00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

bells801 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread.

74,174 Views | 893 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-05 01:15:02

At 11/5/10 12:00 AM, Silverchaos wrote: @Snuff, if you simply apply a Doctor's bag without specifying which body part you want to heal, then it only restores a tiny bit to all parts. However, if you manually select which part to apply the bag to, then it will heal about 50%.

Yes. Also, if you're still really early in the game, getting a Survival skill of 25 or higher will allow you to turn every single Gecko Meat you find into Gecko Steak, filling up more hunger, and much more health.

The survival Skill is only worth worrying about on Hardcore mode, when food and water are actual concerns. One more thing, there are many wells in the wastes that you can hydrate yourself with, without conjuring up radiation. The first one you come too? Goodsprings Source. Because purified water can be hard to come by. And try to stick with guns rather than energy weapons. The ammo for energy weapons take up a lot of weight compared to simple bullets. You're doing yourself a big favor by forgetting about energy weapons in Hardcore mode. Also, if something takes up no weight whatsoever, grab it. If it has no use, sell it. Caps don't take up weight either.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-05 05:53:10

At 11/5/10 01:15 AM, Gustavos wrote: The survival Skill is only worth worrying about on Hardcore mode

True. That and pumping up your endurance stat. I started a speed run the other day going through on hardcore and helping out the Legion and finished it today. Took me about 12 hours and the only real problems that I ran into were when I was trying to do the Arizona Killer quest and couldn't do anything other than go after Kimball head on because I just put points into speech, survival and barter since those were my tag skills. Also, getting the stuff for Caesar's auto-doc was hard since I had almost no ammo and at the time my 10mm pistol from the pre-order code was effed up so every time I had it equipped I was engulfed by a giant red triangle with a white exclamation mark in it. Not much fun. Well, it was kinda funny the first couple times it happened.

Also, since I was so weak in combat I was kind of dreading when the NCR dudes would come after me since I was on the Legion's side. The only time I did was when I was trying to sneak past the cazador nest. They were totally raped by all of the bugs and I had a front seat.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-05 16:01:30

I'm dreading the time I run into Cazadors on my Hardcore playthrough...

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-05 16:54:09

At 11/5/10 12:23 AM, PleaseContinue wrote: Should I get this or just replay Fallout 2?

A simple yes or not answer will not suffice.

You you like Fallout 2, you need to get this.
It really captures the feel of Fallout 1/2 much more than F3.
This is the real sequel, F3 is bullshit.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-05 17:56:54

At 11/5/10 04:35 PM, Silentkat wrote: Has anyone ran into a Deathclaw alpha male yet?

They're HUGE.

Bitch, you haven't seen nothing. Try the LEGENDARY Deathclaw!

Gamertag: Vajra09

Rank 16 in the Newgrounds Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-05 18:51:22

At 11/5/10 04:35 PM, Silentkat wrote: Has anyone ran into a Deathclaw alpha male yet?

They're HUGE.

he wasent so huge about 200 meters away, looking at him with mah sniper scope

But my god, how you could play with low strength and endurance is beyond me

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 00:06:01

At 11/5/10 05:56 PM, Silverchaos wrote:

They're HUGE.
Bitch, you haven't seen nothing. Try the LEGENDARY Deathclaw!

I'm so glad that thing got stuck trying to run round a corner, or I think it probably would have fucked me in the ass.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 10:09:34

*spoilurz of end game (although most people should have finished the game by now)*

I finished the game and sided with Mr. House and his super awesomely powerful securitrons because the Legion are fucking insane and the NCR are incompotent schmucks and I thought Mr. House was pretty smart. Now that I think about it though I should have made myself the ruler of New Vegas.
I had a lot of undone side quests and stuff though because I badly wanted to finish the game, so I'm probably going to keep playing and kill some deathclaws.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 11:29:34

Hey guys. Can anyone get the trophy/achievement "The Courier who broke the bank" with a luck of 1?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 11:32:57

At 11/6/10 11:29 AM, letiger wrote: Hey guys. Can anyone get the trophy/achievement "The Courier who broke the bank" with a luck of 1?

You'd have better luck getting a deathclaw and a cazador to have sex.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 11:51:24

At 11/6/10 11:32 AM, SloppyMoe606 wrote:
At 11/6/10 11:29 AM, letiger wrote: Hey guys. Can anyone get the trophy/achievement "The Courier who broke the bank" with a luck of 1?

I had a luck of 2 and in blackjack, the house kept getting blackjacks.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 12:02:30

At 11/6/10 11:51 AM, letiger wrote:
At 11/6/10 11:32 AM, SloppyMoe606 wrote:
I had a luck of 2 and in blackjack, the house kept getting blackjacks.

I had a luck of 6 and the house was getting blackjacks only on my higher bets.

It's just like playing blackjack in real life. Never get your anticipations higher than when you started. I stick with Roulette in this game. By the way, anybody else pissed that there's no poker tables?

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 12:22:40

screw gambleing, I made 10,000 caps when I was in the strip and most of that was just talking to people and taking items that didnt appear red for them to be illegal to take

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 13:58:49

At 11/6/10 12:22 PM, Percie wrote: screw gambleing, I made 10,000 caps when I was in the strip and most of that was just talking to people and taking items that didnt appear red for them to be illegal to take

Red for them to be illegal to take?

What?

Gambleing?

Huh?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 14:34:44

At 11/6/10 01:58 PM, letiger wrote:
Red for them to be illegal to take?

Im saying there were a lot of items you find around new vegas that you can take that isnt stealing. I found tons of pre-war money, guns, ammo and medicine in the lucky 38. If you look at an item and the cursor is red, its stealing if you take that item. Im saying that gambleing is kinda pointless cuz even on my low barter character, I still made 20-30 thousand caps.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 15:45:27

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 15:54:36

Bought this today. I loved Fallout 3 and 2, so I'm excited to play it tomorrow!

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 16:36:23

I need some help getting to Nellis Air Force Base that fucking artillery is raping my guys

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 17:01:38

At 11/6/10 04:36 PM, Coop5245 wrote: I need some help getting to Nellis Air Force Base that fucking artillery is raping my guys

Use a stealth boy.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 18:03:24

At 11/6/10 05:01 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 11/6/10 04:36 PM, Coop5245 wrote: I need some help getting to Nellis Air Force Base that fucking artillery is raping my guys
Use a stealth boy.

Gah so fucking simple!

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 21:28:02

How? I just run towards the first building to the left and then make a diagnial line to the gate and then they stop firing.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 21:29:22

I need some helpz plz. I can give you cookies for your trouble. k thnx

Is charisma the only stat that affects how many followers I can have?

My charisma is maxed out and it keeps telling me I can only have one follower at a time. :-(

Also, I took the quest from the Van Graff fella, Jean-Baptiste in the plasma weapon store in freeside, to go get the chick Rose or w/e, and she said she'd talk to him. But she hasn't left. and won't follow me.

Did I eff that quest all up or am I missing a piece or what?

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 21:41:06

At 11/6/10 09:29 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I need some helpz plz. I can give you cookies for your trouble. k thnx

Is charisma the only stat that affects how many followers I can have?

My charisma is maxed out and it keeps telling me I can only have one follower at a time. :-(

You can only have one human/ghoul companion at once, but you can also have Rex or Ed-E as a second companion too. Charisma doesn't factor into that.

Also, I took the quest from the Van Graff fella, Jean-Baptiste in the plasma weapon store in freeside, to go get the chick Rose or w/e, and she said she'd talk to him. But she hasn't left. and won't follow me.

Did I eff that quest all up or am I missing a piece or what?

Try doing the quest for the Crimson Caravan and one of them involves her. After doing it, that's when I got the option to recruit her. A bit of advice though, don't take her to Van Graff if you want to have her around long term.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 21:43:56

At 11/6/10 09:41 PM, 36Holla wrote: You can only have one human/ghoul companion at once, but you can also have Rex or Ed-E as a second companion too. Charisma doesn't factor into that.

Oh I gotcha, One humanoid, one robot.

I already had ED and it wouldn't let me take Rex.

Try doing the quest for the Crimson Caravan and one of them involves her. After doing it, that's when I got the option to recruit her. A bit of advice though, don't take her to Van Graff if you want to have her around long term.

I figured as much but have a feeling I'm gonna do it anyway, lol

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 21:44:36

At 11/6/10 06:03 PM, Coop5245 wrote:
Use a stealth boy.
Gah so fucking simple!

I ran through and hid inside the buildings and used up 6 stimpaks or so!

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 22:04:18

At 11/6/10 09:44 PM, FurryDemon wrote:
At 11/6/10 06:03 PM, Coop5245 wrote:
Use a stealth boy.
Gah so fucking simple!
I ran through and hid inside the buildings and used up 6 stimpaks or so!

I just run along the side of the boundary as fast as I can and I get nicked once. I tried the stealthboy route and I still got shot at, I don't think I had any companions either.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-06 22:34:42

I've just been to Vault 11 for the first time and it kicks ass. It has it's own little mysterious plot that unravels as you explore it. If you haven't been there, do it.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-07 01:03:37

At 11/6/10 10:34 PM, JaY11 wrote: I've just been to Vault 11 for the first time and it kicks ass. It has it's own little mysterious plot that unravels as you explore it. If you haven't been there, do it.

God, that Vault was AWESOME! I can not tell you how pissed I was when that Vault's true nature revealed. Been a while since a game made me elicit so much emotion.

At 11/6/10 09:29 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Is charisma the only stat that affects how many followers I can have?

No, regardless of Charisma, you can only have one Humanoid companion, and one Non-Humanoid companion. Charisma does, however, increase a companion's combat effectiveness.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-07 01:10:41

One thing that depressed me about this game lacked a sense of being able to conquer a faction. What I mean by this is when I first started playing withing an hour or two, I found a Power Gang hideout(I believe) and learned the leader was Eddie. 5 Minutes after that found Eddie and killed him. Afterwards walking around no one was talking about it or anything, they kept referring to him as he was alive. Ahh how disappointed I was.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-07 01:24:41

Okay, second playthrough and this question still nags me.

Whats the difference between Standard NCR Rangers and NCR Desert Rangers?