liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 02:23 PM Reply

At 9/27/12 02:06 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 9/27/12 01:18 PM, liljim wrote: Age restrictions apply where you ARE, not where you're FROM. So yes, if you're IN the UK and are 18, you can drink.
Though a reminder to all that ids are very important. Most bars/pubs are asked to check if they think someone looks below 21. So while you can drink being 18, you're now much more likely to be carded now than ever.

It's a good point, but it doesn't always work out. When we were in NAMCO a couple of years back, they ID'd Tim Frommeyer and refused to accept his ID (even though as Lois pointed out to the server behind the bar, it was enough to get him through customs and into the country). Given that he was 20 years old, we had no qualms with getting him some beers.

I thought the age check was 25 (30 in supermarkets) and below as well. Whatever, I don't have that issue these days. 35, here I come!

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 02:24 PM Reply

At 9/27/12 02:06 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 9/27/12 01:18 PM, liljim wrote:
At 9/27/12 01:14 PM, Addict wrote: If you're eighteen in America, can you still legally drink in the UK?
Age restrictions apply where you ARE, not where you're FROM. So yes, if you're IN the UK and are 18, you can drink.
Though a reminder to all that ids are very important. Most bars/pubs are asked to check if they think someone looks below 21. So while you can drink being 18, you're now much more likely to be carded now than ever.

Oh the whole ID thing is annoying for me, I do wonder how London will treat me though, as in Glasgow meetup I got IDed in every bar sometimes multiple times but in Manchester I barely got IDed at all, they didnt seem to give a shit. I suppose since it is the capital city London will likely go back to ID checking me like crazy though, the penalty for being tiny.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 02:33 PM Reply

At 9/27/12 02:21 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
You can't be more dull than me with my never talking and just sitting in the back of the group.

Fuck the rest. We'll have a good little chat me and you then <3

Okay this makes me all the more wanting to go then if I can make sure you do, Oh how I hope I can save up some good money by January though.

We should get a room together (if you do go).

Hopefully though that could be used to get a cheaper ticket even at peak times needing to just put half an hour or so to the side, but yea, can't check for sure until more details / what station to use etc. is all out.

What about bus/coach? Or is that too long a journey for you? Its much cheater, just much longer 3:

At 9/27/12 02:23 PM, liljim wrote:
It's a good point, but it doesn't always work out. When we were in NAMCO a couple of years back, they ID'd Tim Frommeyer and refused to accept his ID (even though as Lois pointed out to the server behind the bar, it was enough to get him through customs and into the country). Given that he was 20 years old, we had no qualms with getting him some beers.

Should have done a mass revolt really from the place. I can understand if he was confused at first with it being a foreign id card, but after several people explained it to him I bet he just didn't want to lose face. Sounds a bit of a twat.

I thought the age check was 25 (30 in supermarkets) and below as well. Whatever, I don't have that issue these days. 35, here I come!

I've never seen 30 myself. Some supermarkets have those "Think 21/25' badges but christ IDing people in their late 20s is a bit much I think. I got IDed a few months back buying some cigarettes. It still amuses me a little.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 02:33 PM Reply

At 9/27/12 02:06 PM, Gagsy wrote: Though a reminder to all that ids are very important. Most bars/pubs are asked to check if they think someone looks below 21. So while you can drink being 18, you're now much more likely to be carded now than ever.

I learned my mistake. For my first meet the best I had for ID was a passport that had been expired for 15 months. I did get questioned about it by the bouncers at The Ice Wharf in Camden but my defence was that it was still proof of my date of birth. I was able to get in with that reason. I've had valid ID since so I'm always covered.

At 9/27/12 02:24 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Oh the whole ID thing is annoying for me, I do wonder how London will treat me though, as in Glasgow meetup I got IDed in every bar sometimes multiple times but in Manchester I barely got IDed at all, they didnt seem to give a shit. I suppose since it is the capital city London will likely go back to ID checking me like crazy though, the penalty for being tiny.

Didn't that one bouncer in Manchester reject you without seeing your ID just because you looked small to him?

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 02:34 PM Reply

At 9/27/12 02:24 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
Oh the whole ID thing is annoying for me, I do wonder how London will treat me though, as in Glasgow meetup I got IDed in every bar sometimes multiple times but in Manchester I barely got IDed at all, they didnt seem to give a shit. I suppose since it is the capital city London will likely go back to ID checking me like crazy though, the penalty for being tiny.

I think The White Swan don't care that much considering how much money NG users put their way and its not like a big bar or chain. I certainly remember some youngish looking NGers before buying drinks there trouble free.

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 02:35 PM Reply

At 9/27/12 02:34 PM, Gagsy wrote: I think The White Swan don't care that much considering how much money NG users put their way and its not like a big bar or chain. I certainly remember some youngish looking NGers before buying drinks there trouble free.

I'll get my beard on anyway. I'll be straight 18 an ah dun wun no trubble

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 02:58 PM Reply

At 9/27/12 02:33 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 9/27/12 02:21 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: You can't be more dull than me with my never talking and just sitting in the back of the group.
Fuck the rest. We'll have a good little chat me and you then <3

That sounds like a good idea, one on one I can talk but when in groups I tend to just sit back and listen, which is probably to everyone elses joy.

Okay this makes me all the more wanting to go then if I can make sure you do, Oh how I hope I can save up some good money by January though.
We should get a room together (if you do go).

I would totally be up for this and it would make me more determined to try and go, hopefully with Christmas money I could make it happen unless something really fucks up irl. Sorry Wonchop but tried to reserve a room with Gagsy for several years now, but she kept not going, so now there is finally some concrete ground to stand on, which she may demolish anyway, but of course she will go this time!

Hopefully though that could be used to get a cheaper ticket even at peak times needing to just put half an hour or so to the side, but yea, can't check for sure until more details / what station to use etc. is all out.
What about bus/coach? Or is that too long a journey for you? Its much cheater, just much longer 3:

I used a bus for Glasgow once so could do that again, but trains are so much nicer so depends on if I can get a good ticket or not.

I've never seen 30 myself. Some supermarkets have those "Think 21/25' badges but christ IDing people in their late 20s is a bit much I think. I got IDed a few months back buying some cigarettes. It still amuses me a little.

I recall signs saying "if you look under 25 don't be surprised if we check for ID" in my local supermarket. And on that note I got IDed for buying a kitchen knife the other week. I was with my mother who already sent her shopping through yet the clerk kept asking for ID for me as if I was going to stab someone with it. I gave my ID to avoid my mother complaining about it but the sad thing is the knife isn't even that sharp, it looks sharp but I accidentally stabbed it into my finger once with some speed and it didn't even bleed, hurt a bit, but didn't bleed. So I don't get the protection over that I don't think it would make a good murder weapon really.

At 9/27/12 02:33 PM, Bahamut wrote: Didn't that one bouncer in Manchester reject you without seeing your ID just because you looked small to him?

Didn't even let me get out my ID it was just "lolnope" hand up telling me to get lost. I think he was the only one to ID me, and when I say ID I mean flat out reject me without checking it. So I suppose Glasgow was better in that respect as at least they never rejected.

BBS Signature
SpeedoSausage
SpeedoSausage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Animator
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 03:03 PM Reply

might go if everyone else is as socially awkward as I am

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 03:30 PM Reply

At 9/26/12 11:02 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: bumper cars and a bar together? Nothing speaks meetup more than getting drunk hammering into each other.

And going on the dodgems isn't bad either

hur hur hur
At 9/27/12 01:46 AM, Idocreating wrote:
At 9/26/12 07:38 PM, Wonchop wrote: Any variations on the usual routine planned or are we going for the usual Namco Station followed by pub crawl routine?
Same routine as 2011 really. Head to Namco. Get on dodgems. Steal everyone's hats. Get smashed by everyone and suffer a concussion.

Hats! Of course. I've still got mine somewhere.

At 9/27/12 01:18 PM, liljim wrote:
At 9/27/12 01:14 PM, Addict wrote: If you're eighteen in America, can you still legally drink in the UK?
Age restrictions apply where you ARE, not where you're FROM. So yes, if you're IN the UK and are 18, you can drink.

Alternative legal ID might be of use if you don't fancy walking the streets of London with your passport in your pocket.

At 9/27/12 02:06 PM, Gagsy wrote: When did I become so popular. I'm even more dreadfully dull irl.

Didn't you know? Vaginas are in vogue

At 9/27/12 03:03 PM, SpeedoSausage wrote: might go if everyone else is as socially awkward as I am

You'll be surprised how much a socially awkward group of guys (and the occasional girl) come out of their shells during these meets.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 9/27/12 03:03 PM, SpeedoSausage wrote: might go if everyone else is as socially awkward as I am

Don't worry there are quite a few of us, and to make it even out there are also a good number of extreme extroverts.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 04:11 PM Reply

At 9/27/12 01:31 PM, liljim wrote:
At 9/27/12 01:25 PM, BumFodder wrote: I suppose, but still london isnt that exciting after the first time and ive been there more times than I can count.
Twice, then.

so funi xxxxxddddddddddddddd

Also fix the pound sign please £

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
£££££££££

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 5th, 2012 @ 02:24 PM Reply

Good news! I've booked a Premier Inn room for me to stay at the London meet. Only £84 for a two night stay, which I felt was a) manageable and b) certainly gets me there.

The only problem is that technically, I will be staying in Essex...

I've done some more digging and have managed to get a few prices in, so it should come to less than £200 for the whole weekend, which is nice.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 5th, 2012 @ 02:41 PM Reply

Would love to come but I'm trying to go T total.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 5th, 2012 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 10/5/12 02:24 PM, Coop wrote: Good news! I've booked a Premier Inn room for me to stay at the London meet. Only Ã'£84 for a two night stay, which I felt was a) manageable and b) certainly gets me there.

And the good news keeps on coming. I've yet to sort out anything but it should be possible in two weeks time when it becomes 13 weeks prior to it happening. I'm hoping to show up on the Thursday but I'll need to speak with my sister about possibly getting the flat keys off her just so I can drop off the stuff there and then find you guys whenever. I'm thinking of heading back on Sunday as the last aftermath plans in London was a complete dud for me. Plus, the less showers needed in that cramped flat the better.

Formerly Bahamut

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 5th, 2012 @ 03:40 PM Reply

At 10/5/12 02:24 PM, Coop wrote:

Lol. Please turn up orange and talk about how reem everything is.

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 07:06 AM Reply

At 10/5/12 03:40 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 10/5/12 02:24 PM, Coop wrote:
Lol. Please turn up orange and talk about how reem everything is.

On the bright side, there should be more than a good chance of me getting a shag out of the weekend.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 08:02 AM Reply

At 10/6/12 07:06 AM, Coop wrote: On the bright side, there should be more than a good chance of me getting a shag out of the weekend.

You wish lol

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 08:48 AM Reply

At 10/6/12 07:06 AM, Coop wrote:
On the bright side, there should be more than a good chance of me getting a shag out of the weekend.

;)

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 10:33 AM Reply

I'm going for the Gagsy.

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 12:22 PM Reply

At 10/6/12 08:02 AM, BumFodder wrote:
At 10/6/12 07:06 AM, Coop wrote: On the bright side, there should be more than a good chance of me getting a shag out of the weekend.
You wish lol

You've not seen me whip the women into a frenzy, with my karaoke skills.

I might even sing som Tom Jones this year.

"Why, why, why, Delilah?"

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Wonchop
Wonchop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Animator
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 04:19 PM Reply

At 10/6/12 12:22 PM, Coop wrote:
I might even sing som Tom Jones this year.

"Why, why, why, Delilah?"

I seriously can't hear that song without thinking "he's only got a bowl of Weetabix" in my head.

Blounty
Blounty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 04:36 PM Reply

I'll be there if I can book the days around it off work.

peace out fuckers.

Sig created by HighWay

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 05:48 PM Reply

At 10/6/12 08:48 AM, Gagsy wrote:
;)

And you two thought about starting this fun without me.

Formerly Bahamut

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 06:12 PM Reply

At 10/6/12 05:48 PM, Bahamut wrote:
;)

Way to shoehorn yourself into a 3-some. Smoooooth.

Can I watch?

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 08:29 PM Reply

At 10/6/12 06:12 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 10/6/12 05:48 PM, Bahamut wrote:
;)
Way to shoehorn yourself into a 3-some. Smoooooth.

Can I watch?

Hey, I only booked a double room - not a triple room, with two way mirror and popcorn dispenser >:(

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 08:39 PM Reply

At 10/6/12 08:29 PM, Coop wrote: Hey, I only booked a double room - not a triple room, with two way mirror and popcorn dispenser >:(

Someone will be sleeping on the floor.

Formerly Bahamut

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 08:47 PM Reply

These London trips seriously sound so awesome, the next North American trip I'm going to try hard to make plans for.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 02:52 AM Reply

At 10/6/12 08:39 PM, Bahamut wrote:

Thats ok. You boys can have the bed.

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 05:58 AM Reply

At 10/6/12 08:29 PM, Coop wrote: Hey, I only booked a double room - not a triple room, with two way mirror and popcorn dispenser >:(

Well, I know that I've paid for the room...

At 10/7/12 02:52 AM, Gagsy wrote:
Thats ok. You boys can have the bed.

And that makes me look very non-chivalrous, doesn't it?

Why is it that every London Meet that I attend, I either end up looking like a paedophile, a rapist, or a pimp?

Perhaps wearing the zoot suit to the meet this year isn't such a good idea...

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to NG London Meet IX 2013 Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 07:48 AM Reply

If we're in London we should check out some modern Ska

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature