HouseMasta
HouseMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-16 18:19:53 Reply

At 6/16/08 05:47 PM, DzGuy wrote:
At 6/16/08 05:02 PM, HouseMasta wrote: so youre saying your friends are the only reason your songs are above 1 and not the fact that the music speaks for itself... hmm......
Well someone constantly 0'ing your work every day for no reason isn't an honest score either.

well idk what the reason is (dont know what happened) so i guess i dont have a say in the matter...

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-16 19:49:19 Reply

I dunno - i tend to agree with Paul on one thing - it seems someone has been more actively zero-voting lately.. I know my scores have been hit - and I'm sure yours have been too housemasta...

DJ-Infinity
DJ-Infinity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-17 14:30:29 Reply

At 6/10/08 08:00 PM, Rucklo wrote:

:There are always some bastards running around voting 0 on everything, just like You are a bastard voting 5 on your own stuff every single day.

The only reason I vote 5 on all my own stuff is cause no-one else will =D ...

HINT HINT! ;)

There are an infinite number of Universes where anything not happening here, is happening there. So take comfort in the fact that you're getting laid in half them.

BBS Signature
TheComet
TheComet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-17 14:58:20 Reply

When you can use this retaliatory weapon, http://www.newgrounds.com/lit/faq#upa_vo ting_power , they don't leave a dent XD

anyways, 0 voters always have been, and always will be around, if you want exposure you really need to just pass the audio around to friends and people you come across, review alot of other people's content (while they don't ALL review back, some do), and ask for C&C

Just remember that scores mean nothing, the only thing that can actually improve your music is the C&C.

Flash Count: 111 | Audio Count: 560
Sanity is grossly overrated and detrimental to the creative process.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-17 20:10:34 Reply

At 6/17/08 02:58 PM, TheComet wrote: When you can use this retaliatory weapon, http://www.newgrounds.com/lit/faq#upa_vo ting_power , they don't leave a dent XD

lol except when they are also levelling up every day :P

but ya scores mean dick all. Let the charts get filled with noobs.

PaulStetich
PaulStetich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-19 22:34:08 Reply

At 6/16/08 07:49 PM, Chronamut wrote: I dunno - i tend to agree with Paul on one thing - it seems someone has been more actively zero-voting lately.. I know my scores have been hit - and I'm sure yours have been too housemasta...

I got a cool idea . . . hopefully Tom will see it but I dunno . . . perhaps making it so that the author of the song can SEE who voted?

It's funny, I got the idea when I had a few shots of Jack Daniels at my friend's house watching the WWE and playing GTA4 ^.^ lol

JohnnyFrizz
JohnnyFrizz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-19 23:18:50 Reply

At 6/19/08 10:34 PM, PaulStetich wrote: I got a cool idea . . . hopefully Tom will see it but I dunno . . . perhaps making it so that the author of the song can SEE who voted?

That wont fix the problem, the only thing you would do is go and vote 0 on the stuff of the guy who 0 voted you...what the staff should do is making a voting system where the server asks the users who vote 0 for a review (force them to review) and if the review results abusive or spammish, the review will be deleted and the negative points will be removed from that sumbition's score.
:Jack Daniels
JOHNNY WALKER IS THE BEST! lol

HouseMasta
HouseMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-19 23:20:38 Reply

At 6/19/08 10:34 PM, PaulStetich wrote: I got a cool idea . . . hopefully Tom will see it but I dunno . . . perhaps making it so that the author of the song can SEE who voted?

the last person who suggested that had their voting log posted up by liljim.

It's funny, I got the idea when I had a few shots of Jack Daniels at my friend's house watching the WWE and playing GTA4 ^.^ lol

then yes, its pretty much a drunk idea - hence not a good one

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature
Bad-Man-Incorporated
Bad-Man-Incorporated
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-20 19:59:09 Reply

It would really help the "initial" 0 voting, if we were able to choose to have our song "scroll" down the "New Submissions" on the Audio Front Page or not.. 0 votes after that, are just pure hatred.

BBS Signature
PaulStetich
PaulStetich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-21 16:15:40 Reply

OK then how bout this . . .

Go back to the system where you can only vote once and JUST once. That'd be pretty helpful now wouldnt it.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-21 17:13:44 Reply

At 6/21/08 04:15 PM, PaulStetich wrote: OK then how bout this . . .

Go back to the system where you can only vote once and JUST once. That'd be pretty helpful now wouldnt it.

sadly one cannot give and then take. I dont think they will ever go back to the system they once had.

HouseMasta
HouseMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-21 19:59:24 Reply

At 6/21/08 05:13 PM, Chronamut wrote: sadly one cannot give and then take. I dont think they will ever go back to the system they once had.

yea, after everyone bitched about that system. people will bitch regardless. i liked the older system but whatever

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature
stephenharper
stephenharper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-21 20:04:50 Reply

i liked it better when there was audio forum for you guys to make your little posts, and have your little signature pictures

did u get it

PaulStetich
PaulStetich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-23 07:00:57 Reply

Well, there ARE ways . . .

Perhaps one can come up with a little . . . I want to say petition but that's not quite what I'm looking for . . . for the VOTE ONCE ONLY rule to take affect. If we can get enough cybersignatures and send it to whoever is in charge (I take it its not really Tom now is it?) Perhaps they can apply that little fixture.

Sorry if that doesnt make much sense, I been up for like 34 hours now XD and counting (Hey today is Sonic's 17th anniversary and a hardcore straightedge fan like me has to stay up THE WHOLE DAY ^.^)

But I think you guys can tell where I'm going with this. Now the question is . . . who's gonna be the one to propose this idea to Tom or whoever's in charge of this thing?

I must say though this whole controversy is really helping . . . I personally have been getting some more attention in my music, and I notice some of my peeps have been too. But still, tis annoying when you had a 4.39 score and some guy votes 0 on you every day til it reaches a 3.91.

And I am just rambling on and on, I'll get off now. XD

sculpted-cold
sculpted-cold
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-23 09:38:57 Reply

lol@this:

New Car (FreeCreditReport.Com) - 4.58 (Last night)
New Car (FreeCreditReport.Com) - 4.19 (This morning)

EP2 out now! Download it for free :).

soundcloud | newgrounds

war-spawn
war-spawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-23 09:56:21 Reply

There are people who stalk pages, there are others who just vote down whatever was newly submitted. Is it ever going to change? I doubt it. Is there something we can do about it? Very unlikely. =\

TdM / Cannibal Brigade / The Silent Minority / NUG Ventrilo Mod
Cyrez Tha War Spawn

BBS Signature
LiquidEvolution
LiquidEvolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-23 10:32:19 Reply

At 6/23/08 09:56 AM, war-spawn wrote: There are people who stalk pages, there are others who just vote down whatever was newly submitted. Is it ever going to change? I doubt it. Is there something we can do about it? Very unlikely. =\

Talk about a reinforced point.. anyway. To Paul. The AP isn't really a big part of NG. We're lucky we have it.
They're not gonna' go and make some system to phaze out Zero bombing. As far as they're concerned, if the FP has to deal with zero bombing, so should we, even if the effect of it is worse in the AP. Really, take away the voting system and I'm sure not many people will miss the top 30. By the way, considering the top 5 is hand picked (So I've been told) that will stay if they banish voting from the AP. Sure it means less exposure but it stops so much complaining.

yea

PaulStetich
PaulStetich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-23 11:18:39 Reply

At 6/23/08 09:38 AM, sculpted-cold wrote: lol@this:

New Car (FreeCreditReport.Com) - 4.58 (Last night)
New Car (FreeCreditReport.Com) - 4.19 (This morning)

Wasn't me I swear!!!!

Hmm . . . .XD

winKoneR
winKoneR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-23 11:27:14 Reply

to solve this problem, I would keep only the 0-10 review-voting and strike off the 0-5 anonyms voting... if would somebody zerovote you then, at least you would know who the fuck is that dumbshit dickheaded mothefucker...

LiquidEvolution
LiquidEvolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-23 12:34:00 Reply

At 6/23/08 11:27 AM, winKoneR wrote: to solve this problem, I would keep only the 0-10 review-voting and strike off the 0-5 anonyms voting... if would somebody zerovote you then, at least you would know who the fuck is that dumbshit dickheaded mothefucker...

By the way you're talking, we all know you're just gonna' go and bomb him right back which isn't right. Obviously, if we knew who zero bombed us, we'd go and start a fight with whoever it was and bomb their stuff and the AP would turn into one, big fucking riot.

yea

HouseMasta
HouseMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-23 13:02:28 Reply

At 6/23/08 07:00 AM, PaulStetich wrote: I must say though this whole controversy is really helping . . . I personally have been getting some more attention in my music, and I notice some of my peeps have been too. But still, tis annoying when you had a 4.39 score and some guy votes 0 on you every day til it reaches a 3.91.

stop bitching and get people to 5 you. sheesh, youve been doing nothing but complain in this thread and a lot of us are sick of hearing every detail. review to other people - ask for reviews, world will keep on spinnin'

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature
winKoneR
winKoneR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-23 19:04:27 Reply

At 6/23/08 12:34 PM, LiquidEvolution wrote:
At 6/23/08 11:27 AM, winKoneR wrote: to solve this problem, I would keep only the 0-10 review-voting and strike off the 0-5 anonyms voting... if would somebody zerovote you then, at least you would know who the fuck is that dumbshit dickheaded mothefucker...
By the way you're talking, we all know you're just gonna' go and bomb him right back which isn't right. Obviously, if we knew who zero bombed us, we'd go and start a fight with whoever it was and bomb their stuff and the AP would turn into one, big fucking riot.

you're wrong man... absolutely wrong... at first, the zerobombing will be reduced to 1% of the usual quantity by this.... because 99% of zerovoters are kids or idiots which will zerovote you just for fun... and they are cool, as long as theirs identity is unknown... 99% of zerovoters don't have balls to say "Hi, I am Terry and your music is shit" ... that's why 99% zerovoters aren't reviewing... they don't have balls to show who are they because then, they would have to say why are they being so gay... and reasons for zerovoting are gay at every case...

and I don't know why the fuck are you judging me, and telling me that you know what would I do, but be sure that I wouldn't zerovote him back to show that I'm the same idiot as him... the fucking reason of what I'm telling you is not to zerovote back and make some kind of stupid kid revenge ( OMG ), but the reason is that when I'm angry... I need to be angry at somebody...

when one of your neighborough piss on your house door, you will want to know who the fuck it was... but not in order to piss on his door too... you just want to know who it was, and you don't need a reason for it... you just want to know it... because when comes the time, and he will need help or something from you.. you can say "shut the fuck up you pissing idiot"

do you read what I mean by this ???

so next time you see me, don't judge me if you don't know me please

sculpted-cold
sculpted-cold
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-23 20:33:29 Reply

At 6/23/08 11:18 AM, PaulStetich wrote: Wasn't me I swear!!!!

Hmm . . . .XD

LIES.

EP2 out now! Download it for free :).

soundcloud | newgrounds

LiquidEvolution
LiquidEvolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-23 21:25:42 Reply

Alright, so you might not do it. Fair enough. Can you speak for the other thousands of people? No. Fact of the matter is. It will 'cause wars and more zero bombing threads. Sure, there might be less of it but people will still do it.

yea

winKoneR
winKoneR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-23 21:41:34 Reply

At 6/23/08 09:25 PM, LiquidEvolution wrote: Alright, so you might not do it. Fair enough. Can you speak for the other thousands of people? No. Fact of the matter is. It will 'cause wars and more zero bombing threads. Sure, there might be less of it but people will still do it.

okay then... so that means that one and only solution of this problem is OLD NGAP voting system... am I only one who liked that ?

HouseMasta
HouseMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-23 21:42:55 Reply

At 6/23/08 09:41 PM, winKoneR wrote: okay then... so that means that one and only solution of this problem is OLD NGAP voting system... am I only one who liked that ?

no, everyone else seems to as well. it just goes to show that the lack of attention in the AP means it cant be on the same rules set as the FP

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature
Father-of-Death
Father-of-Death
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-23 23:47:41 Reply

Have the listener have a time limit to listen to the song like 2/4's if its a song and if it's a loop than i don't know.

But having the voter listen to it for a little bit before he'she is able to vote would be cool. Just like the flash portal does it. (cept you have to wait for it to load.) w.e.

Just and idea. I think i saw someone say something like it allready.

LiquidEvolution
LiquidEvolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-24 00:12:58 Reply

At 6/23/08 11:47 PM, Father-of-Death wrote: Have the listener have a time limit to listen to the song like 2/4's if its a song and if it's a loop than i don't know.

But having the voter listen to it for a little bit before he'she is able to vote would be cool. Just like the flash portal does it. (cept you have to wait for it to load.) w.e.

Just and idea. I think i saw someone say something like it allready.

I'm sticking with my 'boxing glove comes out of your monitor and hits you when you zero bomb' idea.

yea

JohnnyFrizz
JohnnyFrizz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-24 00:41:19 Reply

At 6/24/08 12:12 AM, LiquidEvolution wrote: I'm sticking with my 'boxing glove comes out of your monitor and hits you when you zero bomb' idea.

Oh! And thats a great idea.....bah...

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-06-24 12:51:33 Reply

lol.. the greatest of minds cant figure out how to keep idiots at bay.. there is an irony there for sure.