00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Remfy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks

3,084 Views | 22 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello and welcome to the Newgrounds Bad Company 2 Barracks! This is the place to discuss and talk about the game, organise meetups and everything else in between.

As I'm doing this mainly as a lounge I won't be bothering with a ranking system or a roster. I did it with Killzone 2 for ages and to be honest it's a pain to do.

If you want to join, just post here with your PlayStation Network ID or Xbox Live gamertag. Unfortunately I don't know how playing the game online with a PC works. I'm a PS3 player so I'll need leaders to look after the Xbox and PC players.

Naturally the usual BBS rules apply. I don't want any fighting in here. You'll be kindly asked to leave if you make trouble.

Useful links

Official blog can be found here.

Official website can be found here here.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-03-06 10:51:44

GT:Chiklay5

I don't think I can stop playing this game I mean it's just too exciting

Asdf

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-03-06 10:54:23

At 3/6/10 10:51 AM, Chiklay4 wrote: GT:Chiklay5

I don't think I can stop playing this game I mean it's just too exciting

I know what you mean, it's hard to put down once you get into it.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-03-06 11:08:38

Meh, loved the first one on Xbox 360. Will probably pick it up for the PC at some point.

Can I ask one thing, though? Can you still run around with a power drill and stab people in the face?

Best part of the first game, imo.

This looks froody.

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-03-06 11:15:06

At 3/6/10 11:08 AM, XIII13 wrote

Can I ask one thing, though? Can you still run around with a power drill and stab people in the face?

That is actually an achievement. One question though, how the hell do you parachute? That way I could actually survive a heli crash.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-03-06 11:46:16

At 3/6/10 11:15 AM, animehater wrote: At 3/6/10 11:08 AM, XIII13 wrote
That is actually an achievement. One question though, how the hell do you parachute? That way I could actually survive a heli crash.

probably "X" for ps3 and "A" for 360

Asdf

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-03-06 19:05:10

Why don't we just keep using the Bad Company 2 thread?

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-03-07 12:28:30

At 3/6/10 07:05 PM, Fezz wrote: Why don't we just keep using the Bad Company 2 thread?

I agree.

Anyway, I plan to pick this up next weekend, Steam is SgtKilmor if anyone wants to play.

I loved the beta.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-03-07 12:52:21

I need to buy this game.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-03-10 17:26:23

Hello, PC player of BC2 here.

And as to how PC playing works, here's the condensed version.

Join a game by two ways: Server browsers or using the Play Now and it'll pick a decent server for you along with a mode you pick and/or map you want to play on, haven't gotten a "My ping's how high!?" server from that feature yet.

You can add friends by clicking tab and by clicking a button next to them, add as friend. Presuming they accept, you can always check if they online by using the friends tab in the menu screens, and if the server they are in has room, you can join them.

As you can tell by the snow, I'm Canadian. Battlefield Bad Company 2 Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-03-10 20:02:44

Somebody gives me the game, ill be glad to join.

Fuck me and my poorness.

Steam: Kman

Sig by YenMuffin

"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-03-11 09:11:32

How the hell do you fire the machine guns on a UAV?

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-03-11 16:36:35

At 3/11/10 09:11 AM, animehater wrote: How the hell do you fire the machine guns on a UAV?

You need to unlock the Vehicle Alternate Fire specialization first, then when you're flying a UAV or any other vehicle, I believe you right click, you think I would know, having the Limited Edition and all (Thank you EB gamers for being generous since I didn't even know there was a limited edition, and even giving me the pre-order bonus even though I forgot to pre order the game), but I haven't found that specialization in my list of usable specializations.

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-03-13 21:42:33

Sorry for the double post but forgot to post name for any PC player that wants to friend me, it's LightandDark.

So, what are your guys most favourite and least favourite game modes?

My most favourite is the Rush mode, if only because usually your team's only split into two, and everybody's assaulting the same places, so you don't have to worry about people wandering off to capture some point on the other side of the map. Plus if a person or two is not cooperating that well, its still possible to achieve your objectives without them.

Though one should be careful of Destruction 2.0 if they're defending, I accidentally brought down the building containing our other M-Com since the other was destroyed, the debris destroyed it, and we had to fall back to the next set of M-Coms.

My least favourite is Squad Deathmatch, I feel that the "Squads" are too small, and I dislike having more than one team attempting to kill me, since thanks to the aforementioned smallness of the sizes, if the team isn't working well, it can be quite easy to be all wiped out. Of course if the team's working well, I don't mind it as much.

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-03-16 00:36:56

Xbox Live Gamertag: Raised By Goats.

Stats:

Total Score: 431,871

Kills: 2041
Deaths: 1674
K / D: 1.22

Time Played: 1d 5h
Games 139
Wins / Losses: 74 / 65

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-03-16 17:25:11

Add me on XBL. GT - nal1200

I'm level 11 and play with my friend Matt. I generally play Assault and Engineer.

We would like to get a 4 man squad to play some games with, both rush and conquest, both normal and HC.

Hit me up on XBL.

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-06-26 21:43:10

I know more people play this game than what have posted here. This game blows COD away, at least until Black Ops comes out. This thread should have way more than 15 posts. I'm on XBL. Anyone a little more recently get into this game?

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-07-14 14:37:00

What? How does this thread have so few posts? We must restart the Bad Company 2 Barracks and get some discussion going here. Personally, I got Bad Company 2 when it released in the UK for £40. It was one of two games I ever pre-ordered, alongside Forza Motorsport 3. Admittedly I did not pre-order it myself, as one of my friends offered to do it in order to help me get the Limited Edition, which was pretty awesome of him.

I play Bad Company 2 online a lot, and I've made it to Rank 26 or something. I'd go further, but I have no motivation at the moment with no unlocks, though I still want to hit Rank 50. I don't have a normal class, though I'm a pretty bad sniper, meaning it's probably my least used class. I suppose at the moment I'm playing more as an Assault class, as it has two weapons I want to get Platinum stars with: the AEK-971 Vintovka, and the F2000. The first class I maxed out was the Engineer, because it meant I was able to repair vehicles and avoid being in the frontlines, at least until I learned the ropes of the game. Although at the same time, it meant I wasn't playing as slow-paced as a Recon character. When playing as a Medic, I normally use the PKM or M249 SAW, as they're the two LMGs I like the best in the game. As expected though, I loved the M60 in its overpowered phase... until someone else used it, in which case they were an asshole. I'm not too fond of sniping full stop, unless I'm doing it with a rifle I like, such as the SV-98. However, too much time spent playing Modern Warfare 2 recently means I can't gauge bullet drop as well as I could, and that I'm also unfamiliar with the 'chevron' based scope.

Well, in order to try and reboot discussions here, I'm going to try and start some stuff to discuss here, in the form of questions or something. Eh... I don't know if it'll work, but I suppose if I can get another person to post in this thread it'll remain relatively popular, and then we'll be able to attract more BC2 players... or something like that, anyway. Now, here's some stuff we could discuss I guess:

AN-94 Akaban vs M16A2
I don't use either of these weapons much myself, but I notice that the M16A2 has grown more popular since people have gotten further through the Assault class' weapon tree. Of the two, I like the AN-94 better, though the M16A2 seems to be better suited to longer range matches. I'm not fond of the iron sights on either weapon, but I find the M16A2's to be easier to use. Sometimes I use it only with its irons as opposed to a Red Dot or ACOG. With the AN-94 I almost always use the Red Dot Sight, due to the fact the irons are pretty restrictive, and they're squared, which is unusual to me.

Engineer: Red Dot Sight or ACOG Scope?
This is something I've wondered about since I started playing Bad Company 2 online, and even now I still question the logic that drives it. When you're killed by an Engineer, have you ever noticed a lot of them seem to use the ACOG Scope on their SMG? I can't see a reason to that personally, because their weapons are designed for closer range shootings, and they're putting a scope on to aid them at longer ranges, which I feel makes it harder to work effectively in the closer ranges, seeing as it blocks up part of the screen which could be invaluable if you're trying to spot someone. I stole someone's 9A-91 Avtomat SMG when I needed to reload my assault rifle in order to kill a second enemy who had popped up, and the thing had an ACOG on it - why do people prefer that, anyway? If you use it, do explain as to your reasoning, because I honestly think the RDS is much more useful to the sub-machine guns. Especially stuff like the SCAR-L and Uzi, or PP2000. In other words, guns with extremely restrictive sights.

GOL vs M24
Which of these two bolt-action sniper rifles do you prefer in the game? I like the GOL better, although it is actually disadvantaged. The M24 scope is apparently superior, due to the mil-dots meaning you can easily work out your bullet drop on them. The GOL does not have any mil-dots, or even the chevrons (like those that appear on the SVU, VSS Vintorez, Type 88, and SV-98). The accuracy argument people use for the GOL is also skewed seeing as the rifles all put their shots exactly where they're placed, except for the bullet drop factoring in. Additionally, the GOL has a longer bolt cycle than the M24, meaning that it doesn't even fire as fast. For these reasons, the GOL is disadvantaged by a massive margin to the M24. Oddly enough though, I prefer it. I don't know why, but due to the fact I snipe strangely in the game the lack of mil-dots doesn't bother me in the slightest. The slower firing rate is a problem, but it's not that often you get into an intense sniper battle with someone, where fire rate will factor into the situation.

So, three mini-topics for those of you in the lounge.... let's get this discussion (re)started!

I'm on Last.fm!

Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-09-02 02:31:02

At 7/14/10 02:37 PM, Sierra wrote: Which of these two bolt-action sniper rifles do you prefer in the game? I like the GOL better, although it is actually disadvantaged. The M24 scope is apparently superior, due to the mil-dots meaning you can easily work out your bullet drop on them. The GOL does not have any mil-dots, or even the chevrons (like those that appear on the SVU, VSS Vintorez, Type 88, and SV-98). The accuracy argument people use for the GOL is also skewed seeing as the rifles all put their shots exactly where they're placed, except for the bullet drop factoring in. Additionally, the GOL has a longer bolt cycle than the M24, meaning that it doesn't even fire as fast. For these reasons, the GOL is disadvantaged by a massive margin to the M24. Oddly enough though, I prefer it. I don't know why, but due to the fact I snipe strangely in the game the lack of mil-dots doesn't bother me in the slightest. The slower firing rate is a problem, but it's not that often you get into an intense sniper battle with someone, where fire rate will factor into the situation.

So, three mini-topics for those of you in the lounge.... let's get this discussion (re)started!

I prefer the GOL and most people do not realise this; IT IS STABLE. With every other sniper, your scope wavers a bit, but the GOL stays perfectly still. I'm pretty sure that is one of the reasons why the accuracy is the highest. However, I'm not a big fan of sniping, so my build (recon):

GOL
M1911 pistol
C4

Red Dot (that's right, close range shotgun with red dot = sweet chilli sauce)
Magnum or spot, although I use magnum more to ensure kills (with my pistol for example)
Any vehicle spec, I don't use vehicles much.

Also, I love this game so much it's so addicting. My username on BFBC2 is 'Gangue', feel free to add me ^^. I love teamwork and I can work well with every class.

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-09-02 08:45:20

ID: JoeNG1

I Don't know my kdr and my wins/losses and i don't really care. I play on Assault and Engineer with the shotgun.

Zombie Crew.

Steam ID: Condor .'.'.'. PSN ID: JoeNG1

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-09-02 19:16:57

I would love to sign up! GT, //Armouredgriff0n

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-09-02 19:35:24

At 3/16/10 12:36 AM, Makeshift wrote: Xbox Live Gamertag: Raised By Goats.

Stats:

Total Score: 431,871

Kills: 2041
Deaths: 1674
K / D: 1.22

Time Played: 1d 5h
Games 139
Wins / Losses: 74 / 65

I was so good at this game... then I let my brother borrow it for a couple weeks, and when I got it back everyone was a higher rank than me. I went from being in the top 10,000 at one point to 200,000... I felt so sad. So I tried a game and realized everyone playing were terrible to play with.

RIP Bad Company 2 - March 3 - April ???

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Barracks 2010-09-02 19:44:16

I've been screwing my K/D down the pothole recently. I started off going steadily climbing 2.1, but recently I went abit mental and jumped down to 1.18 abouts.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature