00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Great idea

42,883 Views | 1,083 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 16:02:28

At 11/17/03 03:57 PM, Jafit-man wrote: i notice 10 people dedecated to the visual appearence of the game. if it doesnt look absolutely spectacular, then everyone else should be able to throw things, shout and generally shun the graphics and special effects depts for lazyness, its only fair :P

Ur completely right! I promise right now i will work like a madman, but I expect others to keep up and dedicate REAL time to this thing so its not just a flop!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 16:44:41

well, if the graphics dept is bored, then you can start making some monsters for battle mode... here's the *.fla for a character template i just made, hope you can do something with it

character_template.fla

if you have problems with it then shout at me at this address: jafitman@hotmail.com

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 17:28:55

At 11/17/03 04:44 PM, Jafit-man wrote: well, if the graphics dept is bored, then you can start making some monsters for battle mode... here's the *.fla for a character template i just made, hope you can do something with it

character_template.fla

if you have problems with it then shout at me at this address: jafitman@hotmail.com

Slight problem...
I don't know if im the only one, but I have Flash 5 and not mx. You can all yell at me and stuff, but I can't view the file^^. Axel tried to give it to me, but it was all screwed up. I can still do graphix and animation and stuff, but it'l be in flash 5. Any suggestions to getting MX?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 17:35:04

At 11/17/03 04:44 PM, Jafit-man wrote: well, if the graphics dept is bored, then you can start making some monsters for battle mode... here's the *.fla for a character template i just made, hope you can do something with it

character_template.fla

Very nice template man! Pretty explanatory on where to put what, and I'm sure it's going to come in handy for creating and organizing characters in the game =) Thank you so much for putting that together, it's going to simplify everything and make everything much easier. Now we just need to get a few enemies to battle with.

Thewaste, we are sooo using your movement engine man. Why wouldn't we use it? The resulting movement is very nice, and those groovy music loops are sweet! Anyways, we just have to make sure that the .fla for the movement engine is resized from 600x320 to 600x400. Also, you sent me the movement engine without sound, so I was just wondering if you could send it to me with sound (at any point in time, I understand how you have exams and stuff).

For all of you people interested in making trailers, I just want to let you know that my friend ( <EpSiLoN> ) made a small trailer over the weekend for the NG RPG. It's not extremely specific, but it's a pretty nice trailer overall. I know you guys wanted to make trailers, and you still can, I just wanted to share this with you. CongClock already checked it out I believe. The link is:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=135381

I don't think I'll be able to put a lot of work into the project for today since I have a huge english test as well as homework tomorrow, but if I have any time left over I will make sure that I do. Anyways, hopefully I will be able to do something. Saxe, hopefully I will be done your backdrop for the store by tomorrow at the latest. Nice items btw guys =) Don't think I didn't notice them, and sorry for not mentioning them before. They will come in very nicely for the game. Thanks again everyone!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 17:47:50

YES that teaser! its getting shit reviews! that is great cos then we can turn round and slap it in their faces! hehe i want to put some of those reviews on a site or summink its priceless! (noticed how the score is high though all of us are voting 5 lol!)

Oh Rutheless u and thewaste are probably the only ones who need to log on to my BBS the link is in my sig!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 17:51:46

At 11/17/03 02:20 PM, _LimpNoodle_ wrote: hey ya

MrRombie shall i make u an Administrator for the NG RPG area?

yea dude that would be awsome. I will link my site to your forms and delete my old one, and we can use the new one.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 17:59:54

At 11/17/03 05:51 PM, MrRombie wrote:
At 11/17/03 02:20 PM, _LimpNoodle_ wrote: hey ya

MrRombie shall i make u an Administrator for the NG RPG area?
yea dude that would be awsome. I will link my site to your forms and delete my old one, and we can use the new one.

The power is urs! but only on the NG RPG thread. I dunno what powers it gives u so can u list them some where, so i know what u can do!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 20:25:28

these are some of my ideas that the characters might look like. im giving you permission to make fun of the first one (i made that is like 2 seconds) but i like the 2nd one, especially his dr suess hands :/ anime for our RPG.

feedback, you, now!

Great idea

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

BBS Signature

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 20:29:26

At 11/17/03 05:35 PM, RuthlessBastard wrote:

character_template.fla

Very nice template man! Pretty explanatory on where to put what, and I'm sure it's going to come in handy for creating and organizing characters in the game =) Thank you so much for putting that together, it's going to simplify everything and make everything much easier. Now we just need to get a few enemies to battle with.

Thewaste, we are sooo using your movement engine man. Why wouldn't we use it? The resulting movement is very nice, and those groovy music loops are sweet! Anyways, we just have to make sure that the .fla for the movement engine is resized from 600x320 to 600x400.

So shall it be written, so shall it be done.

Also, you sent me the movement engine without sound, so I was just wondering if you could send it to me with sound (at any point in time, I understand how you have exams and stuff).

Sure, in a sec...
Hmm. Ok, the game with the sounds ( which are high quality waves ) is about 9.8mb. hehe. Remind me to compress the sound ;) stooopid obsolete waves...

For all of you people interested in making trailers, I just want to let you know that my friend ( <EpSiLoN> ) made a small trailer over the weekend for the NG RPG. It's not extremely specific, but it's a pretty nice trailer overall. I know you guys wanted to make trailers, and you still can, I just wanted to share this with you. CongClock already checked it out I believe. The link is:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=135381

Hmm. Its not bad... its pretty low rated, i personally would have rated it more. Despite that, I want this game to be so good that everyone on newgrounds knows about it -- and I want the trailer to give it that look. It should have been more exiting, insted of someone looking over a out-tweening backdrop and some shiny text effects. Once I get around to it, ill make the game trailer, as i promiced i would. And please, before posting on the portal in the name of everyone, make sure everyone KNOWS about it. :)

I don't think I'll be able to put a lot of work into the project for today since I have a huge english test as well as homework tomorrow, but if I have any time left over I will make sure that I do. Anyways, hopefully I will be able to do something. Saxe, hopefully I will be done your backdrop for the store by tomorrow at the latest. Nice items btw guys =) Don't think I didn't notice them, and sorry for not mentioning them before. They will come in very nicely for the game. Thanks again everyone!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 20:57:48

i have a small question on how we are getting this to newgrounds... when this is donee there is no way its going to be under 5.0 mb. i think we should split it up into parts (like how ff uses discs) and have people send them. or we could send a 4 mb demo and have ppl come to (y)our website to play it. if we go with one of those first to plans we dont have to hold back anything... BUT ppl with 56k and gonna rot in their chairs waiting for it to load if you go with plan 2. so if you(we) choose plan 2 then we can put in LOADING... thing inbetween scenes of the game so loading the starting menu doesnt take several hours (kind of like the Ronin) game. that solves that problem, but if we go with plan 1, how are we gonna transfer data within the sections? we need a password script thing (like in that Ronin game lol). just an issue i thought i might let everyone notice.

BBS Signature

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 21:27:13

At 11/17/03 03:43 PM, axeltheman wrote: The big ass list without RagingFlame99 on it

Ive contributed more than my fare share of help, i think it's time you slapped my name on there.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 00:47:50

Heres somone i drew. Its a news person for a movie me and a freind has been working on, maybe it might have a place in the rpg?...

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 01:15:18

At 11/17/03 09:27 PM, Ragingflame99 wrote: Ive contributed more than my fare share of help, i think it's time you slapped my name on there.

Sorry Ragingflame.

:: Lead Producer ::
RuthlessBastard

::Co Producer::
thewasteofwebspace
MrRombie

:: Graphics and Animation ::
Ragingflame99
xDragonSlayeRx
SlackerSoHa
BassProjectX
MagicalMusicalPika
maakkleine
griffenmaster
saxe
Axeltheman(yes, I'm in on this too)

:: Graphic Special Effects ::
Cheapo2002 - (Guns and Explosions department)
LiveCorpse - (Gore and Violence department)
Axeltheman - (Magic & gradients department)

:: Sounds ::
_LimpNoodle_
KongClock - (Some voices)

:: Scripting and Programming ::
CrookedAsterisk
Jafit-man
MagicalMusicalPika
BassProjectX
<EpSiLoN>

:: Volunteers and Helpers ::
mexxa
Raging-Tiger
Qwertypod
SeiyruRenaih

If i missed anyone please tell me, ill update the list on the web-site too.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 02:20:47

Would anyone wanna make a vietnam/ww2/ and other war movies with me. I need someone for animation,sound,and drawing. If you would be willing to lend me your services i would be very honored to have you helping me. Pleas email me at gtoman196903@aol.com / AIM me at Matt2cool25 or Reply on my forum here on the BBS ( there all around )

Thanks alot and i hope to be working with you soon, Matt
( proudly a new Eagle Scout ( Nov 16 03 )

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 07:26:28

yo this shit is dying! we gotta keep it alive.
i got a few action codes i need to have a job to to. i hope u got those tiles waste if not email me.

Where abouts are we with this anyway?! What have we got done?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 08:03:26

seriosuly. we cant do the game, when we all just do what we think the game needs. we have to make a plan for who is doing what! that would make it easier. Also, if we all had messenger, we could take and share files there, and that would help alot too

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 09:10:17

Yeah good point. However if we all do differnt thinks its gonna be one huge mixture of styles! and it'll look an absolute mess. we gotta start on making things that will all join in together and work on it.

I have messenger and seriously put me in ur buddy list NOW (if u got it!)

limp_noodle_creations@hotmail.com

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 09:22:42

At 11/18/03 12:47 AM, MrRombie wrote: Heres somone i drew. Its a news person for a movie me and a freind has been working on, maybe it might have a place in the rpg?...

Wow! Awesome!!!!! (800th post)

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 09:34:47

erm thewaste can u send me ur movement engine i just wanna have a little twissle to see if i can understand most of the code. cos i need to learn stuff!

email is in one of the posts above

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 12:39:37

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 15:13:00

At 11/17/03 05:28 PM, Cheapo2002 wrote: Slight problem...
I don't know if im the only one, but I have Flash 5 and not mx. You can all yell at me and stuff, but I can't view the file^^. Axel tried to give it to me, but it was all screwed up. I can still do graphix and animation and stuff, but it'l be in flash 5. Any suggestions to getting MX?

Cheapo I too have Flash 5. Anyone who submitts any .fla please make sure there is also a .fla in flash 5 format.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 15:36:25

sorry, ill go put a flash 5 version up there aswell

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 15:47:07

at http://jafitman.h0ed.net/RPG/rpg.html you shall find the flash MX and flash 5 versions

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 16:05:52

sigh, no it's not... its:
http://jafitman.h0ed.net/rpg.html

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 17:20:41

Hi guys, it's me once again...

Despite my absence from posting I have still been checking up on the posts and working on the game. Saxe, I've almost finished the backdrop for your store. Hmmm...I also believe that we have a small crisis with the stores..I mean, there are so many stores for the game, but the programmers are going to have an extremely hard time putting everything together. That's why I think it's fair to say that we need a bit of help with the programming. If you are fluent in Actionscript, (especially manipulating variables, etc.) please join if you are interested. This will make the workload much less for everyone and make everything simpler overall. Also, I would like to ask that if you haven't added the people on your MSN Messenger (if you have msn) from the team yet, I strongly suggest that you do. Thank you everyone for your contributions--shops, items, tiles, characters, and other stuff. I will be on later today. Thanks again everyone.

-RuthlessBastard

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 17:58:31

At 11/18/03 03:47 PM, Jafit-man wrote: at http://jafitman.h0ed.net/RPG/rpg.html you shall find the flash MX and flash 5 versions

Thx very much.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 17:59:20

will someone please say something about my posts?! i drew some ppl and no one says ne thing. then mr rombie draws something and everyone is like WOW!! THATS AWESOME!! could you at least critizize my work?!!?

BBS Signature

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 18:11:16

i dont think theyre that good, the muscles look like theyre stuck on,

goto: http://www.howtodrawmanga.com to hopefully learn to draw anime better.

i think we've got enough artists for now anyway (10 or 11 now) so unless you're exceptionally good, then i dont think you can help much

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 18:14:48

Hey guys, i wanted to make an original Elf guy. I was wondering if ya needed something of the sort.

Oh, btw, i'm not in the team so i'm not sure if that voids my pic. I would like to help though.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-18 18:17:53

At 11/18/03 05:59 PM, SayHi2Death wrote: will someone please say something about my posts?!

Sure. Re post some pictures and I promise i will give my opinion.
I am sorry for not taking notice in your posts, i was occupied with my workings...