00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

asanre just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Great idea

42,851 Views | 1,083 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Great idea 2003-11-23 13:42:21

Hey guys, havent posted in a while but just let me know if ya need me to draw anything else. Just remember that im always here, kinda like a guardian angel, but all i do is draw so im a guardian Sketch angel i guess.
Eh who knows.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-23 14:13:42

At 11/23/03 01:42 PM, Ragingflame99 wrote: Hey guys, havent posted in a while but just let me know if ya need me to draw anything else. Just remember that im always here, kinda like a guardian angel, but all i do is draw so im a guardian Sketch angel i guess.
Eh who knows.

Hey could you draw me a cool picture of the wishmaster?

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-23 14:28:12

WOW that is very smooth wish! very!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-23 14:33:55

he he he he he heh

Response to Great idea 2003-11-23 15:25:19

Thats an awesome sig Waste! I'm dedicated to this project... So I guess ill use it also... heh heh...

Should I draw a 45 degree angle of Tom? I don't know where in NG he will be... I kinda thought he would be completely disempowered and working at a 7-11 in Stick Ville (sp?) or something. I heard that some people thought that he was going to be frozen or locked up somewhere? Is it that no one has decided yet and people were just saying what they thought? Any-hoo, I'm gonna get started on that 45 of Tom Fulp... Whether we need it or not...

Response to Great idea 2003-11-23 15:29:14

ok i wasnt going to bud in, but honestly australia handed them the game? hah!, damn vigorey and robinson both played very well, everyone knows that uk deserved to win, and they did just that, damn the aussies and their homefield advantage

Response to Great idea 2003-11-23 18:58:52

yeah cheers LOTI u know the score

er just bored goin to bed now gonna wake up go to school then come home eat some crisps come on here read wastes and Ruthless's bitch ass long posts, keep reading, probably stuff i've read already watch sme boring program on tele come back on the computer cos i think i've missed something then realise u lot are asleep and that no one has posted write a boredmessage like this, then go back to sleep again. If u read all this u must be as bored as i am, peace and love.

[LN]

Response to Great idea 2003-11-23 19:53:16

HAHA i read it all Limp, yes im just as bored.

DOnt forget man, i am constantly working on my board, check there every night to see the new stuff i add. Once again, the link is www.freewebs.com/krlclan/beginning.html

Response to Great idea 2003-11-23 21:56:55

Alrighty, Im going to bed, but before i go...

I ask that everyone who is not about to sleep works on the project in my absence... But hey, no one really works on it in my presence.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 04:37:04

ok where the fuck is every one???????

its now morning and there has only been 2 posts by griffen here and 2 posts by MrRombie on mine about how he shags wookies i mean what the FUCCCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 06:42:58

I would like to help with this project. I can do some scripting if the spot is still open.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 07:51:15

Chaps. I might be out of touch with the project for 3 days because of some outside multimedia work, but if you need a job to do, talk to one of the other producers or myself and ill set you up.
dont loose faith in the project.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 09:23:55

actually. I have a mission for anyone willing.

I need tiles. Lots of tiles ^^.
- 40 x 40px. No sprites. All tiles must be vectors.
- Tiles must be either obsticle, or non obsticle. a border tile (half obsticle half not) will be dis-reguarded.
- In particular we need beachside tiles -- sand, grass, water, docks, esplinades and pathways. For now.
- Tiles must not be very detailed. Simple and sweet. Otherwise the game slows down dramatically.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 10:55:31

At 11/23/03 07:05 AM, thewasteofwebspace wrote:
- A script to change the view height of an object when you are either standing in front or behind it. like this:
if(player_y => tree){
//make tree behind player
}else{
//make player behind tree
}

sorry, i havent been on over the weekend, working. anyway if that little thing hasnt been answered already, i did this in a previous post here... cant find it, so ill just do it again.

in the actions of a tree on a layer above the player:
onClipEvent {
if(_root.player._y => this._y){
//make tree behind player
this._visible = false
}else if(_root.player._y < tree._y){
//make player behind tree
this._visible = true
}
}

also have an image of the tree on a layer below the player so that the tree doesnt seem to pop out of existance. you might have to play around with it before it looks realistic, and there might have to be something to stop the player from walking through the tree

*sees NGRPG sig*
lovely
*yoink*

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 12:50:01

I couldn't reply in my own thread bcause i posted five times, so dont read this unless your name is mr Rombie.

Thanks for the help, if you could spare me an example i will give you great credit.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 14:12:48

kk Hi everyone. Sorry for not posting/working so much this weekend, I just want to explain;
Thursday: Computer Crash 1(luckily, the clock shop was backuped)
Thursday: Fixed computer(or so I thought)
Thursday: Computer crash again
Friday: Formatted my Computer(140 GB)
Friday-Sunday: Went on a LAN with a temporary computer(unable to work with Flash)
Sunday: Fixed my computer(phew)
Monday: 8 homeworks, one exam for wednesday, really busy
Thursday: Prolly gonna work some more on the Clock Shop, maybe another shop...

-Axl

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 14:29:02

At 11/24/03 12:50 PM, mexxa wrote: I couldn't reply in my own thread bcause i posted five times, so dont read this unless your name is mr Rombie.

i think my name is mrrombie, what about him? ....er me?

-MrRombie

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 14:58:37

Waste! IM on the job man, ill do the tiles....

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 15:09:56

At 11/24/03 02:12 PM, axeltheman wrote: kk Hi everyone. Sorry for not posting/working so much this weekend, I just want to explain;
Thursday: Computer Crash 1(luckily, the clock shop was backuped)
Thursday: Fixed computer(or so I thought)
Thursday: Computer crash again
Friday: Formatted my Computer(140 GB)
Friday-Sunday: Went on a LAN with a temporary computer(unable to work with Flash)
Sunday: Fixed my computer(phew)
Monday: 8 homeworks, one exam for wednesday, really busy
Thursday: Prolly gonna work some more on the Clock Shop, maybe another shop...

-Axl

dont you just hate it when that happens?

do a madness shop next, you appear to be the best shopper around

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 16:27:35

So i'm guessing my ghetto legolas is not wanted. I wanted to help but i drew the chara too big and i don't feel like miniaturizing it. I can mail the .fla to whoever wants it. I don't need any credit i just don't want all that work to go to waste.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 16:29:53

At 11/24/03 04:27 PM, Deathcon7 wrote: So i'm guessing my ghetto legolas is not wanted. I wanted to help but i drew the chara too big and i don't feel like miniaturizing it. I can mail the .fla to whoever wants it. I don't need any credit i just don't want all that work to go to waste.

Sorry, i forgot to post a pic so you could see what he looks like.

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 16:32:06

Sorry, but this rpg is an rpg that's based on NG. I think the general idea most people working on the project have is to use classic stuff that's widely known, plus a few original stuff.. SO if you can convince them that the one of the few original characters in the rpg should be your elf, then its in. U want to talk to the producers for that, including MrRombie, thewasteofwebspace, Limpnoodle, or RuthlessBastard.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 17:52:51

HEHE look what i learned in maths today! hehe its quality. 1=0
hehe what a joke!

If u dont understand then u are stupid, but u must now call me your master for i have solved the impossible answer!

yeah anyway take a look!

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 19:50:57

Actually... Ur completly wrong.

1. No one ever assigned X/X-1 + X-1/X equals 2.

2. Am i right in assuming that X stands for any given variable? if so,, take 1 as X.. then you would have...

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 19:52:35

Actually... Ur completly wrong.

1. No one ever assigned X/X-1 + X-1/X equals 2.

2. Am i right in assuming that X stands for any given variable? if so,, take 1 as X.. then you would have...

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 20:03:32

O CRAP! Please allow me to correct myself... 0/1 = 0 and 1/0 = undefined.....

Other than that. i believe my argument is sound :)

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 20:46:20

At 11/24/03 05:52 PM, _LimpNoodle_ wrote: If u dont understand then u are stupid, but u must now call me your master for i have solved the impossible answer!

It's day 1 in Algebra where you learn that if x has no real value, it can't be used in an accurate equation. And I don't mean defining x is equal to 1. Go ahead and try to solve the original equation for x. In other words,
x/(x-1)+(x-1)/x=2 is false to begin with

But then again I always error up on little things like this. If you can solve for x, please share and I'll admit that I'm a dumbass. ... Otherwise, your teacher should be fired.

I wish I could go back to those times ... too many equations nowadays. Damn you, third power explicit differentiation! >:-(

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-24 21:34:34

At 11/24/03 08:46 PM, DaveS2357 wrote: x/(x-1)+(x-1)/x=2 is false to begin with

Right...i believe i said that when i said "1. No one ever assigned X/X-1 + X-1/X equals 2." but ya i completly agree that its false.

Limpnoodle, im sorry. Plz dont kick me out of the rpg!! PLZ!! AHH!!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-25 06:26:26

Ah u are wrong u cant assign x as the number 1. its not right u cant, u use common denominator method. the only reason it can possibly be explained by is that its an asemtope (a graph that has two cuves not joining eg the tan curve) so there u have it the answer.

NNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWAAAAAAAAY back to the RPG i sent an e-mail to tom and wade asking about their character usage and i havent got a reply as of yet.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-25 07:41:30

What is this...the math topic? Lol...anyways, sorry if I haven't posted lately. I'm beginning to become inclined towards using Limp's board but I guess I'll use both. If you want to know what's going on completely, you should check the other board in the bg group project section. If you guys didn't notice, waste's completed and improved engine is out and now we can start complete creation of the levels. Tthe theme has been changed from 'The Newgrounds' towns being on a huge landscape to being on seperate islands. I may start on the first level today (once again) but I have a lot of other stuff do to, even for the game, such as organizing the main events and other stuff. Well, I'm off to school right now (doubt any of you care but meh..) I'll be back later if any has any trouble with something.