Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 3rd, 2008 @ 09:13 AM Reply

At 8/3/08 06:43 AM, jrhager84 wrote:
At 8/3/08 04:16 AM, Kr1z wrote:
At 8/2/08 10:06 PM, jrhager84 wrote:
At 8/2/08 10:11 AM, Chronamut wrote:
bah - half you noobs prolly dont even know who he is.
Your superiority complex literally scares me.....

lol good for you.

Yeh same here :s

I mean, im writing music, and im posting it here.
Thats it, i dont know who coded this site...
like.. no one told me..but I guess I'm a noob :(

perhaps you should get to know the community a bit more then instead of hiding behind the "oh im a noob pardon my ignorance and unwillingness to learn about anything here" instead of whining.

Don't worry man, that guy fuckin' irks me hardcore.

whine whine whine.

His elitist attitude is what contributes to the crap that's on here... Apparently if you haven't wasted 10 years of your life on here, you're less than a human on here.......

interesting concept - but no. And believe me - I cant take all the credit for all the crap that's on here - your flaming of other members surely contributes to it as well. I don't recall calling YOU specifically a noob - yet you directly call me elitist - who's the asshole now?

Oh wise and omnipotent one, what do we do now? Please chrom, enlighten us with you uber-l337 ways of NG......*bows*

you read the fucking rules, perhaps read up on some of the history on newgrounds - or just ask general questions - we'd be glad to tell you things you know.

lol.. and for the record, anyone that takes things seriously on the internet - IS a noob - good job. If it makes you feel better - you can downrate all my songs :P

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
Kr1z
Kr1z
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 3rd, 2008 @ 04:37 PM Reply

"my ignorance and unwillingness to learn about anything here"

Honestly WTF?

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 3rd, 2008 @ 04:52 PM Reply

I think we should all just calm down a bit. There's no need to start a flame war here, we all know, n00b or not, that zerovoting is a problem.

I assume if we do enough effort to get to the attention of the admins, eventually there will come an 'audio portal evolution'. But by just keeping on fightin about the subject at the BBS, we aren't going to get any further. I think if you want your music to be appreciated you should just 'advertise it', let people know about your music. zero-bombing won't stop from itself, I'd say live with it for now, we all know the score isn't representative for the quality of the song, the review score is a little more.

And about the elitist and noob things... geez, guys, you're all (?) older than me, sure, chron's been here for longer, he may know more about the community.... and Kr1z isn't on as long as him, but that doesn't mean he's a noob (stupid word btw). Just communicate and respoect eachother, we're all humans, act like your age. (I know I'm the little kid here, trying to seem mature, whatever...)

but now, just relax and try to find a proper solution to the problem together, in a mature way.
If we've found a good solution, we can pm liljim about it, and maybe he'll take considerations.

now, sorry about any grammatical or spelling errors

Parkerman1700
Parkerman1700
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 3rd, 2008 @ 04:56 PM Reply

Someone with voting power of at least like 15 votes just gave every single thing that I've submitted a 0, and now all of my audio submissions are weighed down.

The only song that can become popular now is the new ones, and he'll find me anyway.

I'm really angry.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 3rd, 2008 @ 04:58 PM Reply

At 8/3/08 04:56 PM, Parkerman1700 wrote: Someone with voting power of at least like 15 votes just gave every single thing that I've submitted a 0, and now all of my audio submissions are weighed down.

The only song that can become popular now is the new ones, and he'll find me anyway.

I'm really angry.

This thread is not made to whine about that. sorry, but it's the truth.

one thing you did right: you didn't make a thread about it.

Parkerman1700
Parkerman1700
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 3rd, 2008 @ 05:01 PM Reply

Oh well.

LiquidEvolution
LiquidEvolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 3rd, 2008 @ 05:12 PM Reply

At 8/3/08 04:52 PM, MICHhimself wrote: I think if you want your music to be appreciated you should just 'advertise it', let people know about your music.

Whoring your music gets the attention of zero bombers. Not to mention, if everyone goes all out advertising their song, it'll just be like nails on a chalkboard. Much like all the zero bombing threads.
The only solution is: just deal with it.

yea

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 3rd, 2008 @ 05:22 PM Reply

At 8/3/08 05:12 PM, LiquidEvolution wrote:
At 8/3/08 04:52 PM, MICHhimself wrote: I think if you want your music to be appreciated you should just 'advertise it', let people know about your music.
Whoring your music gets the attention of zero bombers. Not to mention, if everyone goes all out advertising their song, it'll just be like nails on a chalkboard. Much like all the zero bombing threads.
The only solution is: just deal with it.

I ment advertising with peopl you know, not just in public, but yeah dealing with it will be the best for now.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 3rd, 2008 @ 06:56 PM Reply

ah MICH, being the young negotiator when us older guys get all hotheaded - sorry guys - ya ive been here forever - I do tend to get elitist at times. Its a grumpy veteran thing - most people with grumpy grandparents would understand :P

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!

BBS Signature
jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 3rd, 2008 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 8/3/08 06:56 PM, Chronamut wrote: ah MICH, being the young negotiator when us older guys get all hotheaded - sorry guys - ya ive been here forever - I do tend to get elitist at times. Its a grumpy veteran thing - most people with grumpy grandparents would understand :P

P.S. As much as you've irked me, I'd never give a downrated vote because of that. That's bullshit, and despite my perception of you, I've given your songs good scores, because they were good. I don't believe in downvoting for ANY reason other than the song sucking balls. Just my .02

It's just that we're not going to ask for the chronology of this site just so we don't ask noob questions. I mean, if we were to do that, we wouldn't be able to participate for the next 5 years! LOL

That being said, I'm completely willing to let bygones be bygones, and start anew? Fair enough? Truce?

Believe me, I don't hold grudges.....

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 3rd, 2008 @ 07:43 PM Reply

At 8/3/08 07:22 PM, jrhager84 wrote:
At 8/3/08 06:56 PM, Chronamut wrote: ah MICH, being the young negotiator when us older guys get all hotheaded - sorry guys - ya ive been here forever - I do tend to get elitist at times. Its a grumpy veteran thing - most people with grumpy grandparents would understand :P
P.S. As much as you've irked me, I'd never give a downrated vote because of that. That's bullshit, and despite my perception of you, I've given your songs good scores, because they were good. I don't believe in downvoting for ANY reason other than the song sucking balls. Just my .02

I do believ I was joking about that hahaha...

speaking of .02.. thats prolly more than your ratings would give my songs nowadays.. oh well.. thanks for the support - means a lot to me :)

and what about if the man sucks balls? :P
It's just that we're not going to ask for the chronology of this site just so we don't ask noob questions. I mean, if we were to do that, we wouldn't be able to participate for the next 5 years! LOL

aaactually... thats a BRILLIANT IDEA!

I shall make a thread detailing the chronology of newgrounds audio portal! You sir are a genius, and then when noobs come - we can put it in the sticky, and tell them to READ :P

I dont think tom ever made a history of the ap - and who better to do it than me - the man who has been here forever - along with everyone else who has been here forever :P

and hmm.. a 5 year no posting rule for noobs.. iiintereeesting.. :P

That being said, I'm completely willing to let bygones be bygones, and start anew? Fair enough? Truce?

Believe me, I don't hold grudges.....

sure - I had nothing against you to begin with - that is - if i can ever rememebr your damn username.. sexy pics would always help "seal the deal" :P

BBS Signature
jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 3rd, 2008 @ 09:18 PM Reply

"Sexy" and "me" aren't allowed in the same sentence LOL

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 3rd, 2008 @ 10:27 PM Reply

At 8/3/08 09:18 PM, jrhager84 wrote: "Sexy" and "me" aren't allowed in the same sentence LOL

hmm so much for that :P

BBS Signature
jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 4th, 2008 @ 12:07 AM Reply

LOL.......

BBS Signature
Suspended-3rd-Chord
Suspended-3rd-Chord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 4th, 2008 @ 02:44 AM Reply

At 8/4/08 12:07 AM, jrhager84 wrote: LOL.......

sure, Chronamut might be an elitist, but atleast he reads the thread unlike U NOOBY!!! :P

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 4th, 2008 @ 02:50 AM Reply

Yeah, I know, huh? I mean there was ONLY like 8,000 posts just made yesterday alone, let alone the 10 years it's been around. I have quite a bit of reading to do, don't I?

BBS Signature
Suspended-3rd-Chord
Suspended-3rd-Chord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 4th, 2008 @ 02:58 AM Reply

At 8/4/08 02:50 AM, jrhager84 wrote: Yeah, I know, huh? I mean there was ONLY like 8,000 posts just made yesterday alone, let alone the 10 years it's been around. I have quite a bit of reading to do, don't I?

1. My last post was meant to be sarcastic

2. No don't be obtuse, you just need to catch up on reading this thread. If you read the first couple pages, you would see that tieing in the voting score with the review score has already been suggested and shot down by the staff. if anything, quote them and point out faults in their reasoning.

3. anyways, no hard feelings dude.

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 4th, 2008 @ 03:43 AM Reply

At 8/4/08 02:58 AM, Suspended-3rd-Chord wrote:
At 8/4/08 02:50 AM, jrhager84 wrote: Yeah, I know, huh? I mean there was ONLY like 8,000 posts just made yesterday alone, let alone the 10 years it's been around. I have quite a bit of reading to do, don't I?
1. My last post was meant to be sarcastic

2. No don't be obtuse, you just need to catch up on reading this thread. If you read the first couple pages, you would see that tieing in the voting score with the review score has already been suggested and shot down by the staff. if anything, quote them and point out faults in their reasoning.

3. anyways, no hard feelings dude.

.......That's not even what I meant. I didn't mean to TIE them together... I meant you can't GIVE a 0 unless you write a review that helps them make it better. It didn't seem like anything like that had been suggested (at least not to my notion).

I was also joking when I said my last post. It's just a lot goes on here, and unless you've witnessed it first hand, it's pretty hard to go trudging through it all (these threads die and vaporize pretty quickly...

either way, you're right. No hard feelings.

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 4th, 2008 @ 08:54 AM Reply

At 8/4/08 02:58 AM, Suspended-3rd-Chord wrote:
.......That's not even what I meant. I didn't mean to TIE them together... I meant you can't GIVE a 0 unless you write a review that helps them make it better. It didn't seem like anything like that had been suggested (at least not to my notion).

it's been suggested many times already :)

I was also joking when I said my last post. It's just a lot goes on here, and unless you've witnessed it first hand, it's pretty hard to go trudging through it all (these threads die and vaporize pretty quickly...

thats why I am here :)

either way, you're right. No hard feelings.

forgeys for all!

damn you newgrounds saying most of the text in here has been quoted text..

lol just joking rucklo :P

BBS Signature
Fierra
Fierra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Audiophile
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 4th, 2008 @ 09:01 AM Reply

To be honest, 0-voting wouldn't be an issue if this place was run simply without voting.
It'd be a lot easier if this place used reviews from a larger scale (e.g. 1-100). Obviously, if you get something disgustingly low for a masterpiece, then you can report that review to the mods and it'll be discounted. Also, the larger scale is so people have more time to think. 10/10 is too easy to give, but 100? That's a lot harder to give a piece of music 100%, so a lot of tracks may get 96% or 94% depending on how good they are. Also, if there was a trend (e.g. 10 reviews, 9 of them at 80-90% and 1 at 10%) then the review that seemed odd would be discounted.
Also, we could keep a record of those who vote incredibly low (e.g. under 30%) and their accounts would be checked out past a certain number.
This way, it won't perfect the portal, but it'll make it a hell of a lot easier (And result in a lot more people reviewing!)

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 4th, 2008 @ 10:46 AM Reply

At 8/4/08 09:01 AM, DJBrixX wrote: suggestion that is suggested at least once a week.

Need I say more?

LURK MOAR!

BBS Signature
TheBardOfBlasphemy
TheBardOfBlasphemy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 4th, 2008 @ 10:54 AM Reply

At 8/4/08 10:46 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/4/08 09:01 AM, DJBrixX wrote: suggestion that is suggested at least once a week.
Need I say more?

LURK MOAR!

lol, yeah, but at least it was a suggestion that was suggested at least once a week in this thread rather than being a new topic posted with the title "hey I've got a great idea to fix the AP!"

Seriously though... the AP fix thread and this one are so huge now... who on earth could be arsed reading through the repetition? The Audio Forum almost needs a new "sticky" thread at the top saying "New users... also read this first" with a concise summary of all the main ideas that have been suggested to avoid even more repetition.

Having said that, some people just like to say their piece. I mean, the suggestion I just suggested is also most probably suggested at least once a week!

aaaah! too many suggestions!

Latest audio: Chicken Humpin' - Funny and retarded. No Sympathy for a Liar - You reap what you sow in Bard's vocalised version of Deathcalypse's supreme heavy metal.

BBS Signature
DJGameFreakTheIguana
DJGameFreakTheIguana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 5th, 2008 @ 06:34 PM Reply

The 1 vote idea iz cool but I stoped caring a while back, I'll just hit the ad thread when I drop some new shit every now and then

PaulStetich
PaulStetich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 6th, 2008 @ 04:26 AM Reply

Here's a good idea . . .

STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT.

I learned that the hard way.

Oh, oh no. You guys gonna flame me now? You gonna yell at me telling me to get off the stage?

Emo forum is more like it.

LiquidEvolution
LiquidEvolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 6th, 2008 @ 07:39 AM Reply

At 8/6/08 04:26 AM, PaulStetich wrote: Here's a good idea . . .

STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT.

Oh, oh no. You guys gonna flame me now? You gonna yell at me telling me to get off the stage?

Yet, you're still bitching? And, you're the one flaming us: "Emo forum". I'm going to put this in the most forward and honest way I can. Sit down and have a nice, warm cup of shut the fuck up. I'm not trying to make you more aggrivated than you already are but, you could have just said "Stop bitching, please" without the added "Look at me, I'm an attention seeker" shit at the bottom there.

yea

Satoris
Satoris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 6th, 2008 @ 09:02 AM Reply

At 8/6/08 07:39 AM, LiquidEvolution wrote:

:Sit down and have a nice, warm cup of shut the fuck up. I'm not trying to make you more aggrivated than you already are but, you could have just said "Stop bitching, please" without the added "Look at me, I'm an attention seeker" shit at the bottom there.

Quoted for Troof. I got zero bombed yesterday but...I'm not saying anything about it.

Taste me you will see, more is all you need.
Portfolio

PaulStetich
PaulStetich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 6th, 2008 @ 09:14 AM Reply

At 8/6/08 07:39 AM, LiquidEvolution wrote:
At 8/6/08 04:26 AM, PaulStetich wrote: Here's a good idea . . .

STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT.

Yet, you're still bitching? And, you're the one flaming us: "Emo forum". I'm going to put this in the most forward and honest way I can. Sit down and have a nice, warm cup of shut the fuck up. I'm not trying to make you more aggrivated than you already are but, you could have just said "Stop bitching, please" without the added "Look at me, I'm an attention seeker" shit at the bottom there.

I could . . . yur right I could have jsut said stop bitching about it . . . but you know what? I like to have fun with it. Besides with all the shit you guys always give me all these years, why should I end it there?

If theres anything you guys taught me its that the audio forum is the survival of the fittest forum. The best way to be the fittest is to pwn the guys like Mr Whiny Face person who got 0-bombed and complains about it. That used to be me.

That USED to be me.

And now, now I'm a fun loving person who hates the audio forum. Why do I post here then?

Boredom. It's all the game of boredom. Like chess, you have to play your pieces just right. Haters haters haters thats all I get, but not anymore are they really haters? Or just jealous ppl who have no life outside newgrounds?

Puh-thetic!!!

Or maybe I've lost my sanity!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO KNOWS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Batman!!!!! Look at me, haunting the ppl in the night! THe joker is my friend, and J Jonah Jamison is Brokeback Billy in disguise!!!!!!

Satoris
Satoris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 6th, 2008 @ 09:16 AM Reply

You are a genuine idiot aren't you?

Taste me you will see, more is all you need.
Portfolio

PaulStetich
PaulStetich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 6th, 2008 @ 09:18 AM Reply

At 8/6/08 09:16 AM, Satoris wrote: You are a genuine idiot aren't you?

YES I AM!!!!!!

LiquidEvolution
LiquidEvolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 6th, 2008 @ 10:44 AM Reply

At 8/6/08 09:14 AM, PaulStetich wrote: I could . . . yur right I could have jsut said stop bitching about it . . . but you know what? I like to have fun with it. Besides with all the shit you guys always give me all these years, why should I end it there?

If theres anything you guys taught me its that the audio forum is the survival of the fittest forum. The best way to be the fittest is to pwn the guys like Mr Whiny Face person who got 0-bombed and complains about it. That used to be me.

That USED to be me.

And now, now I'm a fun loving person who hates the audio forum. Why do I post here then?

Boredom. It's all the game of boredom. Like chess, you have to play your pieces just right. Haters haters haters thats all I get, but not anymore are they really haters? Or just jealous ppl who have no life outside newgrounds?

Used to be? You're still whining. Except now, you're having a tantrum about us telling you, you're an idiot for complaing about zero bombers (Considering you still bitch about zero bombers after 3 years of being a part of NG). Here's a hint. Stop the attention seeking. Really, people are just going to call you an idiot twice as much if you say "I hate the AF, you guys give me shit" Bitch, whine, bitch. You know why people give you shit? It's because, frankly. People have heard enough about zero bombers and your "zero terrorist" shit doesn't add to the matter. Make music for the sake of being creative, not gathering attention and if someone zero bombs you. Deal with it and stop being such a cry baby.

yea