00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

meatbeast12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Altered Reality Colab

69,621 Views | 1,732 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-21 12:30:57

At 7/21/06 08:52 AM, Starogre wrote: Well so far the reviews are good but most people think there are too many mediocre parts and/or no plot involved. That's something to think about if any of you make any collabs.

There was an interconnected plot but almost everyone deviated from it. Turning into a "random" parts collab.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-21 12:44:23

That was a wicked sweet collab guys, great job! It wouldn't have hurt to optimize it a little more, 9Mb is pretty hefty, but nonetheless, fantastic :D

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-21 12:55:09

Grats. Most of the parts are impressive.... there are a few parts nit that nice

- the orange robot, and the guy jumping on missiles....

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-21 12:58:30

At 7/21/06 12:44 PM, MLproductions wrote: That was a wicked sweet collab guys, great job! It wouldn't have hurt to optimize it a little more, 9Mb is pretty hefty, but nonetheless, fantastic :D

It's cool that you know what optimization is because we all do too, so you're not the only one that does. We did optimize it as much as possible without making the quality sink too far, and more optimization would hurt it badly. We did as much as possible to lower the filesize from 13 mb, so don't get too sad that you had to wait an extra ten seconds for load time.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-21 14:41:26

Great job guys, I liked all the submissions.
I hope the Four Second Frenzy collab Im in does as well as yours did.
I voted teh 5zorz!

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-21 18:20:53

At 7/21/06 12:55 PM, Genesis_Sum wrote: Grats. Most of the parts are impressive.... there are a few parts nit that nice

Ouch..I guess every1 is entitled to their opinions..but ouch.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-21 22:21:28

At 7/21/06 12:55 PM, Genesis_Sum wrote: Grats. Most of the parts are impressive.... there are a few parts nit that nice

I like your part!

oh wait nevermind...

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-21 22:28:24

At 7/21/06 06:20 PM, Tystarr wrote:

Ouch..I guess every1 is entitled to their opinions..but ouch.

It's not that it's not nice. It's nice, but the mecha design is pretty much.... Erm.... Screwed up.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-21 23:09:16

Who wants to do a sequel?

:P

Dibs on starting it... which will more than likely be never.

Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-21 23:53:17

At 7/21/06 11:09 PM, JackSmack wrote: Who wants to do a sequel?

P
Dibs on starting it... which will more than likely be never.

I'm not interested in a sequel. I thought that this was overall, kind of unorganized and it took a bit too long for my tastes. I must admit, it turned out wonderful, but I think the whole experience was a bit too stressful. Good luck with it though, if it ever does start. If you guys are able to set a group up where everyone is guaranteed not to drop out, contact me and I would love to join!

But there was a lot that I got out of this collab. I personally thought the animatic idea was great. It showed what the animator's focus was as well as showed some of the animator's skill level. I also learned that I can improve so much within a year. Though I still kind of regret my first entry, it shows how much I can learn in the course of a couple of months.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-22 08:35:52

To make a good collaboration, you'll have to do it like Luis's.

Storyboard the whole thing yourself, and hire people on to do certain parts. Each part though, has to have something different going on, so that change of style makes sense.

Also, you're gonna have to set a limit on imported textures and such. And on a side note, to show each person what part to do, don't cut up the song. Just give them the whole song and tell them what frames to do so that putting them in is really really easy.

I guess that's my guide on making a good collab (OBEY ME!). Go for it.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-22 08:37:40

Oh and also, to prevent people from dropping, hire someone that you know will do a part, but make the parts longer, and only have like 7-8 people in the whole thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-22 08:39:28

Gah omg, sorry for triple post...

Actually change the 7-8 to 5 or lower. This way, everyone will be happier, because they don't have to animate the whole thing and they all get coauthor.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-22 20:29:46

Jack i'm interested if you're doing a storyboarded, collab with a plot, but ill be gone for the next week in florida. See ya guys till then.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-22 21:08:56

A sequal? We want some of that! Yeah me and Will would love to do a collab with you guys. By the way, Jacksmack, I thought it was funny how you used the robot from your tutorial and put it in the altered reality collab = D

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-23 00:51:32

At 7/22/06 09:08 PM, WAAANIMATION wrote: A sequal? We want some of that! Yeah me and Will would love to do a collab with you guys. By the way, Jacksmack, I thought it was funny how you used the robot from your tutorial and put it in the altered reality collab = D

Actually it was the other way around. I used the robot from alt real in the tutorial... but the tutorial was released first.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-24 11:22:35

I'm thinking about starting another collab but this time it would have to be alot less people. And I would be doing a storyboard for it.

I think I will change up the idea of a collab as well. Possibly having the artists all make a character in the movie or something.

I will have to toss around the ideas.

Anywho don't look for it to start for a few months.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-24 13:47:33

OOh... less people.. sounds so exclusive. Heh, I would definitely join if you figure out a way to make this thing, more organized, and I like the idea of having the whole thing storyboarded. I don't really understand what you mean by each person making a character. Sounds kinda iffy, like just a jumble of random characters in different styles in a single scene, i dunno, just doesn't sound like it would work too well.

Anywho, once you do get this thing up and running, contact me! Hopefully, I won't be occupied with some other project.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-24 13:57:00

At 7/24/06 01:47 PM, RAWRoutLOWD wrote: OOh... less people.. sounds so exclusive. Heh, I would definitely join if you figure out a way to make this thing, more organized, and I like the idea of having the whole thing storyboarded.

Anywho, once you do get this thing up and running, contact me! Hopefully, I won't be occupied with some other project.

Ditto
It would be cool to be in the next one, Just contact me whenever you decide to do what you want to do.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-25 20:23:11

woo, I'm back and I see that Altered Reality was (in my opinion) a success!

It was nice working with everyone. I am with RAWR on all the stuff he said about his experience in the collab. I wanted to go back and redo most of my part, mostly because I made it a year ago, before I even had Flash 8. I just got done reading through the 100+ reviews, and I can't believe how many mixed opinions we recieved. I liked it, though. Interesting stuff. I reccomend to anyone to read through them all when you get the time. Anyway this collab has been both stressful and fun at the same time. I'm up for working with anyone on a future project if they're interested.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-26 01:28:05

At 7/25/06 08:23 PM, dusty_h wrote:

I'm up for working with anyone on a future project if they're interested.

Tell me more...I'm still intrested in doing the altered reality collab, if we are doing it...

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-27 22:59:16

Ya, i'm interested as well... My pr0tfolio: www.starogre.com :)

in case you were wondering - yes, disney world was fun. not too many awesome roller coasters though, but the ones there were thrilling enough to count as rollercoasters...

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-28 01:59:33

Wow, nice work Starogre. Cool site. I f you want to see an unfinished example of my work, go to page 11 of the stand up comedy collab thread.