00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

1015884y just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

God's not real and religion is fake

62,291 Views | 314 Replies

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 02:02:41

At 9/18/07 01:57 AM, TheUsed713 wrote: God wont save me from cancer or a speeding car.

I'm Catholic and i follow no rules!, And its been known to happen that people somehow manged to stay alive after something like that, but the doctors claimed they should have died!

P.S. We have no death penalty here in Canada.

Which is why i love living here...

Free Hugs!

Friends List!

Space Cases "You Are Not Alone Video", In memory of the greatest show ever!

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 02:06:02

I don't like getting into a discussion of god or faith because anyone can talk till they are blue in the face about what they believe. Their is one factor that has not been and will never be proved by science or logic. consider this.

Science proves a supernatural power [God]
Where did it all come from? Strong scientific evidents points to the Big Bang theory. How did that happen? A bunch of hydrogen atoms gathered and formed a combustible component which exploded with an unimaginable amount of energy. Well where did the hydrogen come from? A proton is hydrogen in its simplest form. What makes a proton? We know their are smaller components then a proton [although their names escape me right now]. Well where did the smaller components come from. You don't know, i don't know, science doesn't know. Science PROVES god. This is the First Law of Thermodynamics, the law of conservation of energy say they you cant create or destroy energy you can only rearrange it. Where did this energy come from? Where did the protons come from? Science highly suggests a supernatural power.

Stop taking religion to literally.
Religion is a collection of stories which are intended to make you think for yourself. In my opinion you are not supposed to believe the stories in the bible you are supposed to understand why you are being told these stories. That story is suposed to spark a reaction in you that influences ideas you have about how you are supposed to live your life. To fully understand The Matrix Trilogy is to understand religion. Chew on that ; )

Questions? I can answer almost any Newgrounds related inquiry. Pm me.

Why you have a garbage whistle here.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 02:08:50

At 9/18/07 02:06 AM, DnaDraxxus wrote:

I see you stoped signing your posts :D

Free Hugs!

Friends List!

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 02:11:53

At 9/18/07 02:08 AM, Shawn wrote:
At 9/18/07 02:06 AM, DnaDraxxus wrote:
I see you stoped signing your posts :D

Ha yea it was a bad habit i picked up elsewhere. I have been doing my best to shake it although i still do it in pm's.

Questions? I can answer almost any Newgrounds related inquiry. Pm me.

Why you have a garbage whistle here.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 02:15:32

At 9/18/07 02:11 AM, DnaDraxxus wrote: Ha yea it was a bad habit i picked up elsewhere. I have been doing my best to shake it although i still do it in pm's.

Lol, Ya bad Habbits are hard to kick...

Free Hugs!

Friends List!

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 02:18:33

Well surely everyone knows www.gods4suckers.net and certainly we all know www.godisimaginary.com

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMM LOOOOOOOOOONG.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 05:08:58

At 9/18/07 02:06 AM, DnaDraxxus wrote: Science proves a supernatural power [God]
Where did this energy come from? Where did the protons come from?

A quantum singularity.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 05:11:58

I just lost a million IQ points reading that shit.

You BASTARD.

Only 500,000 left.

"It is impossible to govern rightly without God and the Bible." --George Washington

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 05:26:48

God created Earth, but he didn't like us so he brought the plaque. But he failed. lol

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 05:29:11

These sort of arguments are pretty pointless. No matter what you tell people, they will keep believing what they believe. Forcing your opinion on others like "God does exist" or "God doesn't exist" does nothing, because people hold on to their beliefs no matter what.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 07:10:14

At 9/17/07 07:12 PM, PirateSprite wrote: Marc M is the greatest animator on Newgrounds fuck you

um... what does that have to do with anything?

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 07:17:48

Gratz for presenting your argument with sanity and tact.

If you actually want qualified answers to your questions, i suggest you contact a Jesuit. Jesuits belong to the Society of Jesus and they study theology for 14 years to become a full Jesuit. Jesuits who are in the process are called Novice (NSJ will be their title on paper).

I write this assuming you actually are interested in a real discussion.

Fear Popo Bawa!!!

John Goodman | ¥

while(<>){chomp;print;}

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 07:30:04

At 9/17/07 08:54 PM, Davood wrote: Your just saying all your shit because your too emo to go to church and follow the smart people. Just to busy waiting for enough blood to come out you little wrist cutter. and I'll bet you spent like 2 hours trying to think that up while typing r e a l l y
s l o w l i k e t h i s.

You assume just because I don't follow religion and I'm a teen, I'm emo? That's pretty narrow-minded, wouldn't you say?

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 07:36:33

At 9/17/07 08:47 PM, benjadaninja wrote: Your not real, and your face is fake.... OH SNAP!

Normally I don't respond to dumb insults like this because they are just mere cries for attention. But, seriously? Is that it? Is that all you got? Your mama is so fat, I had to take a train and two buses just to get on the her good side! OH SNAP!

Overused joke but still works

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 09:08:37

I'm sure that plenty of people have already said this, but:

1) This thread has been done. And by done I mean turned-inside-out-flipped-sunny-side-up-
repeatedly-double-penetrated done.

2) ...unless you're somehow intricately connected to the Universe, and/or you know absolutely everything (which, ironically, would make you sort of god-like), then you can't prove or dis-prove the existence of God.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 09:12:55

At 9/17/07 07:09 PM, LightandDark wrote: what about Buddhism? the only religion (as i know of) that doesn't have a god to worship?

buddism only tries to guide people, not command them like many others

" 'Oh dear', says God, 'I hadn't thought of that', and vanishes in a puff of logic."

- The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 09:15:41

At 9/17/07 07:23 PM, Jamiko wrote:
At 9/17/07 07:09 PM, LightandDark wrote: what about Buddhism? the only religion (as i know of) that doesn't have a god to worship?
Confucism dosent worship anything

different religion

" 'Oh dear', says God, 'I hadn't thought of that', and vanishes in a puff of logic."

- The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 09:20:52

At 9/17/07 07:06 PM, Name-Goes-Here wrote: Your questions were terrible. Really. This is one of the worst "OMG RELIGION IS BULLSHIT" topics I've seen in a while.

Thanks, you saved my thoughts!!!!! YAY!!! MY RELiGON IS SEALED!!! I'm LOVING YOU SOOO MUCH RIGHT NOW!!

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 10:11:44

At 9/17/07 07:06 PM, Name-Goes-Here wrote: 1. If God is supposed to protect us from evil and is supposedly omnipotent (everywhere at any given time) and omnibenevolent (the ultimate in good), why doesn't he save us from the present evil already?!

Free will. From man came evil.

2. If God already knows the future and created us in his image, then humanity is destined to know everything He knows and we will not have the true free will we have. An example is this very post. I don't know if I will get lots of hate from religious nuts or not so I'm posting this to see the reaction. If I knew what the reaction would be, like "God", I wouldn't be writing this.

What's your point here? :\

3. If God is omnipotent and not everyone believes in Him, He would do a better job gathering believers.

Free will. Ugh.

4. Why would a supernatural being create a universe? Because He was bored to death? He can't desire it because the concept of desire is subjectively human.

It's God. If we understood God's motives, then he wouldn't be God.

5. Ma and Pa told me that God meant to make us imperfect. Why the hell would God make us imperfect if He, according to the Bible, expects so much from us as individuals. They never gave me a straightforward answer, or even a relevant one.

You can't be perfect. Only Jesus/God is perfect. God wants us to rock up in heaven. And if we were all perfect, then clearly he wouldn't have disbelievers, or free will.

6. Religion is very inconsistent about the idea of God and what He wants from us (if God can even feel desire). So that also proves, not only the non-existence of God, but the inaccuracy and incorrectness of many, if not all, religions.

What?

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 10:29:34

At 9/17/07 07:50 PM, laine45 wrote: satanist.......anyways satanism doesnt believe in god so there another religion that he didnt do anything about

Satanists do believe in god, but worship devil.

Dont talk about things you dont know about.It ginda makes you look retarted.

,öpkpäaifheghaäeighäw9gy38gwyrnwcrW 3CRY8329c83rycmW38RYBVY39864p5MW3C8 56BV3P384cm39047VB537W8CM3856B3028Å

5CMEIORmeyrBVÅyw38956v85395vm4947w8 457Bå8w7vm3757nv

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 10:39:51

Fuck off. I'm not at all religious but some people find it to be relieving. Whether it's true or not, stop trying to influence others' opinions.

Know Your Onion!

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 10:41:36

You all know nothing.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 10:57:59

the starter of this topic is right although if god was real than god an the devil are the same person actually...i think..yeah

The Fuel Hungers

The Black Hand Is In Control Here

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 11:03:44

At 9/18/07 10:29 AM, Venomiac wrote:
At 9/17/07 07:50 PM, laine45 wrote: satanist.......anyways satanism doesnt believe in god so there another religion that he didnt do anything about
Satanists do believe in god, but worship devil.

Dont talk about things you dont know about.It ginda makes you look retarted.

Satanists do not worship the devil. They worship themselves and
believe they are in control of their own lives and their own destiny.
Read a satanic bible you idiot.

Go.Burn.Stuff.

Dropkick to the teeth. Solves any problem.

l=(_)(l< 1337

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 11:14:33

yeah but there are three sides to the arugment, atheist, theist and agnostic, now to be completley honest they shud all just get along and live life to what life is to that individual.

MY DODD IS MUCH BIGGER THAN YOURS!

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 11:17:35

At 9/18/07 11:14 AM, thebassace1493 wrote: yeah but there are three sides to the arugment, atheist, theist and agnostic, now to be completley honest they shud all just get along and live life to what life is to that individual.

Smart statement. From a newb.
Its almost cute or something.

Like when your dog learns to stand on its hind legs.

Go.Burn.Stuff.

Dropkick to the teeth. Solves any problem.

l=(_)(l< 1337

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 11:33:52

Buddhism is a lifestyle, not a religion.
Silly ^^

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 13:12:09

At 9/18/07 11:33 AM, GayForGirls wrote:
Buddhism is a lifestyle, not a religion.
Silly ^^

It is a religion silly....

Free Hugs!

Friends List!

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 13:29:34

At 9/18/07 10:41 AM, JackPhantasm wrote: You all know nothing.

Yes! So true.

All I know is that I know nothing.

Which, technically, is knowledge in itself...

...hm. Mindfuck.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 13:33:56

i dont belive in god or religion but i let people have it