00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nawnagon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Secret Service - Warning to all!

43,788 Views | 669 Replies

Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:17:08

We have recently had a couple users get a visit from the Secret Service over posts they made that included threats towards the President. YOU CAN NO DO THIS! YOU CAN NO JOKE ABOUT THIS! The Secret Service has to investigate any threat made towards the President, even if it apperas to be a joke, and no matter what the age is of the person making the threat.

I personally got a call from the Secret Service just last week at my home over a post made on our forums. I just heard another user had the Secret Service show up at his house and question him and his family. I can't verify that for sure, but I can verify I was contacted by the Secret Service regarding another user.

So unless you want to risk the Secret Service showing up at your home, possibly taking your computer, quesetioning your family, maybe friends, teachers, etc, DO NOT JOKE AROUND.

If you find this hard to believe go Google up info about the Secret Service and you will see just how seriously they take threats, even if they appear to be harmless jokes.

While I was happy to assist the Secret Service in their investigation, and the agent was very nice and proffesional, I don't appreciate that the user who made the threat wasted my time and our government's time.

From now on anyone who makes a threat against the President, or anything that would warrant an investigation by the Secret Service, the offending user will have their account terminated, possibly after WE contact the Secret Service ourselves to report the threat made.

DO NOT screw around with this. You do not want to find yourself on some government watch list, have the SS coming to your door, etc, over what you think is a joke.

If anyone leaves any smart ass replies to this topic, such as a threat to the President, your account will be terminated.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:18:31

Hide your loved ones?

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:18:36

Are you fuckin serious? Damn, I'm really tempted to post something, bad, but I'm now a little scared, lmfao.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:18:53

Serious Business.

I wont joke anymore ;_;

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:19:26

but i think it would be fun to surprise them with a banana in my coat pocket :D

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:19:28

Cellardoor6 did it.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:19:52

At 5/23/07 11:19 PM, MidnyteRayne wrote: Cellardoor6 did 9/11.

fixed ;D

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:19:53

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:21:08

At 5/23/07 11:19 PM, The-Doctor wrote: but i think it would be fun to surprise them with a banana in my coat pocket :D

Oh shit sorry

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:21:28

At 5/23/07 11:20 PM, Electric-Bla wrote: Wahahahaha!!!
Ah... *wipes tear from eye*
God bless America.

Yes... *cough* indeed... yes... erm...

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:21:56

That's crazy man, I've never heard of such a thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:22:14

Am I still allowed to call the President a retarded douchebag?

On a serious note, doesn't the SS have better things to do than investigate our BBS? Shit. Go America.

Je pense, donc je suis.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:22:15

I'll just do what they did during the Vietnam war, go to Canada. Then I can post threats right?

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:22:41

I'm glad I never decided to ever post anything Politcal.

That's a little scary, to be honest.

I never know they would take anything really that seriously. Especially when a bunch of kids around my age are usually the main culprits.

I guess they really are crackin' down.

Jason Becker, will of steel. | Django Reinhardt, the greatest.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:22:54

Oh shit really?! Oh man they don't fuck around do they. I'm actually worried now. George Bush is a very Excellent president! He's the best ever!

Wow that's serious shit right there.

Wait, you can call the SS? Cool I'm gonna ask them to add me to their myspace.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:23:56

If we're Canadian can we make threats?

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:24:16

i remember i got banned for saying that in a "who would you assassinate?" topic a LONG time ago, yet i didnt have any SS knockin at my door...

am i in trouble now?

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:24:21

At 5/23/07 11:17 PM, WadeFulp wrote: YOU CAN NO DO THIS! YOU CAN NO JOKE ABOUT THIS!

I'm going to insult anyone.

DO NOT JOKE AROUND.

Big fucking deal the secret service is overeacting AGAIN.

DO NOT screw around with this.

I will not but what about the others?

You know what I think Secret Service, you act like the almighty boss of the web all damn day. I think it's about time that you came to your senses about what the people of the U.S have to say.

Nothing here anymore.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:24:26

I do belive this is a record high for newgrounds. Or low, however you want to say it.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:25:42

This is indeed an interesting time for the internet.

Why would someone joke around like that? That's just some stupid shit.

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||

NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:25:51

At 5/23/07 11:22 PM, BirthofaNova wrote: Am I still allowed to call the President a retarded douchebag?

On a serious note, doesn't the SS have better things to do than investigate our BBS? Shit. Go America.

Yes sir you are Allowed to do so.

Nothing here anymore.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:26:26

At 5/23/07 11:17 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
If anyone leaves any smart ass replies to this topic, such as a threat to the President, your account will be terminated.

Guys can you act fucking serious for once?
Don't worry wade, i believe you.

Veritas est index sui et falsi. (Truth is the criterion of itself and the false.)

Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero. (Sieze the day; trust little in tomorrow.)

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:27:16

Heh, i remember some kid in my grade 6 class was on the internet and posted something somewhere. the next day the Secret Service came and took him in for questioning.

He apparently did it again.

Hope he drops the soap.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:27:27

At 5/23/07 11:17 PM, WadeFulp wrote: YOU CAN NO DO THIS! YOU CAN NO JOKE ABOUT THIS!

For some reason that made me burst into laughter.

Resident furfag, and (one of) Newground's bastard child(s).

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:28:29

I contemplating whether I WANT the secret service to come to my house. What do they do? Just ask you retarded questions on whether you're serious, even though both parties know you weren't?

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:29:01

They send the SS at you because you say things on the internet ? I mean, everything on the internet is true, we all know this guys huh ?

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:29:31

So you can still make fun of the president but not make threats against him, Am I right.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:29:39

Oh Maus, thanks for that link. That really lent credibility to what Wade was saying. Now, I see WHY they have to follow through on everything...but it just seems so silly. Better safe than sorry, I know. Oh well. People should realize that there are consequences to their actions.

Je pense, donc je suis.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:30:00

I do think its pretty sad that the Secret Service have nothing better to do then lurk newgrounds. No wonder America is in the shits.

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-23 23:30:01

The main point of this post was to help edcuate everyone that may not know about the Secret Service investigating threats made against the President.

If they find you are not a threat, there isn't any real harm done. However, I'm not sure many of you would want the SS coming to your house as it might really anger your parents, they may take away your computer, you may get a bad rep in your community, etc.

I'm not sure how the SS handles threats from over seas. Say one of you in the UK makes a threat. Maybe the SS calls their buddies in the UK and the UK's police carry out the investigation, which could be worse than a SS investigation. I don't know, but I don't think I'd want to find out. :)

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature