00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mxntjam just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

775,561 Views | 18,869 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-01 17:19:37

At 3/1/09 03:11 PM, Coop83 wrote: Bottom l,ine is I'm out of a car again :(

What kinda dodgy mechanics you go to?

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-01 18:25:31

At 3/1/09 04:43 PM, Piromano wrote:
At 3/1/09 03:11 PM, Coop83 wrote: My car has died on me again.
Shit man. Sucks...

Well, the pedal box has got to be replaced now and I've got to bear it until that's done to get my car back on the road.

At 3/1/09 05:19 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
What kinda dodgy mechanics you go to?

I wouldn't say he's a dodgy mechanic - he was recommended to me by a friend of the family. He went for the cheap option, which I haven't paid for, since it didn't work. Now the welds that held the box together fell apart again, he'll do the job properly and I'll be back on the road. Simple.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-02 03:55:47

At 3/1/09 02:37 AM, Lotus wrote: Anyways, how's everyone been as of late?

Not to bad, started university, much excitement/stress.

Its like breaking both your legs. You can still get around to where you want to go, its just gonna take a lot longer then usual. Bad luck, and hopefully it gets fixed this time around.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-02 08:00:56

At 2/28/09 11:16 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 2/28/09 04:48 PM, Bahamut wrote: I actually wonder how much music you have.
Blank post

Ah, that's roughly 1.5x the amount I have and I have roughly 4000 tracks.

At 3/1/09 02:37 AM, Lotus wrote: Anyways, how's everyone been as of late?

Pretty good. I've got an interview for one place on Friday and possibly another a week tomorrow and I have a really good feeling about these two places. My job hunting may finally come to an end. :)

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-02 13:42:05

Girls= Stress, hope, love, hate, disappointment, depression, compassion, and a splendid mix of heaven and hell at times.

Fucking shit, I need some wholesome offensive bs, or some good talk to cheer me up.

Who's game?

<33

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-03 05:02:47

At 3/2/09 01:42 PM, Lotus wrote: Girls= Stress, hope, love, hate, disappointment, depression, compassion, and a splendid mix of heaven and hell at times.

I know exactly what you mean man. But that's where the old (and very true) saying comes from: 'Women, you can't live with them and you can't live without them'.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-03 06:46:25

Wait, what do i see here? A SHAMELESS PLUG FOR SUPPORT FOR MY NEXT GUITAR?

Ok, now that's done, if i do make another guitar, i need ideas on how to incorporate it to be 'Newgrounds themed'.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-03 07:06:57

At 3/3/09 06:46 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Ok, now that's done, if i do make another guitar, i need ideas on how to incorporate it to be 'Newgrounds themed'.

Somehow make the body bit in the tank shape, and the finger board thingy can be the tanks turret.

Or you could just make a normal guitar and put 'newgrounds.com' on it o_o

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-03 07:36:29

Maybe a tank scratchplate... thats got to be easier than tank inlays.
But something like that would be good. And maybe the grey and yellow colour scheme. You could perhaps try and add the city silhouette thing around the bottom edge or something. That'd be a snazzy finish.

Ooh, the fret inlays could be the little emoticons that you can add to your post.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-03 08:05:38

At 3/2/09 03:55 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
Its like breaking both your legs. You can still get around to where you want to go, its just gonna take a lot longer then usual. Bad luck, and hopefully it gets fixed this time around.

I wouldn't call losing 5 mph off my average speed and maybe 30 mph off my top speed as being that big a problem. I've got to remember to fill up with unleaded again, rather than diesel, but other than that, I think I'm getting by...

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-03 15:20:01

Since there seems to be quite a few mods and expirenced regulars in this club I got to ask:

How was this wrong?

Funk said it was a terrible game thread, but it's really more of a friendly fun music debate between tastes without the bitching.

What do you guys think?

I really don't understand why it was locked.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-03 15:56:35

At 3/3/09 03:20 PM, OverCynicalBlasphemy wrote: I really don't understand why it was locked.

Mods hate good eye-dears.
As evidenced by my sandwich crew :(.

Though your eye-dear was far less amazing :P.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-03 16:07:23

At 3/3/09 03:20 PM, OverCynicalBlasphemy wrote: a friendly fun music debate between tastes without the bitching.

mmmh, not gonna happen.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-03 20:37:50

At 3/3/09 03:20 PM, OverCynicalBlasphemy wrote: Since there seems to be quite a few mods and expirenced regulars in this club I got to ask:

How was this wrong?

Too bad man.
Shit happens...

So, I have my final exam the next week. If I want to pass to third grade (Medicine), I must pass this exam. Wish me luck guys!

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-03 21:07:55

At 3/3/09 08:37 PM, Piromano wrote: So, I have my final exam the next week. If I want to pass to third grade (Medicine), I must pass this exam. Wish me luck guys!

Sure you will pass.

I have coursework due in on Thursday, so obviously I'm here on NG avoiding doing any of it. Still, I'll be around more often when it's all done with and given in... until the next coursework deadline draws near. :(

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-04 09:20:27

Well, today showed the first sign of spring for this year. I'm a bit disappointed since winter's almost gone and we'll be heading to summer and I really don't like the summer, even if my birthday's in July. I really don't like hot weather at all. :(

Putting that aside, I know this isn't the Muse crew, but out of Origin of Symmetry and Absolution, right now I'm enjoying Origin of Symmetry more. However, maybe my mind will change after a few more listens.

One last thing, I now fucking hate my front door lock for not only being awkward to unlock with any key I use, but for having my key broken last night after struggling to open the damn door too much. How my dad thinks the lock is fine is beyond me.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-04 16:55:26

Well, I've now got the car back and it feels like it's working properly - the clutch doesn't have a patch where the pedal goes down and nothing happens for a while - unlike after the first repair.

So, with that in mind, I'm off back to work tomorrow, with a song in my heart and a load of paperwork to do :)...

Wait, what?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-04 17:14:39

At 3/4/09 04:55 PM, Coop83 wrote: Well, I've now got the car back and it feels like it's working properly - the clutch doesn't have a patch where the pedal goes down and nothing happens for a while - unlike after the first repair.

Awesome!

So, with that in mind, I'm off back to work tomorrow, with a song in my heart and a load of paperwork to do :)...

Wait, what?

That was me this morning: "Ah...i get to sleep in today...then im gonna get up...go have something to eat..write up that letter confirming instructions for Property...oh...

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-04 17:21:00

Hey all, just getting back into the NG forums for a loooooong time ago. It's been a while...

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-04 18:19:04

At 3/4/09 04:55 PM, Coop83 wrote: paperwork

Work?

*runs away*

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-05 09:52:05

So, today, I'm 20.
Wow... 2 decades, 20 years has passed... It makes you think how many years will pass to remember this day. 5 years ago I was thinking of myself in a different way. I though of myself living alone, with a work and studying. Life sure is a mystery. I guess I'm still the same person from 5 years ago, with dreams and proyects.

CHEERS GUYS!!!

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-05 11:23:36

At 3/5/09 09:52 AM, Piromano wrote: So, today, I'm 20.

Happy birthday and welcome to the third decade of your life.

5 years ago I was thinking of myself in a different way. I though of myself living alone, with a work and studying.

It seems a bit too soon to have your own place, but you're more likely to do something over the next 5 years. Despite what I've said, I'd love to move out of this house as soon as I can, even if I'm not in my 20s yet.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-05 15:17:27

At 3/4/09 06:19 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 3/4/09 04:55 PM, Coop83 wrote: paperwork
Work?

*runs away*

Oh come on, it's not that bad - I don't have to bear the brunt of one of the office girls who thinks that everyone in the company is out to get her the sack. I'm killing two birds with one stone - avoidance and making myself look good :)

Oh and happy birthday Piromano.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-05 17:23:03

Happy birthday, welcome to the 20+ club.

At 3/5/09 03:17 PM, Coop83 wrote: Oh come on, it's not that bad

It was at the point when I wrote that post, simply for the fact that I had coursework to do that just wasn't getting done. Thankfully, though, I've finished it now and submitted it, so I'm a happy little camper again. :)

I don't have to bear the brunt of one of the office girls who thinks that everyone in the company is out to get her the sack. I'm killing two birds with one stone - avoidance and making myself look good :)

Haha, office drama. I don't envy you, Coop.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-05 20:56:54

Happy quarter of a way through your life!

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-05 21:01:53

At 3/5/09 09:52 AM, Piromano wrote:
CHEERS GUYS!!!

I hope you had a happy birthday Piro, and that is an awesome caek.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-05 23:45:05

At 3/5/09 08:56 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
Happy quarter of a way through your life!

That's if you're lucky.

For delinquents like myself, the life expectancy is probably nearer the 65-70 mark.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-05 23:52:37

Happy Birthday Piromano, have a good one.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-06 07:24:29

At 3/5/09 11:45 PM, NEVR wrote: For delinquents like myself, the life expectancy is probably nearer the 65-70 mark.

Man, I hate to think how long I'm expected to live until. I don't even want to guess when exactly I'll die. I've got so much to do in this world.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-03-06 08:55:59

At 3/5/09 05:23 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 3/5/09 03:17 PM, Coop83 wrote: Oh come on, it's not that bad
It was at the point when I wrote that post, simply for the fact that I had coursework to do that just wasn't getting done. Thankfully, though, I've finished it now and submitted it, so I'm a happy little camper again. :)

Ah, so we're back to the even keel. Good to hear.

Haha, office drama. I don't envy you, Coop.

Well, with the office drama comes some funny emails, which I have purloined this morning for your viewing pleasure:

1) English Rugby (Obviously written by a Welshman - I've had to tanslate part of the awful grammar for this.)

The IRB have announced that following the English claim that they were the victim of refereeing double standards in Cardiff and the belief that they are being unfairly singled out by officials, they have released the following statement:

"In light of the opening decade of this new Millennia, England have formally decided to withdraw its International teams from all test matches until the following ELVs (English Law Variations) are introduced by the IRB.

1) Handling on the floor is to be introduced to enable defending teams to compete fairly.
2) Rolling across and Killing the ball is made obligatory.
3) No more than three passes can be made consecutively without a kick being employed.
4) Kicks must be to touch, allowing players to conserve oxygen.
5) Sin Binning is to be stopped.
6) No more than 5 phases of possession are allowed before a kick is employed - we seem to think this has been done elsewhere before successfully.
7) Fly Halves are to employ the "comb over effect" hairstyle, and don 10 kilos in the midriff.
8) No pulling down the rolling maul.

We believe these changes will enable rugby to find its way back to the glory of yesteryear and allow the worlds fans to enjoy the spectacle they long to be able to savour once more. If these changes are not brought into play, we will never play again, and the world will be a worse place for all."

A beautiful fairy appeared one day to a destitute refugee claimant outside the Heathrow immigration offices.

'My good man,' the fairy said, 'I've been told to grant you three wishes, since you just arrived in England with your wife and three children.'

The man told the fairy: 'Well, where I come from we don't have good teeth, so I want new teeth, maybe a lot of gold in them.'

The fairy looked at the man's almost toothless grin and -- PING ! -- He had a brand new shining set of gold teeth in his mouth!

'What else?' asked the fairy, 'two more to go' The refugee claimant now got bolder.

'I need a big house with a three car garage in Oxford with eight bedrooms for my family and the rest of my refugee relatives who still live in my country. I want to bring them all over here.

PING! - In the distance there could be seen a beautiful mansion with a three car garage, a long driveway, a walkout patio with a BBQ, overlooking the river.

'One more wish,' said the fairy, waving her wand. 'Yes, one more wish.

'I want to be like the British with British clothes instead of manjams, and a baseball cap instead of this turban. And I want to have white skin like the British.' - PING! - The man was transformed, wearing worn out jeans, an Eagles T-shirt and a Billabong baseball cap. He had his bad teeth back and the mansion had disappeared from the horizon.

'What happened to my new teeth?' he wailed. 'Where is my new house?'

The fairy said 'Tough luck. Now that you are English, you're entitled to FUCK ALL!'

And she disappeared!

Finally, one for the fans of Michael O'Leary and Ryanair:

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature