00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

fooooly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread.

74,238 Views | 893 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-20 00:26:32

At 11/20/10 12:03 AM, TheSporkLord wrote: I have not yet played it but I have it in my possession. What I'm wondering is whether or not the pre-order junk is built into the game. My friend said he just started it up and he had everything. When mine arrived, there was no download card so I went to customer services and all that and got a new card. So is it built in or do I have an extra caravan pack card?

What? Okay, all the pre-order bonuses give 4 sets of items. 2 seperate sets of supplies, one unique weapon, and one unique armor. You can find the supplies all over the game, but it's nice to have some extra at the start. The real bonus is the pre-order exclusive unique armor and weapon.

Hope that helps.

Gamertag: Vajra09

Rank 16 in the Newgrounds Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-20 20:06:23

Completed all four campaigns, I are a winnar.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-21 01:53:17

I'm a huge fan of the first two... And I have to say, why the fuck was this not FO3? Fallout 3 was a shitstain. Well, not quite as bad as tactics. NV kicks the shits out of 3. The only thing that 3 did better is the radio. Goddammit, NV has like 5 songs. The station thats remotely interesting is Black Mountain, and that goes away if you do that one quest....

Vote Green.

Sig by PabMo. Thank you very much.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-21 02:54:14

At 11/17/10 04:22 PM, hitman1993 wrote:
At 11/15/10 07:57 PM, Shnam wrote: what the fuck??? ED-E attacks me and Johnson Nash or whatever his name is whenever I go there to pick him up. I like him and don't really want to kill him so wat do???
So I did that mission where you torture hat Legion POW, Silus, at Camp McArran. After I finish it, I realize ED-E isn't following me, and then realize what happened at go back to see him inside the cell with Silus. The only way to get into the cell is if Lt. Boyd lets you in during that mission so I'm like "Well whatever, I still have his perk, but I can't replace him, no biggy" After A LOT of game time, like a fucking month, a message pops up saying he has returned to Primm so I'm like "YAY!" I head back there, enter Nash's place and ED-E starts firing his stupid laser at Nash while he hides behind his desk and Boone made quick of ED-E with the All American Marksman Carbine. I reload the auto-save hoping I can activate ED-E before he goes hostile, but nope.

Yeah essentially the same thing happened to me only I just re-loaded my save and never entered his store. So now I have Rex instead who is sort of useless because he runs away from every fight. But then again I don't really have to worry about him dying. Also I wish I could have both Boone and Veronica at the same time.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-21 12:03:06

You know, I would probably enjoy this game more if it weren't for the freezing, the long ass load times that only get longer as you play it, and the fact that I can never complete Raul's (my favorite companion) questline because I learned that Ranger takedown movie before I even went to black mountain.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-21 23:08:10

At 10/30/10 05:05 PM, 36Holla wrote: 20 men had tried to take him, 20 men had made a slip.
21 would be the ranger with the big iron on his hip.
big iron on his hip,

Best Fallout Song Ever!

Join my goddam Minitroopers http://sarviens-army.minitroopers.c om

Gamertag: Sarvian

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-21 23:09:28

I've had a problem with light freezing, like when I'm running and the game freezes for a second.

Join my goddam Minitroopers http://sarviens-army.minitroopers.c om

Gamertag: Sarvian

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-21 23:27:49

Okay fellas I've been thinking about this match up for a while now and only now do I feel it right to talk about it. If there was a full on battle between Rivet City Security and the Capital Wasteland Brotherhood of Steel (In Broken Steel form so no Liberty Prime but maybe some Enclave goodies left over from the war) versus the NCR military in New Vegas (maybe assuming you helped the shit out of them throughout the game) who would come out on top?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-22 00:16:29

At 11/21/10 11:27 PM, animehater wrote: Okay fellas I've been thinking about this match up for a while now and only now do I feel it right to talk about it. If there was a full on battle between Rivet City Security and the Capital Wasteland Brotherhood of Steel (In Broken Steel form so no Liberty Prime but maybe some Enclave goodies left over from the war) versus the NCR military in New Vegas (maybe assuming you helped the shit out of them throughout the game) who would come out on top?

Depends. Would each have their respective god helping them?

Because Lone Wander vs The Courier... it would be pretty awesome.

i deserve death

dont click the link this account is shit and fuck me

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-22 01:06:24

At 11/21/10 11:27 PM, animehater wrote: Okay fellas I've been thinking about this match up for a while now and only now do I feel it right to talk about it. If there was a full on battle between Rivet City Security and the Capital Wasteland Brotherhood of Steel (In Broken Steel form so no Liberty Prime but maybe some Enclave goodies left over from the war) versus the NCR military in New Vegas (maybe assuming you helped the shit out of them throughout the game) who would come out on top?

Depends, Vet rangers have some serious firepower like the anti-materiel rifle, and could go toe to toe with a BoS Paladin or two. If you're pitting the BoS against a mess of regular NCR troops with service rifles, then the BoS would win.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-22 03:14:21

I reckon the NCR would win (assuming you helped them) because they have the most forces and a lot of skilled tacticians, resources and the rangers. The Brotherhood would do some serious damage though, even though they are weakened because of the enclave and aren't as big as the NCR they have heaps of weaponry and technology.

My lone wanderer could beat my courier but once my courier gets his gun skill up and learns power armor and gets all the best stuff in the game (including the implants) I think he'd win.

On the other hand if my lone wanderer had Fawkes with him I think my courier would only be able to just barely take out Fawkes with VATS and missiles then the lone wanderer would rape the shit out of him.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-22 08:56:44

Woah woah woah. A Battle between the courier and the wanderer would be so devastating I'd be like the great war happened all over again. I meant both sides without them.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-22 09:36:14

Tough call, but I'd have to side with the East Coast Brotherhood. Considering that they'll be stuck doing humanitarian efforts to restore the wasteland, the only way the NCR will meet them will be to spread over to the east coast, and New Vegas has shown that the NCR can't maintain a hold on a region due to their rapid expansion.

So in a nutshell, it would have to be whether the NCR polititions and higher ups would stop being asshats and actually take their own war seriously so they can defeat the Brotherhood through sheer weight of numbers.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-22 09:51:02

How come there are invisible walls at times? I try to walk to Jacobstown, the closest location to it (that I've discovered) is Vault 22. Problem is, I CAN'T GET PAST THE FUCKING MOUNTAIN, BECAUSE OF INVISIBLE WALLS. Please help.

Hello.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-22 10:03:41

At 11/22/10 09:51 AM, Linktopast wrote: How come there are invisible walls at times? I try to walk to Jacobstown, the closest location to it (that I've discovered) is Vault 22. Problem is, I CAN'T GET PAST THE FUCKING MOUNTAIN, BECAUSE OF INVISIBLE WALLS. Please help.

You're not supposed to go through the mountain... there's a highway north of Vault 22 (begins roughly from Westside), take that route.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-22 11:41:28

At 11/22/10 10:03 AM, InsaneBrutality wrote:
You're not supposed to go through the mountain... there's a highway north of Vault 22 (begins roughly from Westside), take that route.

Ugh, I tried to get to Jacobstown from Red Rock Canyon (Great Khans hideout). I thought that if I exited the canyon and went around the mountains through a small path, I would make it northwest to Jacobstown. I fought two packs of cazadores and at the end, it just emptied out into the very back of Red Rock Canyon! And that's not even a good way to go in, because getting down from there would surely result in injury.

It wouldn't make a bad sniping position now that I think about it, but I had already recruited the Khans to fight with the NCR. Damn my diplomacy...

Also, east coast BoS versus the NCR after taking New Vegas? I smell an exciting and ridiculously awesome DLC package on the horizon. The NCR at full control of the Mojave and surrounding tribes (including the boomers) would probably take out the Brotherhood in the east, if the fighting was pushed back into California.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-22 11:41:45

At 11/22/10 10:03 AM, InsaneBrutality wrote:
At 11/22/10 09:51 AM, Linktopast wrote: How come there are invisible walls at times? I try to walk to Jacobstown, the closest location to it (that I've discovered) is Vault 22. Problem is, I CAN'T GET PAST THE FUCKING MOUNTAIN, BECAUSE OF INVISIBLE WALLS. Please help.

North of Vault 22... thanks! I'll try that later.

But see, the thing is this: The invisible walls I mentioned, they're in place even when it seems obvious that you SHOULD get through.

Hello.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-23 11:55:00

But wait, by 'Westside' did you mean Westside or Freeside?

Hello.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-23 14:10:07

At 11/23/10 11:55 AM, Linktopast wrote: But wait, by 'Westside' did you mean Westside or Freeside?

Just head to the Northwest corner of the map and follow the road going throught the mountains.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-23 14:48:24

I like the sound of the DLC but it being xbox 360 exclusive is just bullshit

PC users better get something like this soon

"let's throw the babies into the air and catch them with our bayonets, whoever catches the most wins!"

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-23 14:55:47

At 11/23/10 02:10 PM, Silverchaos wrote:
At 11/23/10 11:55 AM, Linktopast wrote: But wait, by 'Westside' did you mean Westside or Freeside?
Just head to the Northwest corner of the map and follow the road going throught the mountains.

Okay.

Hello.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-23 16:45:52

just finished on hardcore. there's so many speech success glitches i can't help but boost when i come across them. i found one at the beginning of the game, in goodsprings, with chet the general store guy. got to level 20, maxed out melee and unarmed, then finished the rest of the game with a baseball bat lmfao

Formerly known as Headshot777

The Newgrounds BBS is like a woman. All the teenagers who get into it make a terrible mess within two minutes. -Jercurpac

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-24 00:36:49

At 11/23/10 02:48 PM, yonokowhat wrote: I like the sound of the DLC but it being xbox 360 exclusive is just bullshit

The dlc so far doesn't sound too different from the main game anyway. Remember back in Fallout 3 every dlc guaranteed something COMPLETELY different in one way or another from war sims to alien spaceships?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-24 09:19:51

Theres a glitch when you finish the quest 'That lucky old sun' when you talk to the FoA scientist in Helios One, cant remember his name, you say were you've directed the power, I got 350XP, 2 Doctor's Bag's and 3 Stimpaks every time I did it, so now I've got 4000 stimpaks and a few less Doctor's Bag's.

NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

Gamertag: JuicyRumpSteak

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-24 16:33:39

At 11/24/10 12:36 AM, animehater wrote:
At 11/23/10 02:48 PM, yonokowhat wrote: I like the sound of the DLC but it being xbox 360 exclusive is just bullshit

The dlc so far doesn't sound too different from the main game anyway. Remember back in Fallout 3 every dlc guaranteed something COMPLETELY different in one way or another from war sims to alien spaceships?

It went sort of like this:

Operation: Anchorage: Hop into a pod where you die if you die in the sim
The Pitt: Go to a city of slavers and raiders, get your ass kicked
Broken Steel: Become immune to radiation and kick some Enclave ass
Point Lookout: Travel on a boat for a month, lose a chunk of brain
Mothership Zeta: Get kidnapped by pissed aliens

Yeah.

Hello.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-24 17:06:57

With the Dead Money download the level cap is suppose to be raised from 30 to 35. It looks pretty cool, kind of reminds me of Star Wars when someone gets lost in a sandstorm or a snowstorm and these weird people rescue them, but I may be thinking of some other movie.

Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-24 17:28:39

Friend is letting me borrow his copy since he never plays it.

I'm not enjoyig it mic, but it's early days yet.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-24 20:05:18

At 11/24/10 05:06 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: With the Dead Money download the level cap is suppose to be raised from 30 to 35.

Then they now have no excuse whatsoever not to make some Broken Steel DLC.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-24 21:25:21

At 11/24/10 05:06 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: With the Dead Money download the level cap is suppose to be raised from 30 to 35.

Why on an odd number? That means we can only pick two new perks. Also, only 5 more levels?

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-25 00:29:05

Anybody ells kinda disappointed in the low number of songs in New Vegas? Perhaps in future DLCs there can be new songs added to the radios.

Post YouTube links to the ones you want in.

Mister Sandman
My Way
Buggle boy of company b
Viva Las Vegas
Dear Hearts and Gentle people
(that one was in Fallout 3s trailer, but not in the actual game for some reason)

I hope they add more tunes, the ones they got are great, but as I said too few.

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature