00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

hbag just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread.

73,984 Views | 893 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-09 14:08:13

Quick question:

Is there a way to switch your weapons instead of reloading?

It's really annoying when I empty a whole clip into an enemy that doesn't kill them and I get torn apart because I had to reload and not be able to switch my weapon.

Thanks.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-09 15:14:02

At 11/9/10 02:08 PM, TacoFreak wrote: Quick question:

It's really annoying when I empty a whole clip into an enemy that doesn't kill them and I get torn apart because I had to reload and not be able to switch my weapon.

Thanks.

Back in Fallout 3 you use to be able to go into you Pip-boy, remove and re-equip your weapon and it would have full ammo. Might not work since when you switch ammo you have to reload. Or you can just the the Rapid Reload perk.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-09 23:15:22

At 11/9/10 02:08 PM, TacoFreak wrote: Quick question:

Thanks.

You could either switch weapons through your Pip-Boy or hot key a new weapon and switch before you had to reload. Most reloads take less time to do than switching, though. Especially with the appropriate perk.

Gamertag: Vajra09

Rank 16 in the Newgrounds Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-10 19:43:07

Third play through finished, sided with the NCR, Legion is next. Time to make a Slayer.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-10 20:54:39

At 11/6/10 09:44 PM, FurryDemon wrote:
At 11/6/10 06:03 PM, Coop5245 wrote:
At 11/6/10 05:01 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 11/6/10 04:36 PM, Coop5245 wrote: I need some help getting to Nellis Air Force Base that fucking artillery is raping my guys
Use a stealth boy.
Gah so fucking simple!
I ran through and hid inside the buildings and used up 6 stimpaks or so!

Jesus I showed my sister what happens when i walk to nellis un-prepared and I just waltzed through the artillery with little damage!

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-10 22:18:47

potential spoiler alert
pie

and I think spoiling is implied in this thread anyway.

At 11/8/10 09:39 PM, letiger wrote: And when you do, take the time to read terminal entries and listen to holotapes.

I did! wow!

At 11/8/10 10:43 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
Kill the bitch, she can't leave you if she's dead.

Also available in relationship advice.

I LOLed

At 11/9/10 12:06 AM, Silverchaos wrote: SevenSeize, without spoiling anything, read all notes in that vault and bring a few high powered guns with armor-piercing rounds and a couple pulse grenades.

Oh, as soon as he said, "Have a seat" I knew it was coming..... then the tone in his voice at the end of the speech. "Do you remember? Good."

So yes, I agree with what you all said earlier. Anyone reading this who hasn't visited Vault 11 should do so now.

Also, the overseer's password (If you looked at it on the pipboy) was Betty. I wonder if that has to do with Betty the altar ego of the crazy German guy from the fail safe in Fallout 3. Since he was the one who designed all the vault scenarios or w/e.

Okay, another topic. I went to the Camp Searchlight (I think thats what it is) and it's super radiated, NCR ghouls everywhere etc.

1. I did the mission for Logan and then he decided to kill me, so I killed him. Does anyone know who Logan was working for?

2. Can I do anything to help the NCR ghoul who hasn't gone feral yet and is still in his house?

3. I found pages 3 and 4 from Timmy's diary in the farm house outside of town. Has anyone found the other pages or is that it?

4. Is there a way to get into the airport? I went and it appeared all the doors were sealed and I am wondering the signifigance of this location.

ps please ignore typos, I am sick and under the influence of loooootttttts of medicine.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-10 23:05:42

Good fucking game, just needs more music.
It will be nice to have some Elvis or some rock n roll with a incoming expansion.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-10 23:16:21

I'll admit, when I think it was 36Holla that was raving about Vault 11 I didn't know what to think. Needless to say, I was made a believer.

1. I did the mission for Logan and then he decided to kill me, so I killed him. Does anyone know who Logan was working for?

Logan wasn't working for anyone, he was simply a greedy prospector who wanted to keep all the loot.

2. Can I do anything to help the NCR ghoul who hasn't gone feral yet and is still in his house?

I haven't met him, so can't help you there.

3. I found pages 3 and 4 from Timmy's diary in the farm house outside of town. Has anyone found the other pages or is that it?

Most note pages and diary entries don't exist. They are intentionally left out of the game.

4. Is there a way to get into the airport? I went and it appeared all the doors were sealed and I am wondering the signifigance of this location.

Which Airport? Nellis or Searchlight? See above posts for Nellis, as for Searchlight there should be a crater along the fence that you can go through.

As for my own question, I have to ask. Exactly what are the "Battle Cattle"!?

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-11 00:03:16

At 11/10/10 11:16 PM, Silverchaos wrote: Which Airport? Nellis or Searchlight? See above posts for Nellis, as for Searchlight there should be a crater along the fence that you can go through.

It was searchlight, I'll go look for the crater. I finished Nellis already.

As for my own question, I have to ask. Exactly what are the "Battle Cattle"!?

I second you in this question.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-11 00:29:22

At 11/10/10 11:16 PM, Silverchaos wrote: I'll admit, when I think it was 36Holla that was raving about Vault 11 I didn't know what to think. Needless to say, I was made a believer.

Logan wasn't working for anyone, he was simply a greedy prospector who wanted to keep all the loot.

He was with two Crimson Caravan scavengers though.

Also, the road that goes south of the camp is the one that leads you to the airport, I think there's a jet that crashed into an overpass or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-11 11:28:12

At 11/11/10 08:02 AM, Grubby wrote: I love the Caesars Legion.

I don't think that they're as evil as everyone perceives they are. They focus more on toughness and discipline like Spartans back in the old days.

On my 2nd playthough I'll play as the NCR.

The first act you witness them commit is the murdering of all of Nipton (sure, it was filled with Powder Gangers, but still). On the way to Novac you can find a group of Legionaries attack a merchant caravan.
They set off a dirty bomb and irradiated the entire town of Camp Searchlight, even bragged about it over in Cottonwood Cove. During Boone's sidequest they attack an NCR refugee camp (not to mention trying to sell Boone's wife to slavery, but I'll get to that). They regularly kidnap people to sue as slave labor and as pack brahmin (check the Fort).
All forms of drugs are forbidden, including medication. So if you have a heart condition or whatever, they save you the trouble of dying a slow drawn out death by killing you themselves. Their society is built on the principle of "Only the strong survive", and weed out any weak or elderly people.

Not to mention that ALL women are treated as third class citizens, only fit for breeding and "pleasing" men.

Trust me, they are plenty evil.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-11 14:46:07

People bitch about the NCR so much but I give them mad props for having their shit together. Yeah they can be dickheads with money and land grabbing but jesus they set up a government in a post-apocalyptic world. The legion are idiots wearing skirts so fuck them lol. Mr. House is a greedy fucker with all his assumptions so he can go fuck himself as well. I am either going independent or with the NCR in the end.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-11 14:52:34

At 11/11/10 11:59 AM, CashClock wrote: They're not completely black on the morality scale though, there more dark grey.

Possibly a nesserary evil for the Wasteland. O_o

After playing both Legion endings, I found that the Caesar's Legion may not be as bad in the long run, though still a far cry from what can be considered an ideal society. The Legate's Legion, on the other hand, dear god. If they were the only option to unifying New Vegas, then I'd grit my teeth and just bear with them. Thankfully though, there are better options.

The NCR suck and will probally collapse soon due to being lying, backstabbing bastards and Mr House just doesn't seem trustworthy, Caesar however is completely honest at all times with you and seems to think the world needs to be hardened.

The NCR is filled with red tape and political infighting, but at least they try to bring the best to the region (even if they prefer strong arm methods). The main reason the NCR want New Vegas is because of the economic stability of the region. Denying them the area might make them collapse.

As for House, yes, he does seem shady but for the most part he has kept New Vegas from becoming like the rest of the wasteland by keeping the city stable (hell, it was because of his wealth and influence that Vegas wasn't nuked like the rest of the U.S.).

As for Caesar, well, I respect the his ideals and the himself, but his honesty doesn't change the fact that the Legion as an entity are a bunch of rapists and murderers, the only difference between them and Raiders are unity and "honor".

I can somehow understand about the destroying Medical Science, it's cruel but it makes sense. In a world like Fallout, Medical Science will only damage the Human race's evolution and hardening to the cruelty of the Wasteland.

That is a lot like the Master's plan, have the strong thrive atop the corpses of the weak (granted, the Master wanted to turn all able into super mutants and leave the incapable as slaves who wouldn't be allowed to breed, or so I heard). As for humanity's evolution, well, that is the entire point of the Fallout series, to overcome the horrors of the waste to rebuild after atomic war. The weak become the strong merely by surviving.

That and in a strict Warrior Culture, the fragile have no uses, and no civilization carries burdens unless they're paid for by someone.

Touche', however, Caesar wishes to create (or revive, whatever) a Warrior Culture where there wasn't. As shown by there still being civilization after the war, people are rebuilding on there own power, and don't need to filter out the weak.

Besides, a Warrior Culture built solely upon the idea of war has no room to grow and develop. If they weed out all the weak bodied, then the might also be weeding out the next generation's Thomas Edison or Albert Einstein or Nikola Telsa etc. Leaving them at a state of stagnation, the antithesis of the point of the entire series, to progress.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-11 14:55:39

At 11/11/10 02:46 PM, Shnam wrote:

I am either going independent or with the NCR in the end.

We share the same opinions my friend. Good luck on your playthrough

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-11 18:57:06

I didn't really like any of the factions, but I loved Yes Man's immature, chaotic nature, so I completed the game with him and I'm glad I did. Pretty cool ending.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-11 18:58:52

At 11/11/10 11:16 AM, CashClock wrote: Funny thing, you know Bruce Isaac? The guy who's been chased by "Mr. Bishop" in Novac?

"Mr.Bishop" happens to be the Chosen One's and that Bishop chick/guy's son, who spent most of his very young life as a traveller and dominated New Reno's criminal underworld.

To prove it even more Bruce Isaac describes him as "Knowing the Core Region like the back of his hand." See: Spending his young life as a traveler.

That makes sense I guess since the original Mr Bishop would be pretty old by now.

I found the crater for Searchlight airport and the buildings aren't supposed to be accessible and now I don't feel like such a jackass. I did find the chests outside with several hundred chips in each.

and I figured out how to help Private Edwards, The ghoul who's not feral and still has his mind. If you talk to the NCR patrol on the North/West section of town, there's a few options for Edwards.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-11 19:02:16

At 11/11/10 02:53 PM, MrPercie wrote: people trying to justify the ceasers legion is just stupid. Sure there is some reasoning but it sure as hell aint that good I aint saying NCR or house are a walk in the park but there sure gunna have more positive effects on the wasteland than those murderers did.

True, but it's not any fun to just say "these guys are evil, hate them". Especially since this game loves to use morally grey political themes.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-11 19:55:34

I've decided that my next character for my Legion play through is going to be a kinky Fireman who either uses a power fist varient or a fire axe.

Who hasn't had a gimp fireman fantasy that involved some heavy fisting?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-11 23:37:20

At 11/11/10 10:17 PM, Grubby wrote: LOLOLOL my Legion companion (i downloaded him as a mod for the PC version) started shooting up everyone in Vault 21, innocent civilians, and they all swarmed on him with pool cues and fists.

He killed like five people, but he only had one health bar left, and another swarm of people went at him, and LOLOLOLOL.

One female gambler punched his face from the behind and rendered him unconcious, and then she sipped coke right after. LOL!!!

Funniest Fallout moment ever.

That sounds awesome, would have been even better if you woulda recorded it somehow haha. And hey do you think I can get a link for the Legion companion cause that sounds pretty cool.

Current PC: Ryzen 5 3600x, Corsair H100i, 16GB RAM, RX 580 Nitro +

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-12 01:29:56

(Spoilers I guess...?)

Mr. House - He is highly intelligent and has an army of robots that are really powerful and have destructive power, he also lives forever and knows his shit. I'd say he's the best choice for New Vegas.

NCR - They have potential if you help them in every way possible I suppose, but they are still incompetent soft schmucks who can't handle the Mojave and will end up crumbling one way or another.

Legion - They are crazy kooks, though they are fairly competent and like some guy said (can't be fucked remembering who) they would do a way better job protecting the wasteland and it's roads than the NCR, other than that I think they are kind of fucked up and don't have much good technology.

Taking New Vegas for yourself - I haven't tried this ending, though I'd say it's similar to siding with Mr. House and is a pretty cool option.

Also, question: Is it even possible to convince the Brotherhood of Steel to work with Mr. House? I assume not but who knows, I just went in and killed them all (cept I avoided the tough ass turrets)

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-12 14:42:40

I'm only, like, 15 minutes into the game. Already in love.

Hello.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-12 17:01:34

Fuck the Great Khans. They are the biggest pussies on the planet. They bitch and moan about the fact they were attacked by the NCR but they seem to forget they are FUCKING RAIDERS. Don't start complaining how the NCR massacred your people at Bitter Springs when your day job is being a dickhead.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-12 17:27:55

Just picked up the game... must say it's awesome!

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-13 15:19:19

Has anybody else run into the glitch/bug where the entrance to the Strip in Freeside is locked and requires a key?

It didn't do this until I completed Eye for the Blind

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-13 15:29:23

This game is so glitchy that it's starting to hinder my ability to play. I'm doing the sidequest "G.I. Blues" for The King, and whenever I talk to him about the information I've found, the dialogue breaks out and a King's member appears next to the King out of nowhere. Considering I can't move and can only look around, it's obviously a scripted event where the guy is supposed to start talking to me, but instead, he turns around and runs away, usually being blocked by Rex.

After about four or five tries, I finally quit the quest and did something else.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-13 16:45:33

At 11/13/10 03:20 PM, Grubby wrote: Just type in "tcl" into the console and you can no clip through it.

Helpful as ever I see, Grubby.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-13 18:53:33

At 11/13/10 03:19 PM, Eddmario wrote: Has anybody else run into the glitch/bug where the entrance to the Strip in Freeside is locked and requires a key?

36Holla had that problem too.

At 11/1/10 01:45 PM, 36Holla wrote:

So....for some reason, entrance into Vegas was suddenly cut off from me and it said I needed a key to get in. After checking online it turns out this has happened to other people too. The next best way to get inside was apparently using the Monorail at McCarren only...it got destroyed in a previous mission I did. I still go there because I suddenly start hearing people say "We put the monorail back to work!" However upon reaching it, there's still no monorail :(

So the last resort is to attack the robots outside the gate and loot their bodies for the key. This also makes every securitron robot attack you on sight. First time I had to truly go way far out my way to get something done in this game.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-13 19:56:12

At 11/11/10 10:17 PM, Grubby wrote: LOLOLOL my Legion companion (i downloaded him as a mod for the PC version) started shooting up everyone in Vault 21, innocent civilians, and they all swarmed on him with pool cues and fists.

Hey where do you download your mods from? I've downloaded some from Nexus but I'm having no luck getting them to work.

I think it's because I don't have a mod manager yet because I have no idea which one to get. After I unzip the files, they just go in the data file under steam/fallout NV right?

There's not enough directions on that site for retarded people such as myself

.spoiler
I finally finished my first playthrough as a good character, helped NCR.

I LOVED the ending for ED E, just random beeping, no clue what he said, lol.

Now I'm gonna play through as evil, and side with the Legion.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-13 20:05:09

I need help. On my Xbox 360 New vegas game while im trying to do the quest "Bye Bye Love" after leaving vault 21 the game freezes. Can anyone help me?

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-13 22:17:17

Has anybody else run into the glitch/bug where the entrance to the Strip in Freeside is locked and requires a key?
Just type in "tcl" into the console and you can no clip through it.

Why do people assume you have the PC version of this game?

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature