00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kitchenlover99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

771,614 Views | 18,869 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-06 14:46:46

At 3/5/09 11:23 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/5/09 09:52 AM, Piromano wrote: So, today, I'm 20.
Happy birthday and welcome to the third decade of your life.

Thanks!
Hope I enjoy it.

5 years ago I was thinking of myself in a different way. I though of myself living alone, with a work and studying.
It seems a bit too soon to have your own place, but you're more likely to do something over the next 5 years. Despite what I've said, I'd love to move out of this house as soon as I can, even if I'm not in my 20s yet.

Yeah, it's hard to find a place here. Also, very expensive, and it's very hard to work and study

At 3/5/09 03:17 PM, Coop83 wrote:
Oh and happy birthday Piromano.

Thanks Coop

At 3/5/09 05:23 PM, NEVR wrote:
Happy birthday, welcome to the 20+ club.

Thanks
20+ club. Population: 4 :P

At 3/5/09 06:07 PM, BareNakedMike wrote:
Happy birthday and welcome to the roarin' 20s.

Thanks!

I still can't believe how much changes in 5 years.

Yeah, and time runs fast

At 3/5/09 08:56 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
Happy quarter of a way through your life!

Thanks BBM!

At 3/5/09 09:01 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 3/5/09 09:52 AM, Piromano wrote:
CHEERS GUYS!!!
I hope you had a happy birthday Piro, and that is an awesome caek.

Thanks, and yes, the cake is really awesome

At 3/5/09 11:52 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Happy Birthday Piromano, have a good one.

Thanks. And I really enjoyed it, yes

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-06 16:57:20

Pulling two consecutive all-nighters to get my coursework finished was not only a bad idea at the time, but has had lasting effects on my sleeping patterns. I woke up at 9:00pm today, and as I wake up I have friends knocking on my door telling me that I'm coming out with them tonight (I was given no choice in the matter).

So now I have like half an hour before I'm going out, after just having woken up.

I hate my sleeping patterns.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-06 17:58:51

At 3/6/09 08:55 AM, Coop83 wrote: 6) No more than 5 phases of possession are allowed before a kick is employed - we seem to think this has been done elsewhere before successfully.

I lol'ed.

The fairy said 'Tough luck. Now that you are English, you're entitled to FUCK ALL!'

LOL! Must send this one on.

Finally, one for the fans of Michael O'Leary and Ryanair:

If i did manage to get out of that plane alive, i would kill the CEO of that company. Twice.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-06 19:23:10

At 3/6/09 08:55 AM, Coop83 wrote: Finally, one for the fans of Michael O'Leary and Ryanair:

lol, i actually use Ryanair on the few trips back to the UK i take. It's true, they make the prices look so low, then the charge you on everything else >:(

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-06 21:10:32

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-06 23:49:24

At 3/6/09 09:10 PM, Life-Stream wrote: This deserves discussion.

If I remember correctly facebook and other places are helping the library of congress digitize books by integrating words that aren't able to be automatically digitized by the scanners at the LOC by sending jarbled words to their security features.

you get two random words that the LOC's computers couldn't figure out. Facebook makes sure you're not a robot, and the LOC gets free readers for their words so they can better digitize a larger selection of their hard copies of material, thus making things more accessible to the public.

Since some words are super hard to figure out compared to others, if enough people who get the same word skip it or there's no real consensus on what word it is, it is sent to an expert, but for the most part I hear it's working very well.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-07 00:52:34

You should try and shutdown facebook with that.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-07 07:01:37

At 3/6/09 11:49 PM, Malachy wrote:

That's pretty funny and all, but...

If I remember correctly facebook and other places are helping the library of congress digitize books by integrating words that aren't able to be automatically digitized by the scanners at the LOC by sending jarbled words to their security features.

Does this mean that the US Government supports female abuse? :P

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-07 08:35:05

I really hate it when I hit any parts of my body to any hard objects, most especially today when I hit my foot really hard to the drawer by mistake after getting up to answer the door. It's been hurting for a few hours now, but it should settle down soon enough.

I'll admit, I got a laugh from that.

At 3/6/09 11:49 PM, Malachy wrote:

Does that mean less of the xy8Qf9 crap? If so, then good. I hate having to type in random characters for these verifications, most especially when the font's unreadable.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-08 13:15:33

At 3/6/09 11:49 PM, Malachy wrote: but for the most part I hear it's working very well.

That's a good idea i guess. And it's not very probable that a wierd/funny 2 word combination like that comes out very often; i guess i got lucky :D

At 3/7/09 12:52 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: You should try and shutdown facebook with that.

lol, i don't think i'd get very far with that.

At 3/7/09 08:35 AM, Bahamut wrote: Does that mean less of the xy8Qf9 crap? If so, then good. I hate having to type in random characters for these verifications, most especially when the font's unreadable.

Yeah, i hate the random letters and numbers aswell. I prefer proper words, even if they do tempt me to beat my wife

Joke :P

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-08 15:08:31

It's only 7pm here but I feel like it's 2am or something. I woke up at 4am today, so I've been up for a while by this point.

It wouldn't be so bad, but ALL my flatmates are on literally the opposite sleeping pattern to me; they go to bed by the time I'm waking up, and vice versa. :(

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-08 15:10:16

Happy Belated Birthday Piromano!

I wish i had known earlier as i would have surprised you but next year i guess :)

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-08 15:34:31

At 3/8/09 03:10 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: Happy Belated Birthday Piromano!

I wish i had known earlier as i would have surprised you but next year i guess :)

No problem my friend. And thanks

Anyone here have a Blog?

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-09 01:46:35

So, my weekend was epicwin. Went to the drive-in movies with friends, with a convoy of ute's, sat in the tray and watched the movies like that. Watched The Unborn and Role Models. Followed up with a stop at the M4 mc donald's, where we ate at like, 12 in the morning, my friend got a 'short black' from there, which was nothing like a real short black, and so we decided to put sweet and sour sauce in it. We drank it, and it tasted horrible. I shall upload the video of it later.

How was everyone elses weekend.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-09 08:20:21

At 3/9/09 01:46 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:

Mine was boring. Spent it sorting out my sleeping patterns... so meh. :(

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-09 08:27:44

My band got our second song done. 8 minutes of evil Doomy goodness :).

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-09 09:27:03

At 3/8/09 01:15 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Yeah, i hate the random letters and numbers aswell. I prefer proper words, even if they do tempt me to beat my wife

Poor Mrs. Life-Stream. :P

At 3/8/09 03:34 PM, Piromano wrote: Anyone here have a Blog?

If you mean LiveJournal or Blogspot, then nope, the only blogging I do is my news posts.

Like I said a while ago, I hurt my foot really bad on Saturday and it's been hurting since. Fortunately, it doesn't hurt much now, so I expect to have no problems with walking tomorrow, which is a good thing since I have an interview then. Besides playing PS1 games and watching through the first season of Batman: The Animated Series, that's about it for my weekend.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-10 23:44:48

I have a lot of time on my hands.. I wanna do something more than work and play WoW, any thoughts?

<33

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-10 23:44:49

At 3/10/09 11:22 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: I think everyone has a blog, nowadays.

I don't, why would I want the world to care about what I'm doing, feeling, going to do or whatever? Why anyone craves such attention is beyond me.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-11 05:18:32

At 3/10/09 11:44 PM, Lotus wrote: I have a lot of time on my hands.. I wanna do something more than work and play WoW, any thoughts?

Well, first of all, you can uninstall WoW, since it's more addictive than Crack-Cocaine.

Other than that, I'd suggest learning to play a musical instrument, or attempting to write a story - it really helps to be creative.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-11 05:20:37

At 3/10/09 11:44 PM, Nev wrote:
At 3/10/09 11:22 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: I think everyone has a blog, nowadays.
I don't, why would I want the world to care about what I'm doing, feeling, going to do or whatever? Why anyone craves such attention is beyond me.

My facebook status serves as that, i give my friends a few laughs when i post that im to early for uni, doing nothing. But i love when people post the same thing every 5 minutes because nobody is commenting on it.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-11 05:24:50

At 3/10/09 11:44 PM, Lotus wrote: I have a lot of time on my hands.. I wanna do something more than work and play WoW, any thoughts?

Well what i do when i get alot of free time is i play my 360 and write short stories and poetry sometimes.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-11 05:41:58

At 3/11/09 05:24 AM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote:
Well what i do when i get alot of free time is i play my 360 and write short stories and poetry sometimes.

How long were you gone for again?

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-11 07:46:56

Strained my hamstring yesterday in Tae Kwon Do. It's really fucking hard to walk now without limping along like a cripple.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-11 07:48:35

At 3/11/09 05:41 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: How long were you gone for again?

I think i was gone almost a whole year. But i cant really be for sure about that but i know it was for a pretty good while.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-11 09:25:19

At 3/11/09 07:46 AM, NEVR wrote: Strained my hamstring yesterday in Tae Kwon Do. It's really fucking hard to walk now without limping along like a cripple.

So do I need to bring a shopping trolley to the meet in order to get you to the bowling place?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-11 09:55:09

At 3/11/09 09:25 AM, Coop83 wrote: So do I need to bring a shopping trolley to the meet in order to get you to the bowling place?

Haha, first I need to book my fucking ticket...

Any ideas on the best people to go with? I looked at National Express coaches but wasn't sure on which station to go from in London.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-11 10:31:54

Welcome back I-Love-Caitlyn

So today, I passed to third yer of Medicine. It feels great. I'm so happy right now :)

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-11 10:38:30

I didn't get the apprentice job for the two places I applied to a while ago. Of course, I feel like complete shit right now.

At 3/10/09 11:22 PM, DaSadGirl wrote:
At 3/9/09 09:27 AM, Bahamut wrote:
If you mean LiveJournal or Blogspot, then nope, the only blogging I do is my news posts.
I think everyone has a blog, nowadays. Not back then where it was a bit more rare. I don't find LiveJournal that useful, anymore.

Heh, I stopped using LiveJournal ages ago after how much trouble my account caused. I did create another LiveJournal after, but the idea of keeping an archive of stories flopped, especially when I starting posting journals often on deviantART and then Newgrounds when the redesign was launched.

At 3/11/09 05:18 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Well, first of all, you can uninstall WoW, since it's more addictive than Crack-Cocaine.

This. I was going to give WoW another chance, but then I remembered the addiction problems and uninstalled the game right away. The most I did was create a shitty character and then poof, the game was off the computer. The funny thing is, Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing has stayed on this laptop a hell lot longer than WoW did. XD

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-11 17:19:31

At 3/11/09 09:55 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 3/11/09 09:25 AM, Coop83 wrote: So do I need to bring a shopping trolley to the meet in order to get you to the bowling place?
Haha, first I need to book my fucking ticket...

Any ideas on the best people to go with? I looked at National Express coaches but wasn't sure on which station to go from in London.

They go from London Victoria. About 5 minutes walk down the road from Victoria, to be specific.

BBS Signature