00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zerovoting and Exposure.

76,177 Views | 607 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-04 03:43:20

At 8/4/08 02:58 AM, Suspended-3rd-Chord wrote:
At 8/4/08 02:50 AM, jrhager84 wrote: Yeah, I know, huh? I mean there was ONLY like 8,000 posts just made yesterday alone, let alone the 10 years it's been around. I have quite a bit of reading to do, don't I?
1. My last post was meant to be sarcastic

2. No don't be obtuse, you just need to catch up on reading this thread. If you read the first couple pages, you would see that tieing in the voting score with the review score has already been suggested and shot down by the staff. if anything, quote them and point out faults in their reasoning.

3. anyways, no hard feelings dude.

.......That's not even what I meant. I didn't mean to TIE them together... I meant you can't GIVE a 0 unless you write a review that helps them make it better. It didn't seem like anything like that had been suggested (at least not to my notion).

I was also joking when I said my last post. It's just a lot goes on here, and unless you've witnessed it first hand, it's pretty hard to go trudging through it all (these threads die and vaporize pretty quickly...

either way, you're right. No hard feelings.

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-04 10:54:41

At 8/4/08 10:46 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/4/08 09:01 AM, DJBrixX wrote: suggestion that is suggested at least once a week.
Need I say more?

LURK MOAR!

lol, yeah, but at least it was a suggestion that was suggested at least once a week in this thread rather than being a new topic posted with the title "hey I've got a great idea to fix the AP!"

Seriously though... the AP fix thread and this one are so huge now... who on earth could be arsed reading through the repetition? The Audio Forum almost needs a new "sticky" thread at the top saying "New users... also read this first" with a concise summary of all the main ideas that have been suggested to avoid even more repetition.

Having said that, some people just like to say their piece. I mean, the suggestion I just suggested is also most probably suggested at least once a week!

aaaah! too many suggestions!

Latest audio: Chicken Humpin' - Funny and retarded. No Sympathy for a Liar - You reap what you sow in Bard's vocalised version of Deathcalypse's supreme heavy metal.

BBS Signature

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-05 18:34:48

The 1 vote idea iz cool but I stoped caring a while back, I'll just hit the ad thread when I drop some new shit every now and then

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-06 07:39:15

At 8/6/08 04:26 AM, PaulStetich wrote: Here's a good idea . . .

STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT.

I learned that the hard way.

Oh, oh no. You guys gonna flame me now? You gonna yell at me telling me to get off the stage?

Emo forum is more like it.

Yet, you're still bitching? And, you're the one flaming us: "Emo forum". I'm going to put this in the most forward and honest way I can. Sit down and have a nice, warm cup of shut the fuck up. I'm not trying to make you more aggrivated than you already are but, you could have just said "Stop bitching, please" without the added "Look at me, I'm an attention seeker" shit at the bottom there.

yea

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-06 09:02:07

At 8/6/08 07:39 AM, LiquidEvolution wrote:

:Sit down and have a nice, warm cup of shut the fuck up. I'm not trying to make you more aggrivated than you already are but, you could have just said "Stop bitching, please" without the added "Look at me, I'm an attention seeker" shit at the bottom there.

Quoted for Troof. I got zero bombed yesterday but...I'm not saying anything about it.

Taste me you will see, more is all you need.

Portfolio

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-06 09:16:11

You are a genuine idiot aren't you?

Taste me you will see, more is all you need.

Portfolio

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-06 10:44:37

At 8/6/08 09:14 AM, PaulStetich wrote: I could . . . yur right I could have jsut said stop bitching about it . . . but you know what? I like to have fun with it. Besides with all the shit you guys always give me all these years, why should I end it there?

If theres anything you guys taught me its that the audio forum is the survival of the fittest forum. The best way to be the fittest is to pwn the guys like Mr Whiny Face person who got 0-bombed and complains about it. That used to be me.

That USED to be me.

And now, now I'm a fun loving person who hates the audio forum. Why do I post here then?

Boredom. It's all the game of boredom. Like chess, you have to play your pieces just right. Haters haters haters thats all I get, but not anymore are they really haters? Or just jealous ppl who have no life outside newgrounds?

Used to be? You're still whining. Except now, you're having a tantrum about us telling you, you're an idiot for complaing about zero bombers (Considering you still bitch about zero bombers after 3 years of being a part of NG). Here's a hint. Stop the attention seeking. Really, people are just going to call you an idiot twice as much if you say "I hate the AF, you guys give me shit" Bitch, whine, bitch. You know why people give you shit? It's because, frankly. People have heard enough about zero bombers and your "zero terrorist" shit doesn't add to the matter. Make music for the sake of being creative, not gathering attention and if someone zero bombs you. Deal with it and stop being such a cry baby.

yea

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-07 18:54:00

cough filters cough

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-07 19:36:26

in flashes zero bombing gives u blam points
if u review a song or vote on it u get nothing i fairly voted on everything ive been around i believe
if your songs suck than you will get zero bombed lol
just like be like cheshyre "GOD" or something and make music that grabs 1,000's of voters
im posting songs for the first time in years so im not that sure about how things work here
rather than having 2 voter systems and a reviewer y not just have the rating atached to the review so if someones just rushing a "lie" it doesnt count
im an idiot rofl
to me its all about effort either be proud of your project or let some geeky internet obsessed chronic newgrounds lvler up guy ruin your experiance
i make music to make me happy even thought im not so sain
for the ppl out there who "hate" on other peoples music just cuz you afte some points that mean nothing in the real world :3 yall ned to stop having dem slurpeez of yours extra nutted and get a life lol
newgrounds a great website cuz even if the songs have bad ratngs there still there if 100 ppl vote for it right or maybe im wrong who knows correct me if im wrong.
Tom dont bann me !!!!!!

Hail Fiction

BBS Signature

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-08 00:33:35

It's spelled "ebonics". and it's just a language preference, the same way your favorite color can be blue, and the same way your sexual preference can be homosexual.

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-08 01:49:09

At 8/7/08 07:06 PM, PaulStetich wrote: Liquid Evolution . . . you're stoned bro. But then you've always been an anti-stetich punk.

It seems no matter what I say its about 0-bombing.

I can say "Hi guys, I was born in Texas" and itll be me complaining about 0-bombing.

I dont care about 0-bombers anymore . . . if thres one thing I learned from this experience its that ppl will ACTUALLY LOOK THROUGH the audio portal, not the highest scoring ones.

In fact, I couldnt be happier! I been getting a lot of attention lately, a lot more than when my scores were all the way at 4.40. I guess the audio portal fans look at honesty and TRUE scores.

Liquid Evolution if you cant accept the fact that I've changed, then so be it. This isn't complaining. You see complaining applies to the emotions, stressed, depressed, anger, sadness. Me? I'm just happy.

But hey if you dont want anyone on newgrounds to be happy then so be it,

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, Welcome!!!! This is the land of unhappy, where people hate you no matter what you do, where dreams are crushed by criticism, where people LOVE 0-bombers and hate the ones whove adapted to this change.

Yur funny, LOLZ LMAO ROFL and so forth.

Truth hurts doesn't it? Let's get a few facts straight.

"But then you've always been an anti-stetich punk." - Before this occasion, I had never even mentioned your name. And you're calling me the stoned one?

"It seems no matter what I say its about 0-bombing." - "If theres anything you guys taught me its that the audio forum is the survival of the fittest forum. The best way to be the fittest is to pwn the guys like Mr Whiny Face person who got 0-bombed and complains about it.".

"Liquid Evolution if you cant accept the fact that I've changed, then so be it." - The fact that you are still here, whining that you have changed and having ANOTHER tantrum kinda' proves you havn't mate.

You really want to prove me wrong. Then just stop complaining, full stop. The first time I quoted what you said. If you would have just said "Please, stop bitching" without the added attention crap at the bottom there, we wouldn't be in this mess now, would we? And this whole time, I've only been saying what I have been saying to make you realise this. But no, you have to take what I say personally and accuse me of attacking you. Sure, I might have said a few cruel things but hey, sometimes it gets the message across. And about all this not being complaining, maybe you should revise and choose your words in a wiser way because, complaining is all you've been doing. Complaining because I actually pulled on some heart strings. Anyways, that's enough about it. I don't want this turning into a flame war so, I hold no grudges and HELL, LET'S BE FRIENDS! if it will make you feel any better.

yea

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-08 02:38:54

Every time you vote zero, you should have to pay a penny. The catch is, it builds up. Every month you have to pay. Motherfuckers who are unaware will get repo'd... Done story.

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-08 14:38:50

At 8/7/08 07:53 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/7/08 07:36 PM, nataSNoose wrote: a bunch of eubonics
honestly, is it too much to ask to type properly? If you can go through the trouble of writing "dat" and " der" and "hatin" and all those other stupid eubonics, is it so hard to type normally? Noone likes people that talk like that around here - and it will cause people to take you less seriously. A wise lesson on the internet AND in real life.

text is just text
+ im listening to music as im going through forums.
stick to the topic rather than try to be smartass with your proper spelling.
people should get what i was typing, ever heard of hip-hop/ slang ??
you wouldnt correct people who are speaking to you in real life just cuz they sound improper.
your arrogant and rude
for attacking someones grammer through text,which since it's through the internet its even more pathetic and hilarious.
i type without looking so sometimes i miss keys.
doesnt mean you have to be a "hater"
i think your predigious. maybe even racist or a HUGE stereo typer.
america gives me the freedom of speach so i'll type on this computer how ever i please.
you talk like Adulf Hitler.
i thought the subject of this topic is about people who vote zero on the stuff people uploaded for blampoints.
guess not

Hail Fiction

BBS Signature

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-08 14:47:11

At 8/8/08 02:38 PM, nataSNoose wrote: you talk like Adulf Hitler.

LAOL

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-08 14:52:05

At 8/8/08 02:38 AM, Scribbler wrote: Every time you vote zero, you should have to pay a penny. The catch is, it builds up. Every month you have to pay. Motherfuckers who are unaware will get repo'd... Done story.

lol
"ima level 10000 newground gold account memeberwith 999999.999% experiance points!!!"
im not obsessive.
where is this topic going anyways?
cheshyre is good enough as a musician to maintain high scores.
maybe zero bombers are just picky like american idol judges.
when you create a song in your head be like "ima be the next effin linkin park or something"
with your hardcore nice music you created just now that would make famous music industries want you.
my tracks arnt up yet but ima guess a low scores gonna get to my head sooner or later
ok im done now, bye forum
hopefully you all understand me who ever's reading this

Hail Fiction

BBS Signature

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-08 15:17:03

At 8/8/08 02:48 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/8/08 02:38 PM, nataSNoose wrote:
At 8/7/08 07:53 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/7/08 07:36 PM, nataSNoose wrote: a bunch of eubonics
honestly, is it too much to ask to type properly? If you can go through the trouble of writing "dat" and " der" and "hatin" and all those other stupid eubonics, is it so hard to type normally? Noone likes people that talk like that around here - and it will cause people to take you less seriously. A wise lesson on the internet AND in real life.
text is just text
+ im listening to music as im going through forums.
stick to the topic rather than try to be smartass with your proper spelling.
people should get what i was typing, ever heard of hip-hop/ slang ??
you wouldnt correct people who are speaking to you in real life just cuz they sound improper.
your arrogant and rude
for attacking someones grammer through text,which since it's through the internet its even more pathetic and hilarious.
i type without looking so sometimes i miss keys.
doesnt mean you have to be a "hater"
i think your predigious. maybe even racist or a HUGE stereo typer.
america gives me the freedom of speach so i'll type on this computer how ever i please.
you talk like Adulf Hitler.
i thought the subject of this topic is about people who vote zero on the stuff people uploaded for blampoints.
guess not
y you wrote that whole thing properly - amazing what you can do when you try isn't it.

and yes I would correct someone that talked like that in real life - it makes you sound uneducated.

and ill do whatever the fuck I want.

you're ignorant and petty.
I also hate people that use the word "hater"

and I think u mean prejudice :P - im not being a stereotyper - you'rethe one thats hiding behind the "its the internet" for your own bad habits. And since this is the internet, I guess I can only consider you as a meaningless jumble of text that occasionally gets mad at me - oh no - a jumble of text is mad at me..

I don't live in "america" - i live in canada :P

and its adolf hitler u tard - SEIG HEIL!

ICT BIN GOTT!
and no not really.

I also thought my response to your original statement was very civil - but if you wanna be an asshole about it - I can be an asshole right back.

lets say we were in the same room face to face in reality.
you would not talk to me the way you are typing.
you would be very afraid of me.
your all trying to gangrape me with letters.you dont know me personally you dont even know who i am.im just a picture
im not hatefull towards anyone.
i guess your just some preppy suburban child with a good happy family who doesnt understand what the real world is really like.actions speak louder than words.
this whole time ive been trying to talk about the voting system on this site.
im not white,and im bilingual and very proud of it.
im just here to post music and to see what people have posted for my own enjoyment.
its obvious your afraid to have a life
so you take it out by typing.
when your done being a looser
maybe youll have the balls to get involved wth my reality rather than being pure geek.
this got boring so ima just leave the comp for now.
im sorry you dont like me cuz im not one of your kind.
so just go on with what you were doing,im done :)

Hail Fiction

BBS Signature

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-08 16:26:42

At 8/8/08 03:17 PM, nataSNoose wrote:

:: wall of text LOL

I bet you eat KFC.

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-08 16:33:32

At 8/8/08 04:26 PM, Suspended-3rd-Chord wrote:
At 8/8/08 03:17 PM, nataSNoose wrote:
wall of text LOL
I bet you eat KFC.

HAHAHHAHAHA

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-09 11:32:56

Zerovoting, also known as "Zero-Bombing" is just unfair to everyone, but to someone... it is a strategy. Face it, having your music show up on the first page when various people come to the AP is VERY important to exposure. Even if the person plans on hunting deep into the back pages, they are still going to see your name and song first before doing so. Also, if someone important, like someone who can give out record contracts or needs music for a game in development comes to the AP, they are not going to know about Zero-Bombing. Those important people are just going to check out whatever is highest on the charts obviously thinking that it will be the best music available.

But of course, most of us already know this, so...

Chances are if you have became enraged about Zero-Bombing enough to complain about it, you are most likely guilty of doing it yourself. Deep down inside we all know that to be successful at this strategy, you have to be against the strategy. So we all pretend to hate it, but whoever is smart will use it.

So for those of you who haven't learned the ways of Zero-Bombing allow me to teach you how it works...

#1 - PRIVACY! PRIVACY! PRIVACY!
Zero-Bombing is something that you should never admit to doing for the sake of your reputation. (NOTE: Whatever you do, after reading this guide DO NOT post any "Thank You" replies. What you need to do is bash, complain and write hateful things about this guide so you will not be suspected as a potential Zero-Bomber. Don't worry, I can handle negative responses, besides I will know what you truly are thinking.) Currently no one has exposed a way to tell WHO the Zero-Bombers are, so as long as you don't talk about it, you can use your main account to do it. If you are still afraid you can always create a secondary Newgrounds account to do all your dirty work.

#2 - VOTING (BOMBING) POWER
The Audio Portal voting system works like the Flash Portal voting system, so you want to have as much voting power as you can. The higher your power, the less you will have to Zero-Bomb tracks. This is also how you will be able to compete against other Zero-Bombers. Overall, if you got more power than you can keep your scores high and other peoples low.

#3 - THE FIGHT FOR THE FRONT PAGE
If you have a new track that you are ready to submit to the AP, make sure the coast is clear! Before you submit the track, go to the section your submitting the track and Zero-Bomb all the tracks on the first page, and if you feel up to it, Zero-Bomb the whole second page as well. (NOTE: You will want to have a browser that supports TABS and also a mouse with a middle button. When you go down the track listings you should be able to click the song link with the middle mouse button, allowing it to open into another TAB. After you have a bunch of TABS open, you can quickly click through them allowing you to hit the "Vote 0" button much more faster.) Give about 2 to 3 days for everyone to finish whining and freaking out and then submit your new song.

#4 - AVOID BECOMING AND MAKING A SUSPECT
(NOTE: This is just a theory that takes time and doesn't always work. I had a successful test using ganon95 as the suspect and cornandbeans tracks as the ones that I wanted to get bumped to the first page of the Techno section, and it worked.) If you have multiple songs that you want all on the first page you have to take cautious steps to do so. If you just go crazy Zero-Bombing until all your music is at the top of the list like its your own personal page other artists are going to suspect you right away as the Zero-Bomber. Which can lead to your tracks getting constantly bombed. The best way around this is to find another artist who has multiple songs on, or close to the first page. This will be the artist you set up to be the suspect a.k.a victim a.k.a sacrifice. Begin by constantly Zero-Bombing anyone's tracks that have higher scores than your music and the "suspects" music. Then vote 5's on all the "suspects" music, but be careful to keep your score right under the suspects. Eventually, you will end up with a list of the "suspects" music at the top of the first page and most of your music listed below the "suspects". Finally, you wait and someone else that you will have Zero-Bombed the crap out of will come along and think that the "suspect" is the one who Zero-Bombed them and retaliate back allowing your tracks to flow up on the first page.

#5 - ZERO-BOMBING FOR REVENGE
If someone starts bitching at you because of the way you talk on the internet, or comes to your user page and intentionally tries to start an argument then you should probably Zero-Bomb their tracks.

#6 - ZERO-BOMBING FOR FUN
Just sick of it all? Got nothing better to do with your time? Then go raise havoc in the Audio Portal!

Sorry for spelling and grammar errors.

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-10 20:08:55

Ok, HYPOTHETICALLY speaking here;

If you hypothetically (because you would never actually do this) decided to Zero-Bombed some tracks because someone was holding a gun to your head and making you do it...

A) Would you Zero-Bomb for exposure, revenge, or just for fun?

B) Who would you Bomb or what genres of the Audio Portal would you Zero-Bomb?

Remember, this is all hypothetical, of course you would never Zero-Bomb anyone!

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-13 14:10:37

Explain me why we dont filter the extremes out (the 0's, lulz) since they manipulate the score too much in the AP.

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-13 15:04:33

At 8/9/08 11:32 AM, tekcos wrote: #4 - AVOID BECOMING AND MAKING A SUSPECT
(NOTE: This is just a theory that takes time and doesn't always work. I had a successful test using ganon95 as the suspect and cornandbeans tracks as the ones that I wanted to get bumped to the first page of the Techno section, and it worked.)

I've always wondered why so many of ganon95's songs are on the techno frontpage.

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-14 04:30:32

At 8/13/08 03:04 PM, Gloudas wrote: I've always wondered why so many of ganon95's songs are on the techno frontpage.

I'm sure a lot of people probably blamed ganon95 for that happening too, which was the point of doing that.

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-14 10:30:26

Wow, the Industrial section in the AP is officially "WREAKED".

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-14 12:00:53

olololololol

Zerovoting and Exposure.

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-14 13:33:37

At 8/14/08 01:29 PM, Bjra wrote: and every new zero bombing thread is closed LOL. complete bullshit

And that's the reason this thread is open...

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-14 13:35:40

People make it seem like down voting is the end of the world. I just had someone go to my page and downvote my latest 30 songs. It doesn't bother me at all because someone took the time to down vote that much. Now, people just need to get over the shit. There's not one song on here that deserves a perfect 5. Stop bitching if you atleast get a 3.

TdM / Cannibal Brigade / The Silent Minority / NUG Ventrilo Mod

Cyrez Tha War Spawn

BBS Signature

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-14 13:37:43

At 8/14/08 01:32 PM, Bjra wrote:
At 8/9/08 11:32 AM, tekcos wrote: Zerovoting, also known as "Zero-Bombing" is just unfair to everyone, but to someone... it is a strategy. Face it, having your music show up on the first page when various people come to the AP is VERY important to exposure.
not if your music sucks. Shit is still shit, it doesnt matter how many people listen to it. zero bombing encourages laziness and unoriginality in the audio portal

Shit or not, if you look at the weekly top 5, almost all the songs have 30 or more reviews. Almost all the reviews are positive too. I'd say zerobombing worked pretty effective for these artists.

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-14 13:42:35

At 8/14/08 01:00 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/14/08 12:00 PM, tekcos wrote: olololololol
stoip spamming damnit lol - rucklo is so gonna ban your ass >:(

why the hell would you even post that? don*t think a PM to me would have been smoother and easier?

Wakka wakka

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-14 13:54:50

Haha, my songs just got their scores annihilated: that must mean I'm finally POPULAR!!! XD XD

Seriously, am I the only one amused with the lack of a penis that makes people become zero-bombers?
I think it's just hilarious. XD

BBS Signature