00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TalisDM just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread.

74,242 Views | 893 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-01-09 14:00:22

At 1/9/11 11:41 AM, Snuff wrote: I would have thought you'd have hated it by now, but you know, it's a great game.

No, I love it. Not to the caliber of Fallout 3, but it's still a great game. Without any bugs or constant lag and freezing that I'm experiencing, I think it would be in my top 10 favourite games. New Vegas also showed me how much fun Blackjack is.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-01-09 14:28:12

At 1/9/11 02:00 PM, Makeshift wrote: New Vegas also showed me how much fun Blackjack is.

Red Dead Redemption showed me.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-01-09 14:29:41

At 1/9/11 02:28 PM, simon wrote:
At 1/9/11 02:00 PM, Makeshift wrote: New Vegas also showed me how much fun Blackjack is.

I never gambled in Red Dead Redemption.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-01-09 14:40:45

At 1/9/11 02:29 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 1/9/11 02:28 PM, simon wrote:
I never gambled in Red Dead Redemption.

What?! Yeah wait.. me neither, only in poker for the trophy.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-01-09 16:02:05

My bro showed me how much fun it is when I was three years old. And I was pissed when I realized there's no poker in New Vegas. It'd be fine if there were more than just four types of gambling, but even Caravan is more fun than Roulette. And I'd had enough of the slots from playing Pokemon when I was young.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-01-21 00:14:22

Any news on a new DLC?

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-01-21 19:19:56

At 1/21/11 12:14 AM, smeagol1 wrote: Any news on a new DLC?

I haven't managed to find anything.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-01-25 20:43:00

Can't get through the fucking Air Force Base. Goddamn artillery...

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-01-25 20:46:13

At 1/25/11 08:43 PM, TwilightFox wrote: Can't get through the fucking Air Force Base. Goddamn artillery...

I usually just stick to the left wall and run and jump like a motherfucker. Personally I wouldn't even bother with timing each shell and hiding behind cover, I died god knows how many times that way.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-01-26 22:18:41

I really appreciate your help, guys. Took me several tries, but I finally made it through.

On another note, I've gotten the warning "mission" for the NCR, advising me not to continue going along with Yes Man, so I've decided to join the NCR instead. I've done the mission the captain guy gave me at the place with the two giant statues shaking hands. But where do I go to get more missions from them? Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, and I've pre-ordered Skyrim. Since it and NV are both Bethesda games, I thought I might as well mention it here.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-01-30 22:58:08

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-02-04 11:31:35

Dead Money's coming to PS3 February 22!

Still not sure if I'll get it.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-02-04 14:05:29

At 2/4/11 11:31 AM, Makeshift wrote: Dead Money's coming to PS3 February 22!

Still not sure if I'll get it.

It's a very different gameplay style. You're stripped of all your weapons and limited on supplies. There was one point where I was surrounded by six of the "new enemies" (I'll leave them a surprise) trying to take them down with limited weapons.

And if we run outta bullets? Heh, baby, they're gonna wish we hadn't....

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-02-05 22:33:04

Okay, what the hell? I made a new character, without any faction recognition whatsoever, and as soon as I stepped into Nelson, the damn Legion started attacking me. Granted, I killed their asses and got their wicked set of armor, but once I get the mark from their representative at New Vegas, will my rep set back to neutral? I'd like to join them once I get the chance, seeing that my other char was NCR and shit.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-02-06 01:23:38

At 2/5/11 11:31 PM, Soviet wrote:
(Yes, I do a tiny bit of roleplay, the game is 2x funner when you give your character some sort of background!)

I usually make my characters to be like other characters. Like my latest playthrough (#2), I made a female named Ada Wong from the Resident Evil series, and she helps the legion and NCR to a point until she starts working with Yes Man. She's so mysterious and edgy!

The only time I ever roleplayed in New Vegas was my first run with NCR. But modeling a character after myself was not a good idea for a Hardcore run.

I'm thinking about my third run through the game, as a full-fledged Legionarre. Still deciding how the character will act. There will be no Speech. I've relied on Speech far too much so far. I want a warmongering asshole. He'll be uncharismatic and tough. I think I'll sacrifice all of charisma and a little intelligence to beef up his other SPECIAL stats. No need for high intelligence since I'm limiting his stats greatly. I never got to make much use of unarmed, explosives, and survival, so those will be key. Guns will be something to fall back on. I won't start pissing off the NCR until I find a beautiful point to betray them. Like arming ARCHIMEDES at Helios One after reaching level 13 ish. The NCR has some pretty decent side quests, and I can't abandon areas like the Crimson Caravan too soon.

I must be crazy. I'm also considering going through the game on a second Hardcore Run. Being able to heal limbs with stimpaks and one hour of sleep takes out all survival in the barren wasteland.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-02-09 04:14:13

I've just got to Camp McCarran and things seem to be going well. Now I'm just getting weighed down with quests, so if all goes well, I should reach Level 13 or even 14 within a short space of time, before setting foot in the Tops and confronting Benny.

I'm a fast talking gunner (Guns and Energy Weapons 45+) that has been taught a few hard lessons by the Mojave. I will improve myself, by getting a few more quests, just by talking to people, like that Legionary that was held prisoner there.

Perhaps next time, I'll get a complete asshole of a character, who knows?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-02-09 09:46:28

At 2/9/11 04:14 AM, Coop wrote:
I'm a fast talking gunner (Guns and Energy Weapons 45+)

what

Link's hat can defy gravity.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-04-18 01:29:50

Any news about Honest Hearts?

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-05-03 23:27:38

At least the next 3 DLC will be released in the next few months with Honest Hearts coming out May 17th .

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-05-04 00:25:28

Lonesome road will probably be the most epic DLC ever.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-05-04 08:39:37

Honest Hearts is coming in May 17th, Old World Blues is coming somewhere in June and Lonesome Road is coming in July. Maybe you guys find this interesting.Proof

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-05-04 08:39:41

At 5/4/11 12:25 AM, klik wrote: Lonesome road will probably be the most epic DLC ever.

That is the one I want the most because of the batle between Ulysses.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-05-04 15:45:15

Picture of the Burned Man/Joshua Graham's below.

Looking at him here, it's kind of hard to imagine that he's apparently much tougher than Lanius, but that's probably because he isn't wearing a helmet with a beard and he doesn't have a huge sword.

I think he still looks pretty cool, though. I hope he's a really tough fight. I wonder how he'll react if you killed Caesar?

Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-05-04 17:16:36

I hope he can work with you but I have a feeling he will be the main enemy.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-05-04 19:02:31

At 5/4/11 05:16 PM, ToddM wrote: I hope he can work with you but I have a feeling he will be the main enemy.

Maybe he wil start his way as companion and slowly work his way to antagonist like in the original van buren.

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-05-11 18:09:51

The trailer is out now and seems like a good DLC compared to Dead Money.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-05-15 18:33:17

I've put at least 70-80 hours into this game, and I'm not even close to done.

I love Bethesda <3

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-05-15 18:34:48

And I'm still in my first play-through.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-05-16 20:55:49

Anyone getting Honest Hearts tomorrow? I am getting it in the morning and playing it until I need to go to class.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread. 2011-05-18 02:26:00

Got the DLC and beat earlier today. A bit short but great scenary and return of Yao Guai made it much more enjoyable than Dead Money.

BBS Signature