00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crzyhentaiboy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

423,148 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 17:19:00

At 1/4/06 01:00 PM, PiePie wrote:

heh well how about that I thought it was chrom not crom...

the score sucks though 3.12 puh, anways what can you do.

Well, like I said, I'm still honored that you put my name in the credits. Totally cool!..... The flash idea to make it in 4 parts sounds awesome! Here's an idea for the sprite-part. Avatars, representing us, battle it out with a huge, evil, Martial Arts Boss! All of us vs. pure evil. We make it an exciting fight! What do you think?....... TO: KFCow - Glad to hear the blade training is practical, and not the type of B.S. you find at the average school. (But, you did mention your school wasn't average)! Do you guys practice "De-fanging the Snake?"

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 17:41:41

At 1/4/06 05:19 PM, Monocrom wrote:
Well, like I said, I'm still honored that you put my name in the credits. Totally cool!..... The flash idea to make it in 4 parts sounds awesome! Here's an idea for the sprite-part. Avatars, representing us, battle it out with a huge, evil, Martial Arts Boss! All of us vs. pure evil. We make it an exciting fight! What do you think?.......

NEVER!!!!!!!! I WILL NOT FUCKING DO THAT!!!!!!!! Sorry really fucking bad memories. I mean really fucking bad memories. And sides what are you, 10. NEVER DO THAT!!!!!! That type of shit nearly made me quit TKD. Never again....... I would probably just make it a free for all kind of thing. If you would want to be in it what you could do is send me a video of what you can do and ill make some lil edits for you using things you can do. Or you can just tell me what you can do and that would be fine as well. I might even put my realself in this thing. Dont know yet though.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 17:49:43

Has anyone heard of CQC? Yes, it is the form of Close-Quarters-Combat used in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. It is also a real form of combat though. There are many books and videos on it, especially on Amazon.com, but I was wondering if anyone here has actually seriously taken up this form of combat/self-defense? I have seen a few videos of it (not bought any, just seen online streaming videos) and it seems to be extremely effect. It focuses on using an opponents body against them, targeting the weak points of the human body. For example, many moves in CQC involve attack on the neck, legs, and arms; the neck being a very weak point on the body (it hurts if the neck is punched. Alot.) The legs are obviously a weak point because when taken out, the opponent falls to the ground, rendering him/her very vurnerable. And the arms of course because without them, no harm can be done to you and they can also be manipulated to keep the opponent under control (if you have seen any videos of CQC or simply played MGS3. you know what I'm tlaking about). Write back with comments about CQC for me.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 18:21:14

At 1/4/06 05:49 PM, Sul_l_y wrote: Has anyone heard of CQC? Yes, it is the form of Close-Quarters-Combat used in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

I've definitely heard of CQC. The reason why it exists in both a videogame & real life is because it's not a particular form or style. Sorry, but it's a generic term that refers to ANY type of style that is, basically, a collection of tactics & techniques borrowed from various other Martial Arts. When put together properly, you DO get a very effective style.... Unfortunately, you also have a bunch of con-artists and arm-chair teachers who just borrow any moves from a variety of martial arts; then they claim they've created the ultimate CQC program! It's really disgusting! Be very cautious of any style that uses the letters "CQC."

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 18:28:05

At 1/4/06 05:41 PM, dsmking wrote:
At 1/4/06 05:19 PM, Monocrom wrote:
Well, like I said, I'm still honored that you put my name in the credits. Totally cool!..... The flash idea to make it in 4 parts sounds awesome! Here's an idea for the sprite-part. Avatars, representing us, battle it out with a huge, evil, Martial Arts Boss! All of us vs. pure evil. We make it an exciting fight! What do you think?.......
NEVER!!!!!!!! I WILL NOT FUCKING DO THAT!!!!!!!! Sorry really fucking bad memories. I mean really fucking bad memories.

Sorry for the double-post. I thought that since you planned on using sprites, you wanted that part of the flash to be a parody. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a sprite-short that was to be taken seriously! I must admit to being curious as to how that'll be pulled off...... But, I definitely didn't mean to bring back such horrible memories for you. I just mis-understood that you wanted the entire project to be a Serious-Short.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 18:28:49

Do you know of any "real" CQC books/videos/website? Some sort of link would be helpful.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 19:00:59

O don't get me wrong i will do sprite paradies but nothing that would be like that. There are a few extremely good serious sprite films. Tons of FF and this one Mario one which is completely epic on a huge scale. Just go to hereto know what im talking about. Horrible, horrible memories.

O ya and the that close combat thing it has no philosophy to it. One thing about martial arts is a strict philosophy and that stuff got none. And you do get those rip off people who teach it.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 20:24:10

At 1/4/06 06:28 PM, Sul_l_y wrote: Do you know of any "real" CQC books/videos/website? Some sort of link would be helpful.

Always happy to provide Self-Defense links to those who are interested. (Keep in mind, I do make a distinction between self-defense and most types of martial arts). Here's some links where you can get info from those who are "for real." www.nononsenseselfdefense.com Lots of articles from someone who pulls no punches about how self-defense works in Reality! www.realfighting.com Check this website to learn about some of the best teachers out there! And, www.themartialist.com an on-line magazine full of articles about self-defense concepts, and evaluations of various types of gear (including books, videos, and weapons). These 3 sites also contain several excellent links...... To me, martial arts should emphasis self-defense. (That's what they were originally created for)! Things like philosophy, spirtualism, exercise, and winning tournaments; those are secondary to me. Hell, my style (R.B.S.D.) has only one philosophy! Basically, "Here's some concepts, tactics and techniques you can learn without spending years of training; so your ass doesn't end up 6 feet under!"

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 21:02:21

At 1/4/06 05:49 PM, Sul_l_y wrote: For example, many moves in CQC involve attack on the neck, legs, and arms; the neck being a very weak point on the body (it hurts if the neck is punched. Alot.)

A skilled martial artist will protect the neck and head at all costs because they are the two most vulnerable areas of the human body.

The legs are obviously a weak point because when taken out, the opponent falls to the ground, rendering him/her very vurnerable.

It depends on the style of the person you are fighting. BigLundi is a member of the club and he is extremely skilled in ground combat... or well anywhere combat, simply because when using Drunken Boxing you have to be able to fight in whatever condition or area you are in.

And the arms of course because without them, no harm can be done to you and they can also be manipulated to keep the opponent under control.

That is very WRONG, most martial arts also teach how to use kicks, and some teach you how to break almost any hold somebody can put you in. I have studied alittle Aikido and I am confident that you would not be able to hold onto me very easy without getting an arm or a leg broken.

Write back with comments about CQC for me.

How did I do?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 21:07:57

Oh, forgot to add this in the last post.

Thanks for mentioning me in the flash Pie, even though I was third from the last name
*cough bastard cough*
I also voted five btw, wich probablly raised it abit, because I may not be a DSM but I still have a 6.01 voting power.

Atleast I still have way more posts than anybody else that is a reg to the club. Yep... that's where my NG time goes, not that useless portal but the BBS insulting people.

P

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 21:30:01

At 1/4/06 09:07 PM, -TheFaces- wrote: Oh, forgot to add this in the last post.

:that's where my NG time goes, not that useless portal but the BBS insulting people.

P

Always do what you're good at. ;)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 22:55:24

At 1/4/06 09:30 PM, Monocrom wrote:
At 1/4/06 09:07 PM, -TheFaces- wrote: Oh, forgot to add this in the last post.

that's where my NG time goes, not that useless portal but the BBS insulting people.
P
Always do what you're good at. ;)

I have no problem there. I have already amassed about twenty posts in the last half hour. Look, if I post acouple more times I will have exactlly 2,000 posts more than you.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 23:04:15

At 1/4/06 10:55 PM, -TheFaces- wrote: I have no problem there. I have already amassed about twenty posts in the last half hour. Look, if I post acouple more times I will have exactlly 2,000 posts more than you.

damnit, I should have just posted the picture before. Oh well... here's proof I spend to much time internetting.

Martial Arts Club

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 23:48:10

At 1/4/06 11:04 PM, -TheFaces- wrote:

damnit, I should have just posted the picture before. Oh well... here's proof I spend to much time internetting.

I never said you didn't..... For some strange reason, I decided to save that pic onto my computer. If it wasn't for BBR's legendary thread (attn: Samantha!) getting deleted, I'd be closer to 800 posts! I miss that thread. :'(

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-05 17:27:01

Hey guys. (I don't consider it double-posting if they're several hours apart). I just wanted to share something I found out. To get an even voting power of 10.00, you need the Elite Guard Supreme Commander badge and you need to be half-way into level 14. (Not just at level 14). For an even voting power of 11.00, you need the same badge and you need to be at level 17...... I know. Higher level = even 10.00 without the highest badge. But, it'll take you longer to get an even 10.00 votes.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-05 18:51:33

Monocrom and what makes you come to that conclusion and why is it important?
fuck im level 14 in may :(

But I forgot what type of martial art you do? I even forgot Noles...

only remember DSM because he mentions it every single post(Jk)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-05 20:35:57

At 1/5/06 06:51 PM, PiePie wrote: Monocrom and what makes you come to that conclusion and why is it important?
fuck im level 14 in may :(

But I forgot what type of martial art you do? I even forgot Noles...

I found out through trial & error. Besides, if you hit the "users" button, and scroll throught the list of profiles for Top 50 Blammers/Saviors, you'll see the numbers work out. As to why, well; I know I'm not the only one who cares about his e-stats. At least you'll be level 14 this year! I got to wait almost 2 years. (But I should be an E.G. Supreme Commander by then)...... But how could you forget my Art?..... So sad. j/k (Reality Based Self Defense, or R.B.S.D.) Definitely, one of the newer arts. Basically, DSM is old-school, I'm new-school. Poor Faces, so sad how you forgot him, too. :'( Oh, in case you guys ever want a Sig with a spinning E.G. badge, Denvish made a whole bunch of them for NG members to use. (I found out about them about 5 minutes after I posted here last). Click here! http://planetbob.net/ng/bp3d/

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-05 20:48:07

Hey there's a tournament coming up the 14th in Marlboro County, Bennettsville SC called War Angel. Im going there to compete in sparring, traditional forms and contemporary forms. Any else going?

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-05 20:52:21

At 1/5/06 06:51 PM, PiePie wrote:

You wanna go pie. Ill take your fucking bat and shove it up your ass. It's not like I dont do other styles i just obsess over TKD. Its my fucking life. My styles of up to now....

Tae Kwon Do(advanced)
Kempo Karate(Currently learning basics)
Calli(Currently learning basics)
Nunchaku(Currently learning mediocre)
Kendo(Currently learning basics)
Bow Staff(Not sure what syle it is considered but am currently learning)
Hapkido(advance)
Next year im going to start doing Okinawa karate as well.

But see more than anything else i do TKD. It's just fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-05 21:17:19

To: DSM - Glad to see you're interested in other Martial Arts! But, don't you mean Kali. I'm kind of surprised you're studying that. I love the Filipino Arts. (I know, I know..... but using an "F" is an accepted way to spell the word when refering to the Arts from that part of the world). Yup, that's the Art where they start you out with the blade, and move on from there! Kempo was something I strongly considered studying. But someone who had taken it for many years said it was, "complicated for the sake of being complicated." I realized it wasn't right for me. An old-school guy like you will probably enjoy it....... To: KFCow - Have a good time there! If possible, take a couple of pics and post them here. Unfortunately, my Martial Arts budget shrunk considerably since I lost my job. I've had to put all martial arts related activities on hold. But I expect that to change soon.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-05 22:02:34

I never saw you Dsm but you could probelly beat me Im all worn out and out of shape I lost like 10 pounds...

its good though waking up late eating hamburgers and poutines mmmm no more protien and all those pills the good life.

But yeah Monocrom denvish is a good guy he helped me on my first 2 movies he did all the special effects and what not, plus he hangs out in audio forum so bonus points for him unlike other mods.

But yeah also on a off topic way Dsm you only post in this club? why is this?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-05 22:16:45

At 1/5/06 10:02 PM, PiePie wrote: I never saw you Dsm but you could probelly beat me Im all worn out and out of shape I lost like 10 pounds...

its good though waking up late eating hamburgers and poutines mmmm no more protien and all those pills the good life.

But yeah Monocrom denvish is a good guy he helped me on my first 2 movies he did all the special effects and what not, plus he hangs out in audio forum so bonus points for him unlike other mods.

But yeah also on a off topic way Dsm you only post in this club? why is this?

How the Hell is losing weight considered being out of shape?! Damn, I wish I had that problem!...... Wow! Denvish actually did that for you? Very impressive. Do you know him personaly?........ I think I did see one of DSM's posts in another thread. I don't remember exactly which one of the Sig-making clubs it was, but he flamed the members for turning out crappy Sigs! LOL when I saw his post!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-05 22:21:26

its out of shape because I lost muscle...

As for knowing Denvish I kind of do I mean were not chums but he knows who I am and vice versa. You know kankuran? he is aware of me too but less than denvish (a lot less) but still. Yup you can't be shy just email.

I used to run 1 km in 3:20 now I run at about 3:45 really bad really bad but what can I do?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-05 22:25:16

You mean Denvish actually knows you by your real name, or he knows you by your user name and is always happy to hear from you?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-05 22:39:14

At 1/5/06 10:25 PM, Monocrom wrote: You mean Denvish actually knows you by your real name, or he knows you by your user name and is always happy to hear from you?

uh I dunno I dont no him that well he just helped me in flash and since im a regualr in the audio forums he knows me there also did me a favour and let me loose after me and some other guys went on a spamming spree, I dunno I know more audio people.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-05 22:51:09

Ya i guess i am pretty old school. But whats weird is that i do WTF TKD and not ITF. O well. Well on the Kali(THERE YOU HAPPY) i do more of the stick part. Most of those martial arts I learn from friends but since he is an actual sinsei and shit its all good. Ya i also want to learn Muay Thai but of course the only place i know of that teaches it in my area charges like $100 a week.(no joke). I want to learn the style but im not supporting someone selling it out.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-05 23:18:20

At 1/5/06 10:51 PM, dsmking wrote: from friends but since he is an actual sinsei and shit its all good. Ya i also want to learn Muay Thai but of course the only place i know of that teaches it in my area charges like $100 a week.(no joke). I want to learn the style but im not supporting someone selling it out.

well that is too bad I do not no martial arts prices but it seems pretty steep for one week...

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-05 23:46:26

At 1/5/06 10:51 PM, dsmking wrote: Ya i guess i am pretty old school. But whats weird is that i do WTF TKD and not ITF. O well. Well on the Kali(THERE YOU HAPPY) i do more of the stick part. Most of those martial arts I learn from friends but since he is an actual sinsei and shit its all good. Ya i also want to learn Muay Thai but of course the only place i know of that teaches it in my area charges like $100 a week.(no joke). I want to learn the style but im not supporting someone selling it out.

Yeah, $100 bucks a week is pretty outrageous. Prices in that range are only common in R.B.S.D., but since it only takes months to learn the self-defense concepts of one course, the prices are understandable. (Keep in mind also that the prices usually include lodging & food for the normaly 3-7 days the average course is taught)! Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I might have to fly out to Colorado to train with one particular instructor...... Also, if you're more interested in the stick-fighting concepts of Kali, check out Escrima or Arnis. Two other Filipino Arts that are very good. And, don't laugh, but Western Fencing has an amazing amount of techniques that work well for stick-fighting! Just replace the fencing foil with a stick, and you'll start to see what I mean!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-06 00:03:18

At 1/5/06 10:51 PM, dsmking wrote: Ya i guess i am pretty old school. But whats weird is that i do WTF TKD and not ITF. O well. Well on the Kali(THERE YOU HAPPY) i do more of the stick part. Most of those martial arts I learn from friends but since he is an actual sinsei and shit its all good. Ya i also want to learn Muay Thai but of course the only place i know of that teaches it in my area charges like $100 a week.(no joke). I want to learn the style but im not supporting someone selling it out.

See that's why I like knowing the master at my school/dojo/acadamy/whatever you happen to want to call it. Because he has been all over the world studying under grandmasters, and if I ask him to teach me a certain style that he knows, he will usually do it unless I am doing it just to master "Ass kickery" as one of my friends calls it.

Hmm... let's see all the things that I have learned in my time.

TKD - Advanced / 2nd degree blackbelt.
Jiu-Jitsu - Advanced / 1st degree blackbelt.
Aikido - Mediocre / no belt, but I can take some of the "advanced" students at a Mc. Dojo that I visited once that's on the other side of town.
Shoto Kan Karate - Advanced 1st degree blackbelt.
NinJutsu - I'm really not sure where I would measure up in this one, i'm the only student that has been taught this by the master... well that I know of.
Bo Staff - I use a Rattan Bo Staff, and I would say i'm about mediocre.
Nunchaku - I train with padded nunchaku, and do exhibitions with coated black metal nunchaku that I hand crafted myself.
Tonfa - yep... those things the cops use, well simmilar atleast.
Kubotan - after monocrom mentioned it I asked my master about it and he showed me some basic maneuvers.

I just felt like making a list since DSM did.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-06 01:02:05

Nice to know I inspired you, Faces!..... Sadly, my list is tiny. But, my art does incorporate several types of weapons training! Lets see: Tactical folders, Yawara stick, Koppo stick, kubotan (although I generaly prefer one of the two other sticks), Basic and intermediate pistol, Basic rifle (although I current don't own any firearms), Proper technique for mace and pepperspray, Improvised weapons, Basic Spear, and Basic Swordsmanship (Not from Japan, but from Western Europe)...... Soon, I plan on getting a couple of Comtech Stingers and learning advanced moves with it. (It's the funny-looking thing in the 2nd-to-last post of this thread, on page 88).