00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Samurai2513 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

424,365 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-09 22:57:12

At 8/9/06 06:38 AM, Satanic_Samurai wrote:
At 8/9/06 04:54 AM, Flying_J wrote: Happy 200th page...all my posts have been MA related on here. Go me.

Heres to another 200.

*goes to find satan to party hard with her*
Oh okay. Yeah I see how it is. Find the young, innocent, unsuspecting female and get her drunk so that her judgement is totally fucked up and you can do whatever you want with her when she passes out. You should be ashamed Flying!
I'll bring the roofies and good import beer! You can bring the party hats!

Theres so much wrong with your quote there I dont know where to start....Though you arent unsuspecting as I warned you. :p

I would absoloutely positevly never do anything to you while your passed out...thats just...rude. You wouldnt be awake to enjoy it.

(In all seriousness satan knows that I would never treat her or any woman like that)

DSM- What trick camp are you headed to? I know of the good ones and can direct you....or may go myself.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-10 00:34:02

Satanic: I'll send it again. Also, where would you get that hentai? Not that I wnt any....I'm just curious.

.........right......

Twoam: Sentinel and Fremen are spelled as shown here.

Also, Twoam: Good luck on finding a good kenpo school. Kenpo rocks.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-10 00:59:26

Fremen:
I'm not a very good speller. There. Everything is fixed. And another reason I like Kenpo is its a well spread art, schools and tournaments are easy to find.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-10 01:29:19

At 7/30/06 06:08 PM, Monocrom wrote: To: Bi0R-

Wow! You're Alive! ......... Sorry Bro, but you HAVE been away for too long. How's your site, and those flash shorts you were working on?

Please don't make me wait a few months for a response. ;)

I am so mad about that! My mom sold my computer while i was at my girlfriends for the weekend, so now i am at her house checking my stuff. I still have no idea why she did it o.0 even my gf thought i was full of it, but she friggin sold it! >.< All my flash stuff was on there, so now i am saving my cheques for a laptop, then i'll get back to work. So so sorry man >.< I am still trying to find my camera to take more shots, i am trying to get my gf to let me install flash so i can make it on here lol :P ne way, sorry again, train hard, and i'll try and get the flash done. bye for now!

British Columbians: Speak out against the new meal tax or you'll be paying 7% tax on top of the 5% you already pay. http://www2.nomealtax.ca/

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-10 02:44:33

At 8/10/06 12:59 AM, twoamproductions wrote: Fremen:
And another reason I like Kenpo is its a well spread art, schools and tournaments are easy to find.

Thats true, its actually a pretty popular art. More than half the schools near me are some sort of American Kenpo.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-10 11:10:02

To: twoam-

Sorry, there's no easy way to find a good R.B.S.D. school. Knowing who the Founders are would definitely help. Some of them still teach. The rest have students who trained directly under their supervision. Now, those students are the ones who teach. look for a school run by a Founder or by someone who can show that he was trained by a Founder.

Here's a list of the Founders ==> http://www.realfighting.com/1001/rbsd.htm

Best site from an R.B.S.D. Founder ==> www.nononsenseselfdefense.com

Western Boxing, although a Sport, is actually an excellent Art to take for unarmed self-defense.

Just curious...... Why do you want to be banned?! It's really not that prestigious; trust me.

If you got banned, I'd miss you too much, little sis. <3

She sold your comp?! DAMN! .......... No offense, Bro........ But that's just fucked up!

I remember when you made the 1st post on page 100 of this club.

Hope everything works out for you. Hope you get that laptop soon. Just try to check in more often, okay Bro. Take care.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-10 14:34:31

At 8/10/06 11:10 AM, Monocrom wrote: To: satan-

Just curious...... Why do you want to be banned?! It's really not that prestigious; trust me.

She wants to get banned to celebrate one year on NG!!!!!

Thats what i did to celebrate 4, but i did it on another prof. so i could still post here :P

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-10 16:14:45

....right....

I might do something like that....

Maybe not.

Getting banned seems like it would suck.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-10 16:20:15

At 8/10/06 04:14 PM, fremen13 wrote: ....right....

Maybe not.

it only sucks for the first..............ah screw it, it dosent really suck unlless you have the 30 day ban.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-10 16:28:14

At 8/10/06 04:20 PM, Dark_orchestra wrote:

Maybe not.

it only sucks for the first..............ah screw it, it dosent really suck unlless you have the 30 day ban.

Can't we just make alts if we get banned?

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-10 20:05:43

At 8/10/06 04:28 PM, fremen13 wrote:

Maybe not.

Yes, but i wouldnt suggest posting on the same forum you got banned for posting on.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-10 23:50:22

Maybe not.

lol silly Fremen... One of the more serious infractions is posting under an alt account if you are banned, though something can only be done if you are found out, it's still not a good idea.

----------

So I just got to thinking, when is this club going to get back to a martial arts discussion? Yes we had our little 200 pages party that's fine I'm not complaining but no one has posted anything directly relating to martial arts for a couple days...

I guess I'll have to be the trend setter here.

----------

So I've been pretty busy lately and my number of posts here has shown that but also my practicing has suffered, during my lesson today my instructor commented on that. He said that since I'm a ways away from my next belt that I should set some other goal for myself like a competition. What do you all think? Do you find yourselves just unmotivated sometimes when you have a while between belts? If so, what do you do to fill the void? What do you do to keep yourself going?

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I just thought you all should know :)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-10 23:53:03

At 8/10/06 11:10 AM, Monocrom wrote: To: Bi0R-

She sold your comp?! DAMN! .......... No offense, Bro........ But that's just fucked up!

I remember when you made the 1st post on page 100 of this club.

Hope everything works out for you. Hope you get that laptop soon. Just try to check in more often, okay Bro. Take care.

lmao i made the first post, i was so kewl:P lol yeah, it is fucked up, she said something about me spending too much time on the computer o.0 meh, i'm checking in everytime i think of it at my friends house, and i am on my way to the laptop:D I dug out my home-made nunchaku, the chain is still weak >.< i think i might have to modify it a bit, but oh well, i'll figure something out. Bye guys, happy training!

British Columbians: Speak out against the new meal tax or you'll be paying 7% tax on top of the 5% you already pay. http://www2.nomealtax.ca/

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-10 23:59:50

Well see heres the thing, after you get your black belt looking forward to ranks doesnt really mean anything. I mean in all actuality i dont think 2nd or 3rd degree are all that important. 4th i do and i constantly work to gain that level(although i should be concentrating more on 3rd.........

Tournaments could be a good thing for you to work on however you got to take yourself to that next level in order to do anything with it. I mean going to a tourney w/o extra practice means you get raped....

Anyways sparring tonight was fun to say the least. Its always funny when you see 5' 9'' guy kick over a 6' 3'' s head. The shorter guy was my Master. He was demonstrating how to properly use axe kick in sparing.

He did it completely fucking crazy though. He just lifted his leg up so fast and completely faked everyone out the way he did it. Ah its a good day.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-11 00:10:31

i found out that in about 3 weeks i will be taking a black belt test preporation.....a three hour long test.....the real one is 5.

Today we sparred.....it seems like EVERYBODY spars every other thursday. Unfortunatley.....the strap on my chest prtector broke, so i was forced to spar with one of my masters and he had to go easy pn me.....which SUCKED because i dont like it when people go easy on me >:(
Also, i think i might have gotten to the point where i dont get my ass kicked completley when i go up with him. Chuck....my head master........ defiantly kicks my ass bad.

Speaking of sparring, i have a question. When i spar....i usualy defend instead of attack. Eventualy i will attack him, but a take my time. Of course the reason i do this, is because when i attack ts when i have a perfect shot(i.e, the opponent punches hig, i block, he does it with the oter hand, i block....perfect opening right in his stomach). this can prove to be helpful because in a REAL fight, like getting attacked on the street, after the stomach punch, he'll hunch over and i can knee him in the face. My question is.....does anyone else do this?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-11 00:26:54

At 8/11/06 12:10 AM, Dark_orchestra wrote:
Today we sparred.....it seems like EVERYBODY spars every other thursday.

Wrong. We spar every thursday. :)

At 8/10/06 11:50 PM, ThunderboltLegion wrote:

Maybe not.

lol silly Fremen... One of the more serious infractions is posting under an alt account if you are banned, though something can only be done if you are found out, it's still not a good idea.

Right...I wouldn't do it anyways. ;)

----------
So I've been pretty busy lately and my number of posts here has shown that but also my practicing has suffered, during my lesson today my instructor commented on that. He said that since I'm a ways away from my next belt that I should set some other goal for myself like a competition. What do you all think? Do you find yourselves just unmotivated sometimes when you have a while between belts? If so, what do you do to fill the void? What do you do to keep yourself going?

I just learn new forms, and practice ones I'm not so sharp at. I always have 2 or three forms that I need to actively practice, and I usually have 2-3 forms that were taught casually to me that I could practice on with other instructors.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-11 00:38:31

ITS OFFICIAL TOOK MY TEST TONIGHT and PASSED im now a 2nd degree brown in shaolin kung fu WEEEEEE

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-11 01:16:36

Congradulations to Mantis and ChineseGothKid. Btw- Welcome Gothkid.

I saw something during a commercial the other day and found it interesting. -

With all the debate over MTV's Final Fu, a different reality television show has gone somewhat unnoticed. Oxygen TV is debuting a show that martial arts fighting fans will likely enjoy much more than Final Fu - Fight Girls.

Fight Girls chronicles the training and lives of seven female Muay Thai fighters training with the famous Master Toddy of Las Vegas. They are competing for 3 spots that will get them a trip to Thailand to fight for a Muay Thai world title.

Chicks. Fighting. I hope this goes better than Final Fu. And its Muay Thai...so no more panzies and better rules.

Bad news- I dont get to train this weekend. Its my instructor's anniversary and his wife will kill him if he doesnt show up. He tried really hard to get out of it to train with me. It was funny. I dont understand the point of marriage.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-11 01:44:14

At 8/11/06 01:09 AM, ChineseGothKid wrote: I've been doing Tai Kwon Do for nearly 6 years. I'll be getting my Black Belt in a few days. I've spent about an hour a day when I could to practice.

hi. Welcome to the club.

If you want an official Ma club sig, plz PM me.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-11 02:03:13

Hey just stopping in to see whats going on. I haven't been able to post much because we got a mission ELT call out and have been looking. Finally found it and everything is alright, except the fact that i missed four days of training. -_- Anyway, if anybody cares my karate school had an interesting class today. We are learning what is in Kenpo is simply translated into Belt Defense.

It basically revolves more around a Samuria style but was incorporated into the Kenpo teaching somewhere around the early 70's. But, it was used starting the the Meji Era of Japan by Samuria and police whom weren't allowed to carry a weapon. Basically, they would take an extra belt and carry it around their neck and then use it for selfdefense and even offense. It is really cool to learn and can be adapted to use in street fighting if you are wearing a modern day belt.

just thought you guys might find that interesting. We are going to be putting it in a video for sale and all in a couple of months so that will be cool.

Oh and to Dark_Orchestra:

I do the same thing when fighting. I don't know if you do it the same way i do thou. i tend to hop a circle on my toes around the ring. I confuse the person, make them come to me, and then get them with a jumping backfist or thurst kick or sometimes a step in side, depends on the angle of attack. but no you are not alone. I like to wait out fights unless it is a 3 foot start, then I do an amediate attack, usually a jumping backfist or thurst. Those are the most effect for coming out of the box, so to speak.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-11 02:25:49

DSM you never said where you were headed to for the trick camp?

Anyway going to sleep...so tiredt.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-11 02:52:37

Inuma-

Mission ELT? And in Hapkido we do belt defense too. Its required for 6th dan. Ive learned a few of the techniques but from what Ive learned its pretty hard. We use our belts for it and mine is long, so I trip on it and get tangled up. I love doing it and its a blast to tie people up. I have this thing with some Hapkido buddies of mine where its like the competitions that guys do with cows, where you catch them and tie them up and see who gets best time. Only we do random attacks and defend and see who reacts the fastest. During the GM Ji Han Jae seminar in 2003 he taught hankercheif techniques again grabs and punch. Ive seen scarf techniques before but the hankercheif stuff was awesome.

Yeah, so I like to be tied up. No I dont have a fetish. :P

Flying J-

Its only 2am. You dont need sleep. Sleep is just a government conspiracy, you know that. *puts on tin foil hat*

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-11 03:15:02

At 8/11/06 02:03 AM, InumaAsahiDe wrote:

Anyway, if anybody cares my karate school had an interesting class today. We are learning what is in Kenpo is simply translated into Belt Defense.

It basically revolves more around a Samuria style but was incorporated into the Kenpo teaching somewhere around the early 70's. But, it was used starting the the Meji Era of Japan by Samuria and police whom weren't allowed to carry a weapon. Basically, they would take an extra belt and carry it around their neck and then use it for selfdefense and even offense. It is really cool to learn and can be adapted to use in street fighting if you are wearing a modern day belt.

We only have two techniques that I know of in my school. The belt is used mainly only to block the attack then choke/break the attackers nekc in the first one, and in the second one it is used to block their strike, then trap them or throw them to the ground.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-11 17:16:20

Regarding knees --

In R.B.S.D., students are taught that mobility and foot work is far more important than a very low stance that roots you to the ground........ since a large attacker can still knock you on your back by Bum-Rushing you. (Yeah, simple technique; but it works). By standing upright and keeping your knees slightly bent, you can pivot off the centerline when the guy tries to Bum-Rush you. A lot better than standing there, and trying to take on his force; head on!

No tournaments in R.B.S.D., no nothing-else involved in the Art that one can do when training seems to become tedious, and you get a bit unmotivated. (Hell, there's not even a Belt or Dan rank to shoot for)........ I usually end up taking a break, concentrating on my other interests; like cars. (There's a Car Club on NG....... but it died awhile ago). Or on high-end tactical equipment; or training in something else. Like firearms training. Sometimes, not even training. Head to the Range, pop off a few .22 caliber rounds from a rifle; just for fun......... Come back when I can put the fact that the world is a fucked up place to exist in the back of my mind.

What you refered to is called "flowing." That's when you get good enough to anticipate natural human responses and be able to instantly transition from one technique or move into another, and do it seemlessly........ Some Martial Artists spend a Lifetime trying to get to that point. A point where they can flow from one to another to another to another.......... Not just one to one.

Hey, Congrats on your achievement. :)

Point of Marriage?........... So your kids aren't bastards! :P
Well, some folks see marriage as a clear indication to others that a Life-Long commitment exists between 2 people. (Not really, but everyone likes to play pretend......... Just like all the Yuppie NewYorkers who pretend they live on House-ton Street. Even though it's spelled "Houston." Naturally, I refuse to play pretend....... unless it's foreplay. "Sure, I'll pretend I'm the Pizza Delivery Boy, and you have no money, so we work something out)." Meh, there's some tax benefits to filing as a married couple. Not much! But still........

That show you described sounds a lot better than Final Fu. Do you know when it's on?

I've heard of fighting with a belt or scarf or similar object. Using a regular belt that you take off your own waist, doesn't sound like a good idea. If I get inside the range of your belt, I'm aiming for your pants! Pull them down, push you down. For most people........... That's ALL folks!

Although you'd probably put up more of a fight than most people, little sis. ;)

There are definitely advantages to sometimes letting an opponent or even an attacker come to you........ As you get older, you learn how to "wait."

Don't you just love young hotheads who charge in?......... And they honestly expect to always win! That's the best part!! :D

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-11 20:50:09

At 8/11/06 05:16 PM, Monocrom wrote: Regarding knees --

Knee's? hmm...well here's how important knees are in parkour.

While doing Parkour one day, my mom told me a small story of a man who jumped off about a 3 foot high drop, and shattered all the bones in his leg. I consequently told her that's what happens when you don't bend your knee's and crouch down. While unlike that dumbass over there, i'm doing 15 foot drops and landing perfectly. Sometimes even without a roll.

If you ever want to get into parkour, the first things you learn, no matter what, i don't care how much you want to get into the Vaults, you will and must learn how to crouch and roll properly. Otherwise you'll end up not walking for the rest of you life.

Oh Snype, you're such a fag.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-11 21:23:48

At 8/11/06 02:25 AM, Flying_J wrote: DSM you never said where you were headed to for the trick camp?

Anyway going to sleep...so tiredt.

Ya this is a pretty recent decision of mine. Im currently looking at where i could go to do this. It'll probably be a whole year before i actually go though.

About defending during sparring, i used to do that but sparing like that is really a bad thing to do. I used to think ill just have my opponent get tired while I just sit back and wait for an opening but learning how to attack while defending is alot better than just waiting. You can also force your opponent to create an opening while you attack them. This can be done several ways.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-11 21:41:19

Satanic_Samurai wrote:

: Mission ELT?

Firstly, an ELT mission has to do with airplanes. I am in CAP (civil air patrol) it is a devision of the airforce and whenever a plane crashes or can't be found we go out and find it and rescue the people.

As for an ELT in itself, an ELT is that black box you always hear about when an airplane goes down. I am in charge of locating and desiffering those boxes. They send out this signal that we track and i know how to track, locate, interupt, and all thse other things with them.

Anyway, cool for the Hapkido stuff, we are doing it just for fun at the moment and we have a total of 10 defense and offense techniques with it. Some are like hog tying people and others are for blocking or chocking.

We also learned bandkercheif techniques but I think cane fighting is by far the most useful and interesting in origans. Since cane fighting was developed in the meji resteration and revolved around the time in Japan where swords weren't allowed. People would use wooden swords which eventually turned into canes after so many years. Heehee, my favorite weapon is an old people's tool.

Monocron:

I love hotheads they are the best people to fight. I can get them everytime by just raising my leg and not even thinking. But still, you have to be careful how you react to a person who rushes in. There have been times when I underestimated the movement and lost a point.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-11 21:59:21

To: lnuma-

Screw the point, I'm more likely to lose more than that, if I misjudge things.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-11 22:57:44

At 8/11/06 09:59 PM, Monocrom wrote: To: lnuma-

Screw the point, I'm more likely to lose more than that, if I misjudge things.

if you're lossing more than that you are fighting an inexsperienced fighter. In sparring our goal should not be to hurt people but to get what we want with the least amount of damage. a person who goes in, uses everything, and hurts some one has no right to be a blackbelt or any other rank. The true sign of a blackbelt is the ability to hold back, and in my style and training it is possible to lose your belt if you demonstrate a contary understanding of it in the ring. But yeah, i can understand getting hurt when you misjudge things and the other person is holding back. so in the end you are right. If you misjudge or underestimate you are likely to lose more than a point, but you shouldn't lose to much. Maybe your breath, or the use of an arm of leg for a while. and there was the time i broke my rib...

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-08-11 23:24:33

To: lnuma-

Damn! ....... Is there any part of you that hasn't been to the "Body Shop."