00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bitommy762 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG London Meet IX 2013

27,178 Views | 307 Replies

NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 01:17:39

I usually announce these things well in advance. There isnt much info.

Provided that the world doesnt end at the end of the year, this is on.
I'm going to stay off the radar as far as events go in 2013, I have some big projects I want to finally release.
So probably the only event I host next year. <3

=================================

Where: London, England
When: January 18-19, 2013
What: Annual gathering of Newgrounds users.

I'll populate the hub page with more info as the date nears. I know its a weird time of the year to have an event, but its the most economical and I turn 21 that weekend. Plus we've done it in January before so whatever.

Hub page

NG London Meet IX 2013

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 01:41:29

I love you man.

Yes x a million.

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 01:53:02

I am going to seriously consider this. You know me and commitment. To meets.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 01:55:20

At 9/26/12 01:53 AM, Gagsy wrote: I am going to seriously consider this. You know me and commitment. To meets.

"DO IT!"

NG London Meet IX 2013

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 02:23:56

At 9/26/12 01:17 AM, Luis wrote: I usually announce these things well in advance. There isnt much info.

Provided that the world doesnt end at the end of the year, this is on.
I'm going to stay off the radar as far as events go in 2013, I have some big projects I want to finally release.
So probably the only event I host next year. <3

Where: London, England
When: January 18-19, 2013
What: Annual gathering of Newgrounds users.

:" I'll populate the hub page with more info as the date nears. I know its a weird time of the year to have an event, but its the most economical and I turn 21 that weekend". Plus we've done it in January before so whatever.

Hub page

You will be turning 21? Dude you are much older than i thought, i always believed you were 16. Anyway GOOD LUCK with your big projects.

Washing* yea i can't spell too

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 03:32:31

Wow, the first Luis meet I've seen in months!

I'm still not going.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 03:36:22

I'll see if I can conjure up the money to go this year. I've never been to London but I've always wanted to go. So long as we can get drunk I'll be happy.

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 04:33:08

At 9/26/12 01:17 AM, Luis wrote: So probably the only event I host next year. <3

I'm going to have to make some effort of some description, then. Birthday season with Luis in a chilly London? We can all have man hugs and warm up. Gagsy, this does mean that you're still invited, it will make the hugs so much better.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 07:42:19

:mfw Luis isn't as old as I thought

You know I am down with this.

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 07:59:05

At 9/26/12 01:17 AM, Luis wrote: I turn 21 that weekend.

Lies. It's me who'll be turning 21 around that time. The day before the meet.

I don't want to be that guy who posts in the thread just to say "I can't come" but yea, I don't think I'll make it this time. As much as I'd like to say hi again, I just can't be arsed with London. It's not for me.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 08:09:10

When's the next Philly Meet, Luis? That's like the only one I can see myself being able to afford this year, except MAYBE a NY meet, but that's it.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 08:32:17

I've always really wanted to go to the NG London Meet. We shall see what happens.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 08:36:48

At 9/26/12 01:53 AM, Gagsy wrote: I am going to seriously consider this. You know me and commitment. To meets.

WHY DIDN'T YOU GO WHEN I WAS THERE LAST YEAR?!?! :'(((((

Also I might make it if I take a day off from college....

lel

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 08:56:38

Dean youre a chump. Get out of the rolling green hills and farmlands and come tangle with the big boys in the big concrete jungle. Youre a big boy now.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 11:24:57

Hmm. I might actually be able to go to this one. Depends where I am at the time, but the days themselves shouldn't be a problem like they were this year.

At 9/26/12 07:42 AM, Wonchop wrote: mfw Luis isn't as old as I thought

Seconded. No way in hell am I 5 years older than Luis. I demand to see some I.D next meet.

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 12:13:07

I would love to go, but London might be to expensive for me, it depends if I get any good money before then or not as currently I don't have much spare. Don't suppose anyone has a spare place to rest at if the hotels are ridiculously expensive. From having a quick look some of them are reasonable while others are stupidly dear, will only know for sure when I know which ones would be close to the meetup etc. I guess.

Also if I was to have a hotel would totally need a room mate, hint Gagsy.

At 9/26/12 01:55 AM, Bahamut wrote:

You don't go to the ones near me I can more easily afford :(

"DO IT!"

Don't worry, everything is going to be fine!

NG London Meet IX 2013

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 12:59:21

It's a very serious maybe. I'll go out of my way to try and get there.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 15:46:15

Mike just said via NG Chat that he's in for a NG London Meet in January. So you know, no pressure Mike, but if you don't go now then you're a horrible liar who lies and stuff :(

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 15:47:14

This is the year.

Luis take me I'm ready.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 15:49:38

At 9/26/12 08:56 AM, Luis wrote: Dean youre a chump. Get out of the rolling green hills and farmlands and come tangle with the big boys in the big concrete jungle. Youre a big boy now.

Yeah Dean, I'm crawling out of Somerset for this. You can do it.

At 9/26/12 03:46 PM, Gagsy wrote: Mike just said via NG Chat that he's in for a NG London Meet in January. So you know, no pressure Mike, but if you don't go now then you're a horrible liar who lies and stuff :(

Gagsy please go. I'm really excited to meet as many nice people as I can in real life for the first time.

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 15:55:50

At 9/26/12 03:49 PM, Otto wrote:
Gagsy please go. I'm really excited to meet as many nice people as I can in real life for the first time.

The negative person in me wants to read this as sarcasm 3:

I would love to meet you Otto! I'll do my best to go. Just always an awkward time of year just after Christmas (got 3 nephews to spoil rotten) and my parents birthdays both being in January and I don't earn much but its been way too long since I went to a meet. I'll try putting some money aside if I can and hope that my social (and self loathing) hangups don't stop me once again.

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 16:03:05

At 9/26/12 03:55 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 9/26/12 03:49 PM, Otto wrote:
The negative person in me wants to read this as sarcasm 3:

Not one iota. A NG meet has been something I've wanted to do for years.

I would love to meet you Otto! I'll do my best to go. Just always an awkward time of year just after Christmas (got 3 nephews to spoil rotten) and my parents birthdays both being in January and I don't earn much but its been way too long since I went to a meet. I'll try putting some money aside if I can and hope that my social (and self loathing) hangups don't stop me once again.

Aye it's one of those things that is probably pretty difficult; how much would a person need to bring to get through one of these? Just so I know what to start putting away.

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 16:20:45

At 9/26/12 11:24 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 9/26/12 07:42 AM, Wonchop wrote: mfw Luis isn't as old as I thought
Seconded. No way in hell am I 5 years older than Luis. I demand to see some I.D next meet.

This is like the Fausto Carmona thing - that ID is false. Wonchop, mock something up, it's bound to be a trafficked minor.

At 9/26/12 03:46 PM, Gagsy wrote: Mike just said via NG Chat that he's in for a NG London Meet in January. So you know, no pressure Mike, but if you don't go now then you're a horrible liar who lies and stuff :(

I really do need facial hair for that meet... possibly bring the clippers along as well and have it evolve over the course of the meet... Mike's beard is awesome (for a ginger) and we've not even heard from Bezman yet...

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 17:19:59

hell yes im going! also im gonna get my drunk on woo! :D

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 17:52:53

If only I lived in the UK.

also, obligatory "Luis is a Mexican" joke

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 18:04:30

Luis take me.

Come on, do it.

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 18:31:48

At 9/26/12 04:03 PM, Otto wrote: Aye it's one of those things that is probably pretty difficult;

Difficult? Pfft; the only hard part is working out if you have the free time to go or not.

how much would a person need to bring to get through one of these? Just so I know what to start putting away.

You basically need 3 things:
A bus / train ticket to get you there and back.
Somewhere to stay (do NOT rely on people saying they'll let you sleep on their floor; there's always someone who offers people a place for the night and then doesn't show up themselves).
Some spare cash for food / drinks / whatever.

The place to stay shouldn't cost you more than £80, even for London. The London meet I was at last, I got a room for £65, and it wasn't even that bad either. At the end of the day, a bed's a bed.

The bus / train will depend entirely on how far away you're traveling from and when in the day you plan to travel down there, so shopping around for times and / or getting a friend to drive you to the next station and back can result in big discounts to travel costs. the only sure-fire thing here is that buses are almost always cheaper, but will take longer to get you there. Preference over either is down to you, really.

And as for food / drink / party / hooker / etc. money... well, Luis and a couple other regulars are too damn nice for their own good and end up acting like the group's communal wallet half the time, so you'll usually end up with a few freebies along the way. Just bring enough money to ensure you don't starve or die of thirst. I managed this on about £30 for the 2 main days it went on for last time.

TL;DR: Have a look around; it's the only way to know what kind of prices you'll be dealing with.

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 19:38:46

At 9/26/12 12:13 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: I would love to go, but London might be to expensive for me, it depends if I get any good money before then or not as currently I don't have much spare. Don't suppose anyone has a spare place to rest at if the hotels are ridiculously expensive. From having a quick look some of them are reasonable while others are stupidly dear, will only know for sure when I know which ones would be close to the meetup etc. I guess.

I'd probably be down for splitting a room again. Lord knows I love spending less money.

Any variations on the usual routine planned or are we going for the usual Namco Station followed by pub crawl routine?
Also Facebook event where?

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 20:14:25

Does that mean you'll certainly make it here this time? Mike's appearance is also good news if he's telling the truth.

Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2012-09-26 22:32:19

At 9/26/12 07:38 PM, Wonchop wrote:
At 9/26/12 12:13 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: I would love to go, but London might be to expensive for me, it depends if I get any good money before then or not as currently I don't have much spare. Don't suppose anyone has a spare place to rest at if the hotels are ridiculously expensive. From having a quick look some of them are reasonable while others are stupidly dear, will only know for sure when I know which ones would be close to the meetup etc. I guess.
I'd probably be down for splitting a room again. Lord knows I love spending less money.

Yea worked out last time so may be up for sharing again, still though I wouldn't want to say I am definitely going or not at this stage, I'll have to make sure I have enough spare like last January before I can claim for sure. Sharing the room will help with the cost for sure but might still be to much, I love being unemployed sigh.

Any variations on the usual routine planned or are we going for the usual Namco Station followed by pub crawl routine?
Also Facebook event where?

I have yet to be to a London meet so would enjoy seeing what events do take place, I hope there is a bar like the Kyoto Lounge over there, that was the best part of Manchester.

Also Gagsy commenting on people saying they have to go, but you have to go!

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature