00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crispcartoonist just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Altered Reality Colab

69,883 Views | 1,732 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-05-15 16:43:33

BETA

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-05-19 17:39:56

Hmmmmmm. So far, I can't do anything till Shifty and MC Booga are done. Dusty is working/slacking off with the menu, so...ya...other than that I just need those last parts, so feel free to let me have them (or this will never be done).

Thanks everyone.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-05-31 09:18:58

bump for progress

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-03 19:49:47

At 5/31/06 09:18 AM, -neeko- wrote: bump for progress

Wow, its been very slow lately. Are there any updates from mcbooga or finished piece from shifty? I don't think it should be taking this long.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-03 23:49:29

At 6/3/06 07:49 PM, RAWRoutLOWD wrote:
At 5/31/06 09:18 AM, -neeko- wrote: bump for progress
Wow, its been very slow lately. Are there any updates from mcbooga or finished piece from shifty? I don't think it should be taking this long.

Completely forgot about this project, I'll do it tomorrow

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-05 16:32:48

Got Shifty's part, just need MC Booga's part and the movie is done. Just need all the menu stuff after that, then i need the credits or w/e is going after the song is over, unless it just goes back to the menu, which would be good enough.

MC BOOGA FINISH YOUR PART. We are officially waiting on you now :D

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-05 16:49:41

Another announcement.

I got all the parts organized, ready to put in, sadly, MC Booga has part six, so i can't put in any till i have that or the rest will be not synced with the music.

Second, when i got the parts organized i forgot about filler. I have filler from Astropuff, RawrDrawings (i think its his), and Flashkid. However, flashkid's has some error on it and won't let me open. I recently got flash 8 so flash isn't the problem, I think it just sent only part of the file over AIM one night.

The point i'm trying to make is that I need your filler flashkid, and i MAY need more depending on how the parts go together, so i'll get back to you guys once i can put the movie together. I still can't do that till i get MC Booga's part though.

Laterz.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-05 20:42:28

At 6/5/06 04:49 PM, Starogre wrote: Another announcement.
Stuff

Yay!! I think its safe to say that we are now down to the home stretch!

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-09 12:25:21

cant wait.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-09 19:28:42

Wow...its almost done..
I really can't wait.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-13 18:10:30

I need to hire somebody, preferrably a midget (for comic relief), to punch me in the face at an hourly rate, in hopes that I will STOP procrastinating.

asdf

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-15 22:31:31

Hurrah for midgets!

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-15 22:38:19

Is Booga still alive?

What's left Starogre besides Booga's part, menu and so on.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-16 01:57:32

I'm still alive. Sorry about not posting in a while. I really want to get my part done tomorrow. It looked like a more realistic goal Tuesday, but I had a few scendule conflicts, and it will be next Monday at the latest. Seriously, I want to get this done. I have other things i want to work on, and I can't work on them until I'm done with my part. This weekend isn't the best there have been, either. I have to do lighting for a dance recital, which will take up alot of my weekend.

I'm close to being done. Just a few more days.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-17 13:06:06

Ok thanks for the update!
I don't have any projects I'm working on so I'm free to work on this whenever!

So far I need:

-MCBooga's part
~this will allow me to do the movie part ofo it.

-Credits movie with a cool song and background with a robotic feel to it
~I can then put it at the end.

-Preloader, preferably looking like the menu
~I can put this in as well

-Menu (COUGHdustyCOUGH :P )
-And this...

-2 animations
1) of the preloader somehow transferring/transitioning to the menu
2) of the menu shrinking and turning into a movie controls panel at the bottom somehow

Anyone can do any of this, as long as they can produce something awesome in a timely manner! Dusty is on the menu, so if you want to help with some of the animations, he can give the stuff to you to work with once he is done. Everything else depends on whether or not people do this stuff. (Then I or dusty can do it if we need to.)

So, if you want a part in the assembly process, join now!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-17 13:14:01

Also, anyone think that making the movie size larger, and adding black bars on the top and bottom to make it widescreen for a place for controls etc.., would be better looking?

blahblahblah

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-17 13:35:38

yea that sounds pretty cool.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-17 23:34:21

At 6/17/06 01:14 PM, Starogre wrote: Also, anyone think that making the movie size larger, and adding black bars on the top and bottom to make it widescreen for a place for controls etc.., would be better looking?

blahblahblah

Yeah Looks more cinematic, even though it's at the exact same size (the actual animation, not the stage size).

I'll do credits if that's cool.

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-18 20:30:38

At 6/17/06 01:06 PM, Starogre wrote:
-Credits movie with a cool song and background with a robotic feel to it
~I can then put it at the end.

I have the credits all written up, minus a few things such as credits for any additional work that is done at the end of this project.

-Preloader, preferably looking like the menu
~I can put this in as well

Already done.

-Menu (COUGHdustyCOUGH :P )

Working on it! :)

-And this...

-2 animations
1) of the preloader somehow transferring/transitioning to the menu
2) of the menu shrinking and turning into a movie controls panel at the bottom somehow

1) already done
2) already done, minus actionscript.

And yeah, I am definately with you on lengthening the stage height to add black bars on top and bottom. That way you can put the authors' name on the bottom bar, and the control panel on top. Nice thinking!

And Mogly, if you want to do the credits, I can send you the credits text file and you can make it look all fancy.

And let's all give MC_Booga a big round of applause for being a sport and finishing his part on such a tight schedule.

Ok... let's get this baby done.

I sounded like a faggot when I wrote all that, didn't I?

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-18 20:56:56

And Mog, I can send you text credit file

Send away.

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-18 22:11:29

Looks like this thing will get done! One of the best animated collabs out there! Hopefully it hasn't taken too long though...(we don't want japenese animators stealing our idea and submitting before we do :P )

puts big hand up at monitor for mc booooooguh

And ya, put the controls I guess in the upper left corner, and in the lower right or something make small green cool flashy text or something (like the menu) with like scanlines masking through the author's names or something, if you know what i mean...Also, if you need, I can do that stuff when I assemble, like putting in the author names and such...I think I can make them look cool...i have a good idea for it...

Ok, well. I guess all we need is for mogly to do the credits, and for the menu to be done and sent over along with the preloader and stuff. Dusty, just wait to email me though, until you have everything that I don't (besides booga's part).

Good luck!

slow and steady wins the race!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-18 22:47:34

At 6/18/06 10:11 PM, Starogre wrote: ...(we don't want japenese animators stealing our idea and submitting before we do :P )

Grr... I take offense to that.. lol. I'm japanese and proud! Well good luck to everyone finishing up with everything. I'll be glad to help if help is needed. I wouldnt mind doing the name tags for everyone, I love doing static and scanline effects if you havent noticed already.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-19 11:21:49

Lol...That wasn't supposed to ridicule the japenese for stealing animation, I actually used steal as an exaggeration of "doing it before us"...Anyways...

Ok, you can make the author names. Try to make them shiny and stuff too. or like glassy looking. Dont make them flash and static too much though, just make them do that TV static fuzz thing for a split second while changing names from one person to another. Make the names easy to read as well :P

Note: I'm changing the size and adding in top and bottom black bars, so I will put in the movie controls and author names as well, in the bars. If i REALLY have to, I will change the size of them to make them fit, but I probably won't have to if the controls and names are made at a reasonable size...

Just gotta get all the menu stuff so I can put it in. I also need booga's part to put in and take a small clip from. I'm giving the best clips from each part to mogly so he can put them in the credits.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-19 11:27:04

can't wait squared.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-19 17:28:45

At 6/19/06 11:21 AM, Starogre wrote:
Just gotta get all the menu stuff so I can put it in. I also need booga's part to put in and take a small clip from. I'm giving the best clips from each part to mogly so he can put them in the credits.

Hey that's a good idea. By clip, do you mean a freeze frame of something happening, or an animated clip from each part? Either way it should be good. Hold tight mog while I get the credits assembled for ya... and just to update RAWR of the members' usernames (some of them have changed):

ART_TRON
RamsesThePigeon
RAWR_Drawings
-neeko-
MC_Booga
MC_Booga
FlashKid
-Mogly-
Astropuff
JackSmack
RAWR_Drawings
BigArmyBug [BrandonPClark]
DOUBLE_SS [RANTish]
Starogre
dusty_h
Tystarr
Shifty75
-Neeko-

That list's in order by the way, if that helps anything.

probably not

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-20 13:45:39

Sorry I had soccer yesterday, and too much stuff happened this morning. I should be able to get them done by tonight/tomorrow sometime. But I guess you don't need them just yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-20 14:21:59

At 6/20/06 01:45 PM, Starogre wrote: Sorry I had soccer yesterday, and too much stuff happened this morning. I should be able to get them done by tonight/tomorrow sometime. But I guess you don't need them just yet.

Thats cool. I'll be watching the football tonight, then probably fall asleepas I was up late last night with a friend If you get what I mean..

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-20 15:08:52

Holy crap. After all this time, I clicked save and the power went out. It's all gone. File's corrupted. Don't know what to do now...

Really, all I've got to say is...

GOTCHA! :D

Here's a peek at the final version:
http://www.boogatech..t5_mnc_finished.html

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-20 16:18:47

one of the most sweetly amazing parts ive ever seen!

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2006-06-20 17:26:18

At 6/20/06 03:08 PM, MC_Booga wrote: Holy crap. After all this time, I clicked save and the power went out. It's all gone. File's corrupted. Don't know what to do now...

Really, all I've got to say is...

GOTCHA! :D

Here's a peek at the final version:
http://www.boogatech..t5_mnc_finished.html

i'm sorry. That's insane.