New Topic Respond to this Topic
Backseat-Mod
Backseat-Mod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-29 23:22:02 Reply

Here's a club for all those Guitar Hero addicts out there.

Come here to discuss your favourite songs, characters, guitars, skins, bonus songs, or whatever!

Rules

• No spamming

• You must own a copy of Guitar Hero, and play it.

That's pretty much it.

Here's some links for Guitar Hero fanatics:

Official US Website
Official UK Website
Score Hero - A Guitar Hero score keeping site
Official Guitar Hero forums

And that's it! Feel free to join.

Sargent
Sargent
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-29 23:29:38 Reply

i just beat it in normal and i got half way thru the next level

its a great game i got it for ps2

-only as good as the weakest link-

BBS Signature
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-30 00:32:37 Reply

I have no intention of joining since I don't have it, but here's a little video to go along with your club.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID
Join the party | V NG Archive V |

BBS Signature
Backseat-Mod
Backseat-Mod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-30 00:37:14 Reply

I have beaten it on all levels, and I have 5 starred everything up till Frankenstein on Expert.

=D

StraitJacketSoldier
StraitJacketSoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-30 00:50:47 Reply

i think there is a club or krue that has the same stuff in here dont be surpised if it gets locked cuase succesfull clubs are hard to start or create now....

Backseat-Mod
Backseat-Mod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-30 00:53:25 Reply

At 8/30/06 12:50 AM, GlobalCannible wrote: i think there is a club or krue that has the same stuff in here dont be surpised if it gets locked cuase succesfull clubs are hard to start or create now....

No I checked, no Guitar Hero club/crew!

:D

BlueHippo
BlueHippo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Artist
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-30 01:25:28 Reply

i wanted to start a crew for this months ago. i'm a guitar hero addict, yet my guitar is broken, and im awaiting my new one :( hopefully i can learn alot about guitar hero 2 in this thread, because i want that game so baddly im salivating just thinking about it ;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - : : fart : : bikes: : - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BBS Signature
Backseat-Mod
Backseat-Mod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-30 21:08:54 Reply

At 8/30/06 01:25 AM, Totodile wrote: i wanted to start a crew for this months ago. i'm a guitar hero addict, yet my guitar is broken, and im awaiting my new one :( hopefully i can learn alot about guitar hero 2 in this thread, because i want that game so baddly im salivating just thinking about it ;)

Cool, you can join.

CMON PEOPLE JOIN!

UltimaMage
UltimaMage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-31 09:53:51 Reply

I guess I'll join, is there really gonna be a Guitar Hero 2?

BlueHippo
BlueHippo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Artist
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-31 13:27:04 Reply

At 8/31/06 09:53 AM, UltimaMage wrote: I guess I'll join, is there really gonna be a Guitar Hero 2?

oh heck yes. you'd better believe it!

US: November 7, 2006
Europe: November 30, 2006

some teasers located here to get you ready to rock :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - : : fart : : bikes: : - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BBS Signature
life
life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-31 13:33:29 Reply

I love that game! I got it the first day I saw it in best buy. I have everysong beaten with 5 stars, except the face melters, and a few bonus tracks on expert.

Here's the confirmed songs so far for GH2:

War Pigs (Black Sabbath)
Who Was in My Room Last Night (Butthole Surfers)
Arterial Black (Drist)
Strutter (KISS)
John the Fisherman (Primus)
Psychobilly Freakout (Reverend Horton Heat)
YYZ (Rush)
You Really Got Me (Van Halen)
Trippin on a Hole in a Paper Heart (Stone Temple Pilots)
Madhouse (Anthrax)
Shout at the Devil (Motley Crue)
The New Black (Every Time I Die)
Killing in the Name (Rage Against the Machine)
Sweet Child of Mine (Guns'n'Roses)
Freebird (Lynyrd Skynyrd)

Has anyone played any of the secret songs in GH1?

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature
BlueHippo
BlueHippo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Artist
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-31 13:51:39 Reply

At 8/31/06 01:33 PM, dave wrote: Has anyone played any of the secret songs in GH1?

yes i've actually played all of them. there are some quite silly songs, and i found a couple that i really enjoy. i can't think of the names of all the song's i like though :(

if you want to be lame, and play all the bonus songs, go to the title menu screen and press YOBBOYY (letters stands for the colors) and that will unlock everything.

also, is it just me, or does anyone else have the guitar hero soundtrack on their ipod? ^_^

BBS Signature
WilliWowza
WilliWowza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-31 13:54:39 Reply

Aww I'm so in, the other day I finally completed Ace of Spades on Hard, still trying to do No One Knows, but the chords come really fast on the chorus and I lose timing

Anyway, I can't wait for 2 to come out

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.
Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature
life
life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-31 14:03:27 Reply

At 8/31/06 01:51 PM, Totodile wrote:
At 8/31/06 01:33 PM, dave wrote: Has anyone played any of the secret songs in GH1?
yes i've actually played all of them. there are some quite silly songs, and i found a couple that i really enjoy. i can't think of the names of all the song's i like though :(

if you want to be lame, and play all the bonus songs, go to the title menu screen and press YOBBOYY (letters stands for the colors) and that will unlock everything.

No, no, no! I'm not talking about the bonus tracks. I'm talking about the two hidden songs. (Graveyard shift, and Trippolette)

also, is it just me, or does anyone else have the guitar hero soundtrack on their ipod? ^_^

I would if I had an ipod. :)

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature
BlueHippo
BlueHippo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Artist
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-31 14:08:47 Reply

At 8/31/06 02:03 PM, dave wrote: No, no, no! I'm not talking about the bonus tracks. I'm talking about the two hidden songs. (Graveyard shift, and Trippolette)

woah :0 did not know about those two, so i decided to head on over to the wiki :P

saddly i don't have a recent gameshark. but now that i know there's two more songs in the game.... oh man. this news is delicious, thank you dave :P something small to keep me happy till november ;)

BBS Signature
life
life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-31 14:13:07 Reply

At 8/31/06 02:08 PM, Totodile wrote:
At 8/31/06 02:03 PM, dave wrote: No, no, no! I'm not talking about the bonus tracks. I'm talking about the two hidden songs. (Graveyard shift, and Trippolette)
woah :0 did not know about those two, so i decided to head on over to the wiki :P

saddly i don't have a recent gameshark. but now that i know there's two more songs in the game.... oh man. this news is delicious, thank you dave :P something small to keep me happy till november ;)

I don't have a gameshark either, but you can see a video of the Newgrounds user armbar playing trippolette expert on Youtube. My god, he's fucking insane! Let me get the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_BgqlcCPF4

Jesus, I just watched it again.

BBS Signature
Backseat-Mod
Backseat-Mod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-31 20:24:03 Reply

Cool we have a lot of joiners!

What's everyones favourite bonus song? Even Rats FTW.

dark-fox
dark-fox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-31 20:29:20 Reply

i made a post just like this. why did mine get deleted!!

If anyone wants an invite to a site that gives you free stuff I got's it:
http://superpoints.com/refer/darkfo x777

BBS Signature
life
life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-31 20:33:33 Reply

At 8/31/06 08:24 PM, -Flynt- wrote: Cool we have a lot of joiners!

What's everyones favourite bonus song? Even Rats FTW.

I'de have to go with Cheat on the Church by Graveyard BBQ. At first it sounds like a dumb metal song, but then it hits you with awesome chords and notes. The best part is in the middle with the alternating theme. Here's a video of if you haven't unlocked that song yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaHSa0mDHu4

Even rats comes in a close second, along with Ready to Roxx trailing at third. They stand out among the othes because they're so different.

Here's the part of Cheat on the church that's my favorite (sorry for low quality):

Guitar Hero Gang

BBS Signature
MetalDart
MetalDart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-31 20:35:16 Reply

At 8/29/06 11:22 PM, -Flynt- wrote: Here's a club for all those Guitar Hero addicts out there.

I hate you right now starting this before I did. >:U
Still, I have to join!!! :D

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777
http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.
My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature
BlueHippo
BlueHippo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Artist
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-08-31 21:29:37 Reply

At 8/31/06 08:33 PM, dave wrote: I'de have to go with Cheat on the Church by Graveyard BBQ. At first it sounds like a dumb metal song, but then it hits you with awesome chords and notes. The best part is in the middle with the alternating theme. Here's a video of if you haven't unlocked that song yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaHSa0mDHu4

wow, that was quite impressive!

Even rats comes in a close second, along with Ready to Roxx trailing at third. They stand out among the othes because they're so different.

its ROKK not ROXX, several friends of mine have seemed to get that confused :P

my friend Mark and i really enjoy playing Anarchy Club - Behind The Mask. it's a simple song, nothing too complex, and we just enjoy it. I don't know if i'd go as far to say it's my favorite though. we would always make beginners play The Breaking Wheel on hard, and sit back and laugh at them, that's always good fun :D Cavemen Rejoyce is just a damn silly song, and we love that one. I also enjoy the end of Even Rats :)

BBS Signature
Backseat-Mod
Backseat-Mod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-09-01 01:48:48 Reply

I hate the sound of Graveyard BBQ, but it's pretty challenging. The Breaking Wheel is CRAZY, too. Right now my friend just failed at Cowboys From Hell on Hard...

..fucking loser..

BlueHippo
BlueHippo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Artist
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-09-01 01:58:19 Reply

hey, just checking, how many of you guys have played on two player? the two player experience is SO much fun, much more fun than just one player. most people i know who have the game have only played one player. if this is the case, then go out and buy a second guitar ASAP. i'm telling you, we had non-stop guitar hero parties for two weeks at my house, where we would take turns. it sucked because i was too good for them, and they would be like "no play on medium!" ug. i hate medium. it's so slow....

yes yes, two players is a godsend. try it today ;)

BBS Signature
Backseat-Mod
Backseat-Mod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-09-01 03:12:38 Reply

At 9/1/06 01:58 AM, Totodile wrote: hey, just checking, how many of you guys have played on two player? the two player experience is SO much fun, much more fun than just one player. most people i know who have the game have only played one player. if this is the case, then go out and buy a second guitar ASAP. i'm telling you, we had non-stop guitar hero parties for two weeks at my house, where we would take turns. it sucked because i was too good for them, and they would be like "no play on medium!" ug. i hate medium. it's so slow....

yes yes, two players is a godsend. try it today ;)

I know what you mean, I tried it, but I only have one controller so I had to use the dualshock, lol. I called Walmart and EBGames and they don't have the guitars! WHERE DO I GET IT!!?!

By the way, yeah I hate how everyone is worse at this game than I am.. It sucks.

Backseat-Mod
Backseat-Mod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-09-01 03:23:57 Reply

At 9/1/06 01:58 AM, Totodile wrote: and they would be like "no play on medium!" ug. i hate medium. it's so slow....

Oh yeah and BTW, GH2 will have the option of having different difficulties for each person on 2-player :D

It's all here in this pamphlet.

To be honest, I think they should have added more to GH2, instead of the same characters and everything, there needs to be more than only like 2 new ones. Also, the 2 things that would be totally outrageous would be to have online play, (wouldn't work, too much lag,) and a create-a-rocker mode. That would rock so much cock it wouldn't be funny.

Backseat-Mod
Backseat-Mod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-09-01 17:36:00 Reply

In case anyone is interested, I need an AS'er for my upcoming Guitar Hero - Flash Edition game. Visit this thread.

deus-ex-machina
deus-ex-machina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-09-01 18:54:06 Reply

Man I wish they would realease GH for Xbox, I want to play it so bad. :(

Metal Hell
You are what you eat, you filthy cannibal.

BBS Signature
BlueHippo
BlueHippo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Artist
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-09-01 18:59:56 Reply

At 9/1/06 05:36 PM, -Flynt- wrote: In case anyone is interested, I need an AS'er for my upcoming Guitar Hero - Flash Edition game. Visit this thread.

awesome! i wish i could do action script, i would more than happily code this game! saddly all i have to offer are my animation skills :(

At 9/1/06 06:54 PM, Jombo wrote: Man I wish they would realease GH for Xbox, I want to play it so bad. :(

they have it in some arcades. it's not as popular as DDR right now, but if you live in a big city, check your local arcade, i'm sure they'll have it!

BBS Signature
Backseat-Mod
Backseat-Mod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-09-02 19:37:58 Reply

At 9/1/06 06:59 PM, Totodile wrote:
At 9/1/06 05:36 PM, -Flynt- wrote: In case anyone is interested, I need an AS'er for my upcoming Guitar Hero - Flash Edition game. Visit this thread.
awesome! i wish i could do action script, i would more than happily code this game! saddly all i have to offer are my animation skills :(

If something comes up, I'll contact you!

Backseat-Mod
Backseat-Mod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2006-09-04 17:24:17 Reply

"Arterial Black" - Drist (original track as a bonus song)
"Beast and the Harlot" - Avenged Sevenfold
"Can't You Hear Me Knocking?" - The Rolling Stones
"Crazy on You" - Heart
"Free Bird" - Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Heart-Shaped Box" - Nirvana
"Jessica" - The Allman Brothers Band
"John The Fisherman" - Primus (original track)
"Laid To Rest" - Lamb of God
"Madhouse" - Anthrax
"Message in a Bottle" - The Police
"Misirlou" - Dick Dale
"Psychobilly Freakout" - The Reverend Horton Heat
"Shout at the Devil" - Mötley Crüe
"Strutter" - KISS
"Surrender" - Cheap Trick
"Sweet Child O' Mine" - Guns N' Roses
"Tattooed Love Boys" - The Pretenders
"Them Bones" - Alice in Chains
"Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight" - Spinal Tap
"Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart" - Stone Temple Pilots
"War Pigs" - Black Sabbath
"Who Was in My Room Last Night?" - The Butthole Surfers
"You Really Got Me" - The Kinks, as performed by Van Halen
"YYZ" - Rush

MORE SONGS ADDED! THIS IS AWESOME! SPINAL TAP!!! MISIRLOU!! CRAZY ON YOU!!