00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hyper-Neko-Gold just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

421,043 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-12-31 21:55:11

Hey guys, what's up? Is it really considered double-posting if they're several hours apart? Oh, well. Someone started a "Make you a Sig thread" on the general forum. I politely asked why he wasn't over at the SSMR or ASM threads. Just for the heck of it, I asked for any type of Sig with my name on it. The guy logged-off, and someone else took over the topic. To my surprise, he made me a cool Sig! Wow, I got an awesome Sig on Christmas, and a cool one a week later on New Year's Eve! When it comes to Sigs & Holidays, I seem to be a lucky bastard! (Don't be surprised if I alternate between the 2 Sigs)....... But mostly, I just wanted to wish you guys a Happy & Healthy New Year! I know we'll probably all be drinking tonight. And, I'm the only one who can legally buy his own booze! Heh heh heh........ ;)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-01 01:38:53

Meh, I am usually involved in beer runs because my car is fast enough to get away. But I don't drink anything besides water and tea. So yeah, I don't have to worry about a hang over in the morning. Another thing IT'S NOT NEW YEARS HERE YET... 10:38.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-01 03:00:23

At 1/1/06 01:38 AM, -TheFaces- wrote: Meh, I am usually involved in beer runs because my car is fast enough to get away. But I don't drink anything besides water and tea. So yeah, I don't have to worry about a hang over in the morning. Another thing IT'S NOT NEW YEARS HERE YET... 10:38.

Happy New Year anyway! (By the way, try adding some peach Schnapps in you tea. Mmm.... yummy). ;)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-01 16:54:27

Happy fucking new years bitches.

With this new year we make resolutions and junk so heres mine. Mine is to get by 3rd Dan. Also to fucking win a tournament. Then to make leth say im a little tea pot.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-01 17:21:57

At 1/1/06 04:54 PM, dsmking wrote: Happy fucking new years bitches.

With this new year we make resolutions and junk so heres mine. Mine is to get by 3rd Dan. Also to fucking win a tournament. Then to make leth say im a little tea pot.

Okay then... Here are the rules. Three new years resolutions, one has to be related to martial arts, the other two can be whatever. Mine is are:
1. to visit my old Dojo atleast twice a month.
2. get a 4.20 on a fourty yard dash, also
3. get another fifty HP out of my car without getting a better super charger or introducing a nitrouse kit.

Oh and i'm going to make Leth swear he wont say "im a little tea pot"

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-01 18:25:42

Lets see, New Year's resolutions would be 1) Get my car to start without having to use jumper-cables! Hell, I already had a new battery installed; but my incredibly reliable car became unreliable over-night! WTF? 2) Find a job 3) Go back to school, so I can get a career instead of just a crappy-paying job! 4) Martial Arts related: To go train under Michael Janich and his Self-defense System. (The guy who taught his system as part of Spyderco's program). The ONLY problem with that? Me = N.Y.C. and him = Colorado! (He teaches several types of classes, most of them 3 days long. And, he only occassionaly travels outside of Colorado to teach). Oh well, the guy's for real; so it'd be worth it.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-01 20:38:06

And resolutions relating to the club.

To make the MAC website. (Cept this one i will code myself, not like that shitty one i made with freewebs)
To make the Flash video we where gonna make when the club first started. Yes we will do it. I recently bought flash(And it sucked to pay money for it. Thank god for Visa gift cards from people.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-01 21:04:44

At 1/1/06 08:38 PM, dsmking wrote: And resolutions relating to the club.

To make the MAC website. (Cept this one i will code myself, not like that shitty one i made with freewebs)
To make the Flash video we where gonna make when the club first started. Yes we will do it. I recently bought flash(And it sucked to pay money for it. Thank god for Visa gift cards from people.

Ooooooo, sweet! A flash short about the martial arts club sounds cool. Hey, since I'm a regular here, could I please be in it! (You already know what I look like)...... And, here's an idea that's been bouncing around in my head for awhile. A flash in which the Mods get kidnapped by the ClockCrew (or any other well-known crew) and Tom calls us to rescue them! What do you guys think?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-02 18:27:09

if you people organize stuff and get a decent animator and artist I could lend a hand on the movie, I got a few contacts that owe me favours which I could ask for there help...

Good Luck with the website but is it all necessary the website?

a flash for the club will be good though...

Regards,

PiePie

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-02 19:03:27

Hey PiePie, it's always nice to have helpful contacts. I also came up with another idea for a flash short, but it's kind of ambitious. When the 1st flash short comes out; I'll tell you guys about it...... Oh, and PiePie; I'm always on the Portal! That will probably change soon. But, let us know the day and time you plan on submitting your next work! So, I can see it and vote on it. (Just make sure to adjust the time to E.S.T. here in America).

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-02 19:14:43

This is my first time in this thread. I practice Hung-Gar style Lum-si-wing KungFu and i have been practicing it for almost 3 years now. My rank is that of green sash. And my Martial Arts Studio was ranked #1 in America last year. Anyone else hear of/practice Hung-Gar?

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-02 20:36:24

Nope never even heard of it till now. Anyways welcome to the club. Could you telll us a bit about your style?

Anyways to monocrom. eh i doubt i could do that. If i can get some people to colab and draw pictures ill animate it. But i was thinking I shoudl build up a reputation as an artist first probably start with some sprite arts. Then when i get big enough ill expand to being an animator/script writter. But ya ill see what ill be able to do.

Pie thanks for the offers all you can do to help will be great. I used to have flash a while ago, did one animation that wasn't to bad but got blammed. I really didnt know to much about flash at the time so it did suck a bit. I know now more and i probably wont release my first one for a month or so, so we'll see how it works out.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-02 23:37:34

At 1/2/06 07:14 PM, KungFuCow wrote: This is my first time in this thread. I practice Hung-Gar style Lum-si-wing KungFu and i have been practicing it for almost 3 years now. My rank is that of green sash. And my Martial Arts Studio was ranked #1 in America last year. Anyone else hear of/practice Hung-Gar?

Welcome to the club! I did some research into various martial arts before I decided that R.B.S.D. was the right one for me. No offense, but I never heard of your style. Being ranked #1 in anything is awesome! Does your school have a website? If you provide a link to it, I promise I'll visit it..... To DSM: I've always liked sprites. (Just please, no stick-figure fighting shorts! Some days, on the Portal, I can't Blam those things fast enough)! I've also had people (in the real world) tell me I should be a writer. You'd be amazed at the story-ideas floating around in my head. When you get really good at flash, let me know if you need story-ideas. Happy to help out another regular at this club, if I can.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-03 13:07:53

What you just calling me a regular to the club. I've been here the longest dammit. Your a regular not me, i am THE ALMIGHTY......Joking I know as you where reading that you where like damn what a lil bitch.:p

Anyways, i might start with a stick flash for the martial arts one. If you look at some flash like Xiao-Xiao and this one other series the stick flash are amazing. Of course im not gonna release it and have a stick figure say lol...Or i might but make it a secret:p. No i would make a really awesome fight one with actual martial arts physics such as sensible jumps, getting hurt not killed from a single kick and such stuff like that. I would do sticks proud. Then eventually when i get better ill either A. Do a flash using like tekken sprites(which i dont want to do) or B. Try to draw something or C. Get some animators help on it. I dont know ill see what i can do.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-03 13:20:21

Here is my school's website. I don't know if it has much information on our style, so il look that up and post a seperate link later.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-03 13:28:56

Here is some information on our particular style of Hung-Gar (Lam si wing). The Founder of Hung-Gar KungFu was Hung se Quan, and his master was Jee Sin. The current grand master of our style is Lum Jo. The 5 animals that represent alot of our forms are: Tiger(represents power), leopard(represents speed), dragon(represents breathing), crane(represents softness), and snake(represents chi).

There's alot more i could talk about, but im too lazy right now. Maybe later.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-03 14:39:41

To: KFCow - Thanks for providing the two links. I noticed in the 1st one that your school sells rubber, training knives. My training emphasises the proper use of the knife for self-defense. Do they teach the Blade at your school, or only how to defend against it? (I'm always on the look-out for new techniques to add to my bag). Is your school primarily open-hand?...... To: DSM - Another stick-figure fighting short?! Nooooooo....... Just kidding. But if you do decide to submit that on the Portal, you're going to have to work harder to keep it from being Blammed! Seriously; regulars on the Portal, like me, get real unhappy when we see sticks fighting it out. One suggestion; I've never seen sticks fighting in a tournament setting. You might want to use that, in the background, to make your short stand out! Perhaps even a sign on the backwall saying, "NG martial arts club."

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-03 15:04:10

To Monocrom: Our school teaches traditional Hung-Gar forms, weapons forms (mostly swords), and we are allowed to create our own forms derived from traditional forms and known Hung-Gar moves (to show at tournaments). We learn knife defense also and practice knife fighting and disarming with plastic knifes. Also, what do you mean by open-hand?

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-03 18:56:11

At 1/3/06 03:04 PM, KungFuCow wrote: To Monocrom: Our school teaches traditional Hung-Gar forms, weapons forms (mostly swords), and we are allowed to create our own forms derived from traditional forms and known Hung-Gar moves (to show at tournaments). We learn knife defense also and practice knife fighting and disarming with plastic knifes. Also, what do you mean by open-hand?

Open-hand = fighting without weapons or unarmed combat. Are the knife techniques you're taught practical, or done using traditional forms? Such as; attacker displays the knife to you, attacker squares off with you, attacker uses the unrealistic stiff-arm technique, attacker never bothers to use his free-hand while attacking you, (and finally) no time spent discussing the legal consequences of using a knife to defend yourself or the exact legal definition of "reasonable force." (No offense intended..... but you'd be amazed at the number of schools that get it wrong, when it comes to the Knife).

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-03 22:47:47

At 1/3/06 02:39 PM, Monocrom wrote: "NG martial arts club."

You keep acting like i've never been to the portal. 1. Look at my level. 2. Look at my blam/protection points. 3. Look at my sign up date. I think i know what people like in flash.

Also if i did a tournament thing it would definitely not be stick. That would suck cause i would need more of a story line to it and sticks dont go to well with storylines.

Also of course i would be like NG MARTIAL ARTS CLUB REPRESENT!!!!!!!!! Thats the whole point :p

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 00:58:50

At 1/3/06 10:47 PM, dsmking wrote:
At 1/3/06 02:39 PM, Monocrom wrote: "NG martial arts club."
You keep acting like i've never been to the portal. 1. Look at my level. 2. Look at my blam/protection points. 3. Look at my sign up date. I think i know what people like in flash.

Also if i did a tournament thing it would definitely not be stick. That would suck cause i would need more of a story line to it and sticks dont go to well with storylines.

Also of course i would be like NG MARTIAL ARTS CLUB REPRESENT!!!!!!!!! Thats the whole point :p

Dude, calm down. I never said you were a newbie to the Portal. (Besides, I pulled up the profile of every club regular, once I became one too. I just wanted to learn a bit more about you guys). But you got to admit that the Portal does get flooded with crappy stick-figure, fighting shorts!....... Good to know you'll be REPRESENTING! Much love to all my brothers in the NGMAC!..... Oh, and check out the shiny new badge I got 2 days ago. ;)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 10:08:09

Catch me if you Can

I put faces DSM and MonoChrom in the credits

!!!
enjoy

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 12:21:11

At 1/4/06 10:08 AM, PiePie wrote: Catch me if you Can

I put faces DSM and MonoChrom in the credits

!!!
enjoy

Thank You, PiePie! I did enjoy it! I almost missed out on voting on it! I gave you a 5. Nice music selection, and I always love a chase scene. The scene with the clay-figure working under the hood was hilarious!..... You mispelled my name, but I don't care. It was really cool of you to put my name in the credits of your work. Thank You! You know I had to put it with my list of favorite submissions! :)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 13:00:59

At 1/4/06 12:21 PM, Monocrom wrote: Thank You, PiePie! I did enjoy it! I almost missed out on voting on it! I gave you a 5. Nice music selection, and I always love a chase scene. The scene with the clay-figure working under the hood was hilarious!..... You mispelled my name, but I don't care. It was really cool of you to put my name in the credits of your work. Thank You! You know I had to put it with my list of favorite submissions! :)

heh well how about that I thought it was chrom not crom...

the score sucks though 3.12 puh, anways what can you do.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 13:16:08

At 1/3/06 06:56 PM, Monocrom wrote:
Open-hand = fighting without weapons or unarmed combat. Are the knife techniques you're taught practical, or done using traditional forms? Such as; attacker displays the knife to you, attacker squares off with you, attacker uses the unrealistic stiff-arm technique, attacker never bothers to use his free-hand while attacking you, (and finally) no time spent discussing the legal consequences of using a knife to defend yourself or the exact legal definition of "reasonable force." (No offense intended..... but you'd be amazed at the number of schools that get it wrong, when it comes to the Knife).

Yeah, we do open hand fighting except we call it sparring and we use pads on the hands, feet, and head. Knife tecniques are practical, iv'e never seen a knife used in traditional forms at our school.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 14:20:06

hey im testing for my blackbelt in april in tae-kwon-do, any tips?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 15:04:43

At 1/4/06 02:20 PM, sleepyshocker wrote: hey im testing for my blackbelt in april in tae-kwon-do, any tips?

Sorry dude, im afraid i don't know anything about Tae-kwon-do. Just practice alot, work a lot on what you don't have down very well.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 15:10:04

Ya pie i voted 5 on it bringing it up .012. Dont you just love how i have a voting power of nearly 6. Also i have one suggestion so read my Review of 10's. :p. But pie if yiou are ever interested in some real animating, not in just claymations, you know who to call.... Ghost busters...

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 15:15:11

Im sorry bout the double post but i have a few things to say. I just got elite gaurd seargent for B/P. Which is extremely fucking awesome.

Also i was wrong earlier i have a voting power of 7.

Also Pie i got a really tight idea on what we could do for a martial arts collab if you want. We could have it in like 4 parts. 1. Will be claymation. 2. One will be sprites. 3. 1. Will be stick. 4. Will be drawn. Now in order for it to work we either need to find an artist who would be willing to draw(I could try but i doubt my abilities) and we need to make all of them around the same quality. Now i know for Clay it might be hard for martial arts unless you put bendy wire in the thing. If you dont know what im talking about i could email you like a picture of what i mean.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-04 16:39:12

At 1/4/06 03:15 PM, dsmking wrote:
Also Pie i got a really tight idea on what we could do for a martial arts collab if you want. We

Aie just because I submit blobs does not mean I don't have th real supplies. I have everything including loads of armature wire (bendy wire for you)

also have flash resources just like in pic.

The qaulity is really bad im using a cheap webcam for it..

but yes I like the idea I could also ask a few people if they will be interested ( I know pretty good guy's Kankuran is one of them but I doubt he will do it)

anyway's keep me posted when you get a solid idea...

Martial Arts Club