00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4510mike just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

God's not real and religion is fake

62,290 Views | 314 Replies

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 19:31:28

I figure that anyone with half a brain has already thought this out, whatever they happen to believe.
I'm kinda tired of these threads.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 19:32:02

At 9/17/07 07:30 PM, Infinite-one wrote:
At 9/17/07 07:09 PM, LightandDark wrote: what about Buddhism? the only religion (as i know of) that doesn't have a god to worship?
It's not so much a "religion", but a way of life.

Good point, then are there any religion that doesn't have a god, or do all religons require a god(s)?

As you can tell by the snow, I'm Canadian. Battlefield Bad Company 2 Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 19:32:16

I was expecting stupid, incoherent gibberish.

But that actually made sense.
It's true...
Wow... I'm actually impressed with something someone else had to say.
Congratulations, I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 19:32:34

....cookie havent you realised that every single story you just told about has a message in all of it? You just gotta look closer.

Btw god started that flood because people were commiting crimes against his name.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 19:32:46

At 9/17/07 07:14 PM, Valhalla wrote: If creationists only believe the universe is a couple thousand years old. how can we see stars millions of lightyears away if if took the light millions of years to get here?

A passage in the Bible says (paraphrasing here) "A million years is as a blink in God's eyes."

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 19:34:23

At 9/17/07 07:32 PM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Btw god started that flood because people were commiting crimes against his name.

WTF are we doing right now buddy?

I see no floods!

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 19:37:43

I like how he made one post and sat back. Kind of funny.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 19:38:15

We know this already its called atheism

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 19:39:55

At 9/17/07 07:32 PM, StrawberryPieClock wrote: A passage in the Bible says (paraphrasing here) "A million years is as a blink in God's eyes."

That isn't actually an answer, friend.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 19:46:18

Godamnit, every so often, a dumbass like this comes along thinking he can dispove us and god. well I gaurentee i can disptove half of those.

At 9/17/07 07:06 PM, Name-Goes-Here wrote: Religion is one of the most phony, yet interesting, human topics ever. Here are 6 things that prove that God does not exist and that every religion is wrong (in the last reason).

1. If God is supposed to protect us from evil and is supposedly omnipotent (everywhere at any given time) and omnibenevolent (the ultimate in good), why doesn't he save us from the present evil already?!

The evil on the earth is our own doing, so it's a burden we need to undertake, and solve ourselves.

2. If God already knows the future and created us in his image, then humanity is destined to know everything He knows and we will not have the true free will we have. An example is this very post. I don't know if I will get lots of hate from religious nuts or not so I'm posting this to see the reaction. If I knew what the reaction would be, like "God", I wouldn't be writing this.

Thats just stupid, you must know who Adam and Eve are, if not read the first 5 pages of the bible, Adam and Eve ruined it for all of us... assholes... and besides, in his "image" not his mind.

3. If God is omnipotent and not everyone believes in Him, He would do a better job gathering believers.

It's called free will stupid

4. Why would a supernatural being create a universe? Because He was bored to death? He can't desire it because the concept of desire is subjectively human.

Oh my god, that doesn't prove anything about what the whole main idea is here, he lives forever stupid, and know one knows why, why don't you ask satan when you die.

5. Ma and Pa told me that God meant to make us imperfect. Why the hell would God make us imperfect if He, according to the Bible, expects so much from us as individuals. They never gave me a straightforward answer, or even a relevant one.

He "meant" to make us perfect, don't you pay attention to detail? but like I said Adam and Eve ruined it for everyone. Because NO ONE KNOWS!

6. Religion is very inconsistent about the idea of God and what He wants from us (if God can even feel desire). So that also proves, not only the non-existence of God, but the inaccuracy and incorrectness of many, if not all, religions.

It's the luck of the draw bub, pick one religion, if it's right you'll go to heaven, but most religions do, just follow the 10 commendments, have a good religion, nothing like buhdist or anything, then you got your ticket into heaven.

Now I would love to stick around and watch the discussion unfold, but I have a Rush concert to catch in an hour. See ya. I respond to your comments later.

Suuurrrrre, or are ya just to scared to answer them? probably logged out and reading from there...

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 19:46:19

lawl

Oh. Gooby.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 19:50:16

At 9/17/07 07:34 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote:
At 9/17/07 07:32 PM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Btw god started that flood because people were commiting crimes against his name.
WTF are we doing right now buddy?

I see no floods!

Because it's regulated, the are people commiting crimes, but there are also people doing the right thing, just like Noah.

God wanted to go on a fresh start, but he didn't he chose Noah to repopulate the earth, because He was the only one who was Pure.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 19:50:49

satanist.......anyways satanism doesnt believe in god so there another religion that he didnt do anything about

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 19:51:02

At 9/17/07 07:39 PM, Vousielle wrote:
At 9/17/07 07:32 PM, StrawberryPieClock wrote: A passage in the Bible says (paraphrasing here) "A million years is as a blink in God's eyes."
That isn't actually an answer, friend.

I know the answer all religious questions "Shut up and read something proven." If it said "Have sex with your dad" in the bible, would you do it? Nothing backs up the bible, besides all the elaborate churches and believers, christianity has no balls. God hasn't done shit since science and communication evolved to debunk all the tall tales people try to pass off as a miracles. The bible is toilet paper with words on it.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 19:51:35

I worship the Pizza pizza pie!!!

Every second by and by...

Pepperoni, green peppers, mushrooms olives chives!

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 20:10:44

At 9/17/07 07:30 PM, Infinite-one wrote:
At 9/17/07 07:09 PM, LightandDark wrote: what about Buddhism? the only religion (as i know of) that doesn't have a god to worship?
It's not so much a "religion", but a way of life.

It is a religion. If you have ever read anything about its history or beliefs, then you would know that. The buddhist way of life is meant to eliminate dukkha from your being and achieve nirvana.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 20:14:44

At 9/17/07 07:46 PM, killa9512 wrote: It's the luck of the draw bub, pick one religion, if it's right you'll go to heaven, but most religions do, just follow the 10 commendments, have a good religion, nothing like buhdist or anything, then you got your ticket into heaven.

Kind of unfortunate for everyone born in Aztec times then eh, an eternity of Hell for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I would respond to all your other logical fallacies and circular reasoning, but I cba.

It is worth pointing out that God could've made Adam and Eve with both free will and the common sense not to commit sins and to follow his path. God is all powerful and his design must have been flawed if he made a perfect human that does imperfect actions.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 20:21:31

You`ve been brainwashed... it`s really funny, because all it takes to brainwash a normal, mentally healthy human being is 48 hours if not less.

Really, will all the knowledge I`ve gained thanks to psychology I can take any one of you, and within 48 hours make you believe and trust with real power that ants want to kill us.

You will believe that so hard that nobody could talk you out of it... only another guy who would brainwash you :3

So Earfetish, you should know that there is no point in talking to people who have been hypnotized the same shit all over again.

It`s sad... but I`ve learned to enjoy feeling mentally superior to all of them :3

<3

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 20:26:11

The flying spaghetti monster frowns apon your foolishness.

God's not real and religion is fake

I hope everybody had a real, real good time.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 20:30:00

At 9/17/07 08:21 PM, NeoSoviet wrote: So Earfetish, you should know that there is no point in talking to people who have been hypnotized the same shit all over again.

Indeed. I always hold out that one day I'll write something and someone will go 'aha, actually that's a good point', or perhaps still argue back but consider my points later on and reconsider their beliefs. I've tried many, many angles, and it's never worked, but it does make me more and more confident in my beliefs.

Deism is the only sensible religious belief I think, and even that's got the bloody afterlife.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 20:32:31

Your ignorance and lack of knowladge about the actual beliefs of the religion you are trying to bash amazes me. You're basing your judgements on stereotipical things you hear.

you lose

tomspulp

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 20:33:00

At 9/17/07 07:46 PM, killa9512 wrote: It's the luck of the draw bub, pick one religion, if it's right you'll go to heaven, but most religions do, just follow the 10 commendments, have a good religion, nothing like buhdist or anything, then you got your ticket into heaven.

I may be a christian but I do not believe this, I believe if a person is good no matter what their religion or even if they are athiest they will go to heaven.

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 20:37:40

If you don't believe in God then why should God believe in you?

/shrug

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 20:40:10

At 9/17/07 08:37 PM, Vercades wrote: If you don't believe in God then why should God believe in you?

/shrug

If why should god believe in god? how does he know he wasn't made by a higher being? if he knows he's eternal and all knowing he's pretty fucking ignorant.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 20:40:13

Personally, I think the only logical 'path' is agnosticism, though I am not one myself. Yeah it's wish-washy, but to claim an absolute truth such as religion, or atheism, is bit unfounded.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 20:42:23

At 9/17/07 08:40 PM, Valhalla wrote:
At 9/17/07 08:37 PM, Vercades wrote: If you don't believe in God then why should God believe in you?

/shrug
If why should god believe in god? how does he know he wasn't made by a higher being? if he knows he's eternal and all knowing he's pretty fucking ignorant.

You missed the point.
<blockquote>but it's ok.</blockquote>

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 20:42:34

amen

lol 1 word resposes pwn

none

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 20:46:07

At 9/17/07 08:42 PM, pinkfuzzyman wrote: amen

lol 1 word resposes pwn

No, that was just stupid.

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 20:49:35

I still believe totally 100% God is real.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-17 20:53:55

1. If God is supposed to protect us from evil and is supposedly omnipotent (everywhere at any given time) and omnibenevolent (the ultimate in good), why doesn't he save us from the present evil already?!

It would conflict with out freewill.

2. If God already knows the future and created us in his image, then humanity is destined to know everything He knows and we will not have the true free will we have. An example is this very post. I don't know if I will get lots of hate from religious nuts or not so I'm posting this to see the reaction. If I knew what the reaction would be, like "God", I wouldn't be writing this.

Knowing isn't doing. He didn't make the future, He just knows of it.

3. If God is omnipotent and not everyone believes in Him, He would do a better job gathering believers.

It's a test of faith.

4. Why would a supernatural being create a universe? Because He was bored to death? He can't desire it because the concept of desire is subjectively human.

Can God even have motives? You seem to know very little about Him.

5. Ma and Pa told me that God meant to make us imperfect. Why the hell would God make us imperfect if He, according to the Bible, expects so much from us as individuals. They never gave me a straightforward answer, or even a relevant one.

Can't judge people if everyone is perfect.

6. Religion is very inconsistent about the idea of God and what He wants from us (if God can even feel desire). So that also proves, not only the non-existence of God, but the inaccuracy and incorrectness of many, if not all, religions.

How so? You're not explaining yourself at all. Where's your facts, man? You sound like a bratty teen trying to rebel against the ultimate authority.

Your questions were terrible. Really. This is one of the worst "OMG RELIGION IS BULLSHIT" topics I've seen in a while.

I AGREE WITH NAME-GOES-HERE WROTE 100%

YOU ArE AWSOMe

Oh really...