00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tdpreston just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

422,753 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-27 20:48:33

I've already seen your fucking face....... Nice glasses.... I guess...... So wassup everyone. Are you guys resting on your break or are you working out. me i'm working out very little... It is really hard for me to train when im not in my school. to crowded and stuff.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-27 22:32:48

At 12/27/05 08:48 PM, dsmking wrote: I've already seen your fucking face....... Nice glasses.... I guess...... So wassup everyone. Are you guys resting on your break or are you working out. me i'm working out very little... It is really hard for me to train when im not in my school. to crowded and stuff.

yeah, like way long ago... when I had long hair. This is faces 2.0
Sides, you still havn't seen my car... although... my... poor... my... Vette, met with an unfortunate end. I kinda, ya know... crashed it. I still have the Z28 though atleast.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-28 00:29:38

At 12/27/05 06:16 PM, -TheFaces- wrote: EVERYBODY DAWN YOUR SUNGLASSES, A SLEW OF WHITE IS COMING YOUR WAY
-TheFaces- finally has a face.

Didn't you post in another thread that you were part Asian? Oh well, nice to finally SEE you. But dude, that sweet ride of your's is gone?! Nooooooo! I didn't even get to see what it looked like! Any chance you can upload a pic of your Z28? It sucks that your other ride is gone, but at least you're okay. If it's not too painful, can you tell us how the crash happened?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-28 04:12:50

At 12/28/05 12:29 AM, Monocrom wrote: Didn't you post in another thread that you were part Asian? Oh well, nice to finally SEE you. But dude, that sweet ride of your's is gone?! Nooooooo! I didn't even get to see what it looked like! Any chance you can upload a pic of your Z28? It sucks that your other ride is gone, but at least you're okay. If it's not too painful, can you tell us how the crash happened?

Yes, I am actually part Korean... unfortunately it did'nt take into my skin. But I have acouple pics of my Z28, here's one.

Martial Arts Club

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-28 04:41:24

At 12/28/05 12:29 AM, Monocrom wrote: If it's not too painful, can you tell us how the crash happened?

It happened when some dude in a... I really have no clue what it was, some import pulls up beside me at a light and revs at me. So I look over at him and give him the signal, the light turned green and I just tore him off the line and started walking away like he was nothing, there was a pothole in the road that I didn't see in time I hit it and it threw my alinement all out of wack and I went into this little ditch that they built in the middle of the road to keep cases like this from flying onto the other side of the road.

Basically, it completely wrecked my suspension because I was doing about 120 when I hit the pothole, and then after I went into the ditch it pretty much finished the job by succesfully spliting the crankshaft somehow; the crankshaft wedged up into the block and split it open. I somehow walked away without a scratch... those racing seats payed off I guess. I called a wrecker and told them I would give them a 300 dollar tip if they could get there before the cops did, and I think I managed to just barely escape.

another pic of my Z28 rear view this time.

Martial Arts Club

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-28 14:14:20

NICE PICS!.... I'm glad you're okay, and that you were able to walk away from the crash. It sucks that you couldn't salvage that sweet, sweet engine! Is the frame still in tact, though? I don't know how much $$$ you got. You might be able to rebuild her if the frame isn't bent; or at least sell the frame to another enthusiast willing to rebuilt her, himself.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-28 15:04:47

Oh $#^t, I just noticed something!.... Hey Faces, you might want to contact one of the Mods, and have him delete the pic of the rear of your Z28! Everyone can see your plate #!.... You don't have to worry about me or any of the other regulars at this club trying to find your real address..... but you know there are some weirdos on NG! And, some of them do troll through the various clubs & crews; pics are the 1st thing everyone notices!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-28 18:32:36

Pic's galore!

Martial Arts Club

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-28 21:17:03

At 12/28/05 03:04 PM, Monocrom wrote: Oh $#^t, I just noticed something!.... Hey Faces, you might want to contact one of the Mods, and have him delete the pic of the rear of your Z28! Everyone can see your plate #!.... You don't have to worry about me or any of the other regulars at this club trying to find your real address..... but you know there are some weirdos on NG! And, some of them do troll through the various clubs & crews; pics are the 1st thing everyone notices!

I don't really care about it, what are they going to do? honestlly... it's me.

At 12/28/05 06:32 PM, Letahlity wrote: Pic's galore!

yes everybody, that is our beloved clubs sweed... his hair is so cool.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-28 21:24:33

At 12/28/05 09:17 PM, -TheFaces- wrote: yes everybody, that is our beloved clubs sweed... his hair is so cool.

You get alot when you sell a small piece of your soul to the devil.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-28 21:41:09

At 12/28/05 02:14 PM, Monocrom wrote: Is the frame still in tact, though? I don't know how much $$$ you got. You might be able to rebuild her if the frame isn't bent; or at least sell the frame to another enthusiast willing to rebuilt her, himself.

No, the frame was completelly totaled fromm hitting one of the big ass rocks the put in the ditch. The guy with the wrecker had a hell of a time yanking it out.

Felf like posting a pic of the speedometer, It's not accurate though because of the 100 HP upgrade from 305 to 400. If you have noticed the exaust tips on it, you might notice they are a bit odd that's because they are five inch diameter hooked on to those wildly famouse hooker headers. I have an LT4 engine in it instead of the LT1. Heres some info on the LT4 Engine Notice at the beginning of the article where it says a stock Z28 from 96 runs 285 HP, trust me that is bull I have seen them Dyno'd at 302 stock.

Martial Arts Club

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-28 21:48:12

Km/H > MPH

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-28 22:34:46

Yo leth Miles are so much cooler than those pussy kilometers so you know what. UP YOURS. Anyways leth hows it goin. Are you still to hurt to do anything? And guys keep pictures to a minimum because Mods dont like that shit to much.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-28 23:07:30

At 12/28/05 10:34 PM, dsmking wrote: Yo leth Miles are so much cooler than those pussy kilometers so you know what. UP YOURS. Anyways leth hows it goin. Are you still to hurt to do anything? And guys keep pictures to a minimum because Mods dont like that shit to much.

yeah yeah, I know... ph34r t3h modz.

But leth, look close there are kp/H

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-29 13:03:16

Anyone else notice that Faces and Leth could pass for brothers? Oh, and Faces, you certainly are brave to not care about who knows your plate #. Maybe not too smart, but definitely brave...... I just hope no one shows up outside your bedroom window with a machete in one hand and a jar of Vasoline in the other! As for the Mods, I'm starting to think that most of them don't like a lot of things. In fact, I just came off my 4th ban for posting in another spam thread! The 1st ban WAS justified, the other 3 were for posting in threads that were actually funny; well, except for the Mods without a sense of humor who declared them to be spam. Hell, the last ban was for posting in a thread started by bigbadron, a very popular Mod.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-29 22:20:25

As a Vet of NG i can tell you why they are so strict with Spamming and stuff. People used to just start writing tons of random stuff in an obvious spam topic. At the time they used to just ban the people who started the thread but it got out of hand. So one day Tom Fulp waved his mighty mouse and said, "Fuck anyone who writes in a spam topic, they should know better". Hence created NG history. Now the topic by bigBaron does not mean it would be locked, or that spame will come into it. You have to be careful when you post in topics cause if its something spam will come to, you might get banned. And yes i have been banned several times. The worst is when you accidentally say gay out of it's proper context. I got banned for a week. Also another time the mod was just in a pissy mood and banned me. I talked to another mod about it and they said i was fine but they can't really do much about it. Just keep on their good side.

Anyways i hope everyone is enjoying their vacations. Hows everyones training going. Good i hope.

I've been training alot on basics because of this one kick i was trying to do. Which i did and i love doing it cause it took so much work to be able to do it. Also alot on sparring. The worst is when you spar masters....eh.... They kick so hard and fast. The only way i can keep up is if i have my foot already up. It sucks....

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-29 23:22:26

Looks like everything is doing well here

I have some great news they closed down a Mcdojo in a city near mine, everytime I pass it I was like what a bunch of idiots and now I passed by it and it was closed down lol...

Serves them right for having a Tae kwan Do/Karate/Boxing/Tai Chi or somthing/yoga/ fitnees rehab center all in one bulding.

If only all Mcdojos closed down then the Western world will have more civialized people.

Out of all my time here I only came in contact with 3 mods and 1 doesnt count because she dint say hi...

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-29 23:36:08

I hear you about the whole spamming thing. But unfortunately, each Mod has their own idea of what constitutes spam! My last 3 bans were weird. Each topic I posted in, I had posted in a similar topic as well! THOSE 3 other topics were not declared as spam. That's what's so frustrating!..... I also found out something I really didn't like. I always thought you had to be a long-time-model-Poster to be considered for Modhood; and that the Admins decided if you got it. WRONG! According to Maus, that's not how it works! Here's the proof http://www.newground..id=404120&page=3 Scroll down to her post and check out her posts on the next page too. Basically, Mods pick other Mods. So just like with the B.S. in the real world, it's also about popularity & who you know; not what you know or if you really are the best person for the job!..... I'm taking a break from training. It would currently cost me too much $$$. Just a temporary set -back...... Also, when you spar with a Master, he knows he's supposed to take it a bit easy on you. Kicking your ass teaches you nothing as a student; and it often makes the Master look like a show-off or a bully. (Not always.... but sometimes it does).

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-30 00:35:27

At 12/29/05 11:36 PM, Monocrom wrote: I hear you about the whole spamming thing. But unfortunately, each Mod has their own idea of what constitutes spam! My last 3 bans were weird. Each topic I posted in, I had posted in a similar topic as well! THOSE 3 other topics were not declared as spam. That's what's so frustrating!..... I also found out something I really didn't like. I always thought you had to be a long-time-model-Poster to be considered for Modhood; and that the Admins decided if you got it. WRONG! According to Maus, that's not how it works! Here's the proof http://www.newground..id=404120&page=3 Scroll down to her post and check out her posts on the next page too. Basically, Mods pick other Mods. So just like with the B.S. in the real world, it's also about popularity & who you know; not what you know or if you really are the best person for the job!.....
actually, pretty much if you have about 10,000 posts you are a mod automatically. A good way to get Modship though would be to be a reg in the General section, like I am... well I am a regular, yet nobody really acknoledges me. and to spend a lot of time in the chat room, after I spent acouple weeks in the chat alot of people started to notice me around General alittle more.

I'm taking a break from training. It would currently cost me too much $$$. Just a temporary set -back...... Also, when you spar with a Master, he knows he's supposed to take it a bit easy on you. Kicking your ass teaches you nothing as a student; and it often makes the Master look like a show-off or a bully. (Not always.... but sometimes it does).

Yeah, a good way to deal with a master though is to constantly be on the offensive. But don't just attack, do things that are wild and seem like they are stupid. It catches people off guard when you do things such as leave yourself open on purpose, after an attack. Or chain your kicks and punches together by doing a continuouse spin and switch the direction you spin at random. It actually works, and I have won tons of sparing matches this way even though I get scolded for being an idiot.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-30 01:20:10

You're advice on becoming a Mod sounds good. I already spend a lot of time on the General forum. I don't really like hanging out in the chat room, though. But I do see your point! Say, didn't you mention once that you know Maus? You might have a realistic shot of, one day, being Modded. Just promise me you won't get drunk off the, limited, power and turn into an a**hole. (It would make things a bit more interesting, though)..... As for sparring with a Master, you touched on an old saying in swordsmanship: "The world's greatest fencer has nothing to fear from the world's 2nd greatest fencer. It's the unpredictable rank-amauter that he fears!" Yeah, someone who pulls a crazy move out of the air has a better shot of winning, than the guy who you know is trained and will pull a move you've seen before! That's why you got scolded, Faces. It's because you embarrased them by NOT doing what you were supposed to do!..... Naughty, naughty!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-30 04:10:06

At 12/30/05 01:20 AM, Monocrom wrote: Yeah, someone who pulls a crazy move out of the air has a better shot of winning, than the guy who you know is trained and will pull a move you've seen before! That's why you got scolded, Faces. It's because you embarrased them by NOT doing what you were supposed to do!..... Naughty, naughty!

yeah I know, but it's just the way I learned to fight. I don't get dizzy easy so I just keep spinning as fast as I can throwing out random attacks. It throws off the other person because they think you're nuts. Well, that's one of my techniques. it's just what I use second in a fight. If they don't get rattled by that, then I get seriouse and try to start breaking bones thanks to my knowledge of holds and locks that makes it very easy. The first technique would be to just screw with them and not really try, to get a feel for who I'm fighting. I like to have fun with fights, instead of just *punch, knockout* like alot of people try to do.

and I do know moss alittle bit, but not like talk to her all the time. I also talk to people such as Wes Dood and Jadetheassasin (Jindyr I think is what she is going by now)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-30 04:22:33

Hmmm, maybe I will give the chat room a chance afterall. As for fighting, I'd rather finish it quick and have fun someplace else!..... Like the bedroom. And you know somebody is going to get "worked over!" ;)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-30 17:12:31

No you learn things in sparring when you get your ass kicked. Most importantly your place. Also you do get better. Hell when i first spared him i couldnt even get a chest shot in, last time i spared him i got 3 head shots in. And in TKD if you dont know this already, you cant punch to the head so ya. :p,. But no he still kicks my ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-30 17:43:55

At 12/30/05 05:12 PM, dsmking wrote: No you learn things in sparring when you get your ass kicked. Most importantly your place. Also you do get better. Hell when i first spared him i couldnt even get a chest shot in, last time i spared him i got 3 head shots in. And in TKD if you dont know this already, you cant punch to the head so ya. :p,. But no he still kicks my ass.

Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree. Kick someone's ass, when they know you're more experienced than them, and all they learn is not to spar with you! As for knowing my place; well, if someone is being disrespectful, then I can understand having to teach them a lesson. But, I DO show proper respect to the Teachers; so there's no NEED to kick my ass!...... Hopefully you can clear up one thing for me. Is it you can't punch to the FACE, or you can't punch to the HEAD in TKD? By that, I mean "head" as the part ONLY above the eyebrows.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-30 18:24:25

At 12/30/05 05:43 PM, Monocrom wrote: Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree. Kick someone's ass, when they know you're more experienced than them, and all they learn is not to spar with you! As for knowing my place; well, if someone is being disrespectful, then I can understand having to teach them a lesson. But, I DO show proper respect to the Teachers; so there's no NEED to kick my ass!...... Hopefully you can clear up one thing for me. Is it you can't punch to the FACE, or you can't punch to the HEAD in TKD? By that, I mean "head" as the part ONLY above the eyebrows.

I believe it's anything above the shoulders, but i'm actually not entirely sure because it was never inforced at my school. The sensai always said "if you can't handle it here, you can't handle it out there" and he's right.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-30 19:02:40

Your Sensai sounds like a wise man, Faces. If someone is determined to put a real hurt on you, a hammer-fist to the face can be real effective..... especially if there's a Yawara or koppo stick behing it.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-30 22:04:37

Okay in Tkd sparring you are allowed to punch. However only chest high. You can kick head high. The way you get better at sparring is not sparring someone worse than you but better than you. If you always sparred someone worse than you, you would never get better. And sides if you are really driven to do better in TKD or any martial arts for that matter than you should try to see your err and get better. My goal is to go all the fucking way in TKD. I hope to one day be a fucking 9th degree, spar in National wide tournaments, hell even in the Olympics if i could. Be a great teacher but more importantly a great person. And in order to do that i have to be able to learn from my mistakes and overcome any obstacles that come in my way.

Remember if a martial artist isn't willing to face their obstacles no matter how great or tuff they are, then they should just give it all up completely.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-30 23:24:05

Well, as far as sparring goes, you shouldn't waste your time with a training partner who's worse than you. But there are those out there who just want to show-off, or they bully guys who want to train to get better. They'll pretend to be just a bit above your skill level, when in actuality, they know they can beat you with one foot tied behind their back! That type of partner, you don't learn anything. It's actually a bit of a problem when it comes to sparring in R.B.S.D., 80% of the guys are just macho jerks who want to show-off how "bad" they are! (Some of those guys think it's the same thing as U.F.C.)! I don't need to spar with someone who isn't helping me to fix the weaknesses in my techniques. Honestly, it's why I generally prefer solo training. You don't need to spend lots of $$$ on the custom made training dumbies (although they do help a lot) and you get to use live equipment, instead of training drones. Thankfully, the average R.B.S.D. Teacher isn't a show-off. That's how you get some useful feed-back! But you're not always lucky enough to spar with him!..... Oh, and since we're all posting pics of ourselves; here's mine. (I don't have a webcam and I'm too lazy to download a pic from my camera-phone, but I honestly do look like the psycho from the film, "Full Metal Jacket" so here's a pic of him. And, basically, me).

Martial Arts Club

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-31 01:00:07

You don't seem to understand what im trying to say. He tries as hard as he can and expects me to do the same. And if I didnt, im sure i would be knocked out in 10 seconds.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-31 01:03:25

At 12/31/05 01:00 AM, dsmking wrote: You don't seem to understand what im trying to say. He tries as hard as he can and expects me to do the same. And if I didnt, im sure i would be knocked out in 10 seconds.

Well that's different then! Hell yeah, you should work hard and do your best!