00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Limaou just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Great idea

42,850 Views | 1,083 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 18:53:14

Sorry to crush your cookies guys, but this aint gunna work, there is so much planning and too many kiddies pretending to be big flash animators. If you open the main flash file to the public, it'll be seconds before some kid comes along and deletes it from the ftp server... dont bother dudes

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 18:57:14

OOOH I 4got... it is 5 backdrops right?!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 19:14:36

At 11/16/03 06:53 PM, Hellsguy1 wrote: Sorry to crush your cookies guys, but this aint gunna work, there is so much planning and too many kiddies pretending to be big flash animators. If you open the main flash file to the public, it'll be seconds before some kid comes along and deletes it from the ftp server... dont bother dudes

lemme ask you somethin... have you ever tried to do anything with other people?! we've gone really far makin this game and its people like you that are gonna be pissed when it turns out kickin ass! we have people assigned to different areas of the game so the ones puttin it together get all the stuff they need anyways. so next time you ridicule somethin great think about the fact that it could be planned out beeter than you think! Bastard!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 19:38:59

At 11/16/03 06:53 PM, Hellsguy1 wrote:

:If you open the main flash file to the public, it'll be seconds before some kid comes along and deletes it from the ftp server... dont bother dudes

We arent going to have the game just open to everyone... thats just plain stupid. If someone who has proven that they are dedicated to the project asks for main file because they want to work on it, then we will send it to them. And I dont think we're dumb enough to have only have one copy of the game.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 19:40:23

At 11/16/03 06:53 PM, Hellsguy1 wrote: Sorry to crush your cookies guys, but this aint gunna work, there is so much planning and too many kiddies pretending to be big flash animators. If you open the main flash file to the public, it'll be seconds before some kid comes along and deletes it from the ftp server... dont bother dudes

nice of u to waste ur first BBS post on us. U seem to be that little kiddie who will come alond and try to blam, so just no ok no! i cant belive it arrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh>!!!!!!!!!! what the crap! neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 20:12:31

Long time? Where are your movies?? Where's you're sig??? Where's your freakin respect????

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 20:16:15

Here i finished the boots and the misc. RPG related stuff (ill post it next)

things left
1)Gloves
2)helms

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 20:17:50

heres the misc. rpg stuff:
treasure chests opened and closed, bags empty and full, switches, buttons, yadda yadda yadda. What else do i need?

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 21:36:30

ya that does sound good, i could help with ideas for it, my aim is hail 6six6 satan, my msn is karhascd@hotmail.com

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 21:53:56

At 11/16/03 09:50 PM, Lukass wrote: My msn is joedamne@hotmail.com

all we have to do is press the E-mail author button or whatever it is.
jesus!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 22:22:39

I got a couple of questions about the backgrounds I'm doing:
question one: How many backgrounds should there be for each level?
question two: At a 45 degree angle view wouldnt it just show the ground like in the zelda or pokemon games for gameboy?
queston three: What do you expect the backgrounds to look like?
question four: To go with question three (see question three) What exactly are all of the levels?
question five: Will you guys please post any and all ideas for stages you might have? You might give of ideas for backgrounds for the stage already being made lol.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 22:31:45

Hey everyboy, i just want too ask everyone to please get msn messenger. I know our previous choice was aim because it has file sharing, but i've already connected with axel, and saxe on msn messenger. Go to msn.com and search for it. After you find it sign up and get a .net passport. It's fast and free. Here's some contacts to add after installation:

Awsome556@hotmail.com - me, Cheapo2002
Axel_the_man@hotmail.com - axel
phpgud@hotmail.com - saxe
thewasteofwebspace@hotmail.com

These are all I know for now. Plz, everyone post your @hotmail, @msn, or @passport names here.

-TY
The Cheap

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 23:56:56

At 11/16/03 10:22 PM, Ry-Dogg2009 wrote: I got a couple of questions about the backgrounds I'm doing:
question four: To go with question three (see question three) What exactly are all of the levels?

From what I understand, they aren't exactly 'levels', they are like towns. Thewasteofwebspace made a map that i think we will be using. You can find it on the NG RPG website under Concept Work.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 00:33:52

My MSN name is sk8_god_053@hotmail.com (vary, vary old, when i used to skateboard) and my AIM is MrRombie.

Man the boots and items look awsome dude, keep up the good work. Just make whatever comes to mind, like maybe a book, coat, blaming wand, whatever.

Ry-Dogg, take your time on the backgrounds, dont rush though and post 15second jobs, take your time, because if you rush the stuff, then it going to look like shit, and no one is going to use it.

Ok who ever is now new to the project, please e-mail me, and ill assign you to do somthing for the project. You MUST have flash, and able to use it, we dont have time to teach anyone.
e-mail me at sic_of_life_0@yahoo.com and for the subject, put in Newgrounds RPG, so i know its not that damn spammer.

Everyone keep up the great work, its going good. This game will be completed.

-MrRombie

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 04:03:53

Hellsguy1:

"I've been a Newgrounds viewer for a long time. So Respect Me"

Wow, guys, we better respect this guy - he's been with Newgrounds for an entire 11 months AND he knows how to make text bold, italic and underlined!!! Wow.

Oh, and I forget to mention his one post, 315 experience points and lack of Flash movies.

Don't mess with this guy!

Dude, you should ask NG admin if you can come and work for them!

...Pffft.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 07:36:00

Haha hellsguy. What day did god create you, and couldnt he have rested on that day too? I pee on your grave lame ass. You coulda at LEAST read all the posts before shaming yourself.

Annnnyway people we are starting to loose direction again. I notice people are ignoring everyones posts and good work isnt being credited.

Ragingflame. If you didnt already hear it, all your items made in flash ABSOLUTLY KICK ASS and most of them will surely be used in the game. I demand you send them to my address, STAT :P

(embassary911@hotmail.com) <--- This is my chat address. If you just wanna mail me its (thewasteofwebspace@hotmail.com), and im on MSN around now.

Once school ends ill be seeing you chaps alot more. Im just trying to keep the project going forward in my 'absesnce'. So sorry for not being here and being omni present as i was -- replying to every single post.

I just want people to keep in check for the next 4 days. Ill be back soon to boss you all around, muhahaha.

Of course I jest. I always seem to think im being bossy, so if someone wants more tightassness/less tightassness, more leadership for others, just tell me, im sure others think the same as what you think.

Night

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 07:43:53

At 11/16/03 10:22 PM, Ry-Dogg2009 wrote: I got a couple of questions about the backgrounds I'm doing:
question one: How many backgrounds should there be for each level?

There will be about 4-5 backgrounds per level, the first one being a rest zone and the last on being a boss zone.

question two: At a 45 degree angle view wouldnt it just show the ground like in the zelda or pokemon games for gameboy?

Well, yeah, it would sow mostly the ground but that doesn't mean that it won't be interesting :P To make it more appealing make sure you draw a few additional objects (trees, etc.)

queston three: What do you expect the backgrounds to look like?

For the in game walking part, the floor should consist of tiles, and other objects should be placed above those very tiles. For the battle engine, it should be a 2d backdrop that is fairly similar to what the stage looked like it before battle.

Most of the levels (at the moment) can be found a loooong way back on this topic, in which thewasteofwebspace drew a map for all of the locations.

question five: Will you guys please post any and all ideas for stages you might have? You might give of ideas for backgrounds for the stage already being made lol.

Well guys, sorry that I wasn't on yesterday once again. I did take the liberty to do a bit of drawing in flash and reading up to page 25 yesterday, but I didn't post because of the large amount of work I had due for today. Thewasteofwebspace, I can't wait to see that 'talking' engine. Also, using your walking engine I was able to insert the grass tiles that I made as well as a store and other stuff. I can tell you right now that the grass tiles looked like wild and long grass when they were finished, and I thin we should use yours for normal populated areas (unless the character travels into the wild) Also, since all of you have been working on different shop systems, I drew a shop in the 45 degree angle view that can be used to harbour one of yours. I still have to fix up the inside, but I think that when it is finished it will give it a nice rpg feel to it. Saxe, I've done some of the backdrop for your shop, but I continue to work on it and improve it as we speak. Also, jafit-man and I think it was either LimpNoodle (or saxe? correct me if I'm wrong ) came up with a pretty good beginning story once you're inside 'The Newgrounds'. I'll run that through you guys when Ii ocme back from school. Oh, and by the way, LimpNoodle, can you send me the password to the new bbs? My e-mail is infinity_haven@hotmail.com. I'll be back later today. Thanks again guys.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 08:02:40

Well guys, sorry that I wasn't on yesterday once again. I did take the liberty to do a bit of drawing in flash and reading up to page 25 yesterday, but I didn't post because of the large amount of work I had due for today. Thewasteofwebspace, I can't wait to see that 'talking' engine.

Neither can I... :P

Also, using your walking engine I was able to insert the grass tiles that I made as well as a store and other stuff. I can tell you right now that the grass tiles looked like wild and long grass when they were finished, and I thin we should use yours for normal populated areas (unless the character travels into the wild)

Erm. So are we or are we not using my engine, which I repeat, I am deleting and restarting for mantainance.

Also, since all of you have been working on different shop systems, I drew a shop in the 45 degree angle view that can be used to harbour one of yours. I still have to fix up the inside, but I think that when it is finished it will give it a nice rpg feel to it. Saxe, I've done some of the backdrop for your shop, but I continue to work on it and improve it as we speak. Also, jafit-man and I think it was either LimpNoodle (or saxe? correct me if I'm wrong ) came up with a pretty good beginning story once you're inside 'The Newgrounds'. I'll run that through you guys when Ii ocme back from school. Oh, and by the way, LimpNoodle, can you send me the password to the new bbs? My e-mail is infinity_haven@hotmail.com. I'll be back later today. Thanks again guys.

Password me too Limp. That BBS looks stable. I put forward the notion that we move the thread there. does anyone agree? I mean, no point in keeping it in 2 places -- and swf posting is very helpful, and from the list of features, i think we will be better off working with our own systems and hierachy.

Toodles all.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 08:30:35

Ok, i updated the shop some... it still go into negatives, but i'm working on it

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 09:46:06

Ahhhhhh, un-banned. i can talk again, problem is i have nothing to say other than i'm still workin on the battle engine and 0still- hope to finish it soon, but i keep seeing bits that can be done better, so i try doing them better, then it breaks, then i fix it, then its a bit better.

and i had an idea for the game story line. since you have to get into newgrounds from the real world, you have to ge through the portal, so to get through you'd have to not get blammed. maybe you could fight your way through people like 'safety patrol' and 'elite guard' and other ranks of Blam/Protect user. stuff like that, then at the end of the portal, you have to get past P-bot and into NG itself

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 10:02:35

At 11/17/03 07:36 AM, thewasteofwebspace wrote: Ragingflame. If you didnt already hear it, all your items made in flash ABSOLUTLY KICK ASS and most of them will surely be used in the game.

Woohoo ! I love it when they have that reaction

(embassary911@hotmail.com) <--- This is my chat address. If you just wanna mail me its (thewasteofwebspace@hotmail.com), and im on MSN around now.

thewastewebspace@hotmail.com is full on your inbox so icant send them, should i send to embassy911?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 10:07:57

At 11/17/03 08:30 AM, saxe wrote: Ok, i updated the shop some... it still go into negatives, but i'm working on it

Oh, i forgot a link: www.ssjpride.dk/shop.swf

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 11:20:30

LO

sup, gettin a bit bored, dont have anything to do!

er need some solid items like rocks, trees, ladders etc?

Oh by the way Log on to my BBS!!! only a few people left, we got 9 of us so far!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 12:05:04

that forum's ok, can i have the password for the NGRPG area pls

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 12:12:45

At 11/17/03 12:05 PM, Jafit-man wrote: can i have the password for the NGRPG area pls

nevermind

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 13:39:13

Heres the list of members, if i em missing anyone, that are REAL members, please tell me and ill put your name up.

To be a real member, you must of posted in this form more than once, and you are helping out with the project.

:: Lead Producer ::
RuthlessBastard

::Co Producer::
thewasteofwebspace
MrRombie

:: Graphics and Animation ::
xDragonSlayeRx
SlackerSoHa
BassProjectX
MagicalMusicalPika
maakkleine
griffenmaster
saxe

:: Graphic Special Effects ::
Cheapo2002 - (Guns and Explosions department)
LiveCorpse - (Gore and Violence department)

:: Sounds ::
_LimpNoodle_
KongClock - (Some voices)

:: Scripting and Programming ::
CrookedAsterisk
Jafit-man
MagicalMusicalPika
BassProjectX
<EpSiLoN>

:: Volunteers and Helpers ::
mexxa
Raging-Tiger
Qwertypod
SeiyruRenaih

Yea, and that idea with moving the forms to Limp's one is a good idea, ill move them today.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 13:52:29

At 11/17/03 01:39 PM, MrRombie wrote: The list of members

hmm, are we going to have to do one of those portal buddy things for ALL these people or something? or will ruthless bastard submit it alone? and yes, i'm aware that we're quite far from submision right now

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 14:20:50

hey ya

MrRombie shall i make u an Administrator for the NG RPG area?

i have no idea whats goin on. I have drawn a few landscape items (e.g. rocks) which i will post some where.

[LN]

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 15:43:04

dammit!

:: Lead Producer ::
RuthlessBastard

::Co Producer::
thewasteofwebspace
MrRombie

:: Graphics and Animation ::
xDragonSlayeRx
SlackerSoHa
BassProjectX
MagicalMusicalPika
maakkleine
griffenmaster
saxe
Axeltheman(yes, I'm in on this too)

:: Graphic Special Effects ::
Cheapo2002 - (Guns and Explosions department)
LiveCorpse - (Gore and Violence department)
Axeltheman - (Magic & gradients department)

:: Sounds ::
_LimpNoodle_
KongClock - (Some voices)

:: Scripting and Programming ::
CrookedAsterisk
Jafit-man
MagicalMusicalPika
BassProjectX
<EpSiLoN>

:: Volunteers and Helpers ::
mexxa
Raging-Tiger
Qwertypod
SeiyruRenaih

-Axl

Response to Great idea 2003-11-17 15:57:59

hmm, theres no point in listing someone twice, waste's doing the movement engine, that falls under scripting, but apparently hes a producer aswell. theres a couple of people who would fall under more than one catagory. we dont have to finalise the credits though, since the game doesnt actually exist yet

i notice 10 people dedecated to the visual appearence of the game. if it doesnt look absolutely spectacular, then everyone else should be able to throw things, shout and generally shun the graphics and special effects depts for lazyness, its only fair :P