00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Catch20Two just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

God's not real and religion is fake

62,237 Views | 314 Replies

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:08:12

I really don't see why most atheists feel the need to push their beliefs on others

I think that they're trying to convince themselves more than anyone else

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:08:26

The Bible is supposed to be taken literally; perhaps because a literal interpretation is unconvincing is a good reason to become atheist / agnostic, ja? Picking-and-choosing bits from the Bible is blasphemy, and if Adam and Eve and Noah and Moses aren't literal, why is the Jesus story, eh?

Bleh

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:11:27

At 9/18/07 06:08 PM, Earfetish wrote: The Bible is supposed to be taken literally; perhaps because a literal interpretation is unconvincing is a good reason to become atheist / agnostic, ja? Picking-and-choosing bits from the Bible is blasphemy, and if Adam and Eve and Noah and Moses aren't literal, why is the Jesus story, eh?

Bleh

I don't like it when people try to take the Bible literally. It's kind of stupid, considering it was written in the Middle East and translated thousands of times a few millenia ago

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:14:23

At 9/18/07 06:11 PM, ParachuteFish wrote: I don't like it when people try to take the Bible literally. It's kind of stupid, considering it was written in the Middle East and translated thousands of times a few millenia ago

Written by GOD, or at least people inspired by God. And my, what a homophobic, racist, sexist, bigoted, violent bastard that God was.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:16:08

I don't like it when people try to take the Bible literally.

i love the conflict they have between each other, just tell it to the preist/pastor or whatever. haha more conflict

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:16:40

At 9/18/07 06:14 PM, Earfetish wrote: And my, what a homophobic, racist, sexist, bigoted, violent bastard that God was.

It all seemed like a good idea at the time...

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:19:15

Religion is crap. It's all a load of bullshit, and a waste of time.

This account is no longer active. Let this signature serve as the only existing tribute to this account's former greatness.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:19:56

At 9/18/07 06:14 PM, Earfetish wrote:
At 9/18/07 06:11 PM, ParachuteFish wrote: I don't like it when people try to take the Bible literally. It's kind of stupid, considering it was written in the Middle East and translated thousands of times a few millenia ago
Written by GOD, or at least people inspired by God. And my, what a homophobic, racist, sexist, bigoted, violent bastard that God was.

I don't buy that. It was written by people, particularly the Jewish people, who at the time believed in violence as a means to solve their problems

I mainly go by the New Testament

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:21:34

At 9/18/07 06:19 PM, Anim8or666 wrote: Religion is crap. It's all a load of bullshit, and a waste of time.

... says the 14 year old who thinks it's cool to put "666" in their name

You know what? Nevermind. You hate pokemon, I hate pokemon, so it doesn't matter

Believe what you want

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:22:37

What I don't understand is, people say, "if you're an atheist, what made the universe? What made intelligent, self-aware life?"

And then they say, "that bit in the Bible where it says how God made the universe and Humans, that bit's just a metaphor."

lol

Despite the Bible never saying "this isn't The Truth, a lot of this is just metaphor," or, "pick and choose whatever bits seem the most sensible to you."

Indeed, the Bible says stuff like, "don't be tempted by demons who fake wisdom, The Bible is The Truth."

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:24:55

bottom line...GOD invented the universes

TOUCHDOWN!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:26:31

I agree 100% on this thread.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:27:15

At 9/18/07 06:22 PM, Earfetish wrote: And then they say, "that bit in the Bible where it says how God made the universe and Humans, that bit's just a metaphor."

Do you think that some sheep herder who lived thousands of years ago would be able to understand how the universe was actually made? For that matter, do we even completely understand it?

It was written by people who had no knowledge of that level of science, so they used a metaphorical story.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:27:58

At 9/18/07 06:22 PM, Earfetish wrote: Despite the Bible never saying "this isn't The Truth, a lot of this is just metaphor," or, "pick and choose whatever bits seem the most sensible to you."

Indeed, the Bible says stuff like, "don't be tempted by demons who fake wisdom, The Bible is The Truth."

Seconded.
And all you bull crap
"pushing your ideas on us"
christians?
Well...

God's not real and religion is fake

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:30:53

At 9/18/07 06:24 PM, ftballhero54 wrote: bottom line...GOD invented the universes

Hell yeah, and nobody is gonna push their belifes on US

Oh really...

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:44:55

At 9/18/07 06:27 PM, AshfordPride wrote: It was written by people who had no knowledge of that level of science, so they used a metaphorical story.

So it was written by sheep herders who weren't being inspired by God? Cos God sure would know. And they took it all as word-for-word truth until about 100 years ago.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 18:45:08

I HATE ALL RELIGION BECAUSE ALL RELIGION FEED BULLSHIT THINGS LIKE NOT TO RESPECT WHAT OTHER PEROPLE BELIEVE AND TO PITY THEM ONLY RELIGION I RESPECT IS BUHDISM!!!

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 19:03:08

At 9/18/07 06:45 PM, Kangman wrote: I HATE ALL RELIGION BECAUSE ALL RELIGION FEED BULLSHIT THINGS LIKE NOT TO RESPECT WHAT OTHER PEROPLE BELIEVE AND TO PITY THEM ONLY RELIGION I RESPECT IS BUHDISM!!!

That's why you spelled it wrong right? It's Buddhism Dumbass.....

TOUCHDOWN!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 19:06:27

Age/Gender: 16, Male

STFU.

Also, IF GOD EXISTS, and he invented the everything, CAN'T HE SAY AND DO WHATEVER HE WANTS? "I you bow to me, I shalt not smiteth you." "I bow to you, oh Lord!" "SMITETH. LOLOLOL, THEY ALWAYS FALL FOR EET!"

LotR was all about walking. Fuck even the trees walked in those movies.

Chris Boe made my signature. Ya' know, the Crab Battle guy?

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 19:07:03

SHUT UP FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 19:14:22

At 9/17/07 07:06 PM, Name-Goes-Here wrote: 1. If God is supposed to protect us from evil and is supposedly omnipotent (everywhere at any given time) and omnibenevolent (the ultimate in good), why doesn't he save us from the present evil already?!

God lets the devil do anything he wants to the people who doesn't worship him (yeah right ¬¬)

2. If God already knows the future and created us in his image, then humanity is destined to know everything He knows and we will not have the true free will we have. An example is this very post. I don't know if I will get lots of hate from religious nuts or not so I'm posting this to see the reaction. If I knew what the reaction would be, like "God", I wouldn't be writing this.

True dat..

3. If God is omniponent and not everyone believes in Him, He would do a better job gathering believers.

Exactly.

4. Why would a supernatural being create a universe? Because He was bored to death? He can't desire it because the concept of desire is subjectively human.

Because he wants to torture us all.

5. Ma and Pa told me that God meant to make us imperfect. Why the hell would God make us imperfect if He, according to the Bible, expects so much from us as individuals. They never gave me a straightforward answer, or even a relevant one.

I still ask myself that question everyday.

6. Religion is very inconsistent about the idea of God and what He wants from us (if God can even feel desire). So that also proves, not only the non-existence of God, but the inaccuracy and incorrectness of many, if not all, religions.

Well, my mom said that "God" cured her from herpes, but then again, what if she just got lucky?

Now I would love to stick around and watch the discussion unfold, but I have a Rush concert to catch in an hour. See ya. I respond to your comments later.

Have fun at your concert.

Well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter ;) | PM me whether you like me or hate me. 52 like | 17 hate

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 19:16:32

At 9/18/07 07:14 PM, Sk8erGirl13 wrote: shitload of agreement

You're 13, and your opinion is invalid.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 19:19:50

At 9/18/07 07:16 PM, Z-Sector wrote:

Because it disagrees with yours? Bit cloooosed-minded don'tchathink, but then of course there is no proof against God that anyone could ever give you, ever, so it's a mute point

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 19:26:04

At 9/18/07 07:19 PM, Earfetish wrote:
At 9/18/07 07:16 PM, Z-Sector wrote:
Because it disagrees with yours? Bit cloooosed-minded don'tchathink, but then of course there is no proof against God that anyone could ever give you, ever, so it's a mute point

Dude, this thread is terrible, any credible theologist could disprove all of his reasons. Also, all she did was agree, she didn't add any input. ALSO, find me a 13 that isn't just a lame ass conformist.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 19:45:08

At 9/18/07 07:26 PM, Z-Sector wrote:
Dude, this thread is terrible, any credible theologist could disprove all of his reasons. Also, all she did was agree, she didn't add any input. ALSO, find me a 13 that isn't just a lame ass conformist.

Whatever, you're entitled to your opinion. I wasn't agreeing with him, I was just comparing that to things i think of religion. And does it matter that I'm 13? So what? At least I'm not one of those people who post "ZOMFG DUDE THAT PWNS ASS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!!!!1111!". I even see people older than me doing that..
You're probably not much older than me... your brain is invalid.

Well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter ;) | PM me whether you like me or hate me. 52 like | 17 hate

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 19:49:16

At 9/18/07 05:08 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 9/18/07 02:06 AM, DnaDraxxus wrote: Science proves a supernatural power [God]
Where did this energy come from? Where did the protons come from?
A quantum singularit

Quantum singularities are fiction. Fiction means not true. The idea of such is displayed on many science fiction movies and books.

I have proved god on page 5 the question is whether or not some one can disprove me... Im all ears.

Questions? I can answer almost any Newgrounds related inquiry. Pm me.

Why you have a garbage whistle here.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 19:59:29

At 9/18/07 07:26 PM, Z-Sector wrote: Dude, this thread is terrible, any credible theologist could disprove all of his reasons. Also, all she did was agree, she didn't add any input. ALSO, find me a 13 that isn't just a lame ass conformist.

Yeah, bloody 13 year old atheists, all a load of conformists. Not at all like the religious. Agreeing with the majority view, and then going to a big building full of similarly-minded non-conformists, like their parents and neighbours, where they all believe the same moral code and do the same rituals and chants and prayers, speak the same words together and believe the exact same theology from the exact same version of the exact same book, interpreted by the exact same preacher. Oh, those religious non-conformists.

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 20:06:16

At 9/18/07 07:59 PM, Earfetish wrote:
At 9/18/07 07:26 PM, Z-Sector wrote: Dude, this thread is terrible, any credible theologist could disprove all of his reasons. Also, all she did was agree, she didn't add any input. ALSO, find me a 13 that isn't just a lame ass conformist.
Yeah, bloody 13 year old atheists, all a load of conformists. Not at all like the religious. Agreeing with the majority view, and then going to a big building full of similarly-minded non-conformists, like their parents and neighbours, where they all believe the same moral code and do the same rituals and chants and prayers, speak the same words together and believe the exact same theology from the exact same version of the exact same book, interpreted by the exact same preacher. Oh, those religious non-conformists.

I had a youth pastor way back when who had the craziest idea of Christianity. If you talked to him for an hour ("knwoing" you you'd probably like him) you wouldn't say what you said above.

Anyway, find me more then 6 teen atheists who have a good reason to completely reject all religion. Any form of "it's stupid" doesn't count.

BBS Signature

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 20:08:38

At 9/18/07 08:06 PM, Z-Sector wrote: Anyway, find me more then 6 teen atheists who have a good reason to completely reject all religion. Any form of "it's stupid" doesn't count.

- every atheist in this thread
- there's no evidence, and the premise of an all-loving omnipresent supernatural creator who made the universe and an afterlife is nonsensical, especially without a shred of evidence, there are countless religions that disagree with each other on very fundamental points like human sacrifice

Response to God's not real and religion is fake 2007-09-18 20:15:04

At 9/18/07 08:08 PM, Earfetish wrote: - there's no evidence, and the premise of an all-loving omnipresent supernatural creator who made the universe and an afterlife is nonsensical, especially without a shred of evidence, there are countless religions that disagree with each other on very fundamental points like human sacrifice

But how is trusting science any different? Sure, there's more cold hard proof, but science isn't perfect. It's all point of views.

Also, would you consider this a debate? I have to have a debate on teh interweb for a class, and this should do teh tricksies.

BBS Signature