00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

elM4jo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread.

74,177 Views | 893 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-13 23:49:01

At 11/13/10 10:17 PM, Eddmario wrote:
Has anybody else run into the glitch/bug where the entrance to the Strip in Freeside is locked and requires a key?
It didn't do this until I completed Eye for the Blind
Just type in "tcl" into the console and you can no clip through it.
Why do people assume you have the PC version of this game?

Oh same thing happened to me just kill the securitron gatekeepers and they have the key on their bodys

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-13 23:59:45

Hmm... I just ran into the legion as part of the main quest. I killed the winner of "The Lottery" with a 'nade because I thought he won money. Then I walked into town, helped the cripple, and found tons of raiders crucified. Their leader, The one with the dog head, he told me about how the town was corrupt and took money from the legion to help them trap the raiders, so the leigon killed the towwnspeople too.

It all seemed pretty extreme, but it feels like their alot better than the NCR.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-14 05:59:36

At 11/14/10 02:33 AM, Grubby wrote: At least you're pretty buisness-minded, looking for any opportunity to get caps!!!

I have a hard time exchanging weapons for caps, my weight will be maxed out with high end weapons and I can only sell a couple of them. I ended up having to resort to buying regular ammo that I could break down and remake into high end ammo, and I still have shit left over after I visit the Gunrunners, Goodsprings, and Mojave Outpost. Everywhere else I've tried doesn't really have a lot of ammo of caps to make it worth the trip.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-14 07:44:48

At 11/14/10 02:33 AM, Grubby wrote:
At 11/13/10 11:59 PM, NinjaL wrote: Hmm... I just ran into the legion as part of the main quest. I killed the winner of "The Lottery" with a 'nade because I thought he won money.
LOLOLOLOL.

That's heeeckaa funny. ROFL

At least you're pretty buisness-minded, looking for any opportunity to get caps!!!

I killed him because he reminded me of Oliver.

Which was funny as his name was in fact Oliver.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-14 11:04:19

I recieved Fallout New Vegas 2 days after it was released on the PS3. I love this game, however, I'm having a problem. Keep in mind that if you've hardly played the game or haven't played at all, you will be of no help to me, and will find the stuff I say not making much sense. I killed Mr. House, and left Benny to die with Caesar. I let Mr. House upgrade his securitrons with the platinum chip before I took him out though. Yes-Man is now in the Lucky 38 computer system and is helping me take over the strip. I'm working on the Wild Card: Side Bets mission, and only have the Brotherhood of Steel, and White Glove Society to deal with. The NCR, Caesar's Legion, and the Great Kahns don't exactly like me, and I am attacked on sight by the Khans and Caesar's Legion. Well, the quests I currently have left, are in The Strip, however, the door is locked. Even when I have 2,000 caps or more, AND I got the King's permission to go in, but I need a key. I've tried everything to get in, and I'm starting to think it's just a glitch, or a bug. I'm level 29, and if I figure out I've got to restart because of some glitch, I'm going to be incredibly pissed.

Anyone got any advice/help?

Unarguable rebuttal^

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-14 11:08:16

Holy sheeeet vault 34 armory is loaded with goodies.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-14 18:39:03

At 11/14/10 11:04 AM, Metal-Loving-Medic wrote: the door is locked. Even when I have 2,000 caps or more, AND I got the King's permission to go in, but I need a key. I've tried everything to get in, and I'm starting to think it's just a glitch, or a bug. I'm level 29, and if I figure out I've got to restart because of some glitch, I'm going to be incredibly pissed.

Anyone got any advice/help?

Yes that is a bug others have ran into. You have obviously been into the strip before, so it shouldn't be locked. If you don't mind a little securitron fighting, I believe the securitrons guarding the strip entrance have keys. Killed them a while ago before I ever went into the strip, they had keys. (Reloaded game after that though :P) A bit of advice I could give would be to go to Camp Mcarran and take the monorail, but I suppose that won't work for you seeing how you're not in good standing with the NCR. Yea, this game is buggier than a Denny's in New Jersey.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-14 19:12:48

Strip entrance glitch/bug update: If you enter the strip using the monorail, you'll be ale to enter the strip normally again. It could also b that the entrance is locked during a set time.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-14 19:57:01

At 11/13/10 07:56 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I LOVED the ending for ED E, just random beeping, no clue what he said, lol.

Supposedly, if you gave ED-E to the Brotherhood then they create several eyebots to expand their power, while if you gave ED-E to the Followers they spread the tech to help the citizens.

Gamertag: Vajra09

Rank 16 in the Newgrounds Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-14 20:10:02

At 11/14/10 02:31 AM, Grubby wrote: I get my mods from Nexus too, it's the premier mod website for New Vegas. You really don't need a mod manager for the majority of mods, but for some mods that need special "unpacking" or whatever, you need the mod manager.

I ended up downloading the mod manager which has helped some. Thanks for the answer sir.

At 11/14/10 07:57 PM, Silverchaos wrote:
At 11/13/10 07:56 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I LOVED the ending for ED E, just random beeping, no clue what he said, lol.
Supposedly, if you gave ED-E to the Brotherhood then they create several eyebots to expand their power, while if you gave ED-E to the Followers they spread the tech to help the citizens.

I gave him to the Brotherhood....but then I ended up killing the Brotherhood, for NCR. :-(

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-14 21:10:13

At 11/14/10 08:10 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
I gave him to the Brotherhood....but then I ended up killing the Brotherhood, for NCR. :-(

...well, at least ED-E got a shiny new casing.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-15 08:38:12

I have played the game for 5,5 hours. It's AWESOME.

Hello.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-15 12:43:30

So I've already gone through the Legion and Wild Card endings so I decided that with my Wild Card save that I'd go and finish the NCR ending. While I'm doing the last part of the For the Republic quest I'm talking to Moore after getting rid of the BoS and she tells me I have to save Kimball. Which is odd since I've already done this. Since I already have done it, I'm stuck now. She keeps giving me shit about talking to that ranger but he isn't there. I think the game should realize that I've already saved him and just skip that part of the quest like when you skip everything at the start and go straight to the Lucky 38. Kinda lame. Means I have to go back to an older save or start a new game.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-15 14:53:55

At 11/15/10 12:43 PM, AllMightyBruce wrote: Means I have to go back to an older save or start a new game.

That's what I've been doing the whole time is starting new games and making new characters. First two were standard cowboys, guns, repair, sneak, energy weapons. Then I made a gangster for my third play though with high Charisma, enough strength and guns to use a sil.22 SMG, high speech, lockpick, science, repair, and barter. It wasn't totally different, but it was different from the shoot first ask questions later I had been playing.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-15 18:02:13

The fuck was Obsidian thinking when they added invisible walls to the top of mountains. It's a hard thing to adjust to, because I always used to take shortcuts via jumping up and over mountains in Fallout 3. Now I get to the top and the game is like, "Haha, sorry dude, INVISIBLE WALL," and I spend twice the time running around looking for an opening.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-15 18:22:46

At 11/15/10 06:02 PM, Rallard wrote: The fuck was Obsidian thinking when they added invisible walls to the top of mountains.

EXACTLY!

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-15 19:57:04

what the fuck??? ED-E attacks me and Johnson Nash or whatever his name is whenever I go there to pick him up. I like him and don't really want to kill him so wat do???

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-17 16:22:32

At 11/15/10 07:57 PM, Shnam wrote: what the fuck??? ED-E attacks me and Johnson Nash or whatever his name is whenever I go there to pick him up. I like him and don't really want to kill him so wat do???

So I did that mission where you torture hat Legion POW, Silus, at Camp McArran. After I finish it, I realize ED-E isn't following me, and then realize what happened at go back to see him inside the cell with Silus. The only way to get into the cell is if Lt. Boyd lets you in during that mission so I'm like "Well whatever, I still have his perk, but I can't replace him, no biggy" After A LOT of game time, like a fucking month, a message pops up saying he has returned to Primm so I'm like "YAY!" I head back there, enter Nash's place and ED-E starts firing his stupid laser at Nash while he hides behind his desk and Boone made quick of ED-E with the All American Marksman Carbine. I reload the auto-save hoping I can activate ED-E before he goes hostile, but nope. So I took him out again and was like "Fuck it, he's not that great, and I finished his quest my last playthrough, so whatever" Currently this game is buggier than the people in Ethiopia.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-17 19:33:59

Doing the Legion play through with melee and unarmed specialization. Not an easy way to go if you're going against pretty much everyone. My idea of the Legion is good/neutral karma with everybody hating you except the Legion, which results in a lot of quests being failed. I'm having a tough time getting legion quests right now, I'm at Boulder City and I've already handed in 80+ dog tags to the Centurion, spread the word about the Legion in Nipton, and decimated the camp at Hope Forlorn.

Good times hacking and slashing though.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-17 22:48:13

New DLC coming out and it ISNT taking place int he Commonwealth? Come on guys give us Fallout 3 fans a break!

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-18 15:43:24

Holy shit, you guys. I think my Xbox got the Red Ring. From this game.

Hello.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-18 19:48:31

At 11/18/10 03:43 PM, Linktopast wrote: Holy shit, you guys. I think my Xbox got the Red Ring. From this game.

Nonsense, I've played 12 hours straight and never got no rings.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-18 22:26:24

At 11/17/10 10:48 PM, animehater wrote: New DLC coming out and it ISNT taking place int he Commonwealth? Come on guys give us Fallout 3 fans a break!

I heard it will only be for the X Box. Has anyone else heard this? I play on my PC so this makes me a sad panda.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-18 22:47:48

At 11/18/10 10:26 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 11/17/10 10:48 PM, animehater wrote: New DLC coming out and it ISNT taking place int he Commonwealth? Come on guys give us Fallout 3 fans a break!
I heard it will only be for the X Box. Has anyone else heard this? I play on my PC so this makes me a sad panda.

I'm sure it will come out for the PC, eventually. Like all good things.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-18 23:25:56

I finally have my kinky fireman.

Exposed Prostitute outfit, fireman's helmet, and a fire axe or power fist.

Fisto has met his match.

Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-19 08:28:41

At 11/18/10 07:48 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 11/18/10 03:43 PM, Linktopast wrote: Holy shit, you guys. I think my Xbox got the Red Ring. From this game.
Nonsense, I've played 12 hours straight and never got no rings.

Yours must be standing up. Although, I did play a bit today. My Xbox is just fine. Just forget the Red Ring thing.

Hello.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-19 20:14:33

I understand your pain. I'd like to know more about this DLC. How about a Mexican adventure? Or a trip to Area 51 in Arizona?

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-19 22:11:42

I've played 80 hours and still have a lot to do. And the game has only frozen like 2 or 3 times. And one of them wasn't random. It was because I went into the Mojave Outpost bar and started shooting grenades with a grenade rifle. Imagine all these bottles and shit jumping around. Game slowed down and crashed on like the 5th nade.

Also, I am proud to say THAT I KILLED THE GODDAMN LEGENDARY DEATHCLAW IN VERY HARD (WITH HARDCORE MODE ON TOO)!!

With melee too! Ranger Takedown and then stomped in VATS 'til it died, hahahahaha! Its fucking head EXPLODED! Made me so damn happy! (I love the ballistic fist, best god damn weapon ever)

I am lv30 and the thing could kill me in one goddamn hit, hahaha,

I also like how the super mutants aren't retarded now, unlike in FO3. I don't like that the game references FO1 and FO2 so much but pretty sort of ignores FO3, tho. Kinda lame. Bet that the people that have actually played FO1 and FO2 orgasm over it.

I think it's a much better game than FO3. I love this freaky thing.

i deserve death

dont click the link this account is shit and fuck me

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-19 23:02:24

At 11/19/10 10:11 PM, Androu1 wrote: Also, I am proud to say THAT I KILLED THE GODDAMN LEGENDARY DEATHCLAW IN VERY HARD (WITH HARDCORE MODE ON TOO)!!

With melee too! Ranger Takedown and then stomped in VATS 'til it died, hahahahaha! Its fucking head EXPLODED! Made me so damn happy! (I love the ballistic fist, best god damn weapon ever)

First of all, HOT DAMN! You need to post a video of that! Second...

I also like how the super mutants aren't retarded now, unlike in FO3. I don't like that the game references FO1 and FO2 so much but pretty sort of ignores FO3, tho. Kinda lame. Bet that the people that have actually played FO1 and FO2 orgasm over it.

After doing a bit of thinking, I realized that the East Coast Mutants might not all be mindless brutes, Fawkes and Uncle Leo shows that there is a chance to retain intelligence after mutation, its just that showing compasion to humans will outcast you from the other mutants. So several of the mutants you've been fighting might be just as intelligent as humans. Only very angry.

Also, New Vegas does make an occasional reference to FO3 here you there, I even found a copy of the Wasteland Survival Guide, but sadly there isn't much.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2010-11-20 00:03:43

I have not yet played it but I have it in my possession. What I'm wondering is whether or not the pre-order junk is built into the game. My friend said he just started it up and he had everything. When mine arrived, there was no download card so I went to customer services and all that and got a new card. So is it built in or do I have an extra caravan pack card?

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature