00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Slumzy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Altered Reality Colab

69,875 Views | 1,732 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-29 14:19:29

Can you make sure that my name is RAWRoutLOWD rather than RAWR_Designs? Thanks

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-29 19:52:05

Hey what about these credits? I really like them.

http://img186.images..image=credits9nh.swf

Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-29 19:54:19

At 6/29/06 02:19 PM, RAWRoutLOWD wrote: Can you make sure that my name is RAWRoutLOWD rather than RAWR_Designs? Thanks

Sure thing!

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-29 20:06:13

Wow..thats kool.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-29 20:14:41

At 6/29/06 07:52 PM, JackSmack wrote: Hey what about these credits? I really like them.

Wow those are cool! I like how the names come in.
We're almost done, FINALLY!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-29 21:29:02

At 6/29/06 07:52 PM, JackSmack wrote: Hey what about these credits? I really like them.

those are some bad mother fucken ass credits dude.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-29 22:37:31

holy crap those credits are sexy! This is great, we're so close now..

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-01 12:47:30

Menu Preview
Practically done. Ignore the weird size that imageshack made it, and also ignore the shitty preloader, I am redoing it completely. I need to finish a couple bios, get all of the extra content added and linked up, as well as the scene selection (starogre is helping with that), redo the preloader, and fix up some coloring to make things easier to read. I'm very busy from today through tuesday, but I will try to get it all done with whatever time I have on the computer (I also have this damn NG sketchbook page to finish.. gah I'm screwed). Criticism is welcomed.

x_x

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-01 14:00:06

The menu is pretty nice but I think some of the graphics are a bit too grainy. Especially for the "extras" section, it seems like you took some of the symbols of the menu animation and just resized them. Since I made the menu animation, it wouldn't be hard to make you some customized graphics for each section. I can give you the .png's and you can animate them.

Although, I don't mind it that much, so if people like the menu just the way it is, it's fine with me. Also, I think there should be a section in "about" showing the viewer what scene they did. But then again, I guess you have "scene selection" for that. Just a few suggestions..

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-01 14:15:45

Arg thats such a bitch. Jacksmacks credits are probably better than the ones i have.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-01 18:15:40

Can you cut down the special effects on the menu? It's lagging on my PC, and I have a dual-core 2ghz AMD X2 with a decent PCI-E graphics card!

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-01 19:16:53

At 7/1/06 06:15 PM, MC_Booga wrote: Can you cut down the special effects on the menu? It's lagging on my PC, and I have a dual-core 2ghz AMD X2 with a decent PCI-E graphics card!

Whoa.

Ya dusty, might not wanna worry about all the fancy looking stuff. Simple menu's can look good too!

SWEET CREDITS JACK! ; ) Credits are in by the way.

WE ARE ALL WAITING ON DUSTY TO FINISH THE MENU! EVERYONE YELL AND SCREAM AT HIM TO FINISH! RAWR!

(pun towards rawroutlowd)

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-01 19:45:51

At 7/1/06 06:15 PM, MC_Booga wrote: Can you cut down the special effects on the menu? It's lagging on my PC, and I have a dual-core 2ghz AMD X2 with a decent PCI-E graphics card!

Its slowin my whole comp down too..

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-01 20:00:01

At 7/1/06 07:45 PM, Tystarr wrote:
Its slowin my whole comp down too..

It could always be imageshack. Imageshack also makes the swf width and height bigger and so the pictures and movements are larger which could also be the case. Dusty can finish up the menu and when we put it in the whole collaboration, I can host it on my site and show everyone so you can 'beta test' it. At that point we can fix any errors with how it runs online, at it's normal width and height.

Also, dusty, you should put a quality button somewhere in the menu, to change quality. That should help, (if you didn't already, can't remember).

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-01 20:43:38

Dusty has something really wrong with his part.

I think the inverted colors flash things have to be taken out, or at least the second one. It keeps freezing flash (when the credits and everything are all assembled). Whenever it happens a different error occurs, whether an addon on flash player doesnt work, or flash can't divide by zero or something. It probably has something to do with the math dusty put into that frame.

I'll try cutting the frame out and testing it, but they may need to be removed. Just warning you, dusty. Still have to test more. It's happened in both flash player AND IE.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-01 21:37:54

Ok, flash crashes whenever it sees the invert color code. When I take it out, it works fine, so I donno. I could take a screenshot for you dusty and just photoshop the inverted colors onto the frame for you, if you would like that. But it just freezes a few frames after the actionscript and I have no idea why. Then it closes and asks if i want to send an error report.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-01 22:02:46

At 7/1/06 08:00 PM, Starogre wrote:
It could always be imageshack. Imageshack also makes the swf width and height bigger and so the pictures and movements are larger which could also be the case. Dusty can finish up the menu and when we put it in the whole collaboration, I can host it on my site and show everyone so you can 'beta test' it. At that point we can fix any errors with how it runs online, at it's normal width and height.

The special movie clip stuff added in Flash 8 are really slow in the first place. Back when I made the BG, I threw out the blurs because it would slow down and get real choppy with them in. Plus, I like the BG better the way I made it anyways. :p

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-02 00:27:55

At 7/1/06 10:02 PM, MC_Booga wrote:
The special movie clip stuff added in Flash 8 are really slow in the first place. Back when I made the BG, I threw out the blurs because it would slow down and get real choppy with them in. Plus, I like the BG better the way I made it anyways. :p

I second that, I think the blur for Booga's background is unnecessary. I'd take it out. Also, I'm working on graphics for the extras and bios section right now.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-02 02:04:51

Hey I made a little menu for the extras section. I don't have the booga background so try to imagine it there. I think the bios section looks fine the way it is. I think this "extras" menu is pretty sleek and its only 24kb so it doesnt fatten the filesize at all.

Dusty, if you like it I'll send it over to you, since the buttons don't work or anything.

Link

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-02 02:42:26

Man dusty. Thats a sweet selection screen. It does run slow on my machine too, but i thought that was jsut how it was.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-02 02:48:22

At 7/2/06 02:04 AM, RAWRoutLOWD wrote: Hey I made a little menu for the extras section.

Wow, Pretty sleek. No lag at all. sweet

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-02 08:30:04

At 7/2/06 02:04 AM, RAWRoutLOWD wrote: Hey I made a little menu for the extras section. blahblahblah

Dusty, if you like it I'll send it over to you, since the buttons don't work or anything.

Link

Wouldn't that just be going from pixels to vector?

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-02 19:39:16

Ok, I need the menu within the next day or so, or this isn't getting submitted for a couple weeks, because I'll be busy thursday and i'm leaving friday. So if the menu is not installed, and the collab is not fully beta tested within the next one or two days, it won't be submitted for a long time.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-02 19:49:56

C'mon Dusty get that Menu done or if not send the fla. to Starogre so your not the only with the menu. If the menu is not done soon, the collab will not be released because soon Starogre is leaving for a few weeks. If the menu is not going to be done now just give it to someone to do.
Its been a good few weeks...err months. Please get the menu done.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-02 23:29:13

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm sorry I'm so busy lately. I'll work on it tonight. But I'll be out all day tomorrow again. So I'll probably have it DONE and sent around tuesday night. That's my deadline. That gives enough time to get everything beta tested and shit. But yeah RAWR I really like what you did, if you could please email me that .fla of what you just made I can integrate that in with what I did already, and hopefully finish that all up on tuesday. Hmmm... other than that.. sorry for being the slow one guys. It would be done sooner if I wasn't so damn busy.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-02 23:37:15

*Oh yeah. Starogre, if you could do the photoshop thing for my part where the actionscript used to be that would be cool. And in that case, you can remove Glaiel from the special thanks part of the credits, since it was his code. Other things: Imageshack did make the whole thing alot laggier than it will be at normal size. But I can still cut back on some of the blurs and all. And as for the quality selector, I don't think we'll be needing that, because the menu is automatically defaulted on low quality as it is. If you went higher, it would have an unbearable lag.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-03 00:15:36

Here is the origional BG file for comparision:
http://www.boogatech..red_menu_bg_opt.html

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-03 02:02:17

At 7/3/06 12:15 AM, MC_Booga wrote: Here is the origional BG file for comparision:
http://www.boogatech..red_menu_bg_opt.html

The orignal ones not that bad either. And it runs smooth.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-03 09:40:56

At 7/2/06 11:37 PM, dusty_h wrote: *Oh yeah. Starogre, if you could do the photoshop thing for my part where the actionscript used to be that would be cool. And in that case, you can remove Glaiel from the special thanks part of the credits, since it was his code.

Ok, I'll do that now.

And as for the quality selector, I don't think we'll be needing that, because the menu is automatically defaulted on low quality as it is. If you went higher, it would have an unbearable lag.

I was sorta talking about quality for the movie. You could just add in a 'Movie Quality' text in the corner, then have a L M H for low medium and high with buttons. I can code the actionscript to set the movie to whatever the quality is. That's easy, so if you could do that real quick that'd be great. HOWEVER, I could always do that real easily too without messing up any of the layout. Soooo nvm, I'll just do it when you send.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-07-03 09:51:02

Are we done?

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature