00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gnutellagusher just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

God's not real and religion is fake

62,247 Views | 314 Replies

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 13:54:18

At 9/18/07 11:03 AM, TheUsed713 wrote: Satanists do not worship the devil. They worship themselves and
believe they are in control of their own lives and their own destiny.
Read a satanic bible you idiot.

Then why are they called SATANists? Huh? And on a side note, I can't believe this topic is still flowing with responses, both educated and stupid. Wow. Religion is a pretty sensitive topic after all.

Getting of TheUsed's topic, why is it that people made religion and brainwash people into thinking God created everything? What will they accomplish from that? I mean, science completely disproves everything religion tells us left and right, WITH credible evidence from uber-smart people. Like they have shown us that Adam and Eve were not the first living things on Earth, bacteria is, which evolved into more complicated lifeforms like dinosaurs. What does the Bible have to say about dinosaurs? Nothing!

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 14:14:08

At 9/18/07 01:54 PM, Name-Goes-Here wrote: Getting of TheUsed's topic, why is it that people made religion and brainwash people into thinking God created everything?

Prove it! whats that, you can't? Then STFU!

Free Hugs!

Friends List!

Space Cases "You Are Not Alone Video", In memory of the greatest show ever!

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 16:17:17

At 9/18/07 02:14 PM, Shawn wrote:
At 9/18/07 01:54 PM, Name-Goes-Here wrote: Getting of TheUsed's topic, why is it that people made religion and brainwash people into thinking God created everything?

I'm asking THE OTHER USERS to prove it, you idiot.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 16:18:43

At 9/18/07 04:17 PM, Name-Goes-Here wrote:
At 9/18/07 02:14 PM, Shawn wrote: Prove it! whats that, you can't? Then STFU!

You're the idoit, I'm asking you to prove what you said!

Free Hugs!

Friends List!

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 16:23:46

At 9/18/07 02:14 PM, Shawn wrote:

You're asking people to prove something that you're basically telling us is a fact.

It's as if someone were to say "Homosexuality can't be passed down through a person's DNA"" and then add "So, why is it that people say that it is?"

So, again: you can't prove that God doesn't exist, which means that you can't prove that religion is a simple form of brain-wash.

So, as Shawn aptly put it: stfu.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 16:38:38

At 9/18/07 04:18 PM, Shawn wrote:

Sorry. I read your post wrong. My bad. As an atheist, I view religion as a form of brainwashing.

Let me rephrase the question: why would religion want to put these obviously false ideas into our heads. They will accomplish nothing.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 16:39:32

I ment ashfordpride

100 percentman

Oh really...

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 16:42:34

At 9/18/07 04:38 PM, Name-Goes-Here wrote:
At 9/18/07 04:18 PM, Shawn wrote:
Sorry. I read your post wrong. My bad. As an atheist, I view religion as a form of brainwashing.

Let me rephrase the question: why would religion want to put these obviously false ideas into our heads. They will accomplish nothing.

Prove it and now a PA annoucement.

I'm tired of you fucking atheists saying i'm ignorant because i believe in a god, so you know what? fuck you, because i don't need people insulting me because i don't believe (or don't believe) what they do, i don't give a shit if your atheist, buddhist, or hindust or whatever, just don't fucking push your religon on me.

However, christians should not push their religon as well, because then we are just as bad as people who push their relilgons on us.

As you can tell by the snow, I'm Canadian. Battlefield Bad Company 2 Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 16:45:53

At 9/17/07 10:53 PM, placeboelectra wrote: I have a question for all christians on this thread that I hope you can answer. According to the bible we all evolved from one man and one woman,Adam and Eve. Now the bible clearly states incest is a sin,but we were all born from just these two people,meaning that everyone is related and we have commited the sin of incest. Are we all going to hell now?

No beacuse, technicly, yes we are all related, but only our fellow cristans are our brothers and sister, fathers, mothers, ect

Oh really...

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 16:47:38

At 9/18/07 04:42 PM, LightandDark wrote: However, christians should not push their religon as well, because then we are just as bad as people who push their relilgons on us.

heh, how are you even able to get on a computer and do this?

both 'religions' and the 'religious' people seem unhappy, do these people even attend church? if you have fun maybe this wouldn't be on your minds so much. role playing games and message boards arent as satisfying

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 16:48:44

At 9/18/07 04:38 PM, Name-Goes-Here wrote: Let me rephrase the question: why would religion want to put these obviously false ideas into our heads. They will accomplish nothing.

And I'm still asking you to "Prove how is it false"

Free Hugs!

Friends List!

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 16:53:24

At 9/18/07 04:38 PM, Name-Goes-Here wrote: Let me rephrase the question: why would religion want to put these obviously false ideas into our heads. They will accomplish nothing.

Dude, people aren't brainwashed into being christian, jewish, muslim, whatever. To take a religion and call it your own is a concious choice. People choose religion to feel secure, to have answers offered to them for some questions that atheism cannot answer, and to provide hope where there is none. Accomplish nothing? On the contrary, religion can guide, unite, and power the greatest forces.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 16:57:26

At 9/18/07 04:53 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: To take a religion and call it your own is a concious choice.

all those concious 5 year olds

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 17:09:36

Ok, everyone has a religion. do you have to belive in someting, no. You could belive in science, that's a religon, nyou could be an athest, that's a religon, a religon is supposed to guide you,
not anything else, not anything less.

Oh really...

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 17:10:47

Oh my God (no pun intended), at first I just thought you were misguided and angsty, but now I see that you're a total retard as well.

Stop referring to Christianity as "religion." There are many more religions on Earth, and many were around before Christianity and monotheism. As both a Jew and a decent human being, I take some offense at you lumping every religion together under the most common and easiest to argue with (since it's been corrupted and bogged down so much over the years by morons with power).

Anyways, the original purpose of religion was to explain natural phenomena. The modern purpose of religion, in a world where scientific discovery has explained most of these phenomena, is to help guide people morally. Never has a religion been created for the sole purpose of brainwashing people. Also, the story of Genesis is not meant to be taken literally. I always thought that only the extremely religious idiots weren't aware of this, but apparently neither are the extremely non-religious idiots.

What will they accomplish from that? I mean, science completely disproves everything religion tells us left and right, WITH credible evidence from uber-smart people.

Are you trying to tell me that medieval peasants knew about evolution and DNA? Also, you're only looking at the Bible at surface level, which is essentially a book of fairy tales. Religion is not about believing all that crap, it's about understanding and following the moral values that those stories try to teach you.

Like they have shown us that Adam and Eve were not the first living things on Earth, bacteria is, which evolved into more complicated lifeforms like dinosaurs. What does the Bible have to say about dinosaurs? Nothing!

I am utterly shocked at how stupid you are. The Bible was written 2000 years ago, way before human beings knew dinosaurs ever existed, way before pretty much all of the scientific knowledge we now take for granted. The book wasn't written by the infallible hand of God, it was written by people. Also, as far as Adam and Eve are concerned, here you are again interpreting the Bible literally, instead of looking at the morals of the story.

Dumbass.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 17:15:02

At 9/18/07 05:10 PM, Dr-Worm wrote:

Oh my God (no pun intended), at first I just thought you were misguided and angsty, but now I see that you're a total retard as well.

At 9/18/07 01:54 PM, Name-Goes-Here wrote:

Getting of TheUsed's topic, why is it that people made religion and brainwash people into thinking God created everything?

Stop referring to Christianity as "religion." There are many more religions on Earth, and many were around before Christianity and monotheism. As both a Jew and a decent human being, I take some offense at you lumping every religion together under the most common and easiest to argue with (since it's been corrupted and bogged down so much over the years by morons with power).

Anyways, the original purpose of religion was to explain natural phenomena. The modern purpose of religion, in a world where scientific discovery has explained most of these phenomena, is to help guide people morally. Never has a religion been created for the sole purpose of brainwashing people. Also, the story of Genesis is not meant to be taken literally. I always thought that only the extremely religious idiots weren't aware of this, but apparently neither are the extremely non-religious idiots.

What will they accomplish from that? I mean, science completely disproves everything religion tells us left and right, WITH credible evidence from uber-smart people.

Are you trying to tell me that medieval peasants knew about evolution and DNA? Also, you're only looking at the Bible at surface level, which is essentially a book of fairy tales. Religion is not about believing all that crap, it's about understanding and following the moral values that those stories try to teach you.

Like they have shown us that Adam and Eve were not the first living things on Earth, bacteria is, which evolved into more complicated lifeforms like dinosaurs. What does the Bible have to say about dinosaurs? Nothing!

I am utterly shocked at how stupid you are. The Bible was written 2000 years ago, way before human beings knew dinosaurs ever existed, way before pretty much all of the scientific knowledge we now take for granted. The book wasn't written by the infallible hand of God, it was written by people. Also, as far as Adam and Eve are concerned, here you are again interpreting the Bible literally, instead of looking at the morals of the story.

Dumbass.

Dr.Worm... awsome 10000000000000000000000000000000000000% man

Oh really...

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 17:17:16

At 9/18/07 04:57 PM, unowned wrote: all those concious 5 year olds

If you, probably raised with some sort of religion, were able to make a conscious decision later in your life to be non-religious, why can't a person consciously decide to be religious?

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 17:19:11

At 9/18/07 05:15 PM, animemasta wrote: Dr.Worm... awsome 10000000000000000000000000000000000000% man

Ya think so? Then quote me right :P

I kid I kid.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 17:22:14

At 9/18/07 05:17 PM, Dr-Worm wrote: why can't a person consciously decide to be religious?

stay religious

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 17:26:37

At 9/18/07 05:22 PM, unowned wrote: stay religious

Alrightey, why can't they consciously decide to STAY religious?

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 17:30:32

If God din;t create the universe who did! I'm fucking tired of this theory bullshit!!!!! How did animals get on earth! Microorganisms my ass. Scientist have no proof!!! They can't tell me how all the universe started!!! Think for 1 second fuck brains........How are we All here. Go back as far as you can and tell how it all started!!!!

TOUCHDOWN!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 17:30:51

So, athest, you say you don't belive in anything, but you belive that god isn't real, you say you have no religon, when in fact you belive in two, athism, and science. Being an athist, you say you can't belive in anything, when in fact youbelive in nothing, therfore, nobody can be an athist.

Oh really...

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 17:33:44

At 9/18/07 05:26 PM, Dr-Worm wrote:

now the question is different

why can a beleiver be a non beleiver

you asked how can a non believer become one, 'consciously'

now its the beleiver 'consciously' stays believing, from where it began earlier as a 'non conscious decision'

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 17:46:05

At 9/18/07 05:33 PM, unowned wrote:
At 9/18/07 05:26 PM, Dr-Worm wrote:
now the question is different

why can a beleiver be a non beleiver

you asked how can a non believer become one, 'consciously'

now its the beleiver 'consciously' stays believing, from where it began earlier as a 'non conscious decision'

It's always a consucous, when you first learn about your parents religon, you natraly stay with that riligon, but in the future, you could not be satistfied by the answers your religon provdes you and you switch to a difrent religon, or belive something else

Oh really...

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 17:50:32

At 9/17/07 07:14 PM, Valhalla wrote: If creationists only believe the universe is a couple thousand years old. how can we see stars millions of lightyears away if if took the light millions of years to get here?

You know, I never really thought about that.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 17:51:51

At 9/18/07 05:30 PM, ftballhero54 wrote: If God din;t create the universe who did! I'm fucking tired of this theory bullshit!!!!! How did animals get on earth! Microorganisms my ass. Scientist have no proof!!! They can't tell me how all the universe started!!! Think for 1 second fuck brains........How are we All here. Go back as far as you can and tell how it all started!!!!

The Big Bang. Animals evolved from microorganisms. We know because of fossils. Dinosaurs came, got wiped out. Repeat microorganisms, we are here. Any questions?

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 17:53:43

At 9/18/07 05:46 PM, animemasta wrote: you natraly stay with that riligon,

huh.. mimicry, thats after instinct and before whatever you want to call it decisions? im glad belief in the tooth fairy and such fades.

what questions and at what age? questions like why it isnt as you seem reality is as a child?

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 17:54:32

At 9/18/07 05:30 PM, animemasta wrote: So, athest, you say you don't belive in anything, but you belive that god isn't real, you say you have no religon, when in fact you belive in two, athism, and science. Being an athist, you say you can't belive in anything, when in fact youbelive in nothing, therfore, nobody can be an athist.

Being an atheist doesn't necessarily I don't believe in anything, I never even said that. It means I don't believe in God. Get your facts straight before posting stuff like this.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:05:37

At 9/18/07 05:54 PM, Name-Goes-Here wrote:
At 9/18/07 05:30 PM, animemasta wrote: So, athest, you say you don't belive in anything, but you belive that god isn't real, you say you have no religon, when in fact you belive in two, athism, and science. Being an athist, you say you can't belive in anything, when in fact youbelive in nothing, therfore, nobody can be an athist.
Being an atheist doesn't necessarily I don't believe in anything, I never even said that. It means I don't believe in God. Get your facts straight before posting stuff like this.

Okay, I was impling that you may not belive in god,you belive in science, whitch, is a religon, and my Impresion of your words, was "I have no religon."

Oh really...

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:05:38

At 9/18/07 05:51 PM, Name-Goes-Here wrote:
At 9/18/07 05:30 PM, ftballhero54 wrote: If God din;t create the universe who did! I'm fucking tired of this theory bullshit!!!!! How did animals get on earth! Microorganisms my ass. Scientist have no proof!!! They can't tell me how all the universe started!!! Think for 1 second fuck brains........How are we All here. Go back as far as you can and tell how it all started!!!!
The Big Bang. Animals evolved from microorganisms. We know because of fossils. Dinosaurs came, got wiped out. Repeat microorganisms, we are here. Any questions?

Yes you don;t lsiten. I asked go back as far as you can! How the fuck did two little particles come from!!! You think it was like poof! They just popped up! Scientist don't know shit. That's why its a theory! They have no proof!!!!

TOUCHDOWN!!!!

BBS Signature