Be a Supporter!
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 1 month ago Reply

At 7/18/14 10:45 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: I watched all three seasons of Black Lagoon.

Pretty good stuff, although Roberta's Blood Trail was convoluted as all fuck.

I haven't been able to see Roberta's Blood Trail, but Black Lagoon is awesome. I would have bought Roberta's Blood Trail a while ago, but I've only seen it on Blu Ray and not DVD.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
SithCorduroy
SithCorduroy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover

At 7/19/14 08:26 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 7/18/14 10:45 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: I watched all three seasons of Black Lagoon.

Pretty good stuff, although Roberta's Blood Trail was convoluted as all fuck.
I haven't been able to see Roberta's Blood Trail, but Black Lagoon is awesome. I would have bought Roberta's Blood Trail a while ago, but I've only seen it on Blu Ray and not DVD.

The set I have has both a Blu-Ray and dvd disc.

It's this one.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff

At 7/20/14 01:46 AM, SithCorduroy wrote: The set I have has both a Blu-Ray and dvd disc.

It's this one.

Oh, it's a combo pack? They should have made that clear.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
DM692
DM692
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile

Just finished up Blood+, really liked most of the characters in that one. Both the antagonists and protagonists are written well, and there was lots of cool locales and plots. The last episode was super-duper.

Going to watch Black Lagoon next, as I've heard so much about it and it seems pretty cool.

BBS Signature
DM692
DM692
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile

At 7/21/14 09:13 PM, DM692 wrote: Going to watch Black Lagoon next, as I've heard so much about it and it seems pretty cool.

Uuunnnhhhh, 11 minutes in and this show makes me wish I was a pirate so bad.

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer

At 7/21/14 10:05 PM, DM692 wrote:
At 7/21/14 09:13 PM, DM692 wrote: Going to watch Black Lagoon next, as I've heard so much about it and it seems pretty cool.
Uuunnnhhhh, 11 minutes in and this show makes me wish I was a pirate so bad.

You should watch the rest of the series. I've seen it myself and it's pretty damn good.

Also, this is one of the very few anime where all the women in it are bad ass.

Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer

After reading the info regarding the closest thing we'll ever get to a completed version of the final arc of "Cyborg 009" manga story, if it gets adapted in anime (picking up after the cliff hanger in the 2001 series), how much content in the climatic battle do you think they will keep in?

It looked a bit like a cross between the later half of Saint Seiya and Space Runaway Ideon - Be Invoked! so it tells you what you might get in that arc.

With that said, 006 really made a huge mess.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 3 weeks ago Reply

I finished Trigun today. I went into it blind, not knowing what to expect. It was a nice watch, something a little more serious than what I've seen lately.

Dora Revolution | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
Indeks
Indeks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Anime Club 3 weeks ago Reply

Can i join

Dzemal Cobic (Indeks)

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2 weeks ago Reply

So I've been re watching the only good funimation dub, Dragon Ball Z, and realized how they fucked up with the soundtrack, I'm not sure if I'm watching a different version, or they did fuck up because I don't remember this music when goku went ssj1. Anyone know what's up, and can they send me a hd link to watch the one with the good ost?

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!////You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff

At 8/1/14 04:20 PM, darkjam wrote: So I've been re watching the only good funimation dub, Dragon Ball Z

Aren't these all dubbed by FUNimation?

Blue Gender
Darker Than Black
Hellsing Ultimate
Case Closed/Detective Conan
Desert Punk
Space Dandy
FMA Brotherhood

Cuz those dubs were just fine.

And I've heard mostly good things from people who watched the Black Lagoon dub, though I've only seen it subbed (I rub Lebby's Engurish).

and realized how they fucked up with the soundtrack, I'm not sure if I'm watching a different version, or they did fuck up because I don't remember this music when goku went ssj1. Anyone know what's up, and can they send me a hd link to watch the one with the good ost?

I dunno which music you're hearing. You could be watching DBZ Kai or maybe you're watching the one with music by Bruce Faulconer.

You're watching it wrong if you're not watching the Ocean dub from the beginning up until the Frieza saga and then switching over to 90's FUNimation dub.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer

At 8/1/14 08:22 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Blue Gender
Darker Than Black
Hellsing Ultimate
Case Closed/Detective Conan
Desert Punk
Space Dandy
FMA Brotherhood
Cuz those dubs were just fine.

Only ever watched Blue Gender and Hellsing Ultimate from that list, they were alright in my eyes.

I dunno which music you're hearing. You could be watching DBZ Kai or maybe you're watching the one with music by Bruce Faulconer.

You're watching it wrong if you're not watching the Ocean dub from the beginning up until the Frieza saga and then switching over to 90's FUNimation dub.

Watch the link in my previous post and go to the bit where Krillin dies, then you'll see, I know that's not Faluconer's work, I even checked the Future Trunks scene, his music wasn't there, just silence.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!////You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer

At 8/2/14 10:06 AM, darkjam wrote:
At 8/1/14 08:22 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: You're watching it wrong if you're not watching the Ocean dub from the beginning up until the Frieza saga and then switching over to 90's FUNimation dub.
Watch the link in my previous post and go to the bit where Krillin dies, then you'll see, I know that's not Faluconer's work, I even checked the Future Trunks scene, his music wasn't there, just silence.

This is the dub I'm looking for but I just can't find it.

BBS Signature
crunchyfun1
crunchyfun1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate

At 3/21/03 07:16 PM, LLStarks wrote: This is a call for all anime fans of Newgrounds... Do not despair there is a place where you can share and express your thoughts and discuss anime... This club isn't limited only to anime. Manga, hentai, doujin, OVAs, OSTs, and videogame discussion is also encouraged.

Hallo! Can I join?? Anime is life... :D

Gratata :D

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff

At 7/29/14 09:42 AM, Indeks wrote: Can i join
At 8/2/14 11:00 AM, crunchyfun1 wrote: Hallo! Can I join?? Anime is life... :D

There's no initiation or whatever anymore. We used to list our favorite anime and choose an anime character to represent us, any already taken by other users being unavailable. We even had an updated list on another site of who was who. We don't do that now, though. Just post.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
BandolXD
BandolXD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer

Oh, don't need to become a member ? Who are watching Shingeki no Kyojin ?

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff

At 8/5/14 06:43 AM, BandolXD wrote: Oh, don't need to become a member ? Who are watching Shingeki no Kyojin ?

If you mean Attack on Titan, I was DVRing it and have been meaning to watch it. I only watched the first two episodes so far.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
BandolXD
BandolXD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer

At 8/5/14 01:19 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 8/5/14 06:43 AM, BandolXD wrote: Oh, don't need to become a member ? Who are watching Shingeki no Kyojin ?
If you mean Attack on Titan, I was DVRing it and have been meaning to watch it. I only watched the first two episodes so far.

That was cool :D ! Somehow, I just watch it in Anime Sites.

MG-Arts
MG-Arts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Anime Club 7 days ago Reply

Hey :)
I'd like to join!

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 6 days ago Reply

At 8/6/14 05:57 AM, BandolXD wrote:
At 8/5/14 01:19 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
That was cool :D ! Somehow, I just watch it in Anime Sites.

I stream stuff sometimes. There's a site I like for watching anime on my phone.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature