00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

423,172 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-18 19:40:19

Yo it's leth and hes asking questions. This is new. I would have thought he was gay.....

Actually no i would have never thought that. HE was too big of an asshole to be gay. No offense to leth of course. :p

Yo so im at a predicament here. My school(martial arts) is changing... ALot.... In kind of the worse way possible. It started off with the WTF getting mad at my Master for changing the forms a bit. He changed some of the stances such as using low front stance instead of walking stance for forms. The low front stance was better since it looked better and also help generate more power and balance. Then of course the worse came. Advertisement. Many of you know my school is pretty damn big. We have about 600 students give or take and well thats alot. Now a company decided to sell things to us and well its really fucking retarded. I really think it is beyond retarded. Im not sure how this is gonna turn out in the end but i might think about leaving my school.... I really dont want to do that.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-18 20:37:11

I am such a good friend

My friends all want to be as...well, they want to be able to kick ass. As often as i tell them that kicking ass isn't what martial arts is for, they don't believe me. so, for Christmas, i'm getting them all a month's training with my sensei, and if they want, they can go furthur than that. So what do you think? Awesome gift idea or what?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-18 20:55:26

At 12/18/05 07:40 PM, dsmking wrote: Yo it's leth and hes asking questions. This is new. I would have thought he was gay.....

Actually no i would have never thought that. HE was too big of an asshole to be gay. No offense to leth of course. :p

Yo so im at a predicament here. My school(martial arts) is changing... ALot.... In kind of the worse way possible. It started off with the WTF getting mad at my Master for changing the forms a bit. He changed some of the stances such as using low front stance instead of walking stance for forms. The low front stance was better since it looked better and also help generate more power and balance. Then of course the worse came. Advertisement. Many of you know my school is pretty damn big. We have about 600 students give or take and well thats alot. Now a company decided to sell things to us and well its really fucking retarded. I really think it is beyond retarded. Im not sure how this is gonna turn out in the end but i might think about leaving my school.... I really dont want to do that.

Sorry to hear about what's happening. I know someone who can offer better advice than I can. I've known about this website before I joined the club. I didn't post it because the site is more about product evaluations and self-defense concepts, rather than martial arts. It's www.themartialist.com and here are the links to two short articles that I think you'll find very informative. http://www.themartia..com/ontheoutside.htm
and the other one is http://www.themartia../leavingwingchun.htm
(The guy who's in charge of this on-line magazine had the same problems you're encountering).... The short articles showcase another one of the reasons why I decided not to take up Traditional Martial Arts.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-19 16:55:55

At 12/18/05 07:20 PM, Monocrom wrote: Macys

Leth lives in Sweden... so i'm not sure if they have the same retail stores over there.

On a side note though, sorry it's been so long since I posted. Been working my but off at the shop to get more money for Christmas (I don't want to dip into my insurance money more than I have)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-19 17:34:51

At 12/19/05 04:55 PM, -TheFaces- wrote:
At 12/18/05 07:20 PM, Monocrom wrote: Macys
Leth lives in Sweden... so i'm not sure if they have the same retail stores over there.

On a side note though, sorry it's been so long since I posted. Been working my but off at the shop to get more money for Christmas (I don't want to dip into my insurance money more than I have)

Wow.... Sweden.... Yeah, that might make it a bit difficult to get to a Macy's. I got to admit, the one good thing about not being too popular is that you don't have to spend that much $$$ on Christmas presents :)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-19 17:37:22

i do karatie but i still dont know how too spell it
i'm a first dan black belt
ok thanks

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-19 21:26:21

Hey guys, ever insult some jackass really well, but they just smile or laugh at you? Guess what; when they do that, It means what you said really got to them. It bothered them so much that they had to laugh to make you believe it didn't! (My dad uses that dumb trick all the time. Years ago, I realized what it means)! My point? Check out this pathetic little idiot who tried to engage me in a Flame War on the NG BBS. I think the whole thing is hilarious! Check out my 2 posts on that page, and the 4 really short ones made by _matt_. His last post is a shining example of what I mean. Click here http://www.newground..id=398852&page=2

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-19 23:02:41

Thanks for the concern but i think its over. My master realized how fucking gay it was and it kind of just stopped. Im really fucking relieved. See the thing is some salesmen decided to say that a fucking cartoon about martial arts can help kids get into it and teach them good values. Fucking bastards. No way it can. My master has been doing that fine by himself for fucking ever and i doubt no lame ass cartoon could do even a decent job with that. If you really want to know what the hell im talking about go to taekworld.com. I dont feel like linking it so a lil work for you there.

Hopefully its all over.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-19 23:18:31

Ya um im sorry for the double post but i just read the things. I miss the more traditional ways im sorry for the misunderstanding. Im kind of coming from the opposite view point of this guy. I train harder to keep it "old school". I like the traditional way of learning, i liked to be challenged philosophically as well as physically. Im a western old school, martial artist. It's what i stand for, and its what i think is better.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-20 00:46:05

At 12/19/05 11:18 PM, dsmking wrote: Ya um im sorry for the double post but i just read the things. I miss the more traditional ways im sorry for the misunderstanding. Im kind of coming from the opposite view point of this guy. I train harder to keep it "old school". I like the traditional way of learning, i liked to be challenged philosophically as well as physically. Im a western old school, martial artist. It's what i stand for, and its what i think is better.

I love funny cartoons, but I really can't see how you can combine them with martial arts; without making your style look silly. I'm glad your Teacher made the right decision and that everything worked out for you..... I hope you didn't get the wrong impression from those two articles in The Martialist. They really weren't about Old School vs. New School. I think the point was that his Teacher did a 180 from how he ran the class and, as a student, it no longer became even remotely enjoyable to continue going back there. The second article was clearly about what you can expect to encounter IF you decide to leave the average martial arts schools. I got to admit it's nice that with R.B.S.D., you don't have to face those consequences if you decide to study under a different Teacher. Hell, it's expected of you!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-20 13:13:03

At 12/19/05 05:37 PM, slashingwind wrote: i do karatie but i still dont know how too spell it
i'm a first dan black belt
ok thanks

um... welcome? It's nice that you are in martial arts, but I can't believe that you are a blackbelt... a rank that takes years to achieve and you don't know how to spell it unless you are from a foreighn country.

Karate btw

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-20 14:29:44

I'm really hoping it's a case of Slashingwind being from a foreign country. Otherwise, there's a pretty good chance that he went to one of those schools that hand out Blackbelts the way adults hand out free candy on Halloween! (Man, I hate those types of "schools.").... If I misread the situation; sorry.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-20 21:21:17

For not being able to spellKARATE you should be slapped. But luckily we arent gonna be too mean about it.

Anyways, no training for me today. It seems im able to get kicked in the balls countless times but when my mouth hurts im useless. :p

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-20 22:34:12

Aye yes! Kicking someone in the balls. One of life's little pleasures.... it never gets old.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-21 12:48:15

At 12/20/05 10:34 PM, Monocrom wrote: Aye yes! Kicking someone in the balls. One of life's little pleasures.... it never gets old.

But balls do get old.........

Anyways what was the most times you've been hit in the balls in a row. This does pertain to martial arts since it happens.... Alot.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-21 17:38:15

Getting kicked in the balls usually happens by accident in R.B.S.D.; I'm not sure if it's done on purpose in other martial arts. So, I guess the answer would be 1 time at any given moment..... Hell, I learned a long time ago how to block ball-shots!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-23 00:30:32

I wouldnt worry about ball shots. I could be sleeping and block it. My whole body jumps and my hands go naturally down on reflex. Yes i know im a freak. Of course when i try to block thats when i get hit.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-24 03:48:45

QUESTION OF ALMIGHTY IMPORTANCE!!!

Who would win, Chuck Norris or Jackie Chan? (Spelling probablly)

Flanel FTW

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-24 09:50:08

At 12/24/05 03:48 AM, -TheFaces- wrote: QUESTION OF ALMIGHTY IMPORTANCE!!!

Jackie Chan he deflected a bullet with his fist...

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-25 02:33:29

At 12/24/05 09:50 AM, PiePie wrote:
At 12/24/05 03:48 AM, -TheFaces- wrote: QUESTION OF ALMIGHTY IMPORTANCE!!!

Jackie Chan he deflected a bullet with his fist...

yeah, but Chuck Norris descended from the heavens who delivered a kick wich could shatter bones... into the crotch of indiana jones.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-25 03:27:34

I train thai box
I beat so far all enemys I had... My stats in the liga is

Fights: 9
Wins: 9
Looses: 0
Knockouts: 1

I love it, its fun becouse my age categorie is 14, and I beat all the guys... I never fought a taller guy then me. Im 1,90 tall. I have a advantig, longer arms, legs, ...
But now our club got a problem... It dont have much money.. Need a new thai box club, but the problem is that I dont now if somebody of you is from Slovakia ;)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-25 11:39:48

Hey guys! Merry Christmas! I just got back from a 3-day ban. I got what I was expecting for Christmas.... money, not gift cards! I got my dad a Leatherman Micra (folding scissors instead of pliers, with a few other tools). Got my mom the type of make-up she wanted. Everyone ended up happy!.... How did you guys do on Christmas?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-25 13:49:54

Sorry for the double-post guys, but you probably noticed my new Sig pic. I got it from the Sinister Sig Makers club alittle less than an hour after my last post. They actually skipped over my polite request.... twice! (One guy who requested after I did, he had two artists make 2 different Sigs for him; and he was ungrateful and didn't want to use either one)!..... I feel honored that someone made my Sig on Christmas Day! (Sweet, an extra Christmas present for me)! The Sig maker's user name is -Rhys- and I think he did a great job! How do you guys like my new Sig?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-25 22:27:42

At 12/25/05 03:27 AM, AlexSmith wrote: I train thai box
I beat so far all enemys I had... My stats in the liga is

welcome to the club, and I hope that your dojo ends up getting the money it needs.

At 12/25/05 11:39 AM, Monocrom wrote: Hey guys! Merry Christmas!

I got a laptop and expensive sunglasses (oakley)

cool new sig.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-25 23:53:16

im an orange -belt in tae kwon do.bow to shi bum nim.bow!

Martial Arts Club

It's a non-stop disco. | Blawg. | Bookface.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-26 01:07:31

At 12/25/05 11:53 PM, Kei_Kurono wrote: im an orange -belt in tae kwon do.bow to shi bum nim.bow!

Welcome to the club

wow, I can't think of anything else to say

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-26 03:00:18

At 12/25/05 11:53 PM, Kei_Kurono wrote: im an orange -belt in tae kwon do.bow to shi bum nim.bow!

Hey, man! Welcome to the club! Remember me? I finally decided to print his full name in my Sig, rather than just his initials for the all-too-realistic quote of his. How have you been? Good to see you here. Hope you become a regular, like me..... Oh, and thanks for the kind words about my new Sig, Faces. I think it's great! It's supposed to represent the brutality of reality, and how that brutality can invade the enjoyable fantasy world that others create in order to escape reality. It also represents the dual nature of my personality. The incredibly kind-hearted side people see, and the angry side people get when they try to intentionally screw me over. I don't get physically violent when I'm mad at someone, but I do have one incredibly venomous tongue! (Sorry if I got a bit too abstract there for a moment). Glad to hear you also had a great Christmas!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-27 11:49:46

Bow to your Kyo Sa Nim bitch. And you are no Sae-Bum-Nim. I would have to be a lower belt than you, as well as you teaching me, and you would have to be lower than a black belt. Since the only thing you are is below black belt you are no Sae-bum-nim. YOur just a low ranked student.

O and Merry Christmas everyone. I dont care if your Jewish or Aethiest, merry Christmas. Why it's a kind gesture either way.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-27 12:48:38

Thank You, DSM! Better late than never; I guess..... HAPPY NEWYEAR!.... I got everyone in the club some M&Ms.

Martial Arts Club

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-27 18:16:51

EVERYBODY DAWN YOUR SUNGLASSES, A SLEW OF WHITE IS COMING YOUR WAY
-TheFaces- finally has a face.

Martial Arts Club