00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

stringbeanmachine just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Would you like to be a mod?

100,478 Views | 1,605 Replies

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2008-03-25 11:21:56

You couldn't pay me enough.

Well actually you probably could, but stil...

*blatant userpage whoring*

Might as well as keep this shitty tank.sm picture since while theres no animated gif's...

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2008-03-25 11:25:32

At 3/25/08 11:21 AM, SCG wrote: You couldn't pay me enough.

Well actually you probably could, but stil...

I give you respect, even though I know there are many (I think the majority) of users who don't want modship as they come here just for the fun, it is good to see someone admit it.

Don't worry. I have a plan...

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2008-03-29 16:52:54

I'd like to be a forum mod.

I usually go on here at around night time and I do follow the rules a lot.

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2008-03-29 17:35:12

A forum mod, much like the ones that keep the forum in check. I can't stand seeing so many pointless posts/topics that are just a waste of space. Zerok may be a hardass when it comes to stuff like that, but he does do the job right, and I'd like to be like him.

But as of right now, my age would probably play as a joke to other forum visitors because I'm so young. So as of right now, I'm fine with not being one. But maybe when I'm older, I'd like to keep the new ones coming onto the forum in check.

PSN ID: Zeldafreak701 | Gamertag: Zeldafreak701 | 3DS friend code: 0301-9780-8157

You shouldn't have done that....

Sig by BlueHippo <3

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2008-03-29 17:35:17

Bah, he's not going to make any of us a mod, fellas. My hopes have been picked up and dashed to pieces. He never said he was going to, in all fairness, but it never hurts to dream.

Please click here. You'd make my fiance` happy... Please?

I'm a voice actor, and I love what I do. I'm also a writer, and love that just as much.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2008-03-29 18:04:03

I'd love being a forum mod, for either the Art Forums or Programming Forums. I'm on the NG BBS for most (like 14 hours) of the day, every day. The forum that desperately needs moderation is the art forum, with MS Paint garbage popping up every 30 seconds.

This account is no longer active. Let this signature serve as the only existing tribute to this account's former greatness.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 16:38:19

Well, this is a very interesting question, Wade. I guess this would be my favorite order:

1) Review Moderator - I would like to be a review mod most of all because I spend most of my valuable time here on newgrounds reviewing, and I have a pretty nice whistle level to bat. And to add to that I am most familiar with reviewing than anything, I know the rules of reviewing front to back.

2) Forum Moderator - I guess I would like to be a forum mod second because if I'm not looking out for bad reviews, I'm lurking around the BBS and posting. And it also irritates me a lot to see stupid threads that you see over and over and not being able to do anything to get rid of it other than contacting a mod.

Well, those two are the only to moderation positions that I admit I would actually be use to and good at, I hope this helps.

~Sectus

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 16:40:07

1. Forum mod
2. Audio mod
3. Review mod
4. Icon mod

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 16:42:34

I would want to be a forum mod, i've been here since 2006, and I frequently use the angry face on my posts, i think thats enough to qualify for modship.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 16:47:53

1. Forum Moderator- This is my choice, and this is also probably the most common response you'll be getting from the community. This is, after all, the BBS.

2. Review Moderator- I've seen plenty of spammy reviews, I want to get rid of those, and stop the trend of
Title: "GREAT!" 10/10
Description: Great job!
^That's not a review.

That's pretty much it.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 16:50:55

audio mod, because I could actually do it.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 16:53:50

Even though I'd probably not be up to the job at all, the prospects of being a forum moderator would be alright, since I hate it when I see people constantly breaking rules when there's little or no moderators online. Usually I can just drop an online mod a quick PM to notify them of it, but that takes far longer than getting it off with a click of a button. I am most active on weekends, usually around mid-day to seven or eight PM (GMT), though the times that I am online can really vary. Although I have a terrible whistle, it is highly likely due to a user of whom left over 100 borderline reviews that I flagged. For that reason, the type of modship that I would like to receive second would be review modship. After this is Audio Modship then icon. None of these are likely to happen anytime in the next four or five years, and the only one that may happen one day is on the forums, and even that is highly unlikely, due to there being a lot of other more able candidates for the position right now, and due to the fact that the site expanding at a very high rate, there will be even more other users that could receive the title at that time.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 16:54:52

I, Corneleus Masterson, wishes to be a nominee for the next mod!

If you check my cridentials I am more then qualified >.>

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 16:55:46

At 1/28/09 04:50 PM, chaw wrote: audio mod, because I could actually do it.

Anyone that is willing to actually be an audio mod, I support.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 16:56:00

1: Forum mod. I spend most of my time on the general forum, where most of the misbehaving occurs. I think I have pretty good judgement.

2: Review mod. I enjoy critiqing flashes and vote on whether I think a review is useless, helpful or just plain mean. Again, I would like to say that I have good judgement.

The only problem is that I couldn't do it every day. Just a few days a week. The same with weekends.

I'm not begging to be a mod. It would just make me feel proud if I was. And I could do more to help Newgrounds.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 16:56:15

If I was to ever be a Mod, I would have to say Forum Mod. I spend at least 4 Hours on NG a day, mostly after 5:00pm (CST). I am also on during the day off and on if I am not busy at work.
I am a Super in the Construction Field, I am good at staying on top of things until they are finished completely and I also have a very structured set of rules I follow in my Work on how to handle People and Situations that I encounter. I am very diligent about everything I get involved in.

I like the BBS, and if I ever got the Chance to help out a Bit I would be very happy to do so.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 16:58:22

I would like to be a forum mod because I'm often on the forums although I don't post that much, which I hope won't effect me being a mod. But if I am chosen to be a mod, I will be on much more often and post more often too. I'm usually on everyday from 3 PM to 7 PM depending on what I have to do. On weekends I could be on from moring 11 AM to midnight. I've been on NG since 06 but then I thought of making an account on at 08 because I was bored of not having be able to post in forums, which is what I love most on NG the forums. Also Wade, you rape.

Hewo

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 16:58:53

I'm on just about everyday, I'm not biased at all, and I've gained a somewhat popularity here, so that tells you I'm not a troll/spammer.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 17:01:21

Dear wade Fulp, And other Newgrounds staff members.

I would like to request to be a forum moderator.

My schedule is flexible and i do not mind being put off because there are already enough moderators in the forums.I am usually active through the weekdays from around 5:00pm(eastern timezone) to 10:00pm. I vow to make right decisions would never abuse moderator privileges, and would know when/how to use use those privileges.It has really been one of my desires to become a forum mod mostly because off all the spam,and useless topics that flow through there. I understand that you won't mod me if i do not meet your requirements, or you already have enough moderators. But please do not overlook me,I am much smarter than i sometimes act. And i actually believe that being a moderator will actually improve on my maturity because i will have to take on some pretty challenging responsibilities as a moderator. So if it is ok with the mods, and of course you Wade, and the other staff i politely ask to become a forum moderator.

Bringing back old shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 17:02:07

Modding would be fun, but it's really unimportant as far as I'm concerned. I just want to be on Newgrounds, moderator or not, that's all.

Also, I'm hungry. Club me like a seal, plz.

LOL.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 17:07:29

At 1/28/09 05:02 PM, ChocEliteBar wrote: Modding would be fun, but it's really unimportant as far as I'm concerned. I just want to be on Newgrounds, moderator or not, that's all.

Also, I'm hungry. Club me like a seal, plz.

LOL.

I just realized the first sentence is fucked up to the point I don't understand it.

At 1/28/09 05:02 PM, ChocEliteBar wrote: Being a mod would be cool, but it's really unimportant as far as I'm concerned. I just want to be on Newgrounds, moderator or not, that's all.

K fixed.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 17:17:42

Hmm, i'm surprised i didn't see this topic back when it started, to be honest i imagine it's been derailed or just unchecked since then, but fuck it I'll give it a go for shits & giggles.

Forum Moderator:

Why would you make a good mod?

Well i guess experience is a must really, someone who doesn't know the ins and outs of the general forums, how it operates, the typical parody threads, meme's and trolls that pop up left right and center would simply cave under the pressure and would either delete the wrong people for the wrong reasons or save the wrong people for the wrong reasons.

Not that it matters in any shape or form, but i guess knowing some of the mods personally does help when spotting a spam topic, because instead of getting one of the 100 PM's they usually receive i can simply just drop them a quick message if any of them are online.

What type of mod would you be?

I'm more than happy to join in the fun and let a topic ride it's course if it's funny, but i don't always seek one liners to lock a topic so users will lick my balls constantly, while it'd be fun half the time the other half i would attempt to help those who try to break the rules.

Unless of course they are fucking morons, then i won't waste my time.

How active are you?

Active-wise i had a habit of ghosting, but right now i have plenty to come back for, because of the recession i work two jobs, thankfully they are flexible and i fit my free time around them, so despite being in england i can be pretty nocturnal with moderating, but like i said, it's flexible.

Why be a mod?

More than anything moderating holds a sense of curiosity for me, no major lust for power on an internet forum or status, just to see what it's like really, the whole "what's on the other side of the veil?" sort of thing.

And i guess that's about it, to be honest i doubt Wade even bothers to read these anymore, but what the hell, it killed 10 minutes.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 20:04:47

I think I'd enjoy being a forum mod.
This is because I spend 90% of my NG time on the forums. I imagine i would be a fit forum mod because I'm pretty clear-minded and understanding, but also because I've been on NG almost five years and on the forums for about 3.5 of them. I'm a loyal longtime-regular to NG and spend about 2-3.5 (sometimes a lot more or less) hours on it a day, from about 2 PM to 10 PM during the week, and all day and night on the weekends.

Yeah. There's my soon-to-be overlooked grain of sand on the beach of requests.

After a staggering 30 minutes of staring at the eggs and hasbrown so poorly made, i start my prayers to god, hoping that the next time i open my eyes, the food will be gone.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 20:10:30

Heh...
Modding...
That would be cool, being a forum mod.
I go on here a lot too... =P

I mean, I misbehave now... but with responsibility comes... the requirement to be responsibility? =P

Seems like a painful job with no benefits besides the entire forum kissing your ass / hating you.

=P

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 20:18:30

I would like to request to be a moderator.

1. Forum Mod - I mainly spend most of my time on Newgrounds on the BBS and I feel that I am a good BBS poster. I hardly ever spam and I use good grammar. I also hate seeing the BBS being over-run by immature users and I want to keep this place intact with informal posts.

2. Review Mod - I make good, insightful reviews with good description of what I thought was good and bad. I hate seeing users make quick one word reviews and I would like to put a stop to this.

The times I would be available depend on work, but I am online every weekend for atleast 3 - 5 hours, and same for week days if I am not busy.

Thank you Wade and the rest of the Newgrounds staff.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 20:22:36

i would be a farum mod first a review mod second a audio mod third and a icon mod last
i spend alot of time on the sight when i get up im on newgrounds and when i get home from school

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 20:22:43

forum mod or review mod i read all the reviews on every flash i go toand i read all the replys to the topics

CYBER RELLIK

THE 1 AND ONLY

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 20:24:02

No, I do not want to be a mod. Thanks for asking, but I would hate to pledge time to the internet, you know? Plus, responsibility is never fun :(

I'll give back to the community by submitting audio and posting on the forums whenever I can arse myself to.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 20:26:38

Please just choose someone over 35 years old (for the sensible factor) over the Level (35 for the experience factor) and at least 20,000 combined blam/saves (again the experience thing) and someone with an IQ of over 140 thats me but i dont spend enough time on here nowadays so i'm not actually applying (and dont choose anyone that actually replied to your post) because i totally agree with your statement those that want usually dont deserve.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-01-28 20:26:59

At 10/16/06 11:31 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Users that want power, probably shouldn't have it.

I know that arguing with one of the Fulps is an easy way to get a ban, but I would like to inform you that the sentence you have written is grammatically incorrect. That comma has no place in that sentence.