00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JSkell95 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Culturally Diverse Crew.

6,326 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Culturally Diverse Crew. 2009-04-04 01:36:45

This is a crew dedicated to the sharing of knowledge of different cultures and societies around the world. Here people can share things like different foods, musical instruments, art, entertainment and backgrounds of your local or favorite countries. Now, I know there are some crews with specific ethnic backgrounds, but this is a more universal club, sharing all the cultures of the world. There are a few rules and guidelines, though:

1. Don't spam saying, "____ is the best country ever!!!" this is a club of diversity, not seeing which country or culture is the best.
2. Don't flame someone just because you don't like their country or ethnic background, that just leads to hate and misunderstanding.
3. Try and be specific with which country you're discussing, that goes for the name of the country you're talking about as well.
4. No making up countries, this is for serious discussion only.

That's it so far. Anyone can join, just PM me so I can add you onto the list or you can post on the tread, just don't spam or anything like that.

Hope everyone will like this club and the idea will catch on!

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to The Culturally Diverse Crew. 2009-04-04 11:32:49

Sounds like a good idea.

America is teh bestest country evar!!!11

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to The Culturally Diverse Crew. 2009-04-04 11:44:02

At 4/4/09 11:32 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote: Sounds like a good idea.

And it's reasons like this that leave me wondering whether this will ever catch on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Culturally Diverse Crew. 2009-04-04 14:52:01

At 4/4/09 11:44 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 4/4/09 11:32 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote: Sounds like a good idea.

And it's reasons like this that leave me wondering whether this will ever catch on.

That's why I set up rules so this kind of thing won't happen as often.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

BBS Signature

Response to The Culturally Diverse Crew. 2009-04-04 16:34:24

Can you explain why culture is so important?

Response to The Culturally Diverse Crew. 2009-04-04 18:50:05

At 4/4/09 04:34 PM, aninjaman wrote: Can you explain why culture is so important?

It's an exchange of different ideas and beliefs through visual or audio means. That's how the U.S. was started, that's how the Renaissance started and that's how humanity progressed through history since the dawn of civilization.

BBS Signature

Response to The Culturally Diverse Crew. 2009-04-04 19:17:21

German, Italian and Spanish. And let me tell you; they all make great food.

Response to The Culturally Diverse Crew. 2009-04-04 19:21:58

At 4/4/09 07:17 PM, DocSprite wrote: German, Italian and Spanish. And let me tell you; they all make great food.

Great! Can you tells us about your favorite foods from these cultures and how they're prepared?

BBS Signature

Response to The Culturally Diverse Crew. 2009-04-04 19:54:11

At 4/4/09 07:21 PM, knightsofthecircle wrote:
Great! Can you tells us about your favorite foods from these cultures and how they're prepared?

Pizza, Bratwurst, and Churros. Not much to say there. Well, I guess I can say that churros have cinnamon.

Response to The Culturally Diverse Crew. 2009-04-05 21:15:03

At 4/4/09 07:54 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 4/4/09 07:21 PM, knightsofthecircle wrote:
Pizza, Bratwurst, and Churros. Not much to say there. Well, I guess I can say that churros have cinnamon.

Ah, you should try Champurrado, it goes well with Churros, especially on a cold day.

BBS Signature

Response to The Culturally Diverse Crew. 2009-04-05 21:49:03

My father is 100% Quebecois, my mother is half German and half French (her parents are both immigrants). Great food, great countries, great family.

Response to The Culturally Diverse Crew. 2009-05-30 22:18:34

Let me join, by the way, anyone know what happened to the NG Nuslim crew?

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to The Culturally Diverse Crew. 2009-05-30 22:33:45

Is this to talk about the culture you are like anyone non-white or your ancestrial heritage. If so on the latter part I don't know about the Prussian side of my genes so I guess its <insert Russian culture here, but slightly different>.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to The Culturally Diverse Crew. 2009-06-01 02:29:10

At 5/30/09 10:33 PM, iscrulz wrote: Is this to talk about the culture you are like anyone non-white or your ancestrial heritage. If so on the latter part I don't know about the Prussian side of my genes so I guess its <insert Russian culture here, but slightly different>.

The culture you're discussing doesn't have to be related to you, you just have to find it interesting.

BBS Signature