00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

hyperheartcom just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

God's not real and religion is fake

62,240 Views | 314 Replies

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-28 18:23:09

People can believe what they want to believe

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-28 18:23:50

This thread is the shit!

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 04:37:21

I'll bump this with my opinion.
He doesn't save us, because he gave us free will. Terrorists are using that free will to kill others, for an example, you see?
He doesn't stop people using free will, but they will be judged on death.

Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 05:03:12

Free will is one of the fundemental issues for atheists, and something used in alot of debates mostly by atheists. Alot of questions regarding it, I feel we christians can't really answer. I think free will is a very deep and abstract subject.
But yeah basically, god created us, and he didn't want to control our every move, he wanted us to decide for ourselves. And what I mean with free will being a very tricky subject is, that apparently... god created us with a free will that wanted to choose to do the wrong thing sometimes. When Eve took the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, this was shown. This is just something you'd have to accept if you choose to be a christian. I've been wondering what free will essentiall is, because it is somehow a mixture of good and evil. But yeah, let's move on...
As for all evil in the world, from that point with what Eve did, it was from that point where all bad things happened. It started with Adam and Eve being forced out of Garden of Eden, into the world we live in today, a world that is far from perfect.
meh, it's always tricky to discuss religion...

Play my epic RPG - The Awakening - and your life will change forever!

... but I'm legally obligated not to say that.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 05:10:28

Who bumped this shit.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 05:53:26

:6. Religion is very inconsistent about the idea of God and what He wants from us (if God can even feel desire). So that also proves, not only the non-existence of God, but the inaccuracy and incorrectness of many, if not all, religions.

You Suck.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 05:54:50

This thread should have fucking died a long time ago. Every argument here is complete shit.

I agree.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 05:58:31

This thread is very insalting i'm leaving yall non-beleving muther fuckers

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 06:02:49

At 9/17/07 07:06 PM, Name-Goes-Here wrote:
Religion is one of the most phony, yet interesting, human topics ever.

n00b ur gotz les pozt tehn mi u adn ur a hihger lvl n00b

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 06:39:14

At 3/31/08 06:02 AM, Michaelas10 wrote: A casual argument with a Christian:

"Your God is as real as any other God"
"But there's evidence that shows he's the true one, like the Bible"
"The Bible goes against science, and nothing we see indicates his existence"
"But it's a test of faith. God wouldn't show evidence through science"
"Your God is as real as any other God"
etc. etc.

It's pointless you guys.

Explaining they believe this and that, just because it sais so in the bible is the worst argument ever. Intelligent design is an interesting topic, and one that I feel is much better to debate with, regarding christianity.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 06:42:11

I have had the argument "If god exsisted tehn why make suffering and why do we have teeorists and stuff" (NOTE: quote from youtube). The MASSIVE flaw in this arugument is that it is not God that gives us these things, it is us that gives us these things. WE are the ones that screwed up big time. Now while this seems like a very depressing thought but there is hope. This hope is what I believe seperates Christianity from other religions. It's the idea that YES we did screw up, but we are sorry. When was the last time you heard a religion say that?

The reason for all the bad things in the world is due to free will. Some will say "But that means God made a mistake". No it means that we made a mistake. The reason we were given free will was so that when God loved us we could love Him back. Imagine if you had a robot for a girlfriend/boyfriend? I would end up a pretty stale and perverted relationship. Love is about knowing you are seen as special by others. I hope I have answered some questions because when I was told this it sure did for me.

Point 2: People are looking at the Bible as 100% fact. Thats why the only argument against Christianity is in the Bible. Funny that? People do their only research in the Bible and not in the values of Christianity. Not many people know that knights used to be assholes who went around killing poeple who were under them. However a priest held a meeting and made the agreement of Chivalry. Chivalry was based on Christianity.

Now I am going to admit alot of Christians have made big mistakes, but... HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT DISPROVE GOD?!?!?! Not one bit of thought went into these arguments. It seems that as soon as an idiot comes up with ANY argument they post it to the world and think they will get recognition. Untill about 20 - 50 Christians telling them to sit down and think. 50 years later its getting annoying.

Another thing, I personally disregard the old testament. It was written for the Jewish religion and I find doesn't have much relevance for me. Also alot of the things in the OT were writting (I believe) for the Jews at the time to have an understanding of things (Especially Genesis). You'll be amazed how many Christians are willing to accept the idea of Evolution. Who's to say those 7 days weren't actually millions of years?

Those people who are undecided, I applaud you, I was brought up Catholic, had a serious look at it and changed to Protestant. To those who come up with the most retarded arguments for "Why God doesn't exist" to need really think about what they are saying. You say it with arrogance and rush to it too quickly.

P.S. Yeh uh... sorry for bumping it I just love a good argument :D

I had a home secure and dank, 'Til salt got flushed down the septic tank

Now I'll no longer make romance, But you can still get in my pants.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 06:58:11

The problem with intelligent design is that it is a teleological tought. The theory comes from the clockwork theory. Meaning, if I saw a clock in the desert, I would know it is made, same with humans. This is the reasoning first made behind the intelligent design theory.

The problem is that you just assume this. I might not be. There is no proof. If anyone can prove to me in a 100% foulproof logical way that God exists, then I will believe. I'm not saying that we can disprove the existance of a god, but neither can we disprove that we live in a matrix-like world...

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 06:59:33

Of course I meant "It might not be".

for the people who don't know what teleological thinking means, it's using your final point as crucial iin your logical thinking, which of course makes the effort obsolete.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 07:02:16

Hmmm....

God's not real and religion is fake

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 07:08:37

Atheism says that there was the Big Bang. There was only matter, no energy as we know it. Therefor it was incredibly small. Slowly but surely it expanded, turning matter into energy. Suns were created, died, planets ditto, and through ages and ages of evolution and changes humans were created.

Theists assume that there was one thingamawatta, better known as God, who is perfect, but still decided to make imperfect humans, and he did it like this. Pow! - earth, padoom!-day, etc... oh, and of course fossils are made up, and C-dating doesn't work because the devil made it all up. And we know this all because some book says it, Harry Potter... oh no that's something else.

Makes you wonder.

I have every respect for people who believe in a god, but not for creationists.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 07:09:53

At 3/31/08 07:02 AM, Omega-Epsilon wrote: Hmmm....

lol'd.
I see your point Morridir. Yeah we can't fully prove anything really... In all honesty. Nothing shows 100% for the most critical person, that there is a god. But there is some proof I think. To fully understand Intelligent Design, you should first learn about it, and what it claims to prove. Alot of people only know the bare basics of it. I know a cool site, but it's only in swedish...

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 07:18:08

Does the site use logical tought? I mean, is the complete thing made so we cannot change God in magical blue dwarves and so on? If it is, could you give a summary of the tought? As long as it's interesting and the reasoning is correct, it's always a pleasure to hear people defend their fate. A decent discussion always teaches something to both parties.

The only thing I really don't like is when people ignore everything you just said because they know it would mean they are wrong or if they say 'it has to be because' and the they use something that could have a thousand other explanations.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 07:19:41

I agree but im am sceptical on some of your thoughts.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 07:21:55

At 3/31/08 05:58 AM, JupiterNoob wrote: This thread is very insalting i'm leaving yall non-beleving muther fuckers

hyuck hyuck and im gunna go git mah shoutgun yall yeee hawww!!!!

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 07:27:25

For the last fucking time, opinions on this topic differ!

Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!

Sig by Me.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 07:57:13

At 3/31/08 07:19 AM, sirtom93 wrote: I agree but im am sceptical on some of your thoughts.

Just wondering, who are you referring to?

At 3/31/08 07:18 AM, Morridir wrote: Does the site use logical tought? I mean, is the complete thing made so we cannot change God in magical blue dwarves and so on? If it is, could you give a summary of the tought? As long as it's interesting and the reasoning is correct, it's always a pleasure to hear people defend their fate. A decent discussion always teaches something to both parties.

The only thing I really don't like is when people ignore everything you just said because they know it would mean they are wrong or if they say 'it has to be because' and the they use something that could have a thousand other explanations.

It basically wants to prove gods existence through Intelligent Design. Guess what, the site has some parts in english. I haven't read through the site thoroughly, and nothing of the english - but I assume it sais the exact same thing... But I have listened to the creator of the website talking about Intelligent Design.
There's alot to read....
http://www.gluefox.com/english.shtm

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 09:05:16

you are not real and this thread is fake

zing

inb4 shitstorm

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 09:13:50

At 3/31/08 09:05 AM, waterbeast wrote: you are not real and this thread is fake
zing

You are fake and this thread is not real.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 09:18:50

At 9/17/07 07:06 PM, Name-Goes-Here wrote: Religion is one of the most phony, yet interesting, human topics ever. Here are 6 things that prove that God does not exist and that every religion is wrong (in the last reason).

religion is between you and your beleve you dont have that!

i like to hear when people talk so that i can see how full of shit they are

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 09:20:37

Hey guys... just, if there is a God, on a hypothetical judgement day, would you guys just remember "Well at least RoobyKillAll got in."

;) Srsly. Just remember.

¤´¨)

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤[Rooby.22's Tunes]

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 11:22:43

At 9/17/07 07:11 PM, LockDown68 wrote: According to my religion God created the universe and left it to be as it would. He doesn't interfere because to him we're a big science project (thats the simplest I could put it).

if i beleived in god which i dont. i would have to assume this is the way he did it cuz he aint doin much now

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 11:30:36

Thank you for your input.

The BBS is in dire need of fresh, insightful topics.

Please, continue to contribute to solving that problem, as you have so artfully done so here and now.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 13:56:28

At 9/17/07 07:46 PM, killa9512 wrote:
have a good religion, nothing like buhdist or anything, then you got your ticket into heaven.

Whats wrong with buddhism?

I like Sonic in Brawl. He has pretty Final Smash.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-03-31 13:59:15

I'm sick of these type of topics! people can beleive what they want to beleive! It's called free will! GOD GAVE US THAT! So shut your talk-hole.

" Bubble! " - Blockhead, Episode 7

'Awesomeness, for thy name is Jesus' ...I don't get it either...

Proud member of the NGDD

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2008-04-01 18:04:13

Lol, great topic, i couldn't resist but to jump in. Before I make my points i would like to make it extremely clear that I am an anti - thiest. This means that not only do I not believe in god, but i also think that religion is evil.

One thing that bugs me is the fact that people say morality comes from god's laws. Well, if this is true, then how come 'Thou shalt not kill' comes in at number 4 is the 10 commandments? Surely that is the big number 1. The most evil thing anyone can do is take another persons life. And what's number 1? 'Thou shalt not deny thy holy spirit or holy father'. So, let me get this straight, in god's eyes, you can be forgiven for multiple muder, rape, child abuse, etc - but not for denying him? Damned for thinking. I'm beginning to think this god guy aint very nice. And what counts as 'denying'? Does a mere thought in one's head count? its all very vaigue.

Secondly, there is no evidence - NONE WHAT SO EVER - that any biblical story - or any other religious story for that matter is true. All you got is a book. Why is the book holy? Because it saids so in the book! Wonderful, anyone could have written it: a drunken guy in the gutter or a person who suffers from a mental illness ( no offence intended to any mental health suffers as my mother suffers it ).

If you havn't already read the book 'The God Delusion' by Sir Richard Dawking, then i suggest you do, a great read and exceptionally well written.

Another thing i HATE is that religious beliefs AUTOMATICALLY demand respect because any criticism causes 'harm'. Bollocks to it! Am i really meant to respect the views of poeple who commit mass muder by suicide bombing? All in the name of the 'good' and 'loving' lord? Who by the - saids that you should stone your children to death if they back chat you. Such practises and BARBARIC. Yeah, what a really nasty pieve ofwork this guy is. I mean, even Satan seems to have more morals: all he does is get people to eat an apple or two and God allows murder to take place.

And, its not enough that they believe it oh no, you have to aswell. 'Cos if you don't your going to 'hell'. Heres a good one:

Priest: " Do you believe? "
Non Believer (smart guy): "No!"
Priest: " Well, God's got a place for you - hell. You're gonna be tortured and put under the most pain imaginible. Oh, by the way - he really does love you very much."

I mean can religious people sorry, i mean DELUDED people not see the irony and hyprocisy in this? Often not, because they have been brainwashed by religion. Although, i must be clear, i don't believe that the suicide bombers THEMSELVES are evil, but the beliefs and people that corrupted them are evil. If suicide bombing is a one way ticket to heaven, and heaven is where you wanna be - then why dont the high authorities blow themselves up? Because they know it's bullshit. That would be the first question on my agenda: " why the fuck dont you do it if it pleases god?"

Well, its late - im tired, and ive said half my piece. i shall finish tomorrow. if you get the chance, do read 'The God Deulsion' by Richard Dawkins.