Cally
Cally
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-02 12:36:47 Reply

Cameo from myself and Minical, before we abandon you for sea life <3

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature
Vert
Vert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Art Lover
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-02 12:41:18 Reply

Mein Gott, a meet I <might> actually be able to come to? What's happening to the world...

How do I sign up, so to speak?

Fun: THAT IS THE BENEFIT OF DIPLOMATIC IMUNITY!
To think about the world, click cat.

BBS Signature
Captain-Slugworth
Captain-Slugworth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-04 10:32:45 Reply

Yay, :3
Can I come ? :3

NG London Meet IX 2013

Late Night Lounge--
I just wanted to leave, you know, my apartment. Maybe meet a nice girl. And now I’ve got to die for it!

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-04 10:45:18 Reply

At 1/2/13 12:41 PM, Vert wrote: Mein Gott, a meet I <might> actually be able to come to? What's happening to the world...

If you are around in London at the time, it would be great to see you. If you can get to Wapping on Friday night, expect to have a fun time as well as the following day at Namco. Both are easily reachable from the nearby stations.

[ BBS Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Vert
Vert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Art Lover
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-04 13:02:54 Reply

At 1/4/13 10:45 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/2/13 12:41 PM, Vert wrote: Mein Gott, a meet I <might> actually be able to come to? What's happening to the world...

If you are around in London at the time, it would be great to see you. If you can get to Wapping on Friday night, expect to have a fun time as well as the following day at Namco. Both are easily reachable from the nearby stations.

Ah, no need to sign up then? Great, I'll see if I can show up on at least one of the days then...

Fun: THAT IS THE BENEFIT OF DIPLOMATIC IMUNITY!
To think about the world, click cat.

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-04 13:03:57 Reply

At 1/2/13 12:37 PM, Travis wrote: I just bought my plane ticket.

Can't wait.

You got a plane? When I see you, you deserve some sort of tepid verbal acknowlegement as I'm getting a bus lol.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-04 13:10:31 Reply

At 1/4/13 01:03 PM, Otto wrote:
At 1/2/13 12:37 PM, Travis wrote: I just bought my plane ticket.

Can't wait.
You got a plane? When I see you, you deserve some sort of tepid verbal acknowlegement as I'm getting a bus lol.

Do not believe his lies Otto, for he lies.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-04 17:37:05 Reply

I refreshed the roster here

Also, I will probably add a secondary event to Day 2, waiting on some reconnaissance mission to see if its big enough for the large group that day. Will update it again next week.

None

EJR
EJR
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-04 19:03:59 Reply

I'm packing myself inside Luis' bag so I'll make it

CatFat
CatFat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Animator
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-04 19:32:50 Reply

I shall be attending!
It'd be rude not to right?

PSN ID: CatFatNG
Xbox Gamertag: CatFatNG

BBS Signature
Wonchop
Wonchop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Animator
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-04 21:30:47 Reply

Should hopefully be attending this, but ideally want to split a room with someone since I'm waiting on various people to pay me for some freelance gigs. I think someone approached me about it last month but hasn't brought it up since.

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-04 21:42:20 Reply

Now I have to take my car for a service + MOT on the Friday too, as well as not having any money to begin with.

Fucking ARGHOEIAJTL';KRWTMN;AWOUIREPGHIQAUEJF;OIKEJM!!!111!!111ONE!!

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-05 14:15:49 Reply

At 1/4/13 09:42 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Now I have to take my car for a service + MOT on the Friday

No you don't. Do it on the Thursday. Or Tomorrow. Or some day between now and then. You don't HAVE to have it done on the Friday.

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-05 14:35:56 Reply

At 1/5/13 02:15 PM, liljim wrote: No you don't. Do it on the Thursday. Or Tomorrow. Or some day between now and then. You don't HAVE to have it done on the Friday.

That Friday is the only day the garage would give me; they're fully booked up until after the current MOT expires. And that garage is the only one in the area that won't rip you off or make up nonexistant problems etc (hence why they're fully booked).

Since I need the car to continue doing my job, it takes priority over this I'm afraid. Since I'm also unlikely to go anyway thanks to the previous problems mentioned, it doesn't really make it any less likely. It was just one more little annoyance I felt the need to tard-rage on the internet about.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-05 17:12:58 Reply

At 1/4/13 09:42 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Now I have to take my car for a service + MOT on the Friday too, as well as not having any money to begin with.

Fucking ARGHOEIAJTL';KRWTMN;AWOUIREPGHIQAUEJF;OIKEJM!!!111!!111ONE!!

What, you mean you can't dump it at the Garage at opening time and then get alternative transport there and have your parents (for example) collect the car when it's done?

There's always a plan B

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Rustygames
Rustygames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-05 18:27:49 Reply

Hey Luis,

I've never been to one of these but now I'm local I'm contemplating it because there a few names (yourself included) I've spoke to in dribs and drabs over the years and haven't met.

Quick question, is everyone attending over 18 and therefore able to drink or is this usually a very sober affair?

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-05 18:29:30 Reply

At 1/5/13 06:27 PM, Rustygames wrote: Quick question, is everyone attending over 18 and therefore able to drink or is this usually a very sober affair?

Friday night tends to involve more alcohol than the rest of the meet, though we will not be entirely dry on the Saturday. Far from it, in fact - you will need some Dutch courage to attempt the dodgems ;)

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-05 18:33:53 Reply

At 1/5/13 06:27 PM, Rustygames wrote: Hey Luis,

I've never been to one of these but now I'm local I'm contemplating it because there a few names (yourself included) I've spoke to in dribs and drabs over the years and haven't met.

Quick question, is everyone attending over 18 and therefore able to drink or is this usually a very sober affair?

NAMCO (first point on the meet agenda) has a licensed bar downstairs, with seating area that all ages can sit in. So those who're old enough to want a drink in the afternoon can have one, but still mingle with those who aren't and vice versa. People tend to use the downstairs area as a base and float off to play on arcade games / go on the dodgems / whatever before things move on to a more adult-centric arena.

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-05 18:38:54 Reply

At 1/5/13 05:12 PM, Coop wrote: What, you mean you can't dump it at the Garage at opening time and then get alternative transport there and have your parents (for example) collect the car when it's done?

Nope; There isn't anyone within 200 miles of me both willing and able to pick the thing up.
...Actually, come to think of it, there isn't anyone outside the 200 mile radius either. FML.

There's always a plan B

"Plan B" was going down on the Saturday only, as a result of having all my savings drained because of the previous problems. Since this will eat up what little money I had left for the NG meet, the exact details of when this month it gets done are moot, tbh. I ain't got the money regardless, and as per my own damn rules on these things I'm not relying on other people's generosity to be able to go.

Rustygames
Rustygames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-05 18:39:04 Reply

Sounds like a laugh. I've never really met any of the NG users before (except one fairly awkward encounter at work) so I'm a little nervous about any potential cringe-worthy awkwardness; becoming tanked resolves this...

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-05 20:49:53 Reply

I've decided which day I'll be able to make for the London meet, it's going to be Saturday. Friday's a no-no for me, what with uni work to do. Also, since I'm semi-familiar with Westminster and it'll be in the afternoon, it'll be great to take a look around and meet a lot of you.

AMDG ✝

Reflection for this Advent: Jesus, Mary and Joseph were asylum-seekers.
Currently in progress: INI:FLIPSWITCH

BBS Signature
SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-05 22:19:43 Reply

I'm forty minutes away from London on the train, so I'm considering attending.

I have to ask, is this an adult-exclusive thing? I don't turn eighteen until June so I'd have to miss the inevitable piss-up, but I've seen about five of these threads pass and figure it could be fun.

If I can make it, is there a particular meeting place / schedule?

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-05 22:30:04 Reply

I like that there's been a surge interests of others wanting to attend this meet. Sounds like this will be a better turnout than I had expected.

At 1/5/13 10:19 PM, SG3 wrote: I have to ask, is this an adult-exclusive thing? I don't turn eighteen until June so I'd have to miss the inevitable piss-up, but I've seen about five of these threads pass and figure it could be fun.

Saturday's daytime event at Namco station is all ages.

Formerly Bahamut

Dry-Ice
Dry-Ice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-05 23:02:32 Reply

At 1/5/13 10:30 PM, Bahamut wrote: I like that there's been a surge interests of others wanting to attend this meet. Sounds like this will be a better turnout than I had expected.

I looked at some pictures of the '09 event and I'm so excited now.

just gotta make sure I have my NG shirt when the day rolls around

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-05 23:05:40 Reply

At 1/5/13 10:30 PM, Bahamut wrote: I like that there's been a surge interests of others wanting to attend this meet. Sounds like this will be a better turnout than I had expected.

Yeah but what kind of jerk has a birthday in January?

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-06 07:33:09 Reply

At 1/5/13 11:05 PM, Gagsy wrote:
Yeah but what kind of jerk has a birthday in January?

We should totally get a Pico Day one in April for me... We could invite Tom!

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-06 09:52:48 Reply

At 1/5/13 11:02 PM, Dry-Ice wrote:
I looked at some pictures of the '09 event and I'm so excited now.
just gotta make sure I have my NG shirt when the day rolls around

I don't have a Newgrounds shirt but I generally show up with metal band T-shirts. However, I do have a completely different shirt to wear this time. ;)

At 1/6/13 07:33 AM, Coop wrote:
At 1/5/13 11:05 PM, Gagsy wrote: Yeah but what kind of jerk has a birthday in January?
We should totally get a Pico Day one in April for me... We could invite Tom!

DO EET!

Formerly Bahamut

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-07 11:46:34 Reply

I refreshed the roster, added people, removed others etc.
I'll probably add another event sometime this week.

Saw a few posts with questions so here's some answers:

Q: Is this an adult extensive thing?

Not entirely, this is partly why its split into a two-day event. Day one is the older crowd and so its 18+ and held at night. Day two is anyone can come, and it is held in the afternoon. Naturally, if you're over 18, you benefit from being able to pick which days to come to, or goto both. The crowd on Day two tends to be larger. Some people find that a good thing, some dont, either way, if its something local to you and you have the means of making it, its a pretty unique experience. Can't speak for everyone but most people who have attended these and other events in the past seemed to enjoy them.

Q: Do I need to sign up?

No, you can just follow the thread and show up if you want. It's a community event, so you dont have to be an animator/programmer/moderator/musician/or anything really, if you have a mild interest in newgrounds then you will probably fit right in.

Q: Which days should I goto?

If you are over 18 you have the luxury of picking either day. Some people just come for one, its pretty open-ended. You might get a different crowd depending on which day you show up on. The first day is obviously an older crowd and generally not as large of a group (about 15-20 people?). The second day is anywhere from 20-40. Its unpredictable. I think in the mid twenties is a safe bet though. When Tom showed up a few years ago it was something like 45 or something.

SEE YOU SOON.

None

Dry-Ice
Dry-Ice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-07 11:57:32 Reply

At 1/6/13 09:52 AM, Bahamut wrote: I don't have a Newgrounds shirt but I generally show up with metal band T-shirts. However, I do have a completely different shirt to wear this time. ;)

Oooh special shirt? Do tell (unless it's a secret) :D

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature
liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 2013-01-07 11:58:38 Reply

At 1/5/13 10:19 PM, SG3 wrote: If I can make it, is there a particular meeting place / schedule?

When
Saturday January 19, 2pm, at the London Eye
Where
The London Eye, then proceeding to Namco.

http://www.luiscastanon.com/2013_event_hub/ng-london-2013-ma in.html

^

If you're late and don't see anyone milling around in NG-centric clothes, head to the basement in Namco. Don't leave it past 5pm before turning up there, though, as people tend to move on from there to do something else that's decided on the day.