00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Would you like to be a mod?

100,009 Views | 1,605 Replies

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2011-08-11 14:54:07

At 8/11/11 02:52 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 8/11/11 02:48 PM, sonicflare9 wrote: Yes sir!!!!!
Your not going to be a mod with that kind of attitude. And neither are alot of people.

then what attitude

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2011-08-11 16:24:59

Forum mod, all the way.

I'm on Newgrounds. A lot. That usually means I'm perusing the forums. If I'm not on the General forum for laughs and giggles, I'm in the Audio looking for work.

If there's one thing that pisses me off, it's trolls. I'm not a fan of people who get on social forums and try to start an argument. I've kinda always toyed with the idea of becoming a mod. I dunno. I just feel like I could help make a difference. Keep the forums clean and make it a good experience for everyone.

Plus the gold aura is cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2011-08-11 16:31:05

Well, I already know that it is impossible for a new user like me to become a mod anytime soon, and I am quite happy how the forums are moderated and I already report stuff, that I believe was overseen, that works pretty good.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2011-08-11 16:34:24

At 8/11/11 04:31 PM, Asandir wrote: Well, I already know that it is impossible for a new user like me to become a mod anytime soon, and I am quite happy how the forums are moderated and I already report stuff, that I believe was overseen, that works pretty good.

You wouldn't have the heart to ban people for anything you are to nice for that.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2011-08-11 16:37:15

At 8/11/11 04:34 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: You wouldn't have the heart to ban people for anything you are to nice for that.

Oh, I wouldn't bet on that, I even reported some of my best NG friends for the sake of Newgrounds.
However, I think I would fit more as review mod, since I am looking out for abusive reviews already everyday rather succesfully, as some might know.

Tuturu~ ♫

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2011-08-11 16:42:36

Haggard for BBS Mod.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2011-08-11 16:44:18

At 8/11/11 04:37 PM, Asandir wrote: Oh, I wouldn't bet on that, I even reported some of my best NG friends for the sake of Newgrounds.

um...why?

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2011-08-11 16:51:09

At 8/11/11 04:48 PM, ClockworkSpace wrote:
um...why?
Just my thought. :-/

Well, I don't want to go too much into details, but said user broke a major rule.

Tuturu~ ♫

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2011-08-11 16:51:30

At 8/11/11 04:44 PM, GiantDouche wrote:
At 8/11/11 04:37 PM, Asandir wrote: Oh, I wouldn't bet on that, I even reported some of my best NG friends for the sake of Newgrounds.
um...why?

He is a true patriot.

Would you like to be a mod?

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2011-08-11 16:52:42

Yeah sure. I'm a mod on most other websites I frequent and I think I do a really good job there.
One of them is the largest tech site of the Netherlands, with more visitors than Newgrounds, so yes I can definitely mod Newgrounds.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2011-08-11 17:58:04

Being a forum mod would be pretty cool. I'm a pretty responsible person and I feel I could professionally moderate the forums. I am usually online from ~10AM-1AM GMT on weekends/holidays, of that I am most active between ~11AM-6PM and 11PM-1AM, but I do have sixth form the rest of the time, so I should be online from about 4PM-11PM.

My second choice would be a review mod, again, same times I would be online. I don't usually visit the flash portal much anymore other than depositing or viewing the frontpaged flash, but I would quite happily look and sort through flagged reviews.

My third choice would be an audio mod. Although I don't use the audio portal much, like the reviews, I wouldn't mind sorting through unapproved audio submissions, although I may do so less frequently than with the reviews.

My websites: MayesMods | FireStorm | I'm also on almost every other website in existence, mostly under the username: andy70707 (youtube: brainiac777, eBay: 10andy70707).

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2012-10-27 11:38:44

I would like to be a Review Moderator.
Everytime, I play a game on this site, I read the reviews. And suffice to say, a few of them are abusive.
I think that I could make a difference.

Hello.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2012-10-27 11:52:59

sup wade u kno id be a gud mod and shit and ban ppl cause 2 many shitpost and that is unascepatble so u kno id ban them ok wad make me mod

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2021-09-13 13:11:44

At 10/16/06 11:31 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Okay, this is a bit out of the norm, but I thought it could be fun. I know users always ask us if they can help out with the site, be a mod, etc. Normally we frown on users who request special status as it's usually a bad sign. Users that want power, probably shouldn't have it. So we have always gone through a nomination process, and then take the nominations to a vote. The ultimate decision is always that of the NG admins (usually myself), but I always try to go along with the mods.

So I thought it would be fun to ask the users this:

If you have spare time and would be willing to help out Newgrounds, what kind of moderator would you most like to be? If you'd like to be more than 1 type of moderator, say a forum mod and a review mod, then list which one you'd want to be the most, followed by your 2nd choice, and if you want 3rd and 4th choices. The choices are forum mod, review mod, audio mod, and icon mod.

Forum mods watch over the forums. They can delete posts, topics, and ban users.

Review mods watch over reviews. They can delete incoming bad reviews and they can also go through a list of reviews that have been marked as abusive and either delete the review, delete the review and ban the reviewer, clear the abusive flags and penalize the users who flagged it, or clear the abusive flags with no penalty to those who flagged it.

Audio mods listen to audio portal entries from non-approved artists and decide to approve them, or ban them.

Icon mods watch incoming icons made by the users (or themselves) and either approve them, or delete them.

So if you had the chance, which type of mod would you like to be? Keep the reponses professional, and on topic. Also indicate what time, or times, you are most active on Newgrounds and how much time you spend on the site. Basically your response should be like an essay, stating what type of mod you'd like to be, and why you'd make a good mod.

For those of you who would normally keep quiet about wanting to be a mod, because it's against the rules, feel free to let us know your interests here.

I can't promiss anyone here will be a mod, but maybe if some of you were brought up in nominations, the info you provide here could give the current mods a better insight on if you'd make a good mod or not. It may also introduce us to users we haven't considered that could make great mods.

Please reply 1 time only, so get it right. Do not respond to other users's posts. Anyone who posts an off topic post, or replies to other posts, will have their post removed and will find themselves banned.

Well it hard question many of us would love to be one but I want to earn it

unban Gettysburg and DingleberryClock

please Wade

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2021-09-13 14:59:01

nope

Froggo is always watching.

I'm going to shit your pants

[Pronouns are they/them btw]

BBS Signature