have plenty of space :D

<3 inglor

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-23 19:51:18

Inglor pwnz.

By the way people, flashkid's filler part must have like, a virus in it or something, because it STILL won't work. Oh well, off it goes to the extras section! Now someone please offer to do filler, I would do some if I didn't have the menu to work on.

P.S. Sorry to anyone who thinks I'm sounding like I'm in charge of the collab or something, I'm not trying to command anyone, I just want to be as helpful as I can and for everything to get done to make the collab a worthwhile experience. Feel free to slap me if you want.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-24 11:19:35

I would do some filler too, but my draw pad thing is not working and I don't know why, so the animation would sorta...uhh...ya you get the point.

Anyway, done with my logo...don't know whether it's supposed to fill the whole screen or not, if not, mogly tell me what size you want it and I'll resize and reshape some stuff.

http://img220.images..=starogrelogo6ic.swf

Imageshack made it a little too big, but try and imagine it smaller...

Do some filler do some filler do some filler do some filler do some filler do some filler do some filler do some filler do some filler do some filler do some filler do some filler do some filler do some filler do some filler do some filler do some filler do some filler PLEASE!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-24 16:08:43

Ok, rantish said he's doing a 3 second filler part. Any takers on the 2 second one?

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-25 16:57:16

At 6/24/06 04:08 PM, Starogre wrote: Ok, rantish said he's doing a 3 second filler part. Any takers on the 2 second one?

I already have the 2second filler part covered if anyone was wondering.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-25 17:31:33

At 6/24/06 04:08 PM, Starogre wrote: Ok, rantish said he's doing a 3 second filler part. Any takers on the 2 second one?

im workin on it itl b dunn some time 2marrow.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-26 13:45:23

Alright, I got RAWR's, I just need RANTish's. Then I can assemble the rest :)

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-26 16:01:50

i finished i just need ur email.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-26 16:16:19

At 6/26/06 04:01 PM, RANTish wrote: i finished i just need ur email.

this is his email starogre@starogre.com

Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-26 17:01:41

THE COLLAB MOVIE PORTION IS ASSEMBLED WOOHOO! ALL THE PARTS ARE IN!

HOWEVER

The movie is off alignment on the song, and I knew this would happen. When the parts were cut, they may have been at a different quality than the original song, so the music is now off a bit. It will take me a bit, but I can fix it. I knew this would happen because when I lined up the song with all the parts in a seperate flash file, they aligned differently.

What I noticed, was that my song part played at the end of my animation and the first 3/4 of dusty's (his part is right after mine), so the animation was ahead of the song. Then, at the end, when the robot blew up at the end of neeko's animation, there was still music playing for a few more seconds. I don't know why, but the animation is off with the music at the moment.

Like I said, don't worry right now, because I haven't begun trying to fix it yet, but I think I can.

STILL WAITING ON:

Preloader
Menu
Credits

Mogly don't worry about the credits just yet. Before I send clips over I need to finish the assembly. At the moment you can just start on doing the credits (if you haven't already, if you have, continue please :D ), and just wait on the clips and put those in later.

Dusty. You know what to do. :)

Good luck! This thing is closer than ever to being done!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-26 19:37:56

At 6/26/06 05:01 PM, Starogre wrote: Good luck! This thing is closer than ever to being done!

Swweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!~!

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-26 20:40:36

yes!!! Finally!!!!!!! OMG We're almost there!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-26 22:56:00

I fixed everything except one thing.

Each part runs like 2 frames over, so I'm gonna have to shave off 2 frames of each part. I will make it look the best possible to line up the music with the animation and sync it perfectly. Don't worry, I've done this before! I already had to take about ten frames off jack's part cuz he animated waaayyyyy over :P. It doesn't look any different from before.

Not to toot my own horn, but I'd say you're in good hands! DONT WORRY ITS TWO FRAMES CAN I STRESS IT MORE!?

Cuz by the end of the song, the animation is 50 frames longer than it should be. I am aiming to put the real song in instead of each part, because each part sounds horrible when put in succession.

STILL WAITING ON:

*forgot this one - The names of each person to go in the corner during the movie (Rawr :P i believed you volunteered?)
Preloader
Menu
Credits

Again, good luck to all!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-27 14:03:49

TWO Big problems encountered after putting in all the parts and syncing them perfectly with the song. It's taken me like three hours to get it all perfect, but I still have two things wrong.

1. Mogly, your camera isn't working. I copied your stuff exactly into the movie, and it appears you have the same camera as everyone else almost, but yours is the only one not working.

2. MC Booga's part is messed up big time. (The one with all the different robots). He used some effect for the light on the robot's eye (the third robot seen), and it appears wierd. In flash, it looks fine, but when exported (using flash player 8), the light is offset. I have no idea why. Here is a picture to show you what i mean.

http://img171.images..ogalighterror1cg.png

I took a screenshot of both, so it is pretty accurate to what i saw.

Also. There is another big 'problem'. Not including 2 seconds of filler I need to put in (because i miscounted the amount we needed cuz of flashkid's part not working), the menu, or preloader, or credits, the .swf file size of the MOVIE portion...is...

A WHOPPING 11 MB! YES THAT IS ALOT! Don't know what to do yet, but it's because of all the masked texturing and imported images used in the flash movies. The filesize can be decreased a bit by decreasing the quality of the song a bit, but I'm not going to do that yet. First I need to do filler, fix mogly's camera, and fix mc booga's part.

Anyone got any ideas? (For all those problems :P )

BBS Signature