00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hyper-Neko-Gold just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Would you like to be a mod?

100,241 Views | 1,605 Replies

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 15:21:54

I suppose, that I would vouch for Audio, and Icon mod. I wish there was a Flash mod. So many of the spammer's around, that they need to be taught a lesson somehow.

Audio, I wouldn't judge unfairly. It's music. Since when is it bad? And it's rare that a horrible song ever comes out, that's entirely made for making people mad. *Full of scratches and random screaming noises, and so on, nazi title, etc.*

Icons, enough there as well. If it's bad, then toss it out. If it's fine and meets guide lines or expectations, then they should be approved.

There's my little introduction for me. ^^ And hello to everyone on Newgrounds. Hope that you all are having a nice day after Valentines Day.

All's fair in love and war... But with love, there are respawn points.

Forum posts. I'm not obsessed with them. Are you?

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 15:25:40

Well, I've thought about modertatorship in the past, but never really considered it a likelihood. But since it's worth a post +1, and I'm bored anyways. Why not?

If I were to request a moderator position, I feel the only one I would be effective at in the least is a forum mod. I've been around for quite a long time, and I've seen/experienced most of the fads for better or worse. I'm one of the more mature users, and I have an understanding of the rules. I also regularly try to help people on the forums rather then just flame them. I'm free any night after 7:00 PM in my respective time zone. I've been absent these last couple months due to health complications, but I'm back again for awhile at least.
If it helps, as far as I know I'm in good standing with any mods that know and remember me.

I doubt i'll be selected, and fully expect my post to go forever un-noticed, but it's worth a shot I guess.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 15:30:05

I'd probably be good for any kind of Mod. I am very active on this website. Maybe not a forum mod since I've had my fair share of bans. But an audio mod, review mod, or an icon mod is what I would be. I don't have much else to say other than that I would be very active and take part of the solution. I wouldn't however want to be multiple mods. I'm leaning more towards either audio mod or an icon mod.
I do feel silly for posting in this thread even after all of these years...

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 15:30:54

I would Help newgrounds and be a forum moderator because I visit newgrounds and if I had something to actually do instead of post on the BBS, I would be here often. I have Alot of experiences with forums and I love it when people come to the forum spamming, replying to everything and being a total smart ass, the best part it banning them when they go to far.

I would also be a review moderator because I hate it when people make alternate accounts and out of the bad reviews, there is 2 good reviews, one being one that joined the hour the flash was made. I also hate when alternate titles are used by factions like Duck Division and then changed when they get out of judgement.

Summary: I want to be a Review and/or Forum mod.

A lot of people have pictures for their signatures. But that's stupid. I'm not going to do that. That is so 2008. Not even kidding. Jeez, you guys are stoopid.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 15:32:21

At 2/16/09 03:14 PM, SardonicSamurai wrote: SHHHHHHHHHHH!

Technically, I made a post in this thread before I was a mod :3

YOU ALL HAVE A CHANCE :D

*Chuckles*

The day hell freezes over I'll become a mod, Wade said so!!

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 15:38:54

sure why not

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 15:41:07

Anybody who wants to be a forum mod for control must really mean cuntrol, bucause only a real dickhead would be a mod for that.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 15:43:05

Also, anybody that says whims and fancies is gay.

Hi DaWgSoLdJa

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 15:44:20

I would really like to be a forum mod, because I don't usually do a whole lot of stuff during the week, and I'd be available nearly all the time for the job. But I'm not even sure whether this offer is still available, because this thread is over three years old.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 15:52:29

There are like 50+ pages now, so I doubt my reply will even be considered so late in the game, but I'd want to be a Forum Moderator.

I'm always on the BBS and I try not to backseat mod. 9 times out of 10 I'll see a thread that needs to be locked/ deleted several minutes before a mod does. I know the rules just as well as any mod here, and I'd be fair in my decisions.

I work all day every Sunday and I work afternoon shifts (3Pm-10Pm) two other days out of the week, but besides that I spend a lot of my free time on the BBS.

So consider it; I won't be offended if I'm not nominated :(

You've finally made it home

Draped in the flag that you fell for

And so it goes - the ashes of the wake

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 19:02:17

Oh jesus, almost thought you were Tom and this was important... PHEW.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 19:04:46

Yeah that's right, ask to be a moderator. Then you can suck Malachy's, Poozy's, and any other moderator's cock like I did. It obviously tastes salty. Except Mal's. It tasted like Ranch.

XBL Gamertag: TrainerMarcus

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 19:06:41

I nominate Bigbaddragon for mod.

He always does the smart thing, is never butthurt, and doesn't have huge red lips.

Guess what?

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 19:18:50

Forum mod. Ever since my 2 week ban from /b/ I realised that NG forums are far less mind numbing. Also, I've never had that kinda power before. Plus, I'd love to have that same kind of respect that all the current admins get anyway. But personally, I don't think you would pick me... Crappy post count, no rep, low level etc... I love NG, moreso flash and forums, but I don't think I would get the position. I'm just not that lucky...

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 19:25:15

Make me a mod. I will use brutal force on anyone that says otherwise. So thats why I want to be a mod. So make me one, NOW.

MAKE ME A MOD

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 19:29:17

Also, I want to be a forum mod.

Sorry for the double post

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 19:29:50

I never really thought about it but being a forum mod would be pretty cool.

I am usually active on the BBS Monday through Friday any where from 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM sometimes later.

I am mostly on the General forum when active on the BBS but I do wander over to the Video games, Art, and clubs/crews forums once in a while.

I don't post that much, however I am online and reading post after post when I am online.

I think I might be a good mod because I...well I usually have nothing else better to do! but I am usually very responsible. I try to never let any kind of power get to my head.

I would love to be able to help out and participate in keeping my favorite website running smooth.
thank you so much if I am considered, as this would be a great honor... okay I think I've kissed enough ass for tonight

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 19:43:41

If made moderator, I pledge to dick around for like three hours and then grow bored of it.

in outer space there will be no law to keep me from love

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 20:02:15

Hello,
I'd like to apply for the position of either being a Forum Moderator, or a Clubs and Crews Moderator. I request this due to the fact that there are a few occasions I see no moderators online in the forums, and people generally go ape shit in the absence. Another Moderator is a good idea to help lessen the occurance, and I am on the site quite a lot these days.

As my posts indicate, I am rather two-faced: I can be level headed, helpful, friendly, yet I also have the capacity to be a raging dickface and quasi-spammer. If people are retarded, I'm hardly afraid to call them up on it in an appropriate manner (read 'flaming'), but for the most part I am level headed and decisive. I know what I want, how to get it, and how to be myself. I also know the relationship dynamics of the site, and thus can respond appropriately to people based on both their behavior and established personalities. This way the appropriate level of control can be achieved. In addition to this, I can express myself very well when posting - this does not mean however I'm never going to spasm out a few shits along the way. You can't be wound up your own ass after all.

I request that, if not a General Mod, I be considered as a C&C mod. The Crews and Clubs are an interesting place I spend some time watching, and the more effective Mods we have, the better the site can function.

I hope to hear from you soon with your opinion,
Podburrys

;){____/| Anime Reviews /|\ Actually an '06er /|\ New Short Story! More to come. |\ ____}(;

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 20:03:32

I don't want to be a mod......

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 20:10:45

Icon Mod.

It's simple and I've been doing it for a while now.

but this thread has died of it purpose amirite?

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 20:19:21

I would like to be a forum mod and a review mod. I feel I would be good at these because I love reading (anything, really), so could sift through all the reviews, and because I have read the forums a great deal. I lurked alot before I made the account you see, so know alot about what is a good post, what's bannable, etc. I also have a good (read:perfect) knowledge of the rules. I think I have only been banned once as well, and a while ago at that, which must count for something. Not only this, but I also have published some flash myself, so have a flavour of what is helpful in a review and what isn't.

I am usually on whenever I'm on a PC, just flicking through threads, and for long periods during the UK night. I am always interested in self betterment and being young (13, yeah, I signed up before I was meant to but NG has matured me no end) I had Newgrounds instilled in me from a young age, you could say. I like to contribute to the site, and am always trying to come up with new Flash ideas. For example, I am currently writing a story for the writers' competition which will come very close to the word cap.

I am currently learning Autodesk Maya so would be able to help with any 3D graphic needs of Newgrounds. Maya is the program used to do all the movie 3d graphics (LOTR, all the Pixar, Dreamworks stuff etc.).

So it would be nice to be considered to become a mod, as I would be able to put back in to the NG community what I feel it has given me.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-16 20:19:53

I would actually like to become an audio mod, if it's not too much trouble. I tend to hang around the Audio Portal a lot, and have listened to many different submissions. I know there are a lot of Newgrounders that have yet to be approved for the Audio Portal. As an audio mod, I would help Newgrounders with the approval process, and ban those who persist to submit stolen work.

If not an audio mod, I would then like to become a forum mod. I've noticed some BBS users who persist to post shitty topics and harass others on the forums. If I was a forum mod, I would ban those users and delete their accounts if they continue to break the NG rules.

If nothing else, I would at least like to become an icon mod. I have some spare time, and I can spend that time looking over the many icons submitted each day.

I'm usually on Newgrounds around 12:00 PM - 7:PM on weekends, and 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM on weekdays. I still go to school, so school will come first before moderation. I'm still kinda new to Newgrounds, so I may not be the best choice, but I do spend a lot of time here. I know asking to become a mod is against the rules, but it'd really be great if I was given mod status.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-18 09:06:37

At 2/16/09 03:14 PM, SardonicSamurai wrote:
YOU ALL HAVE A CHANCE :D

*Chuckles*

Don't encourage them you bully. Most of them are 09ers who only have a couple hundred posts. :3

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-18 09:13:31

At 2/18/09 09:06 AM, 14hourlunchbreak wrote: Don't encourage them you bully. Most of them are 09ers who only have a couple hundred posts. :3

How much posts you have doesn't matter at all. Sure, people who have barely made any posts have very little chance, but you have more chance of gaining a place in the mod team if you have seven or eight thousand high quality posts than if you have 15,000 posts that are generally quite low-quality.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-18 09:17:46

At 2/18/09 09:13 AM, mwmike wrote:

How much posts you have doesn't matter at all. Sure, people who have barely made any posts have very little chance, but you have more chance of gaining a place in the mod team if you have seven or eight thousand high quality posts than if you have 15,000 posts that are generally quite low-quality.

It's a good point but could you really see anyone making that ammount of high quality posts when everyone on here seems to post abusive style comments at some point during their time here, or short and sweet comments which leave little to the imagination to get those posts.
I would suggest its most likely that the longer you have been on the site the more chance you have..

Killing-joke Rule the waves! Rule britania!

Signature made by, TheRipper00 NG Signature Makers ] Guild Wars Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-18 09:55:12

I'd love to be an audioforum mod. Rucklo could use some help and I'm regularly in the audioforum checking stuff out anyway.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-18 10:43:50

I don't really give a rat's ass about becoming a mod or not, there is more to iife than just Newgrounds.........Naw who and the hell am I kidding?

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-18 11:06:32

Well, I'm a user who started here in '05 but I lost my old account due to me being a dumbass and leaving ng for 3 months, resulting in me forgetting my password.

I'd like to be a Forum Moderator because I've been on hundreds of forums (some of which are pretty badly moderated) and I've moderated on a couple of Quake clan forums, giving me a bit of experience (especially when it comes to flaming and the posting of overused pictures). Although I've got no complaints about the moderators on NG cos they do a great job, nor do I think you need any more to be honest.

I'm on NG quite a lot and seeing as I'm in the London time zone and a good 5 hours ahead of the majority of your users. In addition to me not having a day job and also being on study leave, I've got loadsa time to be on the forums. Earliest I'm usually on NG is around 6am EST although I'm usually online at around 12am EST. I can carry through until about 6pm EST during the week. Weekends I'll be available until around 7:30-8:00pm EST.

I'd be kinda helpful if you feel you're a bit shorthanded on mods that can work during the times that most of the American mods are busy working and such.

Unfortunately considering this topic is around 3 years old now I don't believe I'll get much of a look in, but thanks for giving me the chance to say something.

"Don't call me Shirley!"

Sig by EyelessArchfiend.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2009-02-18 11:49:24

After so much time, this topic has lost all of its humour and point. Wade made it eons ago as a way of telling everyone asking to be made a mod to GTFO. Politely.

Even now, people still think it's a place to apply.

/facepalm.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature