00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CornerRed just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread.

74,172 Views | 893 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-01 11:54:13

At 11/1/10 10:02 AM, RazorHawk wrote: Anyone know where you can find/buy Fixer? I've been trying to finish that Followers of the Apocalypse quest where you need to save those two junkies from their drug and alcohol addictions and I can't find the stuff anywhere.

Not to mention having some extra after I've loaded up on the Buffout and Psychos wouldn't be such a bad thing either.

That clinic near the Crimson Caravan should have some, or Doc Mitch in Good Springs, Mick and Ralphs, or you could make some if your medicine is high enough I think. Just check all the clinics you can find.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-01 12:04:21

Alright, so I've successfully made it to the New Vegas area, however I can't find the entrance to it. The whole thing seems to be walled off and the only entrance I can find is the entrance to Freeside.

What do?

Current PC: Ryzen 5 3600x, Corsair H100i, 16GB RAM, RX 580 Nitro +

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-01 12:07:46

At 11/1/10 12:04 PM, Eclipse wrote: Alright, so I've successfully made it to the New Vegas area, however I can't find the entrance to it. The whole thing seems to be walled off and the only entrance I can find is the entrance to Freeside.

What do?

You have to go through Freeside to get into Vegas, hire a bodyguard if you're low level.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-01 12:33:22

At 11/1/10 12:07 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: You have to go through Freeside to get into Vegas, hire a bodyguard if you're low level.

The Freeside Thugs are a joke. No need for a bodyguard.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-01 12:41:31

At 11/1/10 10:02 AM, RazorHawk wrote: Anyone know where you can find/buy Fixer? I've been trying to finish that Followers of the Apocalypse quest where you need to save those two junkies from their drug and alcohol addictions and I can't find the stuff anywhere.

Not to mention having some extra after I've loaded up on the Buffout and Psychos wouldn't be such a bad thing either.

Its been a while since I did that quest but I'm pretty sure you can talk them out of their addiction with speech or barter as well as a high enough medicine.

Gamertag: Vajra09

Rank 16 in the Newgrounds Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-01 13:14:23

At 11/1/10 12:33 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:
At 11/1/10 12:07 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: You have to go through Freeside to get into Vegas, hire a bodyguard if you're low level.
The Freeside Thugs are a joke. No need for a bodyguard.

Honestly, this. I took all of them out with my 9mm smg with ease. I'm only like level 7 too. But thanks for the advice Prinzy...now I know where to go so I can get to the Strip :D

Current PC: Ryzen 5 3600x, Corsair H100i, 16GB RAM, RX 580 Nitro +

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-01 13:45:22

So....for some reason, entrance into Vegas was suddenly cut off from me and it said I needed a key to get in. After checking online it turns out this has happened to other people too. The next best way to get inside was apparently using the Monorail at McCarren only...it got destroyed in a previous mission I did. I still go there because I suddenly start hearing people say "We put the monorail back to work!" However upon reaching it, there's still no monorail :(

So the last resort is to attack the robots outside the gate and loot their bodies for the key. This also makes every securitron robot attack you on sight. First time I had to truly go way far out my way to get something done in this game.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-01 15:18:19

At 11/1/10 01:45 PM, 36Holla wrote: So the last resort is to attack the robots outside the gate and loot their bodies for the key. This also makes every securitron robot attack you on sight. First time I had to truly go way far out my way to get something done in this game.

Haha, that's awesome. Do the securitrons inside the Lucky 38 attack you as well?

One thing I did in Boulder City when I attacked the NCR was to sneak up behind them so none of them could see me, then I shot them in the head with a silenced weapon, none of the other NCR troops attacked me even though they were 5 feet from the dead body and 10 feet from me. I just made sure nobody saw me do it.

Might have been worth trying on the bots so you don't have to fight every single one you see, not that they're difficult by any means.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-01 17:53:01

Just wanted to say

LANIUS YOU FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!
!!!!!!!!

but you got a kickass helmet

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-01 18:31:44

So I haven't posted in ages but want to discuss this game badly.

**SPOILERS**

**And maybe unhealthy dose of fallout dedication ;)**
I'm trying to be the "Perfect good guy" do the best for mankind, be loved by as many as possible.

Though after replaying about 4 times. I'm still not sure what road to take.
Mr. House has good intentions but wants to eliminate the NCR which are good guys in my eyes, and also I don't like blowing up the brotherhood of steel. Maybe my judgement is just clouded since Lyons had a whole other view on the brotherhood's intentions but still, technology is important right?

Then there's my own rule, I've actually finished entirely with this option but the power got to my head and I destroyed both NCR and the legion. And then new Vegas became a mess because it lacked leadership. (Apparently I'm not much of a leader.)

Then there's the NCR, they seem to be good guys and want to restore the world to what it used to be, and they will even ally with the brotherhood if you play it right.
Now I'm typing it out the NCR seem to be the best option for mankind, though you might know about a skeleton in the closet?

Tell me what you think, PM me if you like, I'm eager to hear all your suggestionsor experiences on how to play.

I put the FUN in dysfunctional.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-01 19:17:44

I dont know if you guys know this but its what I call the XXX weight cheat

Basicly, theres these crates lying about with XXX on erm that usaully contain drinks but what makes them special than other crates is that you can move erm unlike other boxes which are stuck to the ground (note: some of the XXX crates dont move but there are lots that do).

And the thing is, you can store any crate with unlimted number of items, so if you ever come across one of these crates in the wasteland, you can store them with everything that your gunna sell and carry erm where ever you want. Carrying them is kind a problem but I figure out if you grab erm then start walking backwards, you never drop erm but you may need to hold the camera angle to see where your going incase you run into enemys or off a cliff.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-01 20:11:42

At 11/1/10 03:18 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 11/1/10 01:45 PM, 36Holla wrote: So the last resort is to attack the robots outside the gate and loot their bodies for the key. This also makes every securitron robot attack you on sight. First time I had to truly go way far out my way to get something done in this game.
Haha, that's awesome. Do the securitrons inside the Lucky 38 attack you as well?

Don't know about inside there, but I had to run all the way down the Strip to the NCR headquarters and was getting shot at the entire time. Thankfully my next mission is not being given from the Strip anymore so hopefully no more glitches like that.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-01 22:14:37

am I the only one who is unable to send my companions to lucky 38? All of my friends and everyone I've talked to can send them there but when I talk to my companions the only option when parting ways is for them to just go to their place of origin ( save for Raul )

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-01 23:13:24

LOL The ratslayer has 69 tallymarks on the stock

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-02 00:05:44

At 11/1/10 06:31 PM, Retardead wrote: Now I'm typing it out the NCR seem to be the best option for mankind, though you might know about a skeleton in the closet?

There's nothing particularly wrong with the NCR, they increase the safety of the area due to their presence and provide general relief to the citizens (though not on the level of the Followers of the Apocalypse). Its just that they have a policy of coming into new regions unexpected and forcibly subjugating them, and do it at such a rate that they don't even have the man power to successfully occupy it (notice how all their encampments complain about being understaffed.

All the endings are subjective, but the NCR ending does feel like the Pros outweigh the Cons (pay a small tax, and you won't have Fiends busting down your door and killing/raping everything you own).

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-02 00:39:57

Alright so, I've helped th brotherhood of steel all I can, seeing as how they're the most badass of all. Sadly, even though I've replaced the elder and joined them, there's not much else to do for them. I thought they would roam the wasteland and shut out the NCR, legion, and everyone else. Sadly they aren't a major faction. Seeing as how I'm a good guy, does this really mean I have to join these NCR Jackasses? They're a bunch of washed up ranger wannabes, while the brotherhood are the fucking knights of science.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-02 01:11:14

At 11/2/10 12:39 AM, explodingbunnies wrote: does this really mean I have to join these NCR Jackasses?

Wildcard and House Always Wins, dude.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-02 01:24:24

At 11/2/10 01:11 AM, AllMightyBruce wrote:
At 11/2/10 12:39 AM, explodingbunnies wrote: does this really mean I have to join these NCR Jackasses?
Wildcard and House Always Wins, dude.

But that doesn't include the brotherhood. Forgive me, I'm just gay for the brotherhood of steel and want them to run shit. I guess I'll just join the ranks of the NCR Rangers.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-02 02:30:52

At 11/2/10 01:24 AM, explodingbunnies wrote: But that doesn't include the brotherhood. Forgive me, I'm just gay for the brotherhood of steel and want them to run shit.

I'm thinking if you like them as much as you do that you'll be inclined to do the Wild Card quest then.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-02 11:38:46

At 11/1/10 10:14 PM, fawnret wrote: am I the only one who is unable to send my companions to lucky 38? All of my friends and everyone I've talked to can send them there but when I talk to my companions the only option when parting ways is for them to just go to their place of origin ( save for Raul )

Did you checked your suite? I found Raul there but ED-E seems to be lost...

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-02 13:22:15

Second play through finished, did the Yes Man quests with ease. Legate Lanius is still a bitch to kill, even with power armor and that unique minigun, so I did all the speech checks and avoided the entire battle.

Next time through I think I'm going to go the NCR route with a Benny type character, I might put enough points to use the Silenced .22 SMG so I look like a gangster, but the rest is going on non-combat related skills, just to see how it is.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-03 11:52:18

I don't see why everyone had such a problem killing Lanius, I killed him in about 4 hits with my Ballistic Fists and I only had 15 Unarmed skill.

Haven't played in ages because I've been out a lot but I should be able to play it some time this week.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-03 12:26:53

At 11/3/10 11:52 AM, Snuff wrote: I don't see why everyone had such a problem killing Lanius, I killed him in about 4 hits with my Ballistic Fists and I only had 15 Unarmed skill.

Ill admit, it was easy first time around on very hardcore

But I thought id retry it from an older save and fuck me it was bullshiting me, it wasent him that was the problem (although his melee weapon that kept knocking me back was a bitch) but rather that 10-20 Legion troops out of now where, half of them with Marksman carbines and the other half with displacer fists come charging in. Killed boone and lost so much ammo and health.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-03 20:09:31

At 11/3/10 11:52 AM, Snuff wrote: I don't see why everyone had such a problem killing Lanius, I killed him in about 4 hits with my Ballistic Fists and I only had 15 Unarmed skill.

Lanius just has a really high DR and lots of hit points, even with the CZ57 Avenger and AP ammo I unloaded on him in VATS and it only took off half his health, aiming at his head of course.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-03 23:10:47

I beat the Legate...with my silver tongue. Everything I said to him had the "Bluff" or "Lie" tag attached to it. Just completed my first playthrough last night actually. Over 65 hours total and I didn't even see everything. Gonna be evil as all hell next time around.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-04 09:46:00

At 11/4/10 01:03 AM, Silentkat wrote: Could someone give me tips on how to make them non-hostile?

Well they kept killing me because I killed the King himself. My guess is that you killed someone associated with the kings, if you travel to Good Springs or somewhere remote and wait for 24 hours it should fix it up. But my guess is you killed someone you weren't suppose to.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-04 12:33:53

At 11/4/10 01:03 AM, Silentkat wrote: Hot damn, it's been a while. I've been racking up and focusing on achievements lately and I've got about 600Gs.

I went to The Kings in Freeside, and they apparently hate me now.

I have no idea why, perhaps a glitch? They just constantly shoot at me with .357 magnum revolvers, and it's kind of annoying.

My reputation is fine, not bad at all.

Could someone give me tips on how to make them non-hostile?

There is a guy in the Atomic Wrangler in Freeside who can make your rep better if you donate caps. Only problem is that getting there while being shot at the Kings.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-04 18:47:50

Just started a Hardcore playthrough, which I have to say is prooving to be a bitch.

I almost died fighting a Powder Ganger and two Jackal Gang Members, they crippled one of my arms and I couldn't aim so they got much more hits on me than they would have normally.

I thought I was safe with my Doctor's Bags after I managed to kill them all but found to my dispair, that they heal about 5% of your limbs. Luckily there were two bottles of Hydra nearby which proved invaluable and probably saved my life.

Going to go through the NCR campaign on this one as I'm already doing a Legion one and finished taking over the Strip myself.

Definatly going for the full 1000G before I stop playing this game.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-04 23:11:44

Am I the only person who once Fallout Wiki updates with the codes for unqiues and perks, your immediately whip out your console to make yourself uber.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-05 00:00:42

@Snuff, if you simply apply a Doctor's bag without specifying which body part you want to heal, then it only restores a tiny bit to all parts. However, if you manually select which part to apply the bag to, then it will heal about 50%.