00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiToDaAra just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

988,962 Views | 16,867 Replies

Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 03:06:22

First and foremost, allow me to introduce you to the NEW Newgrounds Police Department, affectionately abbreviated as the NGPD! Formerly known as the "N.g Police Headquarters", which withstood the test of time for two long years, this new and improved NGPD rose from its ashes to start with a clean slate and hopefully become more prosperous than it's predecessor. We have obtained ramagi's generous approval for this thread.

About the NGPD
Now you're probably wondering what the NGPD's purpose is, well let me explain. This crew is for NG users to discuss matters or just chill with fellow police-ranked members. Our goal is to create an environment that encourages members like you to actively serve the Flash Portal and make it more enjoyable for everyone.
Now before we continue, there are several matters that I would like to straighten out:

1. We are not a BLAM club, by any means.

2. Mass voting, or any other activity that infringes upon the rules of the Portal, is strictly forbidden and carries the risk of being permanently expelled from the force.

3. The NGPD has no rivalry WHATSOEVER between any other BBS crew such as the NG Mafia.

Now that we have that out of the way, lets move on.

How to join
From past experience, we've learned that it is important to recruit members that won't go AWOL on us. Therefore, we've developed one of the most rigorous recruitment processes around. Now don't let this discourage you, we only want the best of the best and you may prove yourself to be one of them.

Our system is a two-phase process:
1. Preliminary Inspection
2. Apprenticeship

1.The Preliminary inspection is a very simple check of three things:
+ Your badge (must be between Security Guard 400-499 b/p and Police Captain 2000-2499 b/p)
+ Post count (minimum of 50 posts so we know you've at least been to the forums)
+ Post quality*
*Post quality is the biggest reason why we turn down applicants. If the majority of your posts are 3 words or less, spammy, lack thought or intelligence, irrelevant to the topic, or are mischievous (aka being an asshole) we will most likely reject you. If you make good posts that are antonymous to the above, then you are well on your way to membership. We strongly emphasize on accepting only those who are capable and willing to benefit the NGPD.

2. The Apprenticeship is a 1-week time period in which we grant you semi-membership if you've passed the PI. During this time the Commissioner or Unit Ops. (Leader and co. leader, respectively) observe how active you are in the thread and how well you contribute --as in participating in conversations and discussions, posting links to abusive flashes and explaining why it's abusive, etc. Being a positive and likable addition to the force will basically guarantee your place among NG's finest police units.

The Rules READ THIS!!!
* = Warning
** = Suspension - duration varies
*** = Dishonorable Discharge - permanent expulsion from the force
(these are first-violation cases)

+ All of the [BBS rules] apply. (* to *** depending on severity)
+ Never, and I mean NEVER, attempt to start a mass vote, whistle, etc. (**)
+ Always respect members and even non-members (*)
+ Do not respond to blatant spammers (** to *** depending on severity of outcome)
+ Act appropriately (*)
+ Don't smartass your way around the rules. (** to *** depending on severity of infraction)
Use common sense to determine how you should conduct yourself around here. No bullshit please.

Honorable Discharge
So let's say you've been a member for a while. You've earned 2500 b/p and finally became a Private. As you can see there is no "Police" in that title, now what? Sadly, this means that it is time you must relinquish your membership here at the NGPD. But on the bright side, you graduate to highly prestigious establishment, the [Elite Guard Barracks] where you will continue your battle, defending the portal alongside some of the most powerful and experienced of Newgrounds.
Just because you're no longer a member here does not mean you've been sent away forever. You're more than welcome to come here anytime you wish. We'd love to see some NGPD veterans!

We also have our own site and forum, check them out!
NGPD website
Forum (please register if you are a member)

For any more questions, please refer to the NGPD FAQ, it most likely has answers. If not, contact me via PM.

Thank you for your time, and happy b/p'ing to all of you!

"TO BLAM AND PROTECT!"

salute

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 04:26:30

Wow, I didn't think that you guys would ever need a new thread. What caused this momentous shake up?

Also, first post of a potentially great thread. Not because I can join, but because the NGPD really helped bring the most out of my NG experience.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 08:53:20

You've killed all my hard work, Tails.

I wish you success :D

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 09:12:24

Police Officer Twone, wishing to join the force!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 09:13:41

At 3/22/08 08:53 AM, Peregrinus wrote: You've killed all my hard work, Tails.

I wish you success :D

lol k-pingu, this the fruit of of our hard work.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 10:00:34

At 3/22/08 09:13 AM, TailsPrower wrote: lol k-pingu, this the fruit of of our hard work.

Ya done good, laddie. If you ever need advice, I'm usually around.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 10:37:54

About time. :-D

To all members of the Newgrounds Police Department, present and future: this club will always have the support of the Elite Guard Barracks. If ever you need help, whether it be about B/P'ing, flagging abuse, or any other aspect of Newgrounds (including signing up with the Barracks when you're of appropriate rank), just give us a ring. :-D

---Barracks Recruitment Officer Supreme Commander Slash Firestorm (whew) ^_^

*salute*

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 10:40:27

Oh wow, NGPD, a new thread.

I doubt Tails remembers me, I didn't really do something big in here, it's nice that I'm still on the member list, I think I'll try showing up now and then, see how it's going on, I'm sure it will do great, I felt really great during my time, I recall being Sargent, but it looks like the redesign de-moted me back to Police Officer...

Anyway TailsPrower, best of luck, I hope this grows bigger, faster and better than the old thread.

*Salutes*

Feels like ages since I did that saluting thing....

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 11:09:53

Staff Sergeant Nuts reporting in!

I am a member of the Elite Guard Barracks, and I was wondering if I could join the Police Department. I didn't ask to join before because you weren't accepting new members untill the new thread (this one) came, so I'm asking to join now.

I hope this new thread lasts for a long time!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 12:24:07

Well, good to see the new Department up and running... Man, I was getting to think ramagi would never reply! So anyways...
*AHEM!*
Police Sergeant SoulMaster71, reporting for duty!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 14:31:52

Sergeant Silver-222 reporting in saying welcome to all whom are new or are looking to become members... welcome to the new headquarters

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 14:39:52

Oh shit it's the 5-0. I'm glad you started a new club though,even though I shall not be partaking in activities.

I've been Fab since the re-design,have you?

JUST BECAUSE I LISTEN TO COREY HART :'[

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 14:43:49

Major NEVR from the Elite Guard Barracks dropping by to congratulate you on your new thread!

Just a note to NGPD members who have a genuine interest in one day graduating to the EGB - we now have a special section for NGPD members on our roster, known as 'Guardsmen', which serves the dual purpose of including prospective members so they don't feel so intimidated, and tracking the progress of those who are planning on joining the EGB when they acquire enough B/P points.

If any of you NGPD members are interested, please do not hesitate to post a request to become a Guardsman in the EGB thread. We're always welcoming new members, and the Guardsman position is reserved ONLY for existing NGPD members. The only requisite of holding this position in the Barracks is that you post there on at least a semi-regular basis - but all NGPD members are welcome to post in the EGB.

Hope to see some of you around the EGB. Good luck again with your new thread!

:::Salutes:::

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 15:28:43

Well, forget my last post here, I won't join. I read the rules again and I don't match the criteria to join.

Embarassing...

But still, congratulations on the new thread. And read NEVR's post above me, we have a special section for the NGPD in the EGB. So if you're interested, take a look at it.

*Salutes*

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 16:28:39

Police Officer FamilyGuy05 reporting for duty!

*Looking for a new sig*

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 16:52:46

Sergeant DBlach Reporting for duty!
Proud to be part of the service!

The New NGPD / Join the EGB

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 17:10:23

Oh damn, I'm still only a scout.

Curse my high standards. ;_;

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 20:18:23

Aight time to get busy! Let's see what we have here...

At 3/22/08 05:46 AM, TheNossinator wrote: Police Sergeant TheNossinator reporting in for service!

I don't even see why you need to go through the apprenticeship program, you've stuck around for quite a while and I have a feeling you'll be a great member anyways. Welcome to the force, sergeant!

At 3/22/08 10:40 AM, Lebastic wrote: I doubt Tails remembers me

I remember you :) Your windows broke because of explosions because of political conflicts correct?

Anyway TailsPrower, best of luck, I hope this grows bigger, faster and better than the old thread.

Thank you, hope to see you soon!

*Salutes*

*salutes*

At 3/22/08 04:28 PM, FamilyGuy05 wrote: Police Officer FamilyGuy05 reporting for duty!

Your post quality is below satisfactory. If you do not wish to read my criticisms, please exit. If you're wise and want to know how to get better, keep reading.

First off, I strongly recommend you lurk more around the BBS to get a feel for how users act. I noticed your little picture spam habit back there, and you're still in the process of learning how to act less noobish in the BBS. If you took offense to that, then you've only reinforced my point. 50 posts is one thing, intelligent and contributive posts are another. In short, spend more time around the BBS to see what a good post is and what isn't good.

At 3/22/08 04:52 PM, DBlach wrote: Sergeant DBlach Reporting for duty!
Proud to be part of the service!

You're well within the badge requirement and have enough posts, but your daily post count somewhat concerns me. But since that is not a requirement, I think you're potential NGPD material. Consider yourself an Apprentice so show us what you can do.

At 3/22/08 04:59 PM, JoxskornerStudios01 wrote: seems a bit to mutch like the royal submission guard barraks. however, I see how its different. sure I will join ; D

Err... you mean the Elite Guard Barracks? Well, the idea of this crew was originally to parody the EGB, but this became successful lol. Unfortunately, you do not have the qualifying badge to become a member. You need to be at least a security guard which is 400 b/p points.

At 3/22/08 05:10 PM, SapphireLight wrote: Oh damn, I'm still only a scout.

Keep at it! You'll get there if you work hard enough.

Also nice sig Noss :)

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 20:35:51

At 3/22/08 09:12 AM, Twone wrote: Police Officer Twone, wishing to join the force!

woops forgot about this one :P

I've gone through the inspection and you're definitely qualified, and I'm not saying that because your level is higher than everyone else's here. Alrighty then, that makes you an NGPD Apprentice, we look forward to see how you do.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 20:58:25

Damn, I saw your last post this morning before I left, and thought 'Damn, how awesome would it be to get the first post.' Anyway I'm in Melfort now and missed it, but still. The boss man is here. I'll help out with the hype after I get back home in a few hours.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 21:26:01

Police Officer DJ-connect reporting!

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 21:43:19

At 3/22/08 08:18 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Aight time to get busy! Let's see what we have here...
You're well within the badge requirement and have enough posts, but your daily post count somewhat concerns me. But since that is not a requirement, I think you're potential NGPD material. Consider yourself an Apprentice so show us what you can do.

Yes sir! I will sir!

The New NGPD / Join the EGB

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 21:54:04

At 3/22/08 08:35 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I've gone through the inspection and you're definitely qualified, and I'm not saying that because your level is higher than everyone else's here. Alrighty then, that makes you an NGPD Apprentice, we look forward to see how you do.

Sweet. I look forward to working with you.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 22:07:29

At 3/22/08 09:26 PM, djconnect wrote: Police Officer DJ-connect reporting!

At ease, officer! Let's see how your credentials measure up to our standards. Wow...your posts are phenomenal and you've got the right badge. We open our doors to you, officer. If you've read the first post carefully, you should know what to do as an Apprentice. Keep up the good work!

*salute*

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 22:31:09

Thank you sir. I have indeed read the first post and know exactly what I am expected to do. Also I have been lurking on the old forum for over a week now and I must say it is about time the new thread has been opened. I have been waiting a long time to join and I am pleased to have the opportunity to protect and serve the portal along side some of NGs finest.

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 22:47:37

At 3/22/08 05:10 PM, SapphireLight wrote: Oh damn, I'm still only a scout.

Don't worry fellow Newgrounder; it's better to have high standards and Blam what needs to be Blammed, than it is to vote 5 on everything for free saves. You're a better person than many who currently populate NG. In about 110 B/P or so, you'll be eligible, and I certainly hope you join us then.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-22 23:42:21

At 3/22/08 10:40 AM, Lebastic wrote: I doubt Tails remembers me: At 3/22/08 04:28 PM, FamilyGuy05 wrote:
Police Officer FamilyGuy05 reporting for duty!
Your post quality is below satisfactory. If you do not wish to read my criticisms, please exit. If you're wise and want to know how to get better, keep reading.
First off, I strongly recommend you lurk more around the BBS to get a feel for how users act. I noticed your little picture spam habit back there, and you're still in the process of learning how to act less noobish in the BBS. If you took offense to that, then you've only reinforced my point. 50 posts is one thing, intelligent and contributive posts are another. In short, spend more time around the BBS to see what a good post is and what isn't good.

I respect your answer sir. Thank you. I will spend most of my time around the bbs. Also, may I ask, who is ramagi? I really dont know her. She seems to be the head of bbs post people say. I really apprciate the help.

*Looking for a new sig*

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-23 00:29:58

At 3/22/08 11:42 PM, FamilyGuy05 wrote: I respect your answer sir. Thank you. I will spend most of my time around the bbs. Also, may I ask, who is ramagi? I really dont know her. She seems to be the head of bbs post people say. I really apprciate the help.

I'm glad you see things our way and I'd also be more than happy to answer your question. ramagi is a highly respected moderator of the forums and, from what I understand, is a regular visitor of the clubs & crew forums, which is why I contacted her to help us with our new thread. She is also widely known throughout Newgrounds by her title as the "Blam Queen" since she is one of the top ranked b/p users.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-23 04:07:45

Hey guys, sorry I missed first page. I was banned for 3 days but now I'm back.

Thanks for giving the message nossinator.

Anyway, did somebody say IT'S SNOWING!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-03-23 05:01:50

At 3/23/08 04:07 AM, Brick-top wrote: Hey guys, sorry I missed first page. I was banned for 3 days but now I'm back.

Thanks for giving the message nossinator.

Anyway, did somebody say IT'S SNOWING!

yeah no joke. I mean, the snow JUST finished melting here and now we gotta start all over again... ugh. This is my spring break huh?

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature