00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,969,596 Views | 60,514 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 13:29:08

Welcome to the Elite Guard Barracks, soldier!

Before you go AWOL without inspecting the barracks, let me take you on a quick tour:

Please note this is NOT just another B/P club. I was debating making this group as I figured either people would make fun of it or accuse me of copying other clubs. Really, this is a place where the NG users can congregate and talk about anything, with the following rules:

- Anyone can post here, as long as they are in the Elite Guard or are genuinely interested in the Elite Guard.
- You must act like you are in the army. If you are not in the EG, act like a potential recruit.
- Respect your superior officers, just like in the army. If you're a private, show respect to a sergeant. You can joke around and everything, but at least keep with the whole theme and act like you are being insubordinate.
- Just have fun! I personally get a kick out of talking about the EG like this and referring to myself as "Sergeant EagleRock", so that's why this is here. Hopefully others will join in the fun. If not, well, I'm sure this thread will fade away soon enough.

Now report in, soldiers!

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 14:08:57

DaMainman, reporting in, sir! I have served my portal for 2 years long service!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 14:40:40

At 11/29/05 02:08 PM, DaMainman wrote: DaMainman, reporting in, sir! I have served my portal for 2 years long service!

Excellent work, DaMainman! I have checked your record, and see that you would make an excllent member to the Elite Guard. You must go through training, though!

Get out there on that portal! Show us what you got! In a day or two, I'm sure you'll be good enough to be part of the guard!

Now move out! Move it, move it move it!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 15:47:10

Elite Guard Master Sergeant, Sir Requesting permission

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 16:21:27

At 11/29/05 03:47 PM, major_punk wrote: Elite Guard Master Sergeant, Sir Requesting permission

As a superior officer, permission is not needed from me, sir!

Good to have you here, sir!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 16:28:23

At 11/29/05 01:29 PM, EagleRock wrote: You must act like you are in the army. If you are not in the EG, act like a potential recruit.

no offence but it seems your copying the warcrew. i apologeise if im wrong on this one.
2 apart from elite gaurd only whats the main point of this crew. i ask this because i am trying to get elite status and am curious.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 16:47:00

At 11/29/05 04:28 PM, RedGlare wrote:
At 11/29/05 01:29 PM, EagleRock wrote: You must act like you are in the army. If you are not in the EG, act like a potential recruit.
no offence but it seems your copying the warcrew. i apologeise if im wrong on this one.
2 apart from elite gaurd only whats the main point of this crew. i ask this because i am trying to get elite status and am curious.

The War Crew is about war itself.
The only real similarity between the two is that the B/P ranks have military names ( example Elite guard Private ).

The point of this crew is to just be involved with B/P compare ranks Ill put some lists together. And we'll just see how it goes from there. Nothing to lose.

I say join and if you dont like where this crew is going after a couple weeks just dont come here anymore.

So far we have 3 members :
( keep in mind this only a few hours old and is a fresh topic.)

1. major_punk - Elite Guard Master Sergeant ( lv 9)
2. EagleRock - Elite Guard Sergeant ( lv 9 )
3. DaMainman - Police Captain ( lv 13 )

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 16:57:43

The other reason I made this is so that we could just goof off and talk like soldiers in the army. The topic can be B/P (probably common), but you could just as easily talk about that on the B/P list or other locations.

The theme here is we're in the barracks! Talk like a soldier or I'll have you doing KP for three months! Now get back on the portal and sound off like you have a pair!

Move out!

Also, thank you for keeping track of our barracks, Master Sergeant major_punk, sir!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 17:24:07

At 11/29/05 01:29 PM, EagleRock wrote: Welcome to the Elite Guard Barracks, soldier!

Thank you very much Sergeant.

I can see that the barracks are spotless... good, good.

Question; When do we start the drills Sergeant?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 17:24:41

Elite Guard Staff Sergeant

I'm here.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 17:25:32

Elite gaurd privete Bigmac reporting for duty sir!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 17:46:19

At 11/29/05 05:24 PM, Andersson wrote: I can see that the barracks are spotless... good, good.

Very good. Thank you, Lieutenant Colonel, sir!

Question; When do we start the drills Sergeant?

The second any potential recruits come along, sir!

At 11/29/05 05:24 PM, -repent- wrote: Elite Guard Staff Sergeant

I'm here.

Welcome to the barracks, sir!

At 11/29/05 05:25 PM, Bigmac_318 wrote: Elite gaurd privete Bigmac reporting for duty sir!
At 11/29/05 05:31 PM, Quixoni wrote: Elite Guard Corporal :D

Welcome aboard, soldiers!

I believe this is essentially the same as the NG ARMY. You should look that up, even though it's locked. :(

It's sort of like that, Corporal. These barracks, however, isn't its own army, it's just one barrack of the whole Elite Guard. We do not give out promotions and rankings here. You want rankings? Get out on that portal and do your duty! You want to relax with your fellow soldiers? Come here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 18:18:38

At 11/29/05 05:46 PM, EagleRock wrote: The second any potential recruits come along, sir!

Alright. That sounds good Sergeant. =)

I am just here to see how the recruitment is going, as soon as the barracks are full I will leave you with a good start, Sergeant. ;-)

Carry on, Sergeant.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 18:25:38

Sir,
I know I dont have the status of an elite gaurd member but I know im ready for the task of protecting my portal! Private First Class VGRCL reporting for duty sir!

PWNED

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 18:47:33

At 11/29/05 06:18 PM, Andersson wrote: Carry on, Sergeant.

Thank you, sir! I will carry out the duties right away, sir!

At 11/29/05 06:25 PM, VGRCL wrote: Sir,
I know I dont have the status of an elite gaurd member but I know im ready for the task of protecting my portal! Private First Class VGRCL reporting for duty sir!

Officer VGRCL,

I have inspected your record and see a potential in you for the Elite Guard. If you will, I need you to complete your Police Office training before you can apply for the Elite Guard. Get out on that portal and protect the citizens of NG from the evils that be. Work your way up the ranks in the police department and ready yourself for the devotion required to make it into the esteemed Elite Guard.

You are always welcome here, officer. In the meantime, prove yourself on the portal!

Move out!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 20:12:31

At 11/29/05 05:46 PM, EagleRock wrote:
I believe this is essentially the same as the NG ARMY. You should look that up, even though it's locked. :(
It's sort of like that, Corporal. These barracks, however, isn't its own army, it's just one barrack of the whole Elite Guard. We do not give out promotions and rankings here. You want rankings? Get out on that portal and do your duty! You want to relax with your fellow soldiers? Come here.

This does look strikingly simular to me. NG ARMY
Also I do see some simularities with The BLAMming Club:Enemies of CRAP

How can you call this an army then try to avoid that name when simularity is pointed out.
It is more like you took an old idea and slightly modified it.
If it a place to chill that sounds like a lounge. Which existis in about every forum.

I may have more question later.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 20:22:53

I'am i too late to be recruited, sir?!?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 20:41:48

At 11/29/05 08:12 PM, ramagi wrote: How can you call this an army then try to avoid that name when simularity is pointed out.
It is more like you took an old idea and slightly modified it.

I realize that...My intent here is not to be something just about blamming, but more where people can act (do I dare say roleplay?) like they are in the army, based on their rank in the Elite Guard. My using of the word "army" is simply that you have to respect your superior, say "sir" to a commanding officer, etc. Nothing more. Again, I realize that it seems similar, but I was thinking more about how you ACT, not necessarily what you say or do here.

If it a place to chill that sounds like a lounge. Which existis in about every forum.

Again, it's nothing more than a group of people that are basically acting like they are in the army (or EG), and are simply in their barracks talking.

I may have more question later.

No problem...I hope I cleared things up for you.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 20:53:21

At 11/29/05 08:22 PM, frantik1 wrote: I'am i too late to be recruited, sir?!?

Well, anyone is welcome to the Elite Guard, but you must remember citizen...it takes a lot of devotion and hard work to prove yourself worthy! I recommend getting out there and testing your skills at protecting the portal. If you prove yourself, I'm sure you get a job in Portal Security or maybe even become part of the NG Police Department. If you keep working hard, I'm sure you will prove yourself to be part of the Elite Guard.

Good luck on your journey, frantik1! You can always come back to the barracks to let us know how you're doing!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 20:55:28

The portal is going by very slow todya although I've seen slower.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 21:23:40

private hoodiehoodlum reporting for duty,SIR!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-29 21:34:46

At 11/29/05 08:55 PM, -repent- wrote: The portal is going by very slow todya although I've seen slower.

Very true, Staff Sergeant -repent-. Glad to have you on board, sir!

At 11/29/05 09:23 PM, hoodiehoodlum wrote: private hoodiehoodlum reporting for duty,SIR!

Private? I see no badge on your shoulder, recruit! I suggest you go out and prove yourself right now on the portal! Once you show your ability to protect it, you will be offered many positions here. If you show your resolve and prove yourself, you just may find yourself in the Elite Guard! Now, go and prove yourself, citizen! Let us know how your journey into Elite Guard is going!

Move out!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-30 07:19:55

At 11/29/05 06:18 PM, Andersson wrote: Alright. That sounds good Sergeant. =)

*Salutes smartly*

Elite Guard Master Sergeant Coop83 reporting for duty SIR!

At 11/29/05 01:29 PM, EagleRock wrote: Welcome to the Elite Guard Barracks, soldier!

Good to see someone act with innitiative around here. Let me know some of your ideas and I'll be happy to act alongside you with this, sergeant.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-30 10:09:23

Rookie Police Lieutenant McPaper, awaiting duty.

fail

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-30 10:35:15

Police seargent speedy1234 reporting for at least towlet cleaning duty sir.

i fail

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-30 10:39:16

Elite Guard Captain EnglishPhantom reporting for duty.

At 11/29/05 08:55 PM, -repent- wrote: The portal is going by very slow todya although I've seen slower.

Well it could be as bad as clock day, where the worst flashes around make it in.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-30 10:44:59

I hope this club stays, but anyway...

Brigadier General Bahamut reporting for duty.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-30 10:52:00

Sir, this looks like an excellent idea for us Elite Guards!

Sergeant Major reporting in, sir.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-30 11:07:48

At 11/30/05 10:52 AM, Frostbreath wrote: Sergeant Major reporting in, sir.

Excuse me Sgt Major, but you outrank him. There is no need to be polite to him, per se.

but, since we are all NCOs, technically we share the same rank (above an EG Private, but below an EG Praporschick)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-11-30 11:20:43

At 11/30/05 11:07 AM, Coop83 wrote: Excuse me Sgt Major, but you outrank him. There is no need to be polite to him, per se.

I know, i just want to give the topicstarter an ego boost ;)

but, since we are all NCOs, technically we share the same rank (above an EG Private, but below an EG Praporschick)

As soon as i rankup, i'm leaving! Or not. Maybe this club turns into a super swell place to be, then it'd be a shame if i wasn't part of it :)