It's a pretty good game, but there are a few additions that would make it much better, and less of a hassle.
1) Add a option to buy multiple troops at once. It's hell on the hand to click something repeatedly several hundred times in a row.
2) Add a option to trade multiple resources at once. It takes too long to just sit there holding the button, especially when you're wanting to sell your 500,000 lumber that you have no use for.
3) Add a option to build multiple buildings at once. Like with buying troops, it's annoying having to click the same thing repeatedly.
4) Increased loot drops from dungeons would be nice. It's almost not even worth doing the dungeons. No, scratch that, it is pointless to do the dungeons. You get almost nothing out of them other than maybe a handful of gems and mushrooms if you're lucky. But it doesn't take long until you're able to just buy tons of those.
5) The random events are a nice touch, but the way they are handled is kind of annoying, especially when they pop up in the middle of you bulk hiring troops. Maybe add a separate menu for them that just records them, and you can check them as you see fit? I also didn't like that the events halted resource gathering until you clicked close.
That's all I can think of. Those changes would make this game way more fun. That said, I still spent several hours playing this. I regret nothing.