00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HisCoconutGun just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread.

74,240 Views | 893 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-09-27 21:42:52

I like these homages to Fallout 2. Unfortunately the gauss rifle was totally screwed before Obsidian had their chance on it.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-09-27 22:05:48

i gotta say Lonesome Road was a huge letdown, it was like a 2 hour trek through a boring wasteland to get to the final battle where i completely owned Ulysses. Meh, some of the armor is nice. I also just started my final final playthrough of New vegas with the release of the last couple of dlcs today. No mistakes this time.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-09-28 08:05:15

What really frustrates me about the Fallout DLC is that Bethesda seems dead-set on presenting the addons as small little campaigns that you can never return to. You go to the new locations, are forced to stay there until you beat it (for completely contrived reasons), and then are forced to leave forever. That's why I loved Broken Steel so much, because all of the content that it adds to the game is within the original game world itself and you get to interact with it at any time. I really don't see why that can't make more DLC in that fashion. Something like Shivering Isles, where a sizeable portion of new land is added, but you're free to come and go as you please.

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-09-28 08:15:23

At 9/28/11 08:05 AM, Famas wrote: What really frustrates me about the Fallout DLC is that Bethesda seems dead-set on presenting the addons as small little campaigns that you can never return to.

You can return to the vast majority of the Fallout DLC's.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-09-28 08:22:39

Huh? I thought you were permanently locked out of Operation Anchorage, The Pitt and Mothership Zeta upon beating them. You certainly can't leave them once you enter, so I assumed that's how it worked. You can't leave Old World Blues, either.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-09-28 13:04:23

At 9/28/11 08:05 AM, Famas wrote: Bethesda

Obsidian made NV and is in charge of its DLC, not Bethesda.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-09-28 14:23:55

At 9/28/11 01:04 PM, IrishGun wrote:
At 9/28/11 08:05 AM, Famas wrote: Bethesda
Obsidian made NV and is in charge of its DLC, not Bethesda.

Right, but the DLC style is identical between games. "Oh look, a radio signal on my pip boy. I should go check that out. Oh, I guess my companions can't come with me. And I can't leave during the quest! And oh joy all my equipment gets taken". The Gun Runners DLC is the only one that deviates from that by adding additional content to the actual Vegas game world.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-09-28 14:32:46

At 9/28/11 02:23 PM, Famas wrote:

. And I can't leave during the quest! And oh joy all my equipment gets taken". The Gun Runners DLC is the only one that deviates from that by adding additional content to the actual Vegas game world.

Your equipment doesn't get taken away in HH, OWB, and LR.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-10-01 16:55:33

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-10-01 17:21:59

At 10/1/11 04:55 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Wat.

Saddest Futurama episode ever.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-10-02 01:05:32

At 10/1/11 04:55 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Wat.

I have him in my room in Novac so I have company.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-12-02 13:56:21

hah. Wild Wasteland is a fun perk.

So, do any of the DLCs let you continue beyond the ending like Broken Steel did for Fallout 3?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-12-02 14:20:34

At 12/2/11 01:56 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: hah. Wild Wasteland is a fun perk.

So, do any of the DLCs let you continue beyond the ending like Broken Steel did for Fallout 3?

Sadly, no. FNV will not get a similiar DLC like Broken Steel.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-12-02 19:01:27

Broken Steel felt like a patch for alot of things, as some bugs were ironed out in it, some characters did more damage with it etc. the actual fight sequence part of it wasn't that great but raising the level cap was great but just for the other DLC that came out. They got rid of that by splitting what would be the Broken Steel for NV by raising the level cap each DLC.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-12-03 11:56:12

At 12/2/11 02:20 PM, Faintly wrote: Sadly, no. FNV will not get a similiar DLC like Broken Steel.

Wow, that's a load of shit. It should have let you continue beyond the ending in the first place. The same goes for Fallout 3. You shouldn't have had to download anything to keep playing afterward.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-12-03 13:01:53

At 12/3/11 11:56 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 12/2/11 02:20 PM, Faintly wrote: Sadly, no. FNV will not get a similiar DLC like Broken Steel.
Wow, that's a load of shit. It should have let you continue beyond the ending in the first place. The same goes for Fallout 3. You shouldn't have had to download anything to keep playing afterward.

Because playing up to just before the last battle and saving isn't the exact same thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-12-03 19:07:29

At 12/3/11 01:01 PM, kmau wrote:
At 12/3/11 11:56 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Because playing up to just before the last battle and saving isn't the exact same thing.

also this: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/f ile.php?id=42428 xbox people are out of luck but still, it's there

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-12-04 00:32:41

At 12/3/11 01:01 PM, kmau wrote: Because playing up to just before the last battle and saving isn't the exact same thing.

It isn't.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-12-08 00:21:20

At 12/7/11 11:42 PM, Addict wrote: I feel like this game is too small.
I've finished Hardcore mode and it really isn't that "hardcore".

The current generation cannot handle anything difficult. Hardcore should be called normal, and normal should be called sissy. And quick travel should be removed.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2013-04-01 14:34:56

Anybody still playing? Recently bought this for my girlfriend and I must say I'm having a good time with it, we both are.
I never got into Fallout 3, but I am considering buying it next pay cheque strictly because of how much I'm enjoying New Vegas.

I just finished helping the deputy out in the Hotel, and now I'm not too sure what I want to do. I'm going to focus on increasing my science skill right now so I can show that damn robot that the machine gun is missing. As far as anything else goes though, I'm not quite sure where I want to go questing next. I have all of the DLC quests in my log, but don't think I'm a high enough level yet for them.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2013-04-01 15:51:43

At 4/1/13 02:34 PM, Luke wrote: As far as anything else goes though, I'm not quite sure where I want to go questing next.

Please do not rush to get to the strip like I did. You may be disappointed.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2013-04-01 15:55:50

At 4/1/13 03:51 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 4/1/13 02:34 PM, Luke wrote: As far as anything else goes though, I'm not quite sure where I want to go questing next.
Please do not rush to get to the strip like I did. You may be disappointed.

I'm not rushing anything, I never do in open world games. I try to do as much as possible before doing main story stuff, etc.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2013-04-01 18:24:38

At 4/1/13 02:34 PM, Luke wrote: Anybody still playing? Recently bought this for my girlfriend and I must say I'm having a good time with it, we both are.
I never got into Fallout 3, but I am considering buying it next pay cheque strictly because of how much I'm enjoying New Vegas.

I just finished helping the deputy out in the Hotel, and now I'm not too sure what I want to do. I'm going to focus on increasing my science skill right now so I can show that damn robot that the machine gun is missing. As far as anything else goes though, I'm not quite sure where I want to go questing next. I have all of the DLC quests in my log, but don't think I'm a high enough level yet for them.

If you got the DLC "Dead Money" is the worst imho best is "Old World Blues" But be a fairly high level before doing either.

I dunno after the hotel I usually go pick up my follower Cass (has the most to say) in the Mojave Outpost.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2013-04-01 22:59:09

At 4/1/13 06:24 PM, Ceratisa wrote: If you got the DLC "Dead Money" is the worst imho best is "Old World Blues" But be a fairly high level before doing either.

I dunno after the hotel I usually go pick up my follower Cass (has the most to say) in the Mojave Outpost.

I have just met Cass before quitting my game for the night, or time being anyway. I did a lot of exploring today instead of questing. I invaded the correctional facility, decided to go against the Powder Gang, but I think in my next playthrough I will work with them, I want to see what kind of quests I can get from Eddie.