00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fluffymofo808 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread.

74,110 Views | 893 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-21 00:29:30

Just played it and helped defend Goodspring and recruited ED-E.

I love this game, but I got to ask, are there any items I want to stockpile on for later use? You know, like how in Fallout 3 there was buyers for Pre-War books, scrap metal and the like?

Gamertag: Vajra09

Rank 16 in the Newgrounds Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-21 02:46:35

Watch this unboxing.

It's the best video ever.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-21 03:09:09

Okay, I'm just gonna come out and say it.

This game isn't that great.

Wanna know why?

First, it feels kind of like an expansion from Fallout 3 only serving major problems Fallout 3 did not have. I'll get to that in a minute.

Whats good:
The overall feel of the landscape is better than I thought and the mini-games turned out to be more fun than I thought they would be. The new weapons and additions to the various little things you can do to advance your character is just awesome. You can recruit people to fight with you and them being around serves a better purpose than in Fallout 3. The side quests are long and very nice. Characters are fairly interesting even if they are minor and have a pretty good impact no matter what you do. I feel like I can really do anything in this game no matter what choice I make and I love the faction system. Everything feels a little more streamlined compared to Fallout 3 and things you wish were in the last game are in this.

Bad:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT is this game buggy up the ass. Seriously, I don't know how you guys are faring on your copies, but I'm noticing the bugs and some people I talked to have noticed the game be buggy as hell too. One of the major problems I'm having with the game is that it's crashing. Fuck ton. If I notice it start to slow down or glitch out on me I know I'm about to crash the game (PS3 version). Also, AI and other NPC's do some random shit like walking into walls, circles, just standing there for no reason as I'm shooting them, enemy pops out of nowhere, body parts appeared out of nowhere, body part end up doing this weird foot dance inside of a wall, more crashing, major character didn't appear for a long time until I just kept leaving and coming back, and too much more to count.

What the fuck? This product was so unfinished. This is fucking unacceptable. I enjoy the game, but all this shit is really taking away the experience for me. Out of all the things I love about this game I found this one major problem just shits it all out the window. How could they NOT fix this shit before it ships? I'm fine waiting longer for a game as long as its a finished product. Yeah, they rushed it. Obviously they are going to patch it, but I'm almost done with it as it is and what's the point anymore? A second playthrough? Too little too late and I spent $60 on an unfinished product.

I know there are some of you who probably didn't get these glitches much, argue its because I have a PS3 version or just ignored it enough to enjoy the game, but I have these. I fucking hate it and its fucking unacceptable.

6/10

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-21 03:20:09

At 10/21/10 03:09 AM, Stoicish wrote: Bad:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT is this game buggy up the ass. Seriously, I don't know how you guys are faring on your copies, but I'm noticing the bugs and some people I talked to have noticed the game be buggy as hell too.

Don't trip, everyone knows about it. For some reason, all copies of the game are apparently bugged to high hell, even on top of being built on the already buggy Gamebryo engine.
Obsidian has promised to start rolling out patches next week. Expect smooth sailing before Thanksgiving.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-21 03:25:02

At 10/21/10 02:46 AM, Jolly wrote: Watch this unboxing.

Beautiful, but it HAS to be staged. Too many great one-liners; "Collector's Edition Pogs", "I'll read this later while I'm pooping", "The plastic is really coming off", "Solitary, or solitar, because i have no friends...".
And the constant panting and shirtlessness in general. Just amazing.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-21 12:19:40

People that say it's just an expansion are fucking annoying imo. That's like saying Gears 2 is just an expansion of Gears of War.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-21 13:03:06

At 10/21/10 12:19 PM, AllMightyBruce wrote: People that say it's just an expansion are fucking annoying imo. That's like saying Gears 2 is just an expansion of Gears of War.

Call me annoying, but...
I'm a big Fallout fan (since 3)... and the sad thing is that New Vegas honestly could have just been DLC mod for Fallout 3.

Yeah they implemented a lot of new shit, but a LOT more of it is exactly the same.... and gameplay feels identical.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-21 16:05:14

At 10/21/10 02:46 AM, Jolly wrote: Watch this unboxing.

Fatty made me piss myself.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-21 17:08:23

At 10/21/10 11:49 AM, MrPercie wrote: Blaming the game on the bugs is petty despite it still being annoying.

I dont think there hasent been a recent game that hasent had some bugs and just cuz new vegas must have a lot doesnt make it a bad game.

No, but if I'm paying $60 for something I expect quality and not a headache everytime I boot up my PS3.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-21 23:20:00

Just got it today for PS3. It's pretty buggy and has framerate issues every so often, but is still quite playable. I wouldn't doubt Bethesda will patch up the problems soon like they eventually did with Fallout 3.

Now, back to the game. I'm really enjoying myself. I've started a hardcore playthrough as my first, to really test my Fallout skills. Little did I know there would be so little obvious opportunity to nab some better weapons and equipment. In hardcore mode, sleeping no longer recovers HP. At all. So the only way to get full health is to eat food and drink, pay 50 caps to a doctor, or exhaust your dangerously low stash of stimpaks. I only just got to level 4. I have to say that getting a perk only every other level is annoying. Even if you do level up way faster compared to Fallout 3. I'm in Primm right now, taking out baddies in the hotel. Really starting to get tired of how I only have a decent amount of ammunition for my varmint rifle, and the poorly accurate M9 pistol and SMG. It doesn't look like the trusty hunting rifle makes a return in this game, which sucks.

Does anybody know how and when you can get a house in this game? I'm carrying ammo for dozens of different guns, but only have guns that use three of those ammo types.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-22 00:20:49

At 10/21/10 11:20 PM, Gustavos wrote: Does anybody know how and when you can get a house in this game? I'm carrying ammo for dozens of different guns, but only have guns that use three of those ammo types.

Once you get to Novac you can rent an apartment in the motel. If you kill the Nightkin thats attacking the livestock you'll even get it for free.

Until then, it might be best to stick extra loot in a grave up at the Goodspring cemetary (if only just for the lulz).

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-22 02:52:43

At 10/22/10 12:20 AM, Silverchaos wrote:
Once you get to Novac you can rent an apartment in the motel. If you kill the Nightkin thats attacking the livestock you'll even get it for free.

Novac? That's where I'm heading right now! :D I recently came upon this farm house not far from the burning village of Nipton. It's abandoned and had absolutely no enemies in or around the general area, so I stock crap that I don't need over there. Like my NCR outfit for example. It seems the east part of the map is inhabited by Ceasar's legion. So I'll be using their armor, mostly to avoid a fight. I COULD just play the NCR trooper, but all the random encounters with 2 or 3 Legion soldiers was getting a bit much.

Until then, it might be best to stick extra loot in a grave up at the Goodspring cemetary (if only just for the lulz).

Speaking of which, there's a Goodsprings snowglobe located in one open grave. Supposedly the one you were buried in.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-22 10:13:26

At 10/22/10 12:20 AM, Silverchaos wrote:
At 10/21/10 11:20 PM, Gustavos wrote: Does anybody know how and when you can get a house in this game? I'm carrying ammo for dozens of different guns, but only have guns that use three of those ammo types.

You can also SPOILER (text contained within hyperlink)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-22 10:18:54

Ha, that didn't turn out as I wanted it to. I'll just type it normally.

SPOILER

You can just have Jeannie May Crawford killed by Boone for selling his wife. Then talk to Cliff (the merchant in the dinosaur), and he'll give you the key to the hotel. This method is also nice because you'll get Boone as a companion if you talk to him after killing Jeannie, who is not only powerful, but gives you an awesome perk which highlights enemies for you when you actively aim at them (L2 or LT).

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-22 10:25:18

I must admit it does kind of feel like dlc. I don't mind though, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Though this does mean they have to really innovate next time around.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-22 13:02:27

Met my first Deathclaw yesterday. At level 6 I believe it goes without saying I was scared shitless.

However, when I looked it up VATS its name came up as "Blind Deathclaw", so I thought I could take it and took the shot.

Not even 3 seconds later my companion ED-E was killed, and I didn't last any longer. The moral of the story is, when you see someone you KNOW is stronger than you, listen to your first instinct.

also my first meeting with a Giant Radscorpian went about the same, but only towards my companion. thank god for saves.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-22 15:53:52

Hardcore is dissapointing.
You do need food, water and sleep but you can go for retarded amounts of time without any without suffering from it. Fast travelling has no effect on them.
And ammo has weight, but only 0.001 per round plus you start off with a larger inventory than you did in F3 so it doesn't really effect you at all.

Other than that, this game is full of win.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-22 17:32:58

At 10/22/10 03:53 PM, Jackho wrote: Hardcore is dissapointing.
You do need food, water and sleep but you can go for retarded amounts of time without any without suffering from it. Fast travelling has no effect on them.
And ammo has weight, but only 0.001 per round plus you start off with a larger inventory than you did in F3 so it doesn't really effect you at all.

Other than that, this game is full of win.

Fast traveling does affect your food/water/sleep.

And considering that you can travel with around 1-3000 rounds of amunition total, it does make a difference. Hardcore is the only reason that I'm carrying food or beverages for any reason other than items to sell.

And yes, this game is win.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-22 18:33:22

At 10/22/10 04:01 PM, Silentkat wrote: Has anyone came across that traumatized chick that was raped?

Funny stuff.

Yes. How was it funny?

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-22 21:28:06

I dislike not knowing what missions will negatively effect my reputation in other factions. I do a couple missions for someone only to find a completely different faction with no relation to the quest has an issue with helping me and me and my status with them goes down

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-22 21:32:45

At 10/22/10 06:58 PM, Silentkat wrote: ***SPOILER***

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, Mr.House.

You're going to need a larger spoiler warning space.

In fact, from this point on, any post with a spoiler warning that includes a picture, needs to have enough space for people to avoid the post if they don't want to see it. Not doing so could mean being banned.

And posting multiple spoilers with or without pictures to be an ass can also get you banned.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-22 22:05:40

Ehh, I just played it for a couple of hours. It's pretty good I guess.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-22 22:08:57

I finished this game earlier today and now I'm going to do it again as an unarmed badass known only as the fist of the west star(or the fist of the west because star wouldn't fit). Punching bitches out with boxing gloves is already satisfying .

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-23 00:43:45

I can't say anything about New Vegas cause I haven't played it, but is it just me or is Fallout 3 nothing more than Oblivion with a gun?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-23 02:31:23

I'm three hours in and not too impressed with the story. I'm hoping it's just because I only just started, but if it doesn't get better, I'll be surely disappointed.

+1 Post plx [Dr. Pepper Crew] [Mushroom Dick]

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-23 05:17:30

How many hours long is this game, guys? I need something huge.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-23 05:34:07

At 10/23/10 05:17 AM, phrozonfire wrote: How many hours long is this game, guys? I need something huge.

Let's see, it came out on Tuesday where I am and I've put in about 25 hours doing sidequests, have found maybe half of the locations, and have not yet set foot on the Vegas Strip. Saying this game is huge is an understatement.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-23 05:58:06

I'm really enjoying this game so far. I couldn't care less about the bugs, not that they affect me very much as all I get is a couple framerate issues here and there, because pretty much everything in the game makes up for it.

Currently doing loads of quests as from one conversation with Mr. House I received about 4 quests to do, along with the main story line and any other quests I had at the time. So I'm clearing those up right now and I've just been and gone from Nellis Air Force Base.

I have yet to get a companion but my friend told me yesterday about ED-E who I didn't have enough skill to repair at the time, so I'm going to go back for him because he sounds awesome.

I've yet to encounter a Super Mutant with the exception of the Nightkin which are fucking terrifying, especially the boss guy with the Bumper Sword (which completely buttfucks any robots). Also haven't met a Deathclaw or Giant Radscorpion yet.

Also, I have this weapon that I found on a Legionary that attacked me called a Thermite Lance I think. Basically, it's a melee weapon that you hold down attack to use and just have to touch enemies with to do damage, which brings me to my point: it does 52 damage at low condition and has no ammo. I used it against some Viper Gunslingers and they were all dead within seconds. I think the problem is that the condition goes down rapidly and there aren't many parts anywhere or else it's just ridiculously unfair but awesome at the same time.
Anyone else got one of these?

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-23 09:28:37

Ok, I'm 10 hours in now and I have honestly no idea what the reviews are on about.
I haven't encountered any bugs or glitches at all.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-10-23 11:35:57

At 10/23/10 05:58 AM, ZOMGALIENS wrote: I have yet to get a companion but my friend told me yesterday about ED-E who I didn't have enough skill to repair at the time, so I'm going to go back for him because he sounds awesome.

He's a pretty nice companion. Though his combat is kind of weak (compared to the other companion I have), he acts as a great mobile storage utility. The perk he gives you, Enhance Sensor, is also pretty nice.

Also, Vault 11. Holy shit.

BBS Signature