Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:44 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 01:12 PM, Gagsy wrote: Can I just ask.

I don't know. Either I was basking in having one girl at an event or I was drinking when I punched up the roster

gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:57 PM Reply

Just got told I have to move house again. Now all the money I had saved up for a hotel and train tickets has to go on yet another deposit.

I hate my life. Maybe I'll be able to get down there for the day on just the train ticket, but it's not looking likely, and won't be as much fun as the other times either (I won't get to watch Luis fall asleep face-down in a couch at the end of the night this time).

elcriz000
elcriz000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 12:22 PM Reply

If I can get money, I'll go, but I'm not getting my hopes up ;_;

Iron man is a superhero
Iron woman is a command

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 04:06 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 01:12 PM, Gagsy wrote: Can I just ask.

What do you want it to mean?

Olympic standard B/Per *** Review Request Club
News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
Dry-Ice
Dry-Ice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 28th, 2012 @ 01:56 PM Reply

I'm still coming btw, pls roster ty

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature
PrincessLuna
PrincessLuna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 28th, 2012 @ 02:01 PM Reply

I must consider this, seems tantalizing.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 28th, 2012 @ 02:02 PM Reply

I just want to double check on this but what's going on for the Thursday (day 0) of the event?

[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 28th, 2012 @ 02:22 PM Reply

Oh Travel Lodge is a cunt. I was looking this morning at work and they have a January sale on atm. I saw a place for £25 on the friday night, not far from Town Hill. I didn't book, just looked now and not there anymore. grumble

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 28th, 2012 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 12/28/12 02:22 PM, Gagsy wrote: Oh Travel Lodge is a cunt. I was looking this morning at work and they have a January sale on atm. I saw a place for Ã'£25 on the friday night, not far from Town Hill. I didn't book, just looked now and not there anymore. grumble

Booooooo. What's your next plan then?

[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 28th, 2012 @ 02:43 PM Reply

At 12/28/12 02:38 PM, Bahamut wrote:
Booooooo. What's your next plan then?

I'll find something. I'm just penny watching as usual after spending too much at Christmas, and both parents birthdays coming up in January (Luis shares his birthday with my dad).

Thinking I'll just stay overnight on the Friday and be off home by Saturday afternoon/evening.

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 28th, 2012 @ 03:53 PM Reply

At 12/28/12 01:56 PM, Dry-Ice wrote: I'm still coming btw, pls roster ty

Addeded

gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum

justice511
justice511
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 29th, 2012 @ 03:04 PM Reply

:( when i clicked this i though it was london ontario :(

BBS Signature
Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 29th, 2012 @ 04:47 PM Reply

At 12/29/12 03:04 PM, justice511 wrote:
( when i clicked this i though it was london ontario :(

That's what you get for stealing all of your city names, America.

Avizura
Avizura
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 29th, 2012 @ 05:46 PM Reply

If only this is being held in Amsterdam one day..

Fl l.l i '/. l.l l' Fl

PoisonHeart
PoisonHeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 02:05 AM Reply

This would be a blast! Let's see...

Airfare to London, round-trip 2 people: $2500....
Hotels for the weekend: $300-500
Restaurants: $200
Cab fare: $60

Uh....yes, this certainly would be a blast!

*citation needed

BBS Signature
BomberF-16
BomberF-16
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 08:12 AM Reply

Awesome dude!! Hope there's like new games or wat-not

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 08:41 PM Reply

Considering I'm surviving on a student budget, I may only be able to come for one of the meet days. Likely the 18th, unless I've got anything going on on those dates (e.g. exams). Will let you lot know.

AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
citricsquid
citricsquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 09:57 PM Reply

At 12/28/12 02:22 PM, Gagsy wrote: Oh Travel Lodge is a cunt. I was looking this morning at work and they have a January sale on atm. I saw a place for Ã'£25 on the friday night, not far from Town Hill. I didn't book, just looked now and not there anymore. grumble

they did you a favour travelodge is like fucking auschwitz. I shit you not, while staying in one for christmas because I had to visit my family, they DIDN'T HAVE HAIR DRYERS. what sort of fucking hotel doesn't have a god damn hair dryer? that's ON TOP OF the bathroom floors being made from god knows what and the showers not even being showers and the sofas smelling like someone finger banged the queen on it 6 years ago and didn't have it washed since...

premier inn has my loyalty.

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 31st, 2012 @ 10:05 AM Reply

I most likely won't be attending at all now. I called the vets today about how much I owe them for the 29th and my bill is just over £500, which was for my dogs treatment and then sadly to be put down at home and cemented separately and to eventually get her ashes back. I would apologise but I lost my best friend and thats all I can be really sorry about right now.

A night out would probably do me good, really good actually, but I'm going to need every penny I have right now.. I swear my dog was the cause last year too for me not being able to attend. Just wish this time round it didn't end with her leaving me forever.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 31st, 2012 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 12/31/12 10:05 AM, Gagsy wrote: I most likely won't be attending at all now. I called the vets today about how much I owe them for the 29th and my bill is just over Ã'£500, which was for my dogs treatment and then sadly to be put down at home and cemented separately and to eventually get her ashes back. I would apologise but I lost my best friend and thats all I can be really sorry about right now.

wow I am so sorry, if my dog passed I don't know what I would do.. the little guy I have (daschaund/wiener dog) is my anchor and best bud and would spend as much money as I need to have him for as long as I can, and I wouldn't blame ya Gags if you did the same.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 31st, 2012 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 12/31/12 10:05 AM, Gagsy wrote: Just wish this time round it didn't end with her leaving me forever.

I don't know what to say, Gagsy. Hope you feel better soon and at the end of the day, it's your decision, so I'll support it either way.

News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 31st, 2012 @ 10:18 AM Reply

At 12/31/12 10:05 AM, Gagsy wrote: I most likely won't be attending at all now. I called the vets today about how much I owe them for the 29th and my bill is just over Ã'£500, which was for my dogs treatment and then sadly to be put down at home and cemented separately and to eventually get her ashes back. I would apologise but I lost my best friend and thats all I can be really sorry about right now.

A night out would probably do me good, really good actually, but I'm going to need every penny I have right now.. I swear my dog was the cause last year too for me not being able to attend. Just wish this time round it didn't end with her leaving me forever.

Aw Gags I'm sorry to hear this. I know how the death of a dog can mean unreasonable amounts. Maybe take some traits from your old friend and become strong and instinctive like ze vulf.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 31st, 2012 @ 10:30 AM Reply

At 12/31/12 10:15 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
wow I am so sorry, if my dog passed I don't know what I would do.. the little guy I have (daschaund/wiener dog) is my anchor and best bud and would spend as much money as I need to have him for as long as I can, and I wouldn't blame ya Gags if you did the same.

Yeah my dog was the same for me. I can't express in words just how badly I am taking this right now. And sadly there is the little nagging voice that maybe I could have done more. There was the option for an operation but on my vets advice she most likely wouldn't have pulled through and I much rather her die at home surrounded by her family then to pass away on a table with a surgeons hands inside her gut.

Still the doubt hurts just as much as the loss. Enjoy the time you have with your own dog. Cause when they're gone it feels like it was never close to being enough with them.

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 31st, 2012 @ 10:34 AM Reply

At 12/31/12 10:30 AM, Gagsy wrote: Still the doubt hurts just as much as the loss. Enjoy the time you have with your own dog. Cause when they're gone it feels like it was never close to being enough with them.

I really know how that feels. I got home from school and my dad was crying (never seen in my life this madness). Similar scenario where she could've had the operation, and money was no object over love like that, but it would've only bought her another week, maybe two, of quite serious pain. Her stomach and insides had all twisted round and she swelled right up. She was noble the whole time; very stoic old girl.

Make a little grave in your garden for your dog, that's what we did. It helps. And the funny thing is I think the dog we got a year after knows she's buried there, because it's the only part of the garden he's never done a shit. My condolences again Gags.

missin' ya Zena

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 31st, 2012 @ 10:41 AM Reply

Sorry to hear that Gagsy. I remember when my dog passed away i was out of town, i think finding out through the phone was particularly rough. I had a feeling that would be the last time i saw my dog when i left weirdly enough. I dismissed it but it bothers me still in hindsight. Anyway yeah, totally understandable if you are under deep financial pressures. Hope things get better for you.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 31st, 2012 @ 10:44 AM Reply

Luis make Gagsy feel better by dropping your pants and writing "PROPERTY OF GAGSY" on your ass.

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 31st, 2012 @ 10:54 AM Reply

At 12/31/12 10:34 AM, Otto wrote:
I really know how that feels. I got home from school and my dad was crying (never seen in my life this madness). Similar scenario where she could've had the operation, and money was no object over love like that, but it would've only bought her another week, maybe two, of quite serious pain. Her stomach and insides had all twisted round and she swelled right up. She was noble the whole time; very stoic old girl.

Yeah my dad came over to say goodbye and I never seen him so broken up. Probably had to do with him not living with me and mum anymore and he would walk her everyday in the morning and he missed that after he left. They did have a bond, not like me and Frankie but he always missed it once he left mum too.

Twisted gut? I hear thats terrible. Ours had cancer in her spleen. Problem was we had no clue and the dog didn't show one single sign of illness, not even the morning she actually did turn ill so quickly. She was fine when I let her out in the morning at 6.30am and then by 10am she was terribly anemia. Found out later that something had ruptured and she could barely walk 30 steps without needing to lie down, it was heartbreathing to see as shes a collie and no matter what she would be out walking if she could. So it was too late by then for anything other than pure luck. They later told me that even doing an operation, if she made it that the cancer probably had passed on. Too many ifs and buts and we never wanted her in pain which she never was, she was just incredibly weak when she died. Still hurts blindingly.

Make a little grave in your garden for your dog, that's what we did. It helps. And the funny thing is I think the dog we got a year after knows she's buried there, because it's the only part of the garden he's never done a shit. My condolences again Gags.

Dogs are funny creatures I swear. Like they have what we call a sixth sense. The only time Frankie brought up head up was when the vets came over to put her down, from the look of her she just knew what was going to happen.

Anyway, I want to scatter her ashes. Like I said, she was a collie and just loved being out. I want to scatter her ashes where we used to walk. It was probably where she was happiest. A kind of grave would be nice but we rent this house, we won't be here forever. I will keep some ashes back though to put into a necklace or something.

Sorry if no one stops me I will turn this into "Gagsy misses her dog" not the "NG London Meet IX 2013" thread.

missin' ya Zena

<3

Fucking dogs Otto. Why must we care so much about those silly little lovable animals?

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 31st, 2012 @ 11:00 AM Reply

At 12/31/12 10:54 AM, Gagsy wrote: Fucking dogs Otto. Why must we care so much about those silly little lovable animals?

When one of Bex' cockatiels became ill, we had to take it to the vet and they told us that there was nothing could be done - I was uspet and I don't really like animals, but Bex had stayed up all night, making sure that Snowy was comfortable.

I think that Bex was more wound up about the vet being "callous", though I viewed it as detached, considering that they deal with this all of the time and if a bird gets sick it's pretty much goodnight, Vienna.

News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Dec. 31st, 2012 @ 11:04 AM Reply

I miss u guise :(