00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ZombieGhost just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Altered Reality Colab

69,879 Views | 1,732 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-19 17:07:06

Just to keep everything up-to-date, I finished that list of errors like yesterday or something, and Starogre is workin on it and stuff, so.. once he finishes that, he'll probably release a beta or something and then submission will engage... but I am leaving tonight until like saturday, so.. I'm unavailable till then.

I am proposing something interesting.. since we are practically done by tomorrow sometime, and it would end up being submitted either tomorrow or the next.. why don't we just wait an extra week and submit on the one-year anniversary? It's the 29th of this month (pretty much a week after it's finally finished)! Might as well wait, I think. Just for the heck of it. Unless no one is willing to wait that long. Any objections..?

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-19 18:30:28

I don't think there's any point to submitting it on the anniversary. I think after everything is fine and dandy, we should just submit. I don't think anyone will like the movie any more or less than they would if it hadn't been on the anniversary. Besides, we don't have anything that is very commemerative of this anniversary, so all they would see different is the text in the author's comments as: "we started this collab 1 year ago" rather than "we started this collab around a year ago".

Sorry, I just don't see any point to it... besides the fact that it was "cool" that it took us exactly a year to finish this collab.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-19 19:22:56

Hey guys can I join?

I kid, I don't care when it's done, just lets get this done.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-19 20:11:39

..I cant believe I was 15 when I signed on to this.
We need to get this in the portal asap. Its bad enough it took us a year, lets not wait another uneccesary week.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-19 20:39:53

At 7/29/05 12:32 AM, JackSmack wrote:

:Collab idea

I must say, it sounds really interesting. If i had flash, i would defiantly ask to take part. The music also sounds really good.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-19 20:53:03

haha...no one is reading the over 100 pages of posts... The COLLAB IS FULL and ONE or TWO STEPS FROM COMPLETE SORRY... BUT WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING NEW ENTRIES.

Not like anyone will read this though... :P

Anywho.. I was kinda hoping to see a beta test when I logged on.

Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-19 21:02:58

http://moglytom.com/../alteredreality.html

One was posted last week. Might crash at dusty's part

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 12:21:00

Sorry guys that it's taking a long time to finish the errors. Flash freezes so much it takes ten minutes to fix one little actionscript error.

I will try and do it as fast as possible, but once flash starts freezing, i have to close it out for awhile and come back to it later on.

It's moving forward though I can assure you that.

And I agree with RAWR. The sooner it is submitted the better. All it's doing out of the portal is taking our time away. I don't know about all of you but I have been pretty busy lately and during this summer, so ya, I think the sooner we submit the whole thing, the less is taken off our shoulders. And saying it takes a year to finish only lowers our score cuz everyone will be like: 'wow it took u that long to make that? it usually only takes a few months'...So...that will be anything but embarassing.

I'll get back to you once the beta is complete.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 14:34:05

HOPEFULLY THE LAST OF THE BETA FILES!

http://www.starogre...edRealityCollab.html

PLEASE: Help check for errors! If you don't see any, say so. If you do, say so.

This can be submitted within the next day, two or three or whatever!

Have fun and enjoy.

My plan is either tomorrow (Friday) or the next (Saturday) at 8 o'clock PM US Eastern time, so watch for it in the portal if you're not around for the next day or so. If it's not there we have another huge problem, but hopefully not...

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 14:37:45

Oh I forgot to say - To beta test well, please go through a lot of random buttons and links throughout the extras menu (scene selection sketches, animatics, unused parts, etc) and throughout the bios menu (buttons and NG profile links etc). Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 14:56:23

Oh and by the way, there is always a chance I can submit tonight at 8pm if there are other low scoring submissions out there. It will raise our chance of getting daily first, so if that's the case, please speak now if you have a serious problem with it being submitted on this date.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 15:00:16

Works fine for me, things I want changing though:

- The font on the extras etc bit really bothers me.
- Loader could be nicer, although good enough so no worries
- Font on the credits? I think it could be something a little nicer looking as above it's nothing bad though.

Any people have problems with anything? I really really don't like BigArmyBug's part. I hate the way the collab just suddenly shifts to being some strange anime rabbit thing, when everyone has pretty much kept in theme.

I also don't like the way some of the collab doesn't flow so well together. Like for example if you look at the end of flashkid's part to the start of my part they flow well, and then also after my part onto the next persons (sorry forgot who, been so damn long!)

Meh, well anyway, it really is looking quite great, submitting tonight would be fine with me, I would like these things addressed though.

Altered Reality Colab

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 15:28:53

Lets not get too hasty now..I like BigArmyBug's part. It keeps the collab fresh and changing.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 15:38:46

No crashing at dusty's part for me, all smooth

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 16:02:20

REGARDING ADDING THINGS TO THE MOVIE:

I am officially cutting off the due date of all bios/logos stuff to add into the movie. What is in there will stay, unless there is a drastic change. There have been no drastic errors either so this is good.

I need to emphasize even more how hard it is to work in the .fla file. It freezes after every two to three little things you do, such as entering a movie clip, or adding a frame. And it freezes for two minutes.

I don't think i can make it any more clear how much extra work is required for one little thing, but if there is a drastic change with something that most people want I can't make time for it, because it takes about the same amount of time to do one little thing and one big thing.

Alright. I will most likely be submitting tonight at 8 pm unless there is a RL conflict.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 16:10:20

I think Mogly was a bit harsh. I don't think we can make such drastic changes at this point and I personally like BigArmyBug's part for the reason that Mogly doesn't like it. It's different and unique, I don't think people would like to watch 5 mins. of repetitive scenes.

Also, Mogly said that the parts weren't well connected but they actually were really flowing besides a few scenes.
For example:
Neeko -> MC Booga (Runs out to the right)
MC Booga -> MC Booga (Runs to city)
MC Booga -> Flashkid (Flies into warehouse)
Flashkid -> Mogly (Falls down)
Astropuff -> Jacksmack (Runs out to the right)
Shifty -> Neeko (Surrenders)

Onto the bugs: (or lack of)

There was only a couple things that bugged me (no pun intended). First was the speed of the menu, it seemed really laggy on my computer. I feel that the blur on booga's background is unnecessary and it would look fine without it. Another thing I didn't like was the fact that the links in the extras section open up to .swf's rathter than .html's. I think it's awkward to have the movies open up fullscreen on your monitor. I realize that that would take a long time to change, I'm sure that some people don't mind, but its just a little annoying. Another little thing was that by the end of the movie, the parts go slightly out of sync. It personally does not bother me at all, and I don't think anyone watching will notice, but I recall Rantish being annoyed by it in an earlier comment. Another thing that bothered me was that there is no menu button while the movie is playing. I realize that we tried to resolve this problem earlier and we couldn't. The reason I find it annoying is because when a viewer wants to go to scene select and just wants to watch a certain part, they don't have the choice to go back to the menu, rather have to sit through the whole rest of the movie. And finally, i noticed a white pause right before the credits. I'm not sure if that was on purpose, but I just wanted to point that out.

Most of these problems, are very difficult to fix as of now, and i would rather leave them and submit it as soon as we can. The problems would take at least a week in its own to resolve. Besides those little annoyances, I found the movie absolutely amazing!!

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 18:07:40

Ok so as far as errors...

In the movie it self BigArmyBug's name is not in his piece. more than likely a layer problem or something simple like that.

Other problems... I don't really see any. and bigarmybug's style is pretty much his own and no one can mistake it.

I think it looks great as is.

Should be fine to post it as is...

THOUGH... I would be sure to put in the short description something about all the extra features. so people take a look at them, or even have it go to the extras menu after the movie instead of back to the very beginning.

no biggy though.

great job everyone...

And I know there will be an outcry for this to become a series. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 18:21:05

At 7/20/06 04:10 PM, RAWRoutLOWD wrote:s.

Also, Mogly said that the parts weren't well connected

Did I? I meant most of them where, I was backing up why I didn't like Bigarmybugs part.

STAROGRE, GO GOD-DAMN SUBMIT!!

I wanna see it in the portal already :P

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 19:15:02

I'm pretty sure that BigArmyBug's name isn't there on purpose. I remember Starogre telling me that BigArmyBug didn't want it there.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 20:07:06

Since I shouldn't advertise on the BBS -

http://www.newground..m/portal/view/326282

VOTE (the number you think is most respectable for this submission)! You know what to vote ;)

ITS SUBMITTED GO CRAZY!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 20:13:00

Amazing you guys, congrats to all the authors. Loved how it turned out :).

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 20:27:30

Wahey, good job everyone. Nice to see it finally out, and now it's got me thinking "Why didnt we wait those damn ten extra days or so and submit on the anniversary" :D

Anyway.

If this does so well and get's the monthly vote thing, whats the plan?

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 20:38:10

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Split the cash even I guess. I don't even know what the side prizes are.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-20 23:56:45

Personally I think that would be a great problem to have.

If we won though I would think the best thing to do is to donate the prizes to charity.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-21 00:23:28

man, daily feature already! sweeet!

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-21 00:57:21

I know it won't last but the score is good enough to be in the top 10 on newgrounds right now...

Altered Reality Colab

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-21 08:52:43

Well so far the reviews are good but most people think there are too many mediocre parts and/or no plot involved. That's something to think about if any of you make any collabs.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-21 10:45:15

Congrats on Daily First! :-)

:U

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-21 10:54:44

It's official! Front page!

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-21 11:07:52

At 7/21/06 10:45 AM, Masterswordman wrote: Congrats on Daily First! :-)

Thanks!

Its also in the robots section. Now we wait to see if we get a weekly/monthly award (>_> maybe...) and to see if we also get into the NG collabs section also.

BBS Signature